• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

When the ink runs out... Kushna Mufeed's Avatar

The Dynamics of Segrival, my Conworld.

I have been developing a conworld (constructed world) for quite some time now. Since this world is quite unlike our world and almost every aspect, I have been working on this document to detail its dynamics.

The information in the document is far from final. This is especially true since I am currently working on developing an original Elemental System rather than the cliche 4 element system I used here, which in turn effects almost everything else. I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle developing this Elemental System until I am completely satisfied with it, so I have not decided whether I will use the new one or just stick with this one.

I'm posting this in hopes of getting criticism and having questions asked. That way I can fix any faults and clarify any unclear points.

This is a whopper of a document, so I don't expect anyone to read the entire thing. It is comprised of 5 sections. You can probably read only one section and get a good understanding of it without the need to read the other sections. Out of experience from showing this to friends, I'd advise you to read the entire section before asking questions about it.

Without further ado, I present to you Segrival:
      [link removed]
      Last edited by gab; 08-19-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff777 View Post
      I am not sorry or empathetic whatsoever for saying that I believe the world would be much better off without people like you in it. Have a great fucking day.
      [broken link removed]The Dynamics of Segrival[/URL]
      Discuss Segrival here
      See my other [broken link removed]

I had a breakthrough today at school while trying to develop my Elemental System and I think I finally got it.

How does this effect the document. Well:
      Section 1 (Composure of the Universe) will be completely made over.
      Section 2 (Structure of the Universe) will be slightly altered/
      Section 3 (Magic) Will only experience changes in the Elemnal schools of magic and perharps in Mysticism too.
      Section 4 (Sentient Life) Will have a number of new races added to it.
      Section 5 (History) Was no where near final to begin with, but I haven't decided what changed need to be made yet.

I am not sorry or empathetic whatsoever for saying that I believe the world would be much better off without people like you in it. Have a great fucking day.
      Discuss Segrival here

Well, here it is. The new Elemental System. I think I've finally got this locked down. Of course everytime I think that, things end up changing and it's anything but locked down. Anywhoot, let me know what you think. I think it's pretty self-explanatory, but ask me questions if you're confused about anything.

Discuss Segrival here

I have finally completed altering the document to suit the new Elemental System. There have been a number of other changed too other than what I noted would be changed earlier:

-Men have had their name changed to Humans, due to complaints elsewhere that it excluded women.

-Rather then one gem per Elemna there are now several.

-New school of magic: Charms

- I have also added an introduction which I will quote here:

A few years ago, a character walked into my mind. A character to whom the world had not been kind. A character whose acts had lead to the near destruction of a world that seemed to hate him. But what world was this?

As soon as I asked myself this question, the details of a world began unfolding in my mind. Before I could write it all down, the idea had ran away without me, leaving me gasping for breath far behind. As I tried to get things down, it kept evolving. As soon as I thought I had finalized an aspect of the world, it would end up changing yet again. To this day, I still feel like I am catching up, although I will admit I did not always give chase. I would probably have been at this point long ago if I had worked on it consistently.

Sometimes it feels like this is an idea with a mind of its own. I highly doubt this version of it will be the final version of it, although I feel that it is in the final stages of solidifying.

Although putting this much work into something and enjoying every second of watching it progress and grow is gratification enough, the experience is always made better when you share it with someone else. So I would like to put forward an invitation to any and all who might be interested. I invite you to come to a world like no other. A world where the sun never sets; it brightens and dims. A world where the stars dance. A world where when you look up, you do not see a sky, but some distant land. A world populated by a great variation of creatures; some who are familiar but with an added twist of my own and others who are completely new and original. A world into which I have put my very heart and soul. A world which I call Segrival.
      Well, here's the link to the new edition: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dd8v2zmj_17f47pgdd4

Discuss Segrival here

Banned
      LD Count
      Loads
      Digital Forest.
      Wow.

Very well done and fleshed out ConWorld you've got there!

Conscious Traveler
      Unity
      DJ Entries
      This is a quite interesting world that I certainly wouldn't mind seeing, say, a story about. I did, in fact, read the entire thing (I have no life) and my only thoughts as to what could be added would be possibly a more detailed map (I recommend Google SketchUp for 3-d things) I will try to stay updated, as I find this idea very interesting

EDIT: I see now that you have written stories that I certainly will be reading
      RE-EDIT: your link to "The Demise" does not work
      EDIT of RE-EDIT: J/K only the front page link doesn't work, "the Work" page link does
      Last edited by Erikkujonson; 10-02-2008 at 10:25 PM.
      3-19-08
      would you consider it strange if an alien spent several hours prone each night while their soul roamed in another dimension? We are strange creatures..

Quote Originally Posted by Erikkujonson View Post
      This is a quite interesting world that I certainly wouldn't mind seeing, say, a story about.
      The whole reason for creating Segrival was to base an epic story I have in mind. I won't go into that here.

I did, in fact, read the entire thing (I have no life) and my only thoughts as to what could be added would be possibly a more detailed map
      The map will be developed later and as necessary. This is specifically about the Dynamics.

(I recommend Google SketchUp for 3-d things)
      I'll be sure to look into it.

OK, so I'm going to need to make an updated version of this document at some point. There's a bunch of changes to be made:

-I have revisited the Elemental System. Making minor changes to it but nothing too drastic. I have run into a stumbling block in revising it need to overcome it or decide the change just isn't feasible. I'm hoping I can work it in.

-I want to change the name "Holy" to something else. "Holy" implies divine, where as here it does not mean that. It's more along the lines of Pacifism, but "pacifism" is too big and clumsy a word here. Something short and sweet, preferably monosyllabic.

-I've been thinking of a new school of magic: "Bloodline Magic." Magic cast on people having effects which are carried onto descendants. This may be a School all on it's own, or a sub-School under Enchantment. From where I'm standing right now, it's more likely a sub-School.

-I may revisit the Elemnal Schools and switch up the dynamics of those.

-I have disposed of 5 Shepherds.

-I have removed a bunch of races: Dwarves, Yeti, Centaurs, Angels, Demons

-I've redefined Erenfels and Haunts (now called Ezkuth).

-Machinas are now called Macuans.

-One breed of Faerie has been removed: Butterfly-winged.

-I'm wanting to get rid of Elves and replace them with a more original race.

-Keldalbo now has its own section.

-The History is going to go through a TOTAL MAKEOVER.

I'll see if I can think of anything else.

Discuss Segrival here

This is the overview for the new version of Segrival.

Any questions?

Discuss Segrival here

never better Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      BuffaLOVE, New York
      Bump for great thread