• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Once Upon a Midnight Dreary (DV version)

Happy Nightmares... Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      12/3/09

I had a five hour energy drink at about 5:30 yesterday, and I went to bed three and a half hours later. The side effects were... rather interesting. But at least it gave me some pretty cool dreams.

1- If the Phone Rings
      I am in some kind of store, and a cat is ceaselessly chasing a mouse/rat all over the place. It hades under my hand, but when I pick it up it starts biting me. It hurts very badly, so I put it back on the floor as gently as possible. Unfortunately, the cat leaps out at that very moment and kills it.

Later, I am inside a house that I apparently used to own. It is nighttime, and there is something there that I have to do. I start imagining what might happen to me if this were a dream. ((Someone, please slap me as hard as you can.)) I think it would be really freaky if someone called the (disconnected) house phone and said, "I'm in the house."

I go to the front door and see that I left it open. "Oh no," I said to myself, "any number of things could have gotten in here..." I am thinking along the lines of raccoons and squirrels, but it also occurs to me that a person could have gotten in as well. Then the phone rings. ((Okay, I deserve far worse than a slap for this...)) I know it is a bad idea, but I cross the room to the phone. Somehow I just KNOW that Krueger is going to be on the other end. Just before I pick it up, someone in dark robes bursts into the room and starts shooting at me. I scream and take cover, only to find that it is my idiot brother.

We somehow end up at my grandma's house, and she has just stocked up on food. She says she refuses to go to the grocery store again before she dies, so this food will have to last until then.

((There was really NO excuse whatsoever for not becoming lucid in that dream.))

2- The Phantom
      It's dark, and I'm trying to fight something. I turn into a creature called the Phantom, but I can't see very well, so I change back to my normal self and summan a winged person with "alabaster hair" to fly me to safety. ((His hair was red, but that's how I referred to him in the dream. Apparently I thought he was a character out of one of my books.))

Later, I am dancing with someone who looks like Hatter Madigan (from a book I'm reading.) There is no music, so he hums a tune from the movie "Coraline." Despite the weirdness, it is oddly romantic.
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic10998_6.gif
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room
      Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep? To the very toes he is terrified, Because the ground gives the way under him, And the dream begins... - Friedrich Nietzsche

Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      Wow. O_O I had an amazingly long lucid last night. And. . . Wow.

1- My Devilish Dream Guide
      I have had more than my fair share, but I grab some more of the treats and sneak them off to my room for later. I notice that it is getting dark, so I flip on my light. There is a brief pause, then the light flickers on for a moment and promptly dies. "Well, it blew." I turn to go find a new bulb when I decide to RC. "It is a dream sign, after all." And it. . . Passes? Wow, I don't even remember going to sleep. I instantly remember my mission to find Anne, so I walk outside. It is early morning; the sun is not yet over the horizon, so i give it a bit of help. (Which works a little too well, the sun flies across to the opposite horizon instead.) Oops.

I begin to call out Anne's name, when I notice some children playing across the street. They give me the creeps, but I approach them anyway. (A horrible sense of dread lurks in the air, but I do my best to ignore it.) "Hey, do you know anyone named Anne?" I ask the nearest child, a boy of about 9 or 10.

"No," he says.

The children are all really crazy, hiding from the "evil penguins that live in the forest." I hear something running through the woods, but I continue down the road, calling for Anne. "Anne, I know you can hear me! Anne!!!" The children are following, chattering quietly. A bunch of other people are following as well.

I turn around. "Okay, all dream characters leave! Now!!!" Several of them vanish, but the majority stay. I sigh in annoyance and keep walking.

We come to a place with a beautiful lake, sparkling in the sunlight. I put my hand in and it feels like real water. A forest is in front of us, and something is coming. My companions are afraid, and I am getting paranoid (something had apparently been stalking me through the woods the entire dream, starting with the "evil penguins") so we hurry back the way we came. The Strong Man is trying to hold onto me, but I break his grasp and take flight.

Some girl is now chasing me, jumping up and trying to pull me out of the air. She wants me to kill whatever is after us, but I have more important things to do. Somehow we are now in a building, and I have my back pressed to the ceiling to avoid her grasp. (Doorways are a problem, though.)

Eventually, I make it back to my house, a bit frustrated. I see a dog begin to approach me. "Stephanie?" I ask. It comes closer and I begin to pet it. "Speak," I say. The dog makes a few moaning noises. "Speak in ENGLISH. I don't understand dog."

The dog sighs and looks at me resentfully. "Very well." now I can see why it didn't want to talk. It's voice sounds like Alpha from Up.

It begins to recite a poem, which basically says that this dream is cursed because I know who my Dream Guide is and I refuse to accept it. That would explain the sense of dread the entire dream...

"You mean Leroy, don't you?" I ask, annoyed. The dog nods and walks off. After a moment, I sigh. "Wait! Leroy! Leroy!!! I'm sorry!!!"

Suddenly a man appears. He has long red horns coming out of his head and medium-length brown hair. He is dressed in the garments of a Dark King. "Leroy?" I ask, my eyes practically bugging out of my head. He was. . . hot. Incredibly hot.

"Yep. Miss me?"

"You look. . . different."

He explains the reason for the change, but I don't really remember it. (I was undoubtedly too busy staring at him.)

My worst fear has come true. And besides that, I think Leroy is the devil... I remember asking, the little mummy from so long ago, "How exactly did you become a charred corpse?" To which he replied, "My parents burned me." But regardless...
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room
      Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep? To the very toes he is terrified, Because the ground gives the way under him, And the dream begins... - Friedrich Nietzsche

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      Tried Really's Mp3 during WBTB last night. It worked very well; two lucids, plus being stuck in SP two or three times.

1- DC's Are Annoying
      I come out of SP, fully believing myself to be awake. My arm is out of the socket, and when I get out of bed it hangs painfully at my side. Unable to fix it, I RC and become lucid.

I want to find Leroy again, but I decide to try the task of the month instead. I walk into my back yard and start trying to summon Morpheus. Before I get a chance, though, a generic video game character resembling the ones from Mario appears and shoots me with a fire/water gun.

My arm is still really painful, and this annoys me. I angrily take the gun and shoot him with it, then ask if he can give me the red pill. He laughs and beckons me to follow him.

A fruity DC appears and starts trying to pull me back, pleading with me incoherently. (He looks like Balthezar from Constantine.) He is making the pain in my arm a lot worse.

2- Sleep Paralysis
      I am stuck in SP again, and I want to know if my arm is really out of the socket. Try as I might, I can't move at all. I manage to get my eyes open, though, and after a while I have control over my body once more.

My arm is still impaired, but I become
      lucid again and decide to ignore it. For a few moments, I amuse myself by seeing the odd changes in my clock everytime I glance away. First it says 3:35, then 7 something, and many other abrupt changes. Then I find my mom and ask if I can have the blue pill. She says no, claiming I'll get addicted to it. I ask about the red pill, but the scene changes abruptly and I wake up.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      12/23/09

1- I Love (Killing) Freddy
      The images spread across my vision: Krueger is coming to get me. Adrenaline courses through my veins, but I am not afraid. In fact, I am smiling. Just what I've been waiting for.

Worried that I might drain his energy, Krueger sends all manner of terrifying things at me, but I refuse to be played. "You're mine, Krueger," I whisper, sending his haunts right back at him.

Will he ever learn?

((Note: This was an accidental WILD.))

2- Lovely Lucidity
      Due to the gravity of what has happened, I become lucid. "This is a dream!" I cry out in relief, no longer worried. When I show off my flying abilities to Artemis, she tells me to fly to the very top of a tree and observe the view. I do this, and a feeling of euphoria sweeps over me, so powerful that I am awakened.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class

LD Count
      GMT -4
      DJ Entries
      You found your dream guide That's Awesome! you'll master special techniques and other stuff with his help , heh , and yes demons are cool!
      Are you dreaming?

Lucid Goals

Astral Proyection [ ]

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by mowglycdb View Post
      You found your dream guide That's Awesome! you'll master special techniques and other stuff with his help , heh , and yes demons are cool!
      Hopefully. I've had many encounters with Leroy in the past, and he's not very... pleasant. I guess you'd say we have a love/hate relationship. But I suppose fear is a good method of teaching.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      1/1/10

1- Fangoria
      Vampires have taken over Barnes and Noble, and as a slayer it is my duty to dispose of them. Their hoarde is located in a secret underground room, which is guarded by enslaved humans and a group of vampires known as Moon Guards. Most of the humans in the store are unawar of all this, and if any of them wander too close then the Moon Guards will capture them.

My Master distracts the Moon Guards, and the humans allow me to enter. I head straight to the armory to upgrade my weapons. While I am looking at swords and battle axes, the leader of the vampires, Victor, arrives with his daughter. We have a long talk, but despite an almost friendship we cannot come to a compromise.

The battle cominces. Victor attacks first, and I start chopping at him with a razor sharp hachet. It embeds deep into his neck, coming free of my grip. I switch my sword to my right hand, slicing through a bookshelf to show its power. While Victor recovers, his daughter stabs a dagger into my arm. Ignoring the pain, I attack her with daggers of my own, then impale her through the heart with my sword. She falls to the floor, blood pouring from her mouth.

Victor lets out a howl of misery and lunges at me, but I throw up my sword just in time. He has now suffered the same fate as his daughter. I begin to cry, grieved that it came to this. I hadn't wanted to kill them, but they gave me no choice.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      1/9/10
      1- A Losing Battle
      My friend and I are trying to rid a possessed house of great evil. We have assembled a pile of important items that must be disposed of in order to complete this task. After stabbing them with a sword, we decide to burn them. Suddenly Freddy appears, looking malicious. "Krueger," I growl angrily. "Why am I not surprised that you're the one behind this?" He grins evilly and attacks without warning. A long battle ensues. I tackle him to the ground and... for some odd reason... kiss him. (I think I did this to prove I was unafraid.) He begins to choke me to death, and I slowly die.

I wake up as a ghost, furious that Krueger was able to kill me. I must have revenge... Someone gives me a manual that explains how to "live" as a ghost. "A problem that many new ghosts have is coming to terms with the fact that they are dead." It goes on to state that a good way to solve this is to re-enact your death. It shows pictures of a kid who died in a snowboarding accident revisting the circumstances that led to his death.

I travel back to the house where I died and am pulled into the memory, reliving the moment. Once it is over, I feel my powers increasing. I return home, and learn that live people can see me if I allow them to. I am amused to find that my brother and Cheyenne have fallen in love.

I am practicing my skills as a ghost so that I can defeat Krueger if I find him again. Somehow I come across Robert England, but my battle is not with him.

Finally the day arrives, and I once again meet Freddy face to face. The only problem is that we are both immortal, so neither one of us can win. Our battle ends in a stalemate.

Okay, now I'm mad. He must die!
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      1/13/10

I had amazing dreams last night. They were all so much fun, and by the time I woke up I felt as if I had actually been battling/running for my life instead of sleeping.

1- Shocking Conclusions
      I am a detective, trying to find a viscious murderer. Taylor is my partner, and her twin sister is a cop who is competing with us (amicably). After losing a lead, Taylor and I head back to our temporary residence in order to get some rest. Upon entering, we hear loud noises in the back. "Someone's here," Taylor whispers. A large man suddenly bursts into the room.

"Who the h*** are you?" I exclaim, subtly scanning the room for a weapon. He pulls out a tazer gun which shoots out what appear to be electrically enhanced miniature harpoons. I realize that he must be the killer. "You son of a b****!" He shoots my leg, but I ignore the pain and the weird electric shocks and run to find a weapon. He shoots me several more times as I search. One of them goes through my tongue. I pull out the harpoons and throw them at him, impaling him several times. I manage to get the gun away and I shoot him, but the electric shocks do pretty much nothing. Not that I'm surprised. If they didn't affect me, I wouldn't expect them to hurt someone twice my size. He laughs, thinking he's won.

Suddenly Taylor and her twin come to my rescue, helping me to incapacitate him.

2- They Rose from the Deep
      A cop is trying to arrest my brother and I, but we have been working under cover and have done nothing wrong. I ask what she is arresting us for, and she says for the mass murder of close to a hundred innocents. I tell her that we had already captured the guy who did that. Then I notice that under her gloves, one of her fingers is glowing. I remember that a diabetic woman from earlier in the dream had a glowing finger, and I realize that she must be the criminal we're after.

I rip her glove off and am shocked to see that in place of fingers, she has insulin needles. She jabs them into her arm, then begins slashing at me. I rip her arm off and impale her. Supposedly she is a dryad, but she now takes on the appearance of an undead mermaid.

A chase ensues. (An incredibly LONG chase.) After nearly losing her in a forest, I fly to a tree in the middle of a lake. Suddenly she calls forth her kindred. Thousands of undead mermaids rise from the lake, attempting to drag me under as I fly to the other side. Somehow I manage to get away, and after a LOT of hard work (seemingly hours), I am able to get rid of them for good.

I am now in my back yard again. I do a reality check for good measure, but I know it would be stupid to NOT realize I was dreaming after such events. Now would be a perfect opportunity to search for Leroy...

I pass by three dogs relaxing in lawn chairs, talking to one another. The scene strikes me as funny, and I wish I had a camera which could transfer these images to real life. One of the dogs becomes a human child, a young girl. I head off to find Leroy, and I notice that those creepy kids from my previous dream about him are still across the street. I decide to pay them a visit. The dog-girl follows.

I go to the leader and make a comment about their club house being in a different area. He says in a creepy, emotionless voice, "This is the place where we play at." His voice sounds like one of those kids from Nightmare on Elm Street. Unfazed, I ask if they ever solved their evil penguin problem.

On cue, about a dozen robotic penguins swarm out of the forest and begin attacking us. I borrow some weapons from the kids and help fight. After a fairly short battle, we manage to kill all of the enemies. I punt one of the metallic corpses off into the woods.

The little girl who followed me is really freaked out, and wants to go home. I offer to take her, but
      my alarm goes off and I wake up.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      2/10/10

1- The Zombie Dance
      I become lucid while shooting jets of water out of my fingertips, and immediately remember my task. I MUST speak with Leroy. He's being an @$$ as usual, ignoring me when I call out his name. "I KNOW you can hear me!" I call out in frustration. Still no sign of him. Annoyed, I go outside in hopes of finding those creepy kids again. Maybe they'll be of some help this time, sice I eliminated their penguin problem. When I get to the road, I see that they are no longer in their usual spots. I do, however, spot two figures walking away from me, to the west. Quickly I catch up with them.

The first one is my lab partner from Chemistry. The other, while physically unfamiliar, seems...

"Who's your friend?" I ask my lab partner, though I'm fairly sure...

"I thought you knew him. This is Le----"

"Leroy!" I exclaim, with more delight in my voice than I had intended. "You look different again. Like a street punk." (Still hot as ever, though...)

He greets me in some kind of weird slang, making fun of my observation.

They begin walking quickly, so I latch myself onto Leroy's arm in order to not get left behind. "Wait, I have a lot of questions---" We suddenly make it to the graveyard, and I am startled to see that there are zombies everywhere.

"Welcome to The Dungeon," Leroy tells me with an evil grin. I just know he's going to leave me here to fight the zombies all by myself.

Because I'm clinging to Leroy's arm so tightly, my lab partner assumes that I'm afraid of the zombies. He's partly right; an aura of fear is coming from the zombies, and it radiates from Leroy as well. I'm terrified of them both, but it's easy to ignore. My real fear is that Leroy is going to leave me again. He STILL hasn't answered any of my questions!

I can tell he is about to go, so I act without thinking. I tackle him to the ground, and we begin fighting again. As usual.
      This forces me into a false awakening, ending the dream.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      Back, after a VERY extended absence. Hopefully I'll be coming here more often. (And WOW, the place has changed!)

5/10/10

1- Blood, Gore, and the Dinosaur
      The dream begins at a church, where I am attending the funeral of someone I don't know with my family. One of the ladies is supposed to sing a solo in honor of the deceased, but the people in charge of the music accidentally play a really joyful, upbeat song which makes everybody laugh and ruins the melancholy mood.

I find a lot of money in the pew, which leads me to believe I may be dreaming. Although my nose-pinch reality check fails, I still have my suspicions...

Later, I go to the bathroom and start coughing up blood. It's not coming from my lungs, though; it's more like a reverse nose bleed. I'm beginning to fear that I'll drown, because there's just SO MUCH of it. (And let me tell you, it looked, felt, and tasted completely real.) Alarmed, I leave the bathroom to tell my parents... only to discover that I'm completely naked. "Okay, I HAVE to be dreaming," I say to myself and do another RC.
      This time it works, and I am officially lucid.

I immediately remember that I MUST speak with Leroy, so I try to summon him. Instead, I am greeted by a Lady who is dressed in White. She tells me that she's wounded, and that I need to kill the creature that's chasing her while she heals herself. I try to explain that I don't have the time, that I'm looking for someone important. Apparently I don't have an option. The creature chooses that moment to burst into the room and start attacking us. Weaponless, I am barely able to defend myself as the Lady bolts from the room, telling me to let her know when it was dead.

This is not an easy beast to slay. Our battle carries over outside, where the Lady is watching. She is "encouraging" me to kill it, asserting that she hasn't much time to waste. Finally, I grow spikes from my shoes and stomp on the creature again and again, grinding my heal and mutilating it beyond repair. It's still making noises, though, which worries me.

"Is it really dead?" I ask the Lady anxiously.

"It doesn't matter, we have to keep going."

"You don't understand. I can't help you anymore, I have to look for Leroy."

"Leroy..." she murmurs vaguely, "I think I know him."

I ask if she can help me find him, but she insists that she has to overcome everything that's after her in order to become immortal. Just then, we encounter one of these "things" and are forced to fight again. This time she's a bit more help, although now I have no real memory of the incident.

Afterwards, I am now armed with a butcher knife (the square-ish kind) as we take shelter in a rotting tree house. The walls are set up to only be high enough to prevent you from falling out, so there's about four feet of space between the walls and the roof. I am about to ask her what we have to fight next, when I see a HUGE T-Rex charging straight towards us.

"You've got to be joking! How the hell do you expect me to fight a dinosaur!?" I obviously have no other choice, however. As the T-Rex (who, according to my "comrade," is named Leo) growls loudly and says something in a deep, angry voice about how us "cave people" took over the world. Resigning myself to the fact that I'd have to fight to live, I quickly rush the dino and slash at him with my knife. His tough hide prevents any damage from being done. Leo slashes my arm open, and I am forced to back up against the opposite wall.

I begin kicking the walls out to secure an escape route if the situation called for it, though I don't plan on retreating. I cannot describe how intense this situation is at the time; it lasts for quite a while, and I am cursing up a storm as I attempt to fight this gargantuan lizard. My companion temporarily dies at one point, leaving me to fend for myself. (Not that she was much help in the first place.)

Somewhere along the line, the dinosaur is replaced by a crazy lady who, of course, is bent on killing me. For the moment, however, she is forcing me to dance with her as she describes in vivid detail how she's going to kill me. (We're in a kitchen, though I don't remember how we got there.) As we dance close to the counter, I attempt to grab a knife behind her back... but miss and get a fork instead. On my second try, I succeed in acquiring the knife, but she notices and throws me backwards. Fed up, I charge toward her and stab her repeatedly (and somewhat psychotically) in the stomach until she dies.

Her blood is really warm, almost hot, and my hands are slick with it. The Lady in White comes back as I am attempting to clean up the crimson mess. "Good job," she tells me. After I get all the blood off my hands, I brandish my knife and manage to transform it into a razor sharp sword. I slash through the air a few times to test it, then turn to the Lady.

"Are we done yet?" I ask her.

"Not quite. First we have to make it through the Zombie Apocalypse."

"WHAT!? How long is THAT going to take?"

"Only about three hours."

"Three hours! I just fought a dinosaur! Can't I rest first?" That question is answered by the sound of approaching zombies. Cursing, I quickly follow the Lady into a creepy looking abandoned building, but
      the dream ends before I can fight anything else.

5/11/10

1- Gary (fragment)
      Somehow a naked picture of Gary from Pokemon has found it's way onto my laptop, and no matter what I do I cannot get rid of it. I am commenting to someone that it's not even a good picture of him. ((Weird, considering that not only has it been ages since I've seen Pokemon, but I never liked Gary in the first place.))

2- The Evil Virus of Doom
      I am in Chemistry class with a bunch of raucous, misbehaving students. Our teacher has left the room for some reason. Several of my classmates run out into the hallway, because it is rumored that one of the students in another classroom is suffering from a horrible skin condition (or some similar ailment) and they want to check it out.

When the teacher returns, all of the students have made it back except for one. The teacher yells at him furiously, nearly bringing him to tears.

Later, a deadly computer virus is going around, and I am desperately trying to keep my laptop away from all of the infected computers. The virus is after people as well. One of my friends lays down across a bed in some hotel, and a little mechanical voodoo doll walks out from the headboard and stabs her in the head with a needle, infecting her. Alarmed, I pick up my laptop and keep away from the walls as I hurriedly exit the room to get help.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      5/15/10
      1- Big Sister
      There is an excellent lunch at school, and the longer I stand in line, the bigger the variety. I end up with a huge plateful of food, and the lunch ladies are looking at me skeptically, as if thinking, "She'll never be able to eat all of that."

I sit down with my friends and my younger brother. I notice that the only thing he has on his plate is a mountain of rice. The rice looks terrible, too; It has the consistency of rubber and appears to be all stuck together. I tell him to go complain about it and get some more food, but he refuses. Annoyed, I end up giving him some of my own food instead.

2- Narration
      In the back yard, a narrator is reciting a stupid sounding poem. First he says something about Santa Claus, and a very distorted Santa pops out of nowhere and laughs at me. Next, the narrator describes a very strange creature which begins walking toward me. He says it has "the body of a human, the head of a stag, and the rump of a horse." As he says the last part, the creature thrusts its butt into the air for emphasis. The poem is wrong, though. The thing has the body of a horse, and the legs and torso of a human. (And it's wearing blue jeans.) It's headless at first, then it randomly sprouts the head of a huge bull.

Suddenly, the narrator pops into existence and begins throwing baseballs at me and my mom. I take cover inside.

3- Altered Lucidity
      Some stuff happened before this that I can't remember. I am now standing in the road with a dog on a leash. Some people have been after us, but right now we are in the clear. I ask the dog, "What do we do now?" He tells me that he will contact his partner and find out where we should go. As he starts to howl, the scene switches to his partner many miles away. She is listening intently with a group of farm animals.

She howls back, and I understand that we are to meet her at the "PeeWee Soccer Tournament." I tell the dog that we should hurry. He begins sniffing around, trying to get his bearings, but finally admits that he has no idea where it is.

Suddenly, a police car speeds past us, followed by a black car. Before we have time to hide, a girl jumps out of the car and begins to chase us. I let the dog off the leash and tell him I'll meet him at the tournament. He reluctantly runs off. As the girl chases me into a very dense forest, I am now somewhat lucid. It is obviously a very low level of lucidity, because I erroneously believe I've been lucid the whole dream. In my head, I begin to narrate everything I am doing with the intent of using the words later when I write the dream down.

As I near the edge of the beautiful spance of forest, I run into two werewolves who mistake me for their father. I can see the soccer stadium ahead. "The last time I had this dream, vampires ran the stadium." ((I've never had this dream before.))
      I make it to the stadium, despite being swarmed by security. No longer lucid, I begin to read through this scrapbook. Inside, there is some very cool, creepy artwork, along with some journal entries. The entries tell about this man who was suffering from terrible nightmares, and even though he was lucid he could not overcome the terrible haunts that inspired his artwork.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      1- Screw Up
      My mom has just come back from a date with Christopher, and I can tell they have been fighting. "What happened?" I ask her. She tearfully explains that Christopher was going to divorce her. Apparently she had run into her ex-boyfriend named Mitchell (who never existed IRL, but I found out that her first husband's real name was Mitchell after I told her about this dream) and had sex with him in the bathroom of the restraunt. She says she didn't think Christopher would mind.

"Well of course he'd mind! You CHEATED on him, idiot."

Christopher gives me a baby penguin as a parting gift, and I spend the rest of the dream trying to make a little cage for it. It dies at one point, but I manage to bring it back to life.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      Poor recall again, but I think I've figured out what the problems are. I did remember a few dreams... They were really boring, though, and I don't want to post them in this journal.

Instead, I am going to use this post to create an updated list of my dream signs. I've already gone back through this page and marked my DS's, which I have been neglecting to do for a while.

Hazel's Dream Signs
      1. Tornadoes
      2. Talking animals
      3. Cats in general
      4. Conversations relating to dreams
      5. Lost in school/didn't do homework/can't find locker, etc.
      6. Unusual birds
      7. Finding money/other valuables
      8. Family members/pets dying/other devastating events
      9. Fantasy beings, particularly werewolves and vampires
      10. Things trying to kill me or vise versa
      11. Unusually good school meals (surprisingly, I dream about this quite often)
      12. Teeth falling out/no clothes on (and other "universal" dream signs)
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

Adversary Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Somewhere along the line, the dinosaur is replaced by a crazy lady who, of course, is bent on killing me.
      Of course.

Suddenly, the narrator pops into existence and begins throwing baseballs at me and my mom. I take cover inside.
      Is it just me, or does any DC acting as the Narrator turn out to be profoundly unhelpful?

Cool dreams. And appropriately creepy avatar, I might add.
      Hazel likes this.

I pick up a half-eaten copy of a book by Neil Gaiman, and decide this is all his fault.

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Samael View Post
      Is it just me, or does any DC acting as the Narrator turn out to be profoundly unhelpful?
      The majority of my DCs are unhelpful anyway.

Cool dreams. And appropriately creepy avatar, I might add.
      Thanks. ^^ You'll find that I have an unusual fascination with creepy things.

5/19/10
      Tried my old self-hypnosis technique last night (which I did not realize was hypnosis until quite recently) and was fairly successful. No completed goals, but at least I was lucid.

1- Cyclop Seduction
      I do not remember what made me lucid, but I suddenly sense a dangerous presence coming toward me. I hide in a dark corner of the cave, waiting in silence. After a few moments, a cyclops strides into the room and spots me instantly. "You can't hurt me," I taunt him, "because this is MY dream."

"Oh yeah? We'll see about THAT." Without warning, he slaps me roughly in the face. The impact nearly knocks me off my feet, but there is no pain since I had steeled myself against it without much thought.

"That didn't hurt!" I laugh at him, and he angrily pins me against the wall of the cave. Before he tries to hurt me again, I lean forward and kiss him. (He wasn't bad-looking, to be a cyclops.) His eye widens in surprise, and he looks completely baffled.

He no longer wants to hurt me, which had been my intention, but now it looks as if he is in love with me.

2- In Which Things Are Confusing
      I "wake up" from the previous dream into a different dream reality. Apparently I am in college, living in a dorm with my roommate, and I have a boyfriend who lives nearby. I want to go spend the rest of the night with him, but he has some friends over who creep me out.

My roommate has what she calls an "Amazonian spider." It looks like a giant jumping spider to me, and a really cute one. I LOVE her eyes... The problem is, she wants to keep pouncing on my feet like a playful kitten, and I am somewhat worried what might happen if a spider of that size bites me. "Don't worry about her," my roommate tells me. "She does that to me, too."

There is something wrong with my ear, and in the mirror I can see really deep inside it. It's like a tunnel, leading through my head at an impossible distance. There are all kinds of things inside it, such as marbles. Alarmed, I tilt my head to the side and it all rolls out. When I look back in the mirror, I see a cave-like room in my ear that is lit by a soft purple light.
      Becoming lucid, I teleport into the room. I begin to explore: there is a bridge in the center of the room that crosses over a small square pond. I pass by a television set, and something begins attacking me, but I have no memory of the incident.

3- Samantha (fragment)
      Samantha asks me if I'm a lesbian.

"No," I tell her, somewhat insulted.

"Darn. I always like to keep at least one lesbian in our group."

4- The Pencil Thief
      Shelby steals my only pencil and refuses to give it back. She says she needs it to work on her English paper. After the bell rings, Dylan is going to present some kind of project. He turns the lights out, since it is a video, and I gleefully realize that it is too dark for Shelbi to see to write. Ha.

Dylan's video contains some scenes of evil looking dolls walking around. Due to my obsession with creepy dolls, I am extremely fascinated.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      5/20/10

1- Killer Elephants
      My teacher brings her three-year-old daughter to school because she's sick. I am charged with babysitting duty. I ask the girl, "So you're not feeling good today?"

"No. Mommy took me to the doctor and they made me drink castoria." She makes a face.

"What flavor?"

"Root beer." She pronounces her r's more like w's, which makes me smile.

"But that's the best tasting medicine there is."

She sticks her tongue out at me, and I make a silly face in return.

The scene switches to a small raptor type dinosaur sneaking into a herd of elephants. He uses some kind of enchantment to possess them. All the elephants now have an unsatiable craving for meat. Human meat, to be precise. I am viewing this from the body of one of the older elephants, and I seem to have forgotten how to properly operate my trunk.

The scene changes again, back to me in my normal body, now in my grandparent's house. Time has passed. The elephants have eaten all of my family, and the little girl as well.
      I know I'm dreaming, though, so this does not concern me. I am vaguely worried, because the leader of the killer elephants is patrolling around the house. The ground vibrates with each step it takes. It knows I'm here.

I make an attempt to escape without being seen, but suddenly the elephant is trying to burst through the house. It actually manages to fit it's head and a leg through the window, but can't get in any further. I realize it will break the house to get to me. "At least it's not a T-Rex," I say to myself, but I have more important things to be worrying about than fighting an elephant.

I decide to WILD in the dream which I hope will fix the problem. All it does
      is cause me to enter a non-lucid about a pizza commercial.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

Adversary Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      I have more important things to be worrying about than fighting an elephant.
      Yes, I have more important things to do than deal with the creature trying to kill me.

I pick up a half-eaten copy of a book by Neil Gaiman, and decide this is all his fault.

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Samael View Post
      Yes, I have more important things to do than deal with the creature trying to kill me.
      Such as getting revenge against a certain leprechaun.

5/21/10

1- Fear the Blade
      I am facing an unremembered foe, weaponless. I become lucid with the realization that I have access to the best weapon there is: The Deathcat. (IRL I've been creating different forms that I can become when lucid. The Royal Assassin is one of those forms, and my weapon is a sword called The Deathcat.) I draw my blade and finish off my opponent. I then look in the mirror and see that my robe is solid black, rather than red and black as I had imagined it.

2- Another Forgotten Past
      Apparently I used to be a teacher, but I am having problems remembering it. I am really confused, and very close to lucidity. I meet some friends in a forest, which seems to be infected with dark energy. I am a witch in the dream; I use my powers to absorb the energy into my hand. It works, for a while. But the energy is strong, and it inevitably escapes back into the forest.
      Samael likes this.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

Adversary Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      (IRL I've been creating different forms that I can become when lucid. The Royal Assassin is one of those forms, and my weapon is a sword called The Deathcat.)
      Sweet! I've been doing the same thing with a few differrent settings, but your character sounds awesome.

I then look in the mirror and see that my robe is solid black, rather than red and black as I had imagined it.
      The details always change on you, I think. Oddly, sometimes I end up with way more detail than I'd even imagined.

Cool dreams! Manipulating energy usually yields interesting results.

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      I'm coming down with a cold or something, and it had a direct effect on my recall. Grrr... The only dreams I remembered were the kind I'd rather forget.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      5/23/10

1- Fantastical Endeavors
      We are in a cliche fantasy world. I am the enchantress of the group, a pale girl with red hair. (I know because it kept switching from first to third person.) My team and I are running for our live from a tribe of enemy warriors. We are taking obscure woodland paths, hoping to confuse them. After a lot of intense running (during which I am lucid on and off) an old military type man gives us directions. He tells us we must go to our home to defend our kin against the oncoming invasion. As my character leads her elf companions over an old, abandoned railroad station, (*switch to third person*) she suddenly yells that she is switching sides and runs off, just as the enemy arrives.

I hear the wounded thoughts of the elves as they fight, totally baffled at their friend's betrayal.

(*switch to first person*) I am back in my character, running from the Hawk Lady. She is on the side of my previous team, acting as a sort of forest ranger. She has the eyes of a hawk, and is therefore able to turn into one. As I run from her, I completely abandon the idea of paths and run directly through a wall of briers. Ouch. But my plan is a success! I can hear her confused thoughts, wondering how I knew that this would be her weakness. Apparently hawks cannot navigate uniform landscapes, such as this wide expanse of briers.

I make my escape and enter a little country store. There, I talk two elves into helping me. I was just pretending to be a traitor, after all. I had learned some valuable information that had made my lie necessary.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

Adversary Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      I'm coming down with a cold or something, and it had a direct effect on my recall. Grrr... The only dreams I remembered were the kind I'd rather forget.
      I know! Grr. And of course, as soon as you take cold medication, it get's even worse.

Cliche fantasy worlds FTW! And it's always cool hearing the thoughts of DCs and knowing how the plot's going to go.

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      I know! Grr. And of course, as soon as you take cold medication, it get's even worse.
      Which is why I refuse to take medication.

Today marks my third year anniversary of lucid dreaming!

1- Asteroid
      I am with some kind of mafia, and as I gaze up at the night sky I notice several shooting stars. In a lucid moment, I realize that my pondering will cause a disaster if I'm not careful. Sure enough, a huge asteroid falls and lads nearby, but I ignore it so as to escape injury.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      5/26/10

1- WILD Magical Failure
      ((I wake up IRL and turn my music off. I was stuck in permanent HI about vampires singing songs to me, and it wasn't getting me anywhere. I lay on my back, but due to my cold I feel that I am too stuffed up to even attempt to WILD. I roll over on my left side, but after a while of not getting to sleep I roll over on my back again. Soon I am entering SP and...)

...My eyes open. Did it work? My right arm is over my head and feels very numb, as if it's been in that position for too long. I use my left hand to pick it up, and it flops painfully into my lap. Rolling my eyes, I use my left hand to RC. Success! I'm dreaming!

I get up and go over to the window. Darkness. A perfect time to try out my sun rising spell... If only I could remember what it was. After a bit of consideration, I decide that it must be solo. ((Wrong. That's my light spell...)) I cast the spell, but the sky only takes on a faint glow. No sun. ((Interesting how the spell did what it was supposed to do, rather than what I THOUGHT it was supposed to do.)) Fine. I'll just go outside and use telekinesis on it. I also think about summoning enemies to try out some of my more dangerous spells.

Suddenly a feeling of fear comes over me, and I look around hopefully. "Leroy." I call out before I can stop myself. No. I'm not supposed to obsess over him anymore. He can come to me if he wants, but I told myself I wouldn't call to him. Sighing, I walk to the doorway, then stop. I think maybe I should stabilize the dream. I rub my hands together, but I still feel the dream slipping... I try dream spinning and
      ... everything after that is lost.

2- Guardian
      I am some kind of "guardian" to the school. (Like a prefect or something.) Two of my classmates escape from the room and go off to cause trouble. My teacher says they are going to the gym, and that I need to bring them back here immediately. On my way to the gym, a little girl who often stays at the school begins to follow me through the hallways. I feel sorry for her, since she is neglected, and I find that I greatly enjoy her company. I start teaching her about my job as guardian.

At the gym, I round up the escaped students and take them back to class.

Later, I am at a faculty lunch, asking the little girl's councilor if it would be possible for me to adopt her. I look up, and am struck with sudden panic when I notice that the girl is missing. It doesn't go away until I locate her under the table. Geez, it's like she's my own child...
      Samael likes this.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast