• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      LD Count
      lost count
      Sirius B
      DJ Entries

LD movie [Waking Life]

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share this movie with everyone who has not seen it yet, it's called "Waking Life". A movie about a guy who learns how to become lucid throughout his dream senarios. This movie will have you thinking and may influence you to become more eager to become lucid .

if you would like to watch Waking life, click below

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ng+llife&hl=en
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC

Lighttts
      LD Count
      44+
      Oxford
      If you haven't seen it, check out Vanilla Sky. The unstable cartoon overlay in Waking Life was quite off-putting for me.
      "I'd rather have a mind opened by wonder rather than closed by belief." - Gerry Spence, "Postponement fertilizes fear; action cures fear." - Schwartz

WILD: 29
      Supposed OBE: 6 (29th Jan, 3 on 10th August, 2 on 5th November)
      DILD: innumerous

Banned
      LD Count
      im here for you
      Well

Thank you for the link, as I have not seen the movie yet, but we have plenty of other threads about this movie. Often with better placement choice than lucid aids.

LD Count
      Scotland
      DJ Entries
      I tried to watch it awhile ago but never really got into it.

I will try to watch it again and not get bored.

If you haven't seen it then check out Vanilla Sky, one of the best movies I have seen, and it's got lucidity in it.

ex-member
      Yea, I've seen it. I rather liked it. I guess I'm one of the few people who haven't fallen asleep during it or found it boring.
      Bollocks.

LD Count
      lost count
      Sirius B
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by no-name View Post
      Well

Thank you for the link, as I have not seen the movie yet, but we have plenty of other threads about this movie. Often with better placement choice than lucid aids.
      sorry about that, i haven't been on here in so long lol.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC

Dreamer/Writer/Reporter Liberty's Avatar
      Austin
      I saw Vanilla Sky in theaters. So not a date movie. Gave me a headache.

Astral Warrior Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      a butt-load
      California
      DJ Entries
      Both Vanilla Sky and Waking Life are pretty amazing movies.

I'd like to throw another one in the mix: "What Dreams May Come" with Robin Williams. Some pretty wild effects, colors, and concepts.
      I am the DREAMJUMPER

ex-member
      Quote Originally Posted by Captain Frapo View Post

I'd like to throw another one in the mix: "What Dreams May Come" with Robin Williams. Some pretty wild effects, colors, and concepts.

To be honest, the book is amazing. I read that the first time right around the time I joined DV. Really inspiring.
      Bollocks.

I've seen it before. Very good movie with good info in it.

LD Count
      lost count
      Sirius B
      DJ Entries
      I never did see "Vanilla sky" or "What dreams may come" , i'm gonna go check those out now, thanks guys
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC

Back in to Dreaming <span class='glow_00868B'>Creation X</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      A lot :D
      Vanilla Sky wasn't that great, in my opinion.
      It wasn't really ALL based off Lucidity, only the last "Lucid Dream Program." part.

That movie is a real chick flick if you ask me
      I ♥ DREAMVIEWS. I always have, and I always will. There is nothing else to it.

Astral Warrior Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      a butt-load
      California
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
      To be honest, the book is amazing. I read that the first time right around the time I joined DV. Really inspiring.
      Oh snap, I had no idea it was originally a book. I'll have to seek it out now.
      I am the DREAMJUMPER

Dreamer/Writer/Reporter Liberty's Avatar
      Austin
      Ditto on "What Dreams May Come".

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Gold 10000 Hall Points Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      527+
      Virginia
      DJ Entries
      Just finished watching "Waking Life". It had alot of cool philosophical ideas, but it was very slow. I personally never have had deep conversation in my Lucid Dreams, so I really didn't connect with the movie. It seemed more like the director had only researched Lucid Dreaming, opposed to actually doing it himself. It was ok, but could have been better I guess. It is set up more like a hybrid documentary and I'm just not into that.

Banned
      Abre Los Ojos is like the complete opposite of a chick flick. I <3 it.

California
      Thanks so much for posting that link! I really enjoyed this movie. A friend mentioned to me that this was really good and I've been meaning to check it out. I didn't even know it was about lucid dreams.
      Total Lucid Dreams:102(WILDs:83 DILDs:19)

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

What Dreams may come (film) was pretty cool, i enjoyed it very much and with those special effects.., though it's not literally about dreaming, there are references to it; going to get the book soon. About waking life when I first watched it, 4 years ago, i hated it, last year i decided to watch it again and I liked it.
      Last edited by Darz; 03-25-2009 at 03:23 PM.

LD Count
      6 WILD 29 DILD
      My Brain and sometimes the Pac-NW
      Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
      Abre Los Ojos is like the complete opposite of a chick flick. I <3 it.

Yah, I was just going to say that Abre Los Ojos is the original Vanilla Sky....before Hollywood took the idea

also, if you'd like, go to here and type in "Abre Los Ojos", the posts in the comment section about lucid dreaming is pretty funny....wow the things people have no clue about

Banned
      IMO the original is so much better. The American remake is glamourized, Abre Los Ojos has this filming that is done in sort of a more realistic, harsher manner that just makes the movie so much better. And a lot of stupid little things were changed between the movies to change the character of Ceasar, imo, for the worse. Definitely at least watch the original before you try Vanilla Sky is my advice. Appreciate it as you should, then go to the easier English version... otherwise, as typically happens, the clean-cut English American remake is preferred simply because you don't have to read the subtitles and not because it approaches the level of the first

Now... when are they going to get around to DUBBING Abre Los Ojos...
      Honestly though my motivation in Spanish classes is to be able to watch that movie.

Banned
      LD Count
      im here for you
      Meh, 20 minutes in, constant metaphors, opinions, and random peoples blatherings.
      Huge lack of plot, not entertaining. :[

San Antonio, Tx
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Lone_Deranger View Post
      Thanks so much for posting that link! I really enjoyed this movie. A friend mentioned to me that this was really good and I've been meaning to check it out. I didn't even know it was about lucid dreams.
      The movie itself isn't entirely about LD'ing but it is a part of it. It's deeper than that, and I'll leave it at that because describing the movie with justice would take up a whole page plus. BTW can you believe this came from the Dazed and Confused guy. To quote a famous cool guy, "Alright alright alright." Both great movies from the same mind.
      Last edited by reapsltd666; 03-26-2009 at 07:26 PM. Reason: spelling
      Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead...only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

Under a Vanilla Sky...
      England
      Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
      IMO the original is so much better. The American remake is glamourized, Abre Los Ojos has this filming that is done in sort of a more realistic, harsher manner that just makes the movie so much better. And a lot of stupid little things were changed between the movies to change the character of Ceasar, imo, for the worse. Definitely at least watch the original before you try Vanilla Sky is my advice. Appreciate it as you should, then go to the easier English version... otherwise, as typically happens, the clean-cut English American remake is preferred simply because you don't have to read the subtitles and not because it approaches the level of the first

Now... when are they going to get around to DUBBING Abre Los Ojos...
      Honestly though my motivation in Spanish classes is to be able to watch that movie.
      Oh, you reminded me of how much I want to see the original! I really do love Vanilla Sky, though, and although people give Tom Cruise a lot of stick, I thought he did an amazing job. My friend tried to get me to watch Waking Life once, but I never really got into it.
      Any other dream movie suggestions?
      Richnfg's Dream Journal
      Lucid Dream Count: 2

Banned
      Yea you hear of so many people who don't like him because of scientology or whatever... I couldn't care less. I decide whether or not I like an actor based on how good of a job I think they did acting... I don't think it's the acting in Vanilla Sky, I just dislike the movie since I feel the original did such a better job. Lots of people disagree with me though, different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Waking Life on the other hand, I just found flat-out boring. The parts on LDing are good, but like I've said on many other threads on here about it... the pseudo-philosophical/philosophical rambling by some random person is just not interesting to me. If I wanted to listen to that, I could walk down to the philosophy building and ask a bunch of 20 year olds what they felt the truth in life was between joints. Yet another thing now associated with lucid dreaming that has nothing to do with it.

Like I said, there are a lot of other threads on the same topic but some of my favorite movies about dreaming and lucid dreaming are Abre Los Ojos, The Matrix, The Wizard of Oz, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (tiny bits of it about memory are akin to dreaming), and Alice in Wonderland. Groundhog Day isn't really about dreaming per se, but it's full of awesome and the concept of false awakenings.
      Last edited by Shift; 03-27-2009 at 01:09 PM.

California
      Quote Originally Posted by reapsltd666 View Post
      The movie itself isn't entirely about LD'ing but it is a part of it. It's deeper than that, and I'll leave it at that because describing the movie with justice would take up a whole page plus. BTW can you believe this came from the Dazed and Confused guy. To quote a famous cool guy, "Alright alright alright." Both great movies from the same mind.
      I realize that there is more to the movie than just lucid dreaming, but if I had to describe it to a friend or something I would just say "it's about some dude trapped in a persistent lucid-dream state" or something. It seems like that was the main plot anyway.

That is interesting though that both of those movies where made by the same guy. Both movies were pretty enjoyable.
      Total Lucid Dreams:102(WILDs:83 DILDs:19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast