• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

England

Kitten's Dream Journal

Welcome to Kitten's Dream Journal

I have kept a notebook before where I recorded all my dreams but I got really bored of doing that so I'm going to start writing down all my dreams here. I really hope that this will help my dream recall and help me to have a lucid dream one day. I woke up this morning knowing that I had a dream but I really couldn't remember what it was. I got my notebook and wrote down the words 'mum' and 'diary' and it all came back to me. I scribbled down everything I could remember and surprisingly clearly remembered three dreams that I had last night. This is working already! So here goes..my first dream.

I dreamt that my mum really wanted a calendar/diary so I decided to give mine to her and I asked her for 70p back. I got my diary and put it on the kitchen table. I started looking through my diary and it didn't look like my own - i looked more like a notebook with lots of writing on each page. I remember thinking "If I get my 70p back I'll have enough money for a magazine." I took back my diary because I didn't want my mum looking through it.

Second dream...

In real life my MSN isn't working. I went on the computer in the living room and as usual tried to log on to MSN. To my surprise it actually worked, so I logged on to my main account and a big emailing screen came up. I noticed that I had an email from Dream Views telling me I have a reply to a message.

Third dream...

I dreamt that me and two of my friends (KA and RB) were walking towards my bus stop after school. We got to the middle of the road but for some reason KA decides to carry on walking over to the opposite side of the road. A group of people from my class surround her (about 5, including RG), so me and RB are left there in the middle of the road even though we need to catch the bus that's at the bus stop. RB doesn't catch the same bus as me. We got on the bus and it looked a lot bigger on the inside. There were tables and the sorts of chairs you would see in a cafe. There were elderly people sitting on them and eating homemade pies. I remember wondering why there were elderly people on the bus, considering it was a school bus. Even though there was plenty of room, RB said to an old lady, "Can you check and see if there are any seats upstairs?" I sat down on one of the empty seats facing the side of the bus. It had no windows. The woman sat at the table next to me offered me what looked like cottage cheese pie. I politely refused. Another old woman walked past me to get to her table at the back of the bus and I saw that she was carrying a plate with four pieces of meat pie on it.
      Last edited by Snowkitten; 06-11-2008 at 04:47 PM.

Where angels lose their way.
      I've never been able to remember more about a dream by writing a few words down. I either remember most of it clearly or I don't remember anything at all, not even a couple words. It was nice to hear that it worked for you. Hopefully I can get my recall good.

DILDs: 1
      ESTP - Extraverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving

England
      Ever since I started doing WBTB I haven't been able to remember my dreams. I do remember two nights ago, though, I dreamt that I had a lucid dream. I was standing in a field and the sky was purple. I remember looking at my hands and telling myself to stay calm otherwise my dream will end. And that's all I remember. I wish it was a lucid dream :]

England
      This was a dream I had two nights ago.

Mum asked me if I could cycle or walk by myself to my dance class. It was a Monday in Half Term and I didn't think I had dancing that day.

This is a dream I had last night.
      I know it was a really long dream but I can't remember much of it.

KA/SU wanted to come round my house. For some reason I didn't want them to.
      Something about kittens and a tree. Something happened and then I drew a picture (in my dream) of a tree and kittens next to it on a "dream map". I definitely had a dream about kittens and a tree. The tree was important because that's what I drew first. This was the first time in my life where I was able to "think" in my dreams. For example, normally my dream just happens and it's as if I'm watching a film. This time it felt more life-like, kind of more human if you know what I mean. Then I had another dream which was the longest but I can't remember much of it. I was running through a hallway inside a building, as I ran I thought about my dream so far and what happened. I wasnt lucid. Like I said, I can THINK in my dreams. That sounds really weird to say. Then I was in a shop...
      And that's all.

I have really strange dreams sometimes.
      Last edited by Snowkitten; 06-11-2008 at 04:50 PM.

England
      I tried to WILD last night, and I got up to the point where you start to feel your body vibrating. After about 45 minutes of this I started to feel literally sick so I stopped. It felt like I was in a car or something O.o

England
      In my first dream I was in an old house and I there was a cooking lesson going on. There were about 12 of us including a woman who was teaching us. We were making biscuits and I made really big ones. I took home all the biscuits that I had made and when I looked in the basket there was a plastic christmas tree inside it which was about 1.5m high, but for some reason I thought it was a biscuit.
      I probably had this dream because the evening before I was watching Big Brother and someone called Kathreya was obsessed with biscuits. Don't ask.
      My second dream was a lot weirder. Me and my mum were shopping in a huge shopping centre and I went to get something out of the car. As I came back a got another trolley (doesn't make sense because my mum already had a trolley and we were in a clothes shop. She wasn't the way she was before and was ignoring me.
      My third dream was the strangest of all. Me, mum and dad were stood on the roof of a tall building. It reminded me a bit of the shopping centre in my last dream. It was a beautiful day. Something wasn't quite right with me. I don't remember this part clearly and it's really confusing. I had this thing attached to me. I don't know what it was but it was it was kind of like a tiny black button on my stomach. Nearby attached to part of the roof was another "button". I said "What would happen to me if I pressed it?" No-one knew, so I pressed it and all of a sudden I felt really sleepy. I didn't like the sensation so I pressed the button again and I was back to normal. Then I found myself in my living room, exactly as it is. Out of curiosity I pressed the button on the side of my stomach and I felt sleepy again. I lay down on the floor to get to sleep. I expected to fall asleep straight away but I couldn't, even though pressing the button made me more sleepy than I ever was before. At that point I woke up.

England
      Me and lots of other people were in the living room of our old house. The lights were turned off and it was the middle of the night. Someone said that 12 years ago there was a violent ghost which used to at first only throw small things accross the room but by the end of the night completely destroy the room. The person said that if you see the ghost you won't be able to leave the room because you will be so fascinated by it. You can hide in the room, but you can't leave. The ghost had not been seen for 12 years so assumed we were safe. Some time later, a huge ghost appeared behind us. He was half invisible and tinted blue. He looked about 10ft tall. He started throwing things accross the room and he said he was playing darts.
      The strange thing I noticed about this dream was that I lived in our old house until I was 12 years old... (O.o)

In my second dream I was outside our house and I saw a boy around my age with short brown hair, jeans and a sports jacket. I asked him if he wanted to come round, he did and I remember choosing what to wear because we were going to go out. We decided to walk to Boscombe (shopping centre), but along the way there was a little kiddies playground. It doesn't exist in real life. We had to go through it if we wanted to go shopping, and the apparatus was in our way. We had to crawl under the swings etc. We continued walking until we got to the shopping centre.

England
      I can't remember much of this dream..
      There was a stage with blue lights and an audience and I think it was a singing competition. All the contestants sang their songs and at the end sang a song together. Before the final song, though, everyone gathered round a table which had random things on it like spoons and triangles. They were actually prizes which were given to people who had helped with the show. The person who helped the most got a platinum spoon and I really wanted the black triangle (I don't know what it was, 2D/3D?? Just a triangle. That's as best as I can describe it) but instead I got an ordinary spoon. There was a person with a mohawk with purple bits in it and someone said "I've never been to a punk performance."

England
      I didn't write yesterday, so here's the dream I had on the night of the 8th.

It was night time and I was outside a building with a few bins next to it. The building had a kind of like a part of the roof hanging out over the door and walls around it and a light by the door. I don't know who I was with, about two people - probably my dad and brother. One of them threw a bin into the darkness and it exploded, giving off blue and green lights that flickered close to my eyes. Dad said it was because of all the carbon dioxide. We had lots of blue balloons (not blown up) and we had to protect my cat which was by the door. We had to squeeze the balloons to create oxygen (I don't see how any of this makes any sense) to protect ourselves and our cat.
      In the next part of the dream my two sisters wanted to do that, but as a game. We were in a playground. They didn't do it right and didn't squeeze enough balloons. Then I walked to a shop near where I live (this shop doesn't exist) and in it there was a large open space where people were squeezing balloons and playing some sort of game at the same time. They were also not doing it right but I didn't care so I went over to a book case where there were all sorts of books. I picked up a green sparkly fictional book about fairies.
      Woke up.

Last night's dream

There were two men near my road at night and they were running from a police car. They ran round the corner and stopped. The police got out of the car and followed them. The policeman stopped by one man and a few metres away to the left the other man put his arms out by his sides and started rising up in the air. He flew and came down by the other man and they both took off in a silver flying machine. It was circular and had seats built into it, and it didn't have a roof. The machine needed specific things like rain to make it fly. There was a digital display on it which tells us how much energy there is. Up until now it has been like a movie scene, but now I become a camera that follows them around and it's like I'm there. It starts raining and we fly over my house, dangerously high. One man said we should land and try again another time and the other man wanted to keep going because we already got this far, even though the energy is running low. So we keep flying, but a bit lower so it's not as dangerous. We end up somehow in an airport and start re-charging the machine and buying food.

Second dream

This dream carries on from the last one. I was with my sister inside a large shop and we went everywhere and looked around. We found the flying machine from my last dream and we start charging it with electricity (not rain this time). Then we go on it and start flying around the whole shop and we see the men trying to get it back.
      Then I appeared inside a narrow green room and the floor was completely covered with skateboard ramps. KA's mum was sitting on one of them and KA was standing. Mum called me on my phone and I answered. I can't remember what happened next.
      Then I had the first part of my first dream (up until we're flying over my house) a few times again.
      Last edited by Snowkitten; 06-10-2008 at 07:52 PM.

England
      ..and there I was thinking "Am I ever going to have a dream ever again??"
      I don't know why I haven't been able to recall my dreams lately. I managed to remember part of last night's dream though.

All I remember was that I was smoking (I don't smoke in real life) and then I wished that I hadn't and I was really upset because I thought that I was hooked. I sat there wondering how I was going to tell my dad. Then I suddenly thought: Hey, I don't smoke. This isn't real! That was the first time I was lucid!
      And at that moment I woke up.
      Last edited by Snowkitten; 01-26-2009 at 08:19 PM.

England
      Whoa, it's been a while since I last wrote. My bad :/

Last night I dreamt that me and SU were walking around a weird hill. It was huge and it was made of carpet. There were loads of people our age sitting and talking. I went past a girl called AH and because I really hate her I turned to her and told her exactly what I thought of her. (I would never do this in real life.) I can't remember what she said back, but I walked away proud of myself.

England
      Yesterday I made the decision that I AM going to have a lucid dream within the next month. So for a week, each night I will try one LD technique. After a week, if it doesn't work I will move on to a different technique and so on.

Week 1 - WBTB + mind awake/body asleep

I set my alarm clock for 4.10am. I woke up naturally at about 2am - (this is what alarm clocks do to me, I wake up before it has time to go off.) I lay in bed very still without moving and every time I felt uncomfortable I ignored it. After about 10 minutes I felt like I was trapped inside a piece of metal..I tried to stay awake but fell asleep. fail.

England
      I can't remember my dream much..something about going on the bus without paying the fare..

I didn't have a lucid dream I fell asleep too quickly.

England
      I read somewhere on dreamviews that drinking green tea or peppermint tea can help induce lucid dreaming. So before I went to bed I drank a cup of each. I went to bed and tried to WILD and after 10 minutes I started to feel like my body was vibrating. I lay still without moving for ages. After an hour of this I got really annoyed so I gave up. Then I woke up at 3.30am before my alarm clock went off and tried again. I felt the vibrations very soon and I focused on my "third eye". After an hour I became annoyed again and sat up. When I lay back down again I was hoping that the vibrations had stopped and I could just go to sleep. But no. As soon as I lay down I was vibrating and the feeling coming from my forehead was just annoying. I tried daydreaming to get rid of this feeling but I couldn't. I could not let my mind drift. In the end I did fall asleep though.

England
      Last night I had a really long dream about vampires but the only part I can remember is a girl vampire saying to me, "remember, to protect yourself from vampires wear 2 beaded necklaces and a necklace with a cross on it."

England
      I took 450mg Valerian root an hour before bed, and I tried to WILD by counting to 100 in my head. After 100 I fell asleep quickly, and I remembered more dreams than I normally do and they were a lot more vivid than usual.

In my first dream, I was in a really posh, grand mansion and there were loads of people from school. There was a teacher there too who told everyone to go inside a specific room. I didn't want to, so I pretended to need the toilet and went to the toilet which was huge.

In my second dream, I was back in the same mansion and a woman that I knew, probably a friend's mum, asked me and my family whether we wanted to go on holiday with her and her family. She said we would be staying on the top floor of a skyscraper, and the bottom of the skyscraper was small and narrow and it got wider as it went up. My parents said yes but I was thinking no, please no.

In my third dream me and my family were driving next to a beach and I saw a university called B.I - which in real life is B.U. I looked at it and said to my sister how horrible it looks. It was tall and looked more like a wall with curved edges (it looks nothing like this in real life). It was painted dark blue. Then we passed the university canteen which just looked old and cheap, and I said that it looks better than the other building.

We looked out of the window and saw a massive theme park ride by the beach. It looked exactly like this http://farm1.static.flickr.com/110/2...dd1dd4d2cd.jpg but wider. My dad and his friend wanted to go on it and so did I, but when i got out of the car it turned into a different ride. I can't describe it..all I can say is that it spins around in the air. One look at it and didn't want to go on it. My dad and his friend did though, so they got in the queue and I just stood there watching the ride spin. A woman came up to me and told me that earlier on, a boy fell off the ride. I have no idea why but I decided to go on the ride too. It was ok at first, but towards the end it started to tilt too much towards the ground, and every time it tilted I expected it to crash. At the end of the ride the operator said that it was a test run to see if it was still safe after the boy fell from it and everyone got angry.

England
      I was half asleep in the morning, and I was just letting my mind drift from thought to thought. Soon it turned into a kind of daydream which felt a bit like a real dream. I was in a classroom during a french lesson and me and my friends where speaking in french. I wasn't controlling what I was saying, but then I consciously decided to say onion. Instead of saying it in my dream/daydream, I said it in real life and it made me fully wake up. I just burst out laughing. - the first word I said when I woke up - onion.

England

Lucid dream!!

Omg I had a lucid dream last night!! I woke up at 5am and so I rolled over and soon I was asleep again. Straight away I knew that I was dreaming - I wasn't taking part in the dream myself. It was more like a movie.
      Freddy Krueger (nightmare on elm street) was holding a man in a suit and he...umm...well you know what Freddy does if you've seen the films. I was scared so I woke myself up.

England
      I haven't written in ages :/
      there wasn't a lot to write about.
      but....I had a lucid dream last night!

I woke up..then fell asleep again and I was suddenly in some random room. I did the throat RC and was really excited so I tried to fly through the window in front of me. I only got about a metre up in the air and I kind of just hovered there. I could feel my body in real life vibrating - I had a really strange feeling in my head and my whole body just shuddered every 2 seconds. I could feel myself losing lucidity - I was losing control and the dream was fading. I remembered reading on DV that a good way of staying lucid is spinning. I tried that, but I couldn't..it was too late..the dream was fading and I could not control what was happening.
      I woke up many hours later. I have never slept for so long in my life.

England
      I
      Can't
      Sleep.

England
      I had this dream a couple of nights ago. Btw, I have decided to write in my dream journal frequently from now on. This is one of the most amazing dreams I have had in a very long time.

I was in a huge forest, but there weren't that many trees. So basically like a field. In the middle there was a huge circular hole. It looked like a bomb had been dropped there years ago, because there was grass growing in it. All around the edge was a tall metal fence so that people couldn't fall in. But the strange thing was, there were people trapped in the hole and they couldn't get out. It looked like there were around 100 people (including me) desparately trying to escape. They were trying to climb up the steep hills around us. I overheard many people saying that we were all going to be drowned by some sort of elite for no reason.
      Some time later, everyone was transported and during the short journey everyone was panicking about being drowned and saying goodbyes to their families. Suddenly we were all in a massive room with a screen and projector at the front of the room. For some reason, everyone still thought we were all going to be drowned. There were a few speakers in suits at the front, too. One man at the front told everyone to be quiet and said something along the lines of "Thank you all for joining us. You may remember last year we took the equivalent of one glass of water from every single one of you to donate it to Brazil. We would now like to show you (on the screen) how you have helped us and the impact our work has made in Brazil." Oh. It was a charity. :/
      After the man said that, the whole crowd became very angry. We were all thinking 'how dare that charity steal one glass of water from everyone!' Instead of listening to the presentation, every single person left the room.
      We were all back inside the bomb site, trying to climb out but not even making it to the fence.

England
      My goddamn pathetic attempts at keeping a dream journal.
      Taken from scraps of paper I have been writing my dreams on for the past few weeks:

19th December 2009
      (After wbtb)
      Image of a brunette girl - scared/upset? She and her friend are in a dark room. They began talking about handbags.

20th December 2009
      My mum told me to sort out and tidy my drawers, and the next thing I know, the drawers are in a different room.

21st December 2009
      Takes place in school, and our formroom happened to be downstairs in the C block. It was lunchtime and close to christmas. While everyone sat and talked, Mr. MRT came in and immediately told us to do exercise...on page...Just after he said that, I said "No," and ran out with the intention of hiding in the library in order to avoid doing any work at lunch. On my way to the library, I met ES and a few other people and we wandered around the C block until Miss VB decided to shout at us all.

22nd December 2009
      An old man was on a bike, and he suddenly fainted.
      On the same street, there wass a lioness hiding in the trees. I looked back and the man had disappeared.
      I explained this to people in my form. And this time, my formroom was in the art block.

23rd December 2009
      In school, LB trying to get my attention by drawing a boat shape.

24th December 2009
      Founder's Day, so my school was in church. I was sitting next to RB and RM in the front row. I was on my phone, and RM was eating crisps. Miss AC turned to look at us, but didn't seem to care. All of a sudden everyone had sneaked out of the church and Miss AC was asleep at the front.

25th December 2009
      Short, still image of Russian dolls under the Christmas tree.

26th December 2009
      It was snowing outside. I wanted to go outside and see my friends from the field, and I decided to look for them in the neighbour's garden. (???) Me and somebody else sneaked in, and luckily they were asleep. We hid under a bed when we thought that someone had woken up. It turned out that there was no one in their garden.

27th December 2009
      Chatroom with LB. Then a group of us are at a party, then I find myself sitting outside in the middle of a field with loads of other people, and HA comes and sits next to me.

28th December 2009
      A maths lesson, but there are too many people and not enough space in the classroom, so the door is left open and there are loads of desks in the hallway. Each desk had a laptop, and we were all doing 'BBC mobile revision' (???).

29th December 2009
      Something distinctly about robot-ghosts. I kept waking up throughout the night, but when I fell asleep I would only dream about robot-ghosts. This is what I get for watching Saw 1-5, then Paranormal Activity back to back before bed :/

30th December 2009
      I was trying to get into Oxford University, but the process was really long and complicated. I had countless interviews, walked around the campus which looked like it had ponds everywhere, and at one point I became a secretary for the uni. Some people ended up dying in a pond (???) And in the end I gave up trying to get a place in Oxford.

31st December 2009
      I was in a bedroom, and I had a handbook about bears. Suddenly, a bear comes in and tries to attack me, and the handbook gets bigger and smaller. As this happens, the price of the book also changes depending on how small or large it is. Somehow I escape and go on a short bike ride around the town before coming back to the house, packing just a few important belongings and moving house.

1st January 2010
      I was playing some sort of cartoon racing game (mario kart?) either on the computer or in person. We were taking turns to play, then we go to the bathroom to brush our teeth.
      Second dream - I was in my regular formroom at school. I was sitting at a desk, and I had 3 bodysprays in my bag. I sprayed myself with 2 of them. I was sitting next to RM and EC. Then, RM's dad was in some sort of trouble with the police and someone told me that that police from all over the country would travel miled to get him if they knew who he was. In the dream, RM's dad was a teacher at the school. All of a sudden, I was running from east way towards my formroom in order to find RM. In the last part of the dream, RM and I were in the room putting mascara on, and RM's mum told us to come with her quickly as if she and her husband were in a hurry to escape.

2nd January 2010
      It was winter, and I was sitting in the driver's seat of one of our cars. I may have just been back from a journey. I was driving slowly, but safely and I found a parking space in front of our house, so I parked the car. Then I went and parked the other car.
      In my second dream, me and some friends were walking somewhere to meet RP, and he rejected each and every one of us via letter.

3rd January 2010
      A still image of a mind map on a white background. The words were written in black mainly. The mind map may have been about several subjects, because the word 'philosophy' was written near the top-right part of the diagram.

5th January 2010
      Me and my brother both had Twitter accounts. He posted a message saying that he would take over a cityl and I replied "Why don't you put a hyperlink on that?"

9th January 2010
      Crazily dramatic and over-impressive in an epic way. Not the actual dream, but how it was 'made'. Seriously reminded me of a horror film. There was a clearing in the middle of the forest, and in this clearing was a house completely made from dark wooden planks. I was the camera, or a third person, not really part of the dream. The roof of the house was missing, and a man was laying down and another man was torturing him, either by physical or emotional pain. The tortured man is dying - he is completely helpless. I am the camera, and I'm being pulled upwards away from the scene quickly with dramatic music.
      My second dream is related to the first. It was me in the future, living in an apartment with a husband and around 4 year old daughter. Our daughter is like a devil child, and reminded me a lot like the man from my previous dream. My husband and I were scared of her because we thought she was possessed. We tried to run away, but the dream faded.

10th January 2010
      I was at the neighbour's house returning their keys. I was inside their house putting the keys on the back of their front door. The woman comes downstairs and tells me that I have been really bad, and I had no idea what she was talking about.

England
      25th January
      I was standing on top of a skyscraper when I got a text from KA inviting me to her fancy dress birthday party. I thought to myself that I would dress up as a vampire.

Last night
      I was in a room (classroom?) with a guy who looked a lot like Dane Bowers.