• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Chi Town

a summoning question

i often have trouble when it comes to summoning people or objects. i know you are supposed to expect them to be somewhere. but when you say "expect" do you just say/think, "a ball will be behind me." and then it comes. or do you say/think, "a red kickball will be behind me on the table." so pretty much what i am asking is do you just assume a general object to be there and let your subconscious do the rest, or do you visualize the exact object (how it looks)?

reading this, it is confusing and isn't written well. so i hope you understand what i am saying.
      Forget it! Nobody is going to get him! Long gone. DEVIN HESTER YOU ARE RIDICULOUS!
      -Jeff Joniak after Hester's second return against St. Louis

this man is DIRTY

Quote Originally Posted by i make it rain View Post
      i often have trouble when it comes to summoning people or objects. i know you are supposed to expect them to be somewhere. but when you say "expect" do you just say/think, "a ball will be behind me." and then it comes. or do you say/think, "a red kickball will be behind me on the table." so pretty much what i am asking is do you just assume a general object to be there and let your subconscious do the rest, or do you visualize the exact object (how it looks)?

reading this, it is confusing and isn't written well. so i hope you understand what i am saying.
      Visualizing works best for me...

Back in to Dreaming <span class='glow_00868B'>Creation X</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      A lot :D
      well, what I do is when I recieve lucidity, and clear everything around me, I'll close my eyes, reopen them and everything is gone. Then I close my eyes and "spawn" everything back to where I want to be, be it inside a house or ontop a mountain.

Apostle of Contrast Bloody-Mist's Avatar
      Depending on your preferances you can use dozens of diffrent summoning techniques. But on what you are saying, you can be as general or specific as you like, and it useually works. And if not, you should try checking out some of the other forums here, they have great advice.
      "Sir, we are surrounded." "Good, then we may attack in any direction."

Chi Town
      thanks, guys.

Creation, i am kind of scared to do the start from scratch technique because i have troubel summoning little things so i think it will be tough to remake everything. but if i want to drastically change scenery i will give it a shot.

i will try to look around and see what techniques work for other people. when it comes to like superpower stuff, it is the passive control stuff that ususally works. like if i want to grow giant, i will rip my own spine out so i can get bigger (true story). a lot of the time it is stupid stuff though, like rub my hands on a "magic rag" to do stuff. it is weird that when i try this with summoning people (like the around the corner trick) it usually fails. i guess i will keep at it.

thanks again for the replies.
      Forget it! Nobody is going to get him! Long gone. DEVIN HESTER YOU ARE RIDICULOUS!

this man is DIRTY

LD Count
      whatever man
      try whatever you want really, it's your mind.
      maybe if I could nail this thing to get into other dreams I'd go into your dream and help you out..oh man that would be cool

Chi Town
      Quote Originally Posted by Creation X View Post
      whatever man
      try whatever you want really, it's your mind.
      maybe if I could nail this thing to get into other dreams I'd go into your dream and help you out..oh man that would be cool
      that would be sweet. you could have like a DV dream area to meet in dreams for like tutorials and stuff. so flying lessons or whatever would be in person.

this man is DIRTY

LD Count
      Well don't rule it out yet.
      people have had this happen to them.
      I think there is a post somewhere on this forum where people are talking about it.

I was going to post something similar to this. I was wondering, say if I wanted to summon a lot of people, like the whole of my class at school from a few years ago, do you think that I could just say "my whole maths class from 2003 will be in the next room" and they would be? Even if I didn't remember some of the people from the class, do you think my subconscious would be sophisticated enough to remember them all and put them in the room? Or would I have to remember each person separately and imagine them being there for it to work?

Sorry if I'm slightly hijacking your thread, just didn't see the point in posting another one when it's similar. Oh and good question

LD Count
      to Jules2007,
      I'm pretty sure your subconcious could sort it out.
      Like when I was flying to hollywood in my dream(which I've never done before)
      My mind showed me everything under me. Houses, Trees, Schools, everything you think would be there.
      so, I'm pretty sure you would get them all down.
      I ♥ DREAMVIEWS. I always have, and I always will. There is nothing else to it.

Thanks Creation. That's the answer I hoped for! I'm gonna try it next time I'm lucid. That sounds like a great experience you had, it is just mind-blowing what our minds can do!

LD Count
      well I'm glad I could help.
      and I know, Isn't it awesome?
      It's like our minds know whats there already. it's pretty cool really.

Chi Town
      Quote Originally Posted by Jules2007 View Post

Sorry if I'm slightly hijacking your thread, just didn't see the point in posting another one when it's similar. Oh and good question
      it's cool. i'm learning stuff too.

this man is DIRTY

Canada/England
      I say what I want in my head over a few times and visualize it. Saying something over and over again in my head if it doesn't work. I think once you have the confidence it happens much more smoothly
      :]

LD Count
      Lunica is right, It seems to have a lot to do with confidence.
      if you master that, you've master controlling dreams

Chi Town
      Quote Originally Posted by Lunica View Post
      I say what I want in my head over a few times and visualize it. Saying something over and over again in my head if it doesn't work. I think once you have the confidence it happens much more smoothly
      let's say you are visualizing a person you want to summon. do u visualize the EXACT clothes they are wearing or do you not go into that much detail. like what do you visualize? the person's face? im just curious.

this man is DIRTY

A dark desert highway
      DJ Entries
      I barely visualize what I actually want to appear (perhaps partially because my visualization isnt great). Rather, I just usually will the person/thing to be behind me for example, with some amount of confidence. It has rarely failed. I'm not very confident with just having anything materialize before my eyes, so I usually prefer the behind-the-back thing.

Another thing I tried recently, with success, to make someone appear is going up to a dream character, and saying: "Why is X following me?" The dream character answered that he didn't know, and when I turned around, X was there.

Another DC-based method is to go up to someone and ask where someone/something is, and go there. Although perhaps it's best if you ask a loaded question like the example I gave, because the DC might answer something weird or hard to find...

Anyways, it's as usual for any form of dream control: you can either force it, or just try to indirectly have it happen.

Canada/England
      Quote Originally Posted by i make it rain View Post
      let's say you are visualizing a person you want to summon. do u visualize the EXACT clothes they are wearing or do you not go into that much detail. like what do you visualize? the person's face? im just curious.

I dont visualize their clothes.. what they are wearing doesn't matter. I just think of that person and say it in my head.

I normally visualize objects rather than people. I think with people I just say their name. But if I did visualize them it would probably just be their face and I think the rest would follow.

Chi Town
      Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
      Another thing I tried recently, with success, to make someone appear is going up to a dream character, and saying: "Why is X following me?" The dream character answered that he didn't know, and when I turned around, X was there.

Another DC-based method is to go up to someone and ask where someone/something is, and go there. Although perhaps it's best if you ask a loaded question like the example I gave, because the DC might answer something weird or hard to find...
      that is a good idea. i tried just saying out lout to myself, "oh, is that X around the corner?" but it never works. maybe if i ask a DC i am committing my subconscious more.

this man is DIRTY

keep in mind that thinking and believing are two different things.

Dreamtime, Bardos
      DJ Entries

Unhappy

I was hanging out with some dude and I wanted a sexy woman. I willed him to turn into a woman but he wouldn't. Then I got specific and willed him to turn into Jessica Alba and he did. But it faded away. Has anyone made it with her or does she have some dream protection power or something?

As far as visualizing details, you can visualize as much or as little as you like. Whatever you don't visualize, your brain will "fill in the blanks for" although this may sometimes give you unusual results.

Example: I summon a young female. That's all i ask for. She comes complete with a white hoodie with red trim, faded jeans, light brown shoulder length hair and green eyes.

If you are trying to summon something you don't remember perfectly, the blanks might be filled in incorrectly. In the case of your math class, random people might be added and false memories of they're being in the class may or may not be included in the price.

Example: I summon a DeLorean. The outside looks exactly as I imagine it. I climb in, but since I didn't know what the interior of a Delorean looks like, I get an interior you might expect in a crappy subcompact with wierd guages that make no sense.

However, remember that if you don't like how something came out, you are completely free to send it back and get another one. In the case of the delorean i substituted a generic 80's sports car interior.