• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Stimulating the pineal gland

Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      Deeply immersed in the present moment

Stimulating the pineal gland

Anyone know the chill that runs down the spine, when you watch or good movie or hear a good song, or sometimes it happens in social situations.

This chill is an EM-light wave that travels down the spine. The chill comes from the pineal gland. If you didn't know, the pineal gland is responsible for dreams and supposedly other supernatural phenomenon.

One guy claims he even repaired nerve damage by inducing this chill for a few months.

Scroll down to Addendum:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...a_thirdeye.htm

I've been searching for a scientific explanation for this chill, and I can't find anything. Scientists don't know what it is. The only explanation i get for is simply...love. Love is that Em-light wave...I know it sounds corny, but hey..it makes sense. It explains a whole lot.

Some people can induce these chills naturally. I thought everyone could do this, but I guess not.

I've done this a few times, inducing that chill willingly and holding/focusing on it for a while when laying down, and i actually get this vibration in my head, like in the middle, where the pineal gland is. Like it's resonating or something.

By doing this and combining it with visualization, it's possible to be pulled into a lucid dream far quicker than any other technique. Takes a considerate amount of concentration though. I'll try it again tonight and try combing it with visualization, I've never done it with visualization so something might happen.

http://www.bridgeofstars.co.uk/pineal-gland.htm
      Last edited by Majestic; 07-13-2009 at 01:38 AM.
      <Link Removed> - My website/tumblelog

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

Victoria B.C. Canada
      What about the one when you enter a room and all of a sudden your frequency changes in your ears, your brain feels like it's got stars above it, your eyes feel as if they just finished having an orgasm that wore them out, and you feel light headed? sometimes i enter a room and get this, sometimes i get chills.

LD Count
      DILD-18;WILD-0
      Oregon
      Hey I could induce a chill ever since I was, like 10! Would this have to be combined with a WILD?

Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      Quote Originally Posted by lucidwannabe50 View Post
      Hey I could induce a chill ever since I was, like 10! Would this have to be combined with a WILD?
      Yea I've been able to induce this chill ever since I was small also, I really thought everyone could do it.

I don't think you have to do any sort of technique to be pulled into a lucid dream if you can induce this chill. You simply induce the chill, hold it/focus it(during exhale AND inhale ), and visualize. By visualize i mean use all as many sense as you can. If you want to shoot a gun, you actually feel the the gun, look at the shining metal on it, hear the loud shot, feel the kickback. Imagine it as real as you can, and your brain will make it fully real for you.

Mystics have been saying this for so long. Visualize and think about it and it will manifest into dreams AND waking life. Anything you can imagine is possible, the more intent you put into it.
      Last edited by Majestic; 07-13-2009 at 01:11 AM.
      Kaomea likes this.

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

:3 :3 :3
      Castaic, CA
      WOAH
      i thought everyone could indice those
      i feel somewhat special
      :3 :3 :3
      AIM: hollingsXD
      MODEST MOUSE <3
      Fell free to laugh about my music taste lol

Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      Quote Originally Posted by Hollings View Post
      WOAH
      i thought everyone could indice those
      i feel somewhat special

I think EVERYONE can do it, but it would take them practice to turn their awareness inside of their own head..there's meditating techniques to achieve this though.

Also Fluoride calcifies the pineal gland.

http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/pineal/

Also, it's been said that our water has been fluoridate, for obvious reasons. This is probably why it takes an effort to remember dreams nowadays.
      Last edited by Majestic; 07-13-2009 at 01:51 AM.

ok well i can induce chills
      but all i do is visualize i am eating a popcical and touch it to my teeth.
      is that the same thing?

Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      Quote Originally Posted by lucidj View Post
      ok well i can induce chills
      but all i do is visualize i am eating a popcical and touch it to my teeth.
      is that the same thing?
      induce the chill while your laying down with eyes closed, when you inhale make sure you don't let go, keep the awareness on that center point in the head. This may take a couple times to get it right, because your probally used to inducing it during exhale or while holding your breath for a moment.

The longer you do this, you will notice a sort of oscillation in your head, like something is vibrating..it will be like a pressure, a tingling.

Keep focus, if you decide to count, on each new double number, induce the chill harder, breathe slow and easy. By inducing the chill harder while relaxed, I'm guessing it will oscillate/resonate even more. When you feel the vibration, if you want to eat a popsicle, imagine it, visualize it, see the Popsicle, imagine what color it is, imagine how it tastes, the stick in your hand..uh..:p...yea lol.

This is how you reach altered states of consciousness, by raising your vibration. It probably happens each night as you go to sleep but you just aren't aware of it.

It's important that you don't think too much while doing this, keep your mind quiet. But this should be easy because your already focused on holding it.

the pale blue dot
      Sry but "inducing the chill" sounds a bit vague to me, whats the routine you go through to do this.
      Thus the aesthetically sensitive man stands in the same relation to the reality of dreams as the philosopher does to the reality of existence; he is a close and willing observer, for those images afford him an interpretation of life, and by reflecting on these processes he trains himself for life. - Nietzsche

Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      Quote Originally Posted by beautifulwoodenlegs View Post
      Sry but "inducing the chill" sounds a bit vague to me, whats the routine you go through to do this.
      it's not a routine, it's like flexing a muscle in your head, that will send waves of what feels like electricity, or a surge through your body.

It seems like it's a prerequisite to OBE's/Astral Projection/Lucid Dreams.

Some people can't do this, and just have to meditate and focus on the "third eye" or pineal gland to have their awareness turned onto it.

Im kinda on the same page as beautifulwoodenlegs. I dont know if I can induce it. I definitely feel it often. Im very sensitive to touch, like fingernails on chalk, but im not sure thats the same thing, or is it? When I listen to a certain passionate or emotional song, unbelievable chills go down my spine sometimes even making my eyes water. When I imagine a certain thing a chill goes down my spine. I have to be in a certain mood. If im thinking really deep, I can imagine myself playing guitar in front of millions, or being with the girl i like, and i can get the chill. Is that what you mean by inducing it?

Right now i just got chills at this thread, and because im excited to try to ld tonight .

Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
      Im kinda on the same page as beautifulwoodenlegs. I dont know if I can induce it. I definitely feel it often. Im very sensitive to touch, like fingernails on chalk, but im not sure thats the same thing, or is it? When I listen to a certain passionate or emotional song, unbelievable chills go down my spine sometimes even making my eyes water. When I imagine a certain thing a chill goes down my spine. I have to be in a certain mood. If im thinking really deep, I can imagine myself playing guitar in front of millions, or being with the girl i like, and i can get the chill. Is that what you mean by inducing it?

Right now i just got chills at this thread, and because im excited to try to ld tonight .
      Well based on what you said, it'd make more sense then that the electric wave is actually emotions, strong emotions rather than just love. Which is probably why they call it the emotional body. Maybe this "surge" is the emotional body trying to escape the pineal gland.
      Last edited by Majestic; 07-13-2009 at 06:23 AM.

I suppose its just any really strong emotion. If I think of something I love to do I get the chill. So in a way i can induce it, just not with a muscle kind of thing, but with imagery. I dont get chills when I think of an angry thought though. Its a loving, passionate emotional thing.
      Kaomea likes this.

Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
      I suppose its just any really strong emotion. If I think of something I love to do I get the chill. So in a way i can induce it, just not with a muscle kind of thing, but with imagery. I dont get chills when I think of an angry thought though. Its a loving, passionate emotional thing.
      The way to stimulate the pineal gland is through visualization and relaxation, which I posted on how earlier in the thread. It's just that us people who can induce it willingly have sort of an advantage I'm guessing. If you can't induce this surge willingly, you'll just have to meditate or lie down and visualize and relax.

There are studies that say the pineal gland exibits piezoelectricity ( generating electricity ). Which starts to open up some interesting questions. It's only a matter of time.

http://www.starweave.com/pinealsummary/

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=c...ic&hl=en&gl=us

I also found this ..interesting

The Pineal Gland is found to have piezoelectric calcite crystals which act like transmitters or recievers to channel light or information coming through in waves from the centre of the galaxy or any other resonating transdimensional entities. What may seem as an unusual tickling sensation at the frontal lobe is simply the activation of the Ajna Chakra or the Pineal Gland. We are evolving into multi-sensory entities, beginning to see beyond the limiting 5 senses and awakening our 6th sense, the all seeing mind's eye
      Last edited by Majestic; 07-13-2009 at 06:56 AM.

Lurker
      Hah, this has a name? Awesome.

I honestly wasn't sure if I was crazy for 'inducing the chill', or if everyone could do it, or what. It's a difficult sensation to explain.

It is exactly like "flexing a muscle in your head". That's a pretty fantastic way to explain it.

Extra-tired Rippy has no further contribution to this thread. >> -collapse-

Aware Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Plymouth, Minnesota
      There are studies that say the pineal gland exibits piezoelectricity ( generating electricity ). Which starts to open up some interesting questions. It's only a matter of time.
      I find crossing my eyes excites the pineal gland aka third eye chakra. if you slowly cross your eyes, just enough to feel tension on your pineal w/o giving you a headache (which will pass when your mind relaxes) then you can focus on it better whilst visualizing it. if you sit or lay and meditate and focus only on your pineal you will eventually be pulled upwards until your whole body is tense and damn near feels ready to lift off the ground. it usually takes a good 20 - 45 atleast to become "full" of energy.

this induces a different state of mind than lucid dreaming, its a focused awareness, where your brainwaves are relaxed yet focused at the same time (signified by strong delta and gamma function) whereas lucid dreaming is more of a theta function. thought id share this from my experience (a couple years LDing, meditation and brainwave entrainment everyday) cause it literally feels like that quote that you are generating electricity or something. you can even make like balls of energy in your mind, like try "breathing into your hands" sometime. the name says it all. your hands eventually get warmer n this is the basics for how a lot of divine healing works.

A lot of what you guys are talking about is synonymous with buddhist and eastern religion stuff, i recommend reading some of it. I know a lot of it sounds weird but once you apply it to your own energies and whatnot most of it actually makes a lot of sense just in a more mystic language, easily translated into neuroscience n whatnot. what is really funny is how all this stuff is new science but in reality almost all spiritual practices, especially occult ones have known this kind of stuff for thousands of years.

it's funny how unless modern science can understand exactly how something works physically it becomes pseudoscience and dismissed.
      Last edited by velinxs; 07-15-2009 at 11:25 PM.
      “Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

Quote Originally Posted by HaRd_WiReD View Post
      The way to stimulate the pineal gland is through visualization and relaxation, which I posted on how earlier in the thread. It's just that us people who can induce it willingly have sort of an advantage I'm guessing. If you can't induce this surge willingly, you'll just have to meditate or lie down and visualize and relax.

http://www.starweave.com/pinealsummary/

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=c...ic&hl=en&gl=us

I also found this ..interesting

This might just win the BD lol-cake.
      - Are you an idiot?
      - No sir, I'm a dreamer.

LD Count
      Arizona
      HOLY SHIT!!! i have this all the time and didnt realize what it was! it would always happen when something felt right, and it feels good!
      even better when ever i am meditating and balancing my chakras, when i get to the third eye chakra which is the pineal gland i get about 3 or 4 of those chills constantly, i figured it had something to do with the pineal gland. GREAT POST!
      Last edited by JamesLD; 07-16-2009 at 01:38 AM.
      Law abiding citizen by day, breaking the laws of reality by night.
      "How can you be aware that you're dreaming, if you're never aware that you're awake?"

Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      What I think this head vibration is.

This is interesting. I was just lying in bed just now, relaxing and ready to fall asleep. I DID fall asleep half-way, felt myself dozing off , losing consciousness.

A t.v. was turned on in the other room, and it woke my conscious back up, but I didn't move my body, i still lay motionless, my head was vibrating like when I induce the chill. This time did NOT induce the chill, I just kinda lay there motionless, but still aware.

I felt the head vibration when that t.v. turned on because my consciousness was awoken but my body was still falling asleep, the vibration kind of moved from my head, into my arms. I think I was going into sleep paralysis.

The interesting that is that this head vibration kicks in every time we lose consciousness to sleep..or enter sleep paralysis.

So being able to induce that chill just allows you to enter sleep paralysis that much faster.

If you can get the pineal gland vibrating, and a good steady visualization..you should be able to WILD within like 10 to 20 minutes.

Astral Projection, Wake Induced Lucid Dream, OBE, I'm starting to think these are all the same thing.

Mod, can you move to this attaining lucidity, WILD section?
      Last edited by Majestic; 07-16-2009 at 09:14 AM.
      youngjedi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HaRd_WiReD View Post
      Maybe this "surge" is the emotional body trying to escape the pineal gland.
      When you said that it reminded me about how people used to think sneezing was the soul trying to escape.

Also, I'm pretty sure almost everyone here can induce the chill at will, looking at the replies. I guess you're not all that special.

I've only been able to induce these "chills" for a while now..

I can activate this easier while listening to a really good part of a song that I feel I can connect with emotionally and sometimes when seeing a movie trailer that looks uber sweet it sets it off..so one day all I did was try to replicate the effect and it worked. I was able to sit in the cinemas and make the chills go up and down my spin for a while. I thought it was fun.

I didn't really know what to do with it, but if it helps with lucid dreaming then I think I'll have a go at it tonight.
      Thanks!
      Do not try and bend the dream. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realise the truth.
      There is no dream.
      Then you'll see, that it is not the dream that bends, it is only yourself.

LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Spine Chill Induced Lucid Dream?

Only in Beyond Dreaming. LOL.
      Things are not as they seem

Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      Quote Originally Posted by Jeff777 View Post
      Spine Chill Induced Lucid Dream?

Only in Beyond Dreaming. LOL.
      if it helps you WILD why not?

---------------------

Look, for the people who can induce this chill...this has to be the EASIEST method to WILDING, seriously.

I just got done lying down again..what you do is HOLD it! You flex that muscle, and keep it flexed ..and just fall asleep normally..you don't need to to clear your thoughts or anything...keeping the pineal gland flexed or open or whatever will keep you conscious/aware as you fall asleep!

I felt sleep paralysis kick in, the wave of heaviness over my whole body..sleep paralysis is awesome..it feels good...

Shortly after this i seen hypnagogic imagery for the first time! it was very subtle though, but i seen dark images , different images and patterns..but no bright colors or anything, they almost looked like shadows or something, and were moving very fast.

I messed up because i was concentrating on the images too much, and my eyes started moving, like twitching or something.

I think the key is to just don't pay attention to the images and just fall asleep..but they were just so interesting. I think maybe this caused me to wake up, plus there was a t.v. on in the other room again :p

I was very relaxed..this is key also, you have to relax your muscles, just let go, no tension......it makes sleep paralysis come on quicker.

All this happened within a period of maybe 20 minutes. Visualization probably would have made this process way quicker..but visualization is hard for me.
      Last edited by Majestic; 07-17-2009 at 07:54 AM.

Skypedia
      Cool thread, I also use this method, and I also think it's the easiest way to WILD. I'm convinced this is the natural way the body goes to sleep. Just like you use your stomache to digest food, you use your pineal gland to go into dreams.
      "Reject common sense to make the impossible possible." -Kamina

Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      Quote Originally Posted by ChaybaChayba View Post
      Cool thread, I also use this method, and I also think it's the easiest way to WILD. I'm convinced this is the natural way the body goes to sleep. Just like you use your stomache to digest food, you use your pineal gland to go into dreams.
      yea. man I am so close to lucidity I can TASTE IT!! I'm already plotting out what I am going to do, I'm about to make a list.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast