• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

Lucid sex question

I've had 3 lucid sex dreams (all very nice), but whenever I orgasm in the dream I wake up. Does this happen to everyone, and is there a way to stop it?

florida
      i wake up everytime if i bust usally it just depends learn to have more control theres no secret

Lurker
      Yes it happens to me too!!! Although my dreams aren't lucid - they're just normal sex dreams. They are also real orgasms - but they are super short and very mild compared to real life. I'm afraid I can't really help. Sex dreams are apparently related to an increase of dopamine in the brain.

LD Count
      Tons
      Bay Area, California
      DJ Entries
      I've heard that is pretty common. People always make up reasons about getting over excited, or losing focus.

I never really have the problem. In my non-lucid sex dreams, I can never really orgasm. In lucid sex dreams, I can orgasm like 50 times (part of the reason lucid sex can be more fun than real sex)

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      México
      DJ Entries
      I don't wake up from that (Dislike lucid sex), though I don't think there is other way to stop yourself from waking up other than staying aware in the dream.

aka Raphael Achievements:
      Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      It takes a lot of focus to maintain the clarity of the dream after having an orgasm. If you don't have many LDs to begin with, then I wouldn't recommend having lucid sex because it's a sure way to end the dream if you're inexperienced.

It's well worth the practice though, even if it ruins a lot of LDs for you

i think that getting too excited makes you wake up from a lucid dream

i used to get excited and wake up before it'd even started xD

i'd imagine having an orgasm would count as being pretty exciting, so maybe that's what makes you up ^^

Crackhead Achievements:
      Veteran First Class 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points
      Quote Originally Posted by Conkt View Post
      I've had 3 lucid sex dreams (all very nice), but whenever I orgasm in the dream I wake up. Does this happen to everyone, and is there a way to stop it?
      As soon as I spot a nice looking girl my heart starts beating and I wake up.

LD Count
      Tons
      Bay Area, California
      DJ Entries
      I rarely have sex in lucid dreams, anyways. I get distracted by things that are impossible in real life, and way more fun.

For example, last night I became lucid during a sex dream at a very inopportune time. I immediately forgot all about the sex, and ditched the poor gal to go flying around like Peter Pan.

Lurker
      Quote Originally Posted by Robot_Butler View Post
      I rarely have sex in lucid dreams, anyways. I get distracted by things that are impossible in real life, and way more fun.

For example, last night I became lucid during a sex dream at a very inopportune time. I immediately forgot all about the sex, and ditched the poor gal to go flying around like Peter Pan.
      Way more fun? Pfft. Way more fun is just having sex while doing that other impossible stuff.

For those of you who have been able to have an orgasm while having sex in a lucid dream, was it a full orgasm (i.e. was it a wet dream)? (I assume not for some of you like Robot_Butler who had 50 of them...)

Quote Originally Posted by Conkt View Post
      I dream of flying, of flying while having sex, of sex itself, of swimming, of being chased by a flying killer while also flying, and of all other shit, but I can't dream of having sex long enough to orgasm. I think it just gets too exciting

¿ƃuıɯɐǝɹp noʎ ǝɹɐ Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

New Zealand
      Quote Originally Posted by Robot_Butler View Post
      In lucid sex dreams, I can orgasm like 50 times (part of the reason lucid sex can be more fun than real sex)
      I can do that in RL

But yeah, when I have one in a nonlucid I always wake up. Haven't had one in a LD yet.

LD Count
      Tons
      Bay Area, California
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by DreamQueen View Post
      I can do that in RL
      Every time I consider complaining to mother nature about that being unfair, I just think of this:

Some anglerfishes of the superfamily Ceratioidei employ an unusual mating method. Because individuals are presumably locally rare and encounters doubly so, finding a mate is problematic. When scientists first started capturing ceratioid anglerfish, they noticed that all of the specimens were females. These individuals were a few inches in size and almost all of them had what appeared to be parasites attached to them. It turned out that these "parasites" were the remains of male ceratioids.
      At birth, male ceratioids are already equipped with extremely well developed olfactory organs that detect scents in the water. When it is mature, the male's digestive system degenerates, making him incapable of feeding independently, which necessitates his quickly finding a female anglerfish to prevent his death. The sensitive olfactory organs help the male to detect the pheromones that signal the proximity of a female anglerfish. When he finds a female, he bites into her skin, and releases an enzyme that digests the skin of his mouth and her body, fusing the pair down to the blood-vessel level. The male then atrophies into nothing more than a pair of gonads, which releases sperm in response to hormones in the female's bloodstream indicating egg release. This extreme sexual dimorphism ensures that, when the female is ready to spawn, she has a mate immediately available.[3]

On Earth
      I think it is just a matter of practice and expectation. I was thinking when I first read this that yeah I wake up a lot earlier than I'd like in sex dreams but I think it has more to do with the psycology of the dreamer than the dream content itself.

I know in one dream I was not necesarily lucid but aware enough to control the dream and was not afraid of my surroundings so I started looking for a particular character to have sex with and almost immediately a DC appeared and hovered near my shoulder and was like a watcher that made me nervous as if I would be reprimanded for being naughty.

But then I remembered just now that there was another dream where I was more relaxed and I managed a full orgasm but then woke up because there was simply no reason to remain in the dream not because the dream ended prematurely or whatever, you know?

I think you just need to relax and constantly remind yourself that it is only a dream and you are not punished for being horny :-)

I have to keep reminding myself of all sorts of stuff people have told me here so I can continue to relax and work on my recall before I can get lucid again.

:-)