• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Task of the month for May 2010

Banned

Task of the month for May 2010

Introduction:
      This topic is for the Lucid Tasks that are assigned by me or voted on by experienced dreamers. Please attempt one or both of these tasks throughout the month.

Report back in this thread, even if you didn't successfully accomplish the task, your efforts should make interesting reading! This is required in order to get credit, it is no longer sufficient just to say that you did it.

Whoever completes either of these tasks gets the following goodies until the end of the month:
      • Your name will be displayed in ORANGE in the online members list at the bottom of the main forum page.
      • You will receive a special title and badge.
      • You will receive access to the "Lucid Task Club" which is a limited access forum for people that complete the lucid task each month.

Tasks for this month:

Basic Task - Give someone a flower

Advanced Task - Skydive from a skyscaper

Here
      DJ Entries
      I'll surely give the advanced task a try.

But isn't the basic task the same as last year's May task?
      LD count since joining DVs : 50
      B-ToTM : 4 A-ToTM : 2

Action, Comedy, Drama, Romance, and Adventure. All of this and more in just a click of a button.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

DJ Entries
      Just to clarify, you can do both tasks in the same dream, right?

Banned
      yes.

Banned
      Have fun.

LD Count
      Wow. Last night i thought if my WILD attempts succeed tonight, i will jump from the empire state buildiing.
      Dream Goals:
      1.Have an induced LD.[X]
      2.Fly[X]
      3.Jump off a skyscraper[]
      4.Do a Kamehameha[X]
      5.Have a HUGE, EPIC battle with a lot of explosions with my best friend.[]

LD Count
      I am going to do the basic one... sounds easy.
      Hope I LD in time!
      I'm back!

Ex-Redhat
      DJ Entries
      Aww, the basic task is so nice.

Adversary Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Advanced Task - Skydive from a skyscraper
      Hee! Parachutes are optional, right?

Also, shouldn't it be "BASE Jump"?

/nitpick

I pick up a half-eaten copy of a book by Neil Gaiman, and decide this is all his fault.

LD Count
      10 MILDS/WBTBS
      Why do you want to know?
      Yeah, it is BASE jumping. Skydiving may imply that a parachute is required, but it is a dream after all so who knows?
      The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim
      Goals:
      10 Lucids [X]
      Look at my reflection [X]
      Dream sex [X] with climax [X]

I want to know all I know Bethany's Avatar
      NZ
      Yes, giving a DC a flower was the basic task for May last year... that's when I last posted in my DJ (naughty me) and it was my old signature line (which I've now updated for May this year)!

Just got back into my DJ because of having nightmare problems... gonna get back in control of my dreams!

I didn't achieve the TotM May last year so looking forward to attempting it this year!
      Lucid Dream Goal: Give a dream character a flower and jump off the Sky Tower.

Recorded Lucids since joining: 3 DILD, 1 WILD
      I often have other lucids that I forget or that I don't record for whatever reason.
      Lucid Tasks Completed: 2 Basic (but one was a month too late)

My Dream Journal

Member Achievements:
      Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries
      Is flying allowed? I mean, can I just teleport/climb/fly/take the elevator to the top of a skyscraper, jump and fly away? Or I will need a skydiving device? (something that would be used in waking state)
      Click the door... and welcome to my dream world!

Lucid Dreaming: Natural - Lucid Dreamer since I was a kid.
      Astral Projection ~ Farthest reached: The Pleiades Star System.

Official Dreamviews Toty 7 Lucid Tasks Challenges

Adversary Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      I just figure it would be easier to land, rather than try to summon a parachute. Or, if it's your thing, pull out of freefall by floating or flying.

On the other hand, I've always wanted to use a wingsuit.

I pick up a half-eaten copy of a book by Neil Gaiman, and decide this is all his fault.

Spokane WA
      DJ Entries
      I think I'll try for both... shouldn't be too hard if I can ever get another LD.

I want to know all I know Bethany's Avatar
      NZ
      I'm not sure how I will get to the top of my sky scraper... should give that some thought, but jumping off I would freefall for a while, enjoy that experience, then pull up at the last minute and fly back upwards and away to do something else...

Oh how about sky dive off the sky scraper all the way to the ground head first, arm outstretched and grab a flower from a garden before twisting round and flying back up to find some dream character to give it to... do both tasks in one smooth action...

Ok, I'm not that advanced... but one can "dream" haha.
      Lucid Dream Goal: Give a dream character a flower and jump off the Sky Tower.

Recorded Lucids since joining: 3 DILD, 1 WILD
      I often have other lucids that I forget or that I don't record for whatever reason.
      Lucid Tasks Completed: 2 Basic (but one was a month too late)

My Dream Journal

Dreamer by nature Achievements:
      Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_FF0000'>J.D.</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      500+
      DJ Entries
      The advanced task is gonna be awesome! I can't wait to try it! It's going to be no parachute, straight nose dive to the pavement. Should be enough to finally put people's mind at ease... you don't die if you die in a dream.

Here
      DJ Entries

Ouch

Advanced ToTM~! ( WILD )

Normal Dream
      Lucid
      ¤ Comments ¤

Length: Long
      Vividity: Great

¤ I woke up at 4:00 am, and attempted a WILD, soon after that, I was hearing screams in my room. A scene of me being outside was forming, then I arrived at my dream scene. ¤ I was walking around the street, thinking about what I should. The idea of doing the advanced ToTM came up. I blinked, then the place became empty. I saw a skyscraper far away, so I began walking towards it, and it became closer. I realized that I was close, I stopped and looked up. It was pretty high. There was a sign, and I began reading it out loud, " Burj Dubai, the longest tower in the world, with the hight of 15 KMs. Wow ... Now THAT is high. " I looked at my hands, they were firing up. I gathered the flames and focused on them, I then launched them at the ground. That force made me burst up. I was feeling the wind through me. I saw the top of that building, but the flames I was depending on disappeared. With my hands full of smokes, I was trying to grab anything while falling. There was a window which I managed to grab. I pulled myself up, there was a person in arms, wearing a heavy armor. I saw a computer desk, too. I broke the window, then I quickly rolled over to the desk and it fell on the ground. I was hiding, hopping that that guy didn't notice me. I peeked, then he saw me. He was standing infront of an elevator. I wanted to reach the top, so I rampaged through the room, hurrying to the elevator. That guy took a shotgun, then loaded it. And shot. I slowed time so I could see the bullets, and I made my way to the elevator. The door closed. The numbers weren't normal, 16 was at the bottom and 9 at the middle. I clicked all the button randomly, and the elevator moved. After a minute the elevator stopped, and I was at the top. I walked to the edge and observed what's down, but I couldn't, there wasn't anything but clouds. Then I jumped, head first. The winds were rushing through my head, and the clouds were revealing the ground. Then I crashed with my head and had a headach, then I woke up.
      LD count since joining DVs : 50
      B-ToTM : 4 A-ToTM : 2

Action, Comedy, Drama, Romance, and Adventure. All of this and more in just a click of a button.

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

MY Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      5000+
      US
      DJ Entries
      I will definitely try the advanced task... Something I've wanted to do in the Waking World. Hehe..

-CV

*Btw Ninja, where can you access the Lucid limited access forum?

Thanks.
      Having Trouble With Dream Control and Clarity? Reflex Stabilization Technique

Member Achievements:
      Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries
      So close!!!!

Darn it!!!!

I remembered the task on my lucid dream and started to perform it. My inner clock woke me up (It was almost time to wake up and my alarm clock was about to ring) I just needed two more minutes and I would succeed. Probably a few more minutes and I would do the advanced one as well

Quote Originally Posted by From my Dream Journal
      Comments - Dream - Lucid Dream DREAM SIGN

I recalled one dream tonight. It was during my last REM, but it was a short dream (lucid) because it was time to wake up and my body awakened itself. Too bad... I was going to complete easily both (at least one) tasks of the month!!!

Alone in the Mountain

I was with some friends, I think at college (I'm not in college) They were all made up friends. I've been in this place before. I can't recall well this place. I knew I dreamed more before here but can't recall. I was talking with my friends and walking around.
      We were going to have a party somewhere in the country. We appeared in the country, on a mountain. The sky was cloudy and it was afternoon. We had fun, we did not that much but I felt happy. It was night and a big group of friends announced they were about to leave and disappeared. Despite all the rarities of my dreams here and before at the college and I did not become lucid yet. I performed no reality checks.
      I was alone with one friend. My friend announced he had to leave and he said, "I will summon a car"
      I instantly became lucid and the vividness of the dream increased dramatically. I could see the starts filling the sky, I could hear the noises from the insects and even feel the wind in my face. My friend was next to the road and suddenly, a white car appeared. The light beams of the car were on. It was a white rusty car. It was one of this old school large (very large) cars. My friend jumped inside, smiling and said, "Bye!!!" The car started moving and I said, "Oh yeah?" I started to smile and I walk towards the road blocking the way. When the car approaches me I said out loud, "STOP!!" My hand was open and facing the car. The car avoids me and keeps going until it disappears. I concentrated in summoning another car for but I fail as well. I think, "So, that's what is going on, huh? This is my freaking dream, so screw the car, I just fly home." I jump once, then I jump a second time (higher) then I jump a third time even higher doing a somersault and start flying. Usually this technique works very well for me. I perform three jumps ending in a somersault and I start flying. I was not flying very high, let's say around 30 feet high. I was following the path of the road. I saw several people running and biking. This reinforced my lucidity (it was late night in the middle of nowhere... how come there was people biking and running) I remember my task of the month. "Give a flower to someone." So I planned in landing, summoning a flower in my hand and blocking the way to stop a runner or a bike. I started to decrease height to land, when everything become blurry and starts to fade. I tried to spin to recover my dream, but the image of my room became vivid and more vivid until I came back to waking. I performed a reality check to make sure I was in waking life. Everything was normal so I looked at my watch. 08:10 am. I had to wake up at 08:15 am. I usually wake up before my clock does wake me up, so my inner alarm noticed me it was time to wake up. Darn... so close!!!
      Do not give me credit!!!! As you can see I failed due lack of time Hopefully this night or soon enough I will complete both of them
      Click the door... and welcome to my dream world!

Lucid Dreaming: Natural - Lucid Dreamer since I was a kid.
      Astral Projection ~ Farthest reached: The Pleiades Star System.

Official Dreamviews Toty 7 Lucid Tasks Challenges

can haz dv Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      <span class='glow_FF1493'>Cacophony</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      [Statistic]
      The cupboard under the stairs
      DJ Entries
      I had this dream last night.... I hadn't even read the task until this morning.

I began taking pictures around me. I was taking pictures of the people on the moon. When I saw how the pictures turned out I found that if you take pictures of humans, things they miss from Earth will appear in the picture in a greenish-bluish-ghoulish sort of wispy way.

I took a picture of this gangsta kid, and in the picture his gang appeared around him. I took a picture of Katie and there were flowers all around her. I was so baffled by this. I wanted to see if these things were real. I kept taking pictures of Katie to figure out where the flowers were located. I then, at the moment I took the picture, reached out towards her and plucked a flower. It was bluish-greenish and see through and you could barely feel it in your hand. I handed it to her and she began to tear up. She decided she was going to leave the moon and start her own garden. I said I thought I was going to leave the moon because it seemed like an altogether dreary place, and people weren't very happy there.
      Man of Shred likes this.

"...and we want punks in the palace, 'cos punks got the loveliest dreams..." - A Silver Mt. Zion
      It was the best of times. It was the end of times.

LD Count
      Hey, the basic task is the same as a year ago...
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=77041
      I'm back!

Jesus of DV Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 25000 Hall Points 10000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Huge Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_0000FF'>Man of Shred</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Lethbridge, alberta
      DJ Entries
      Wow Cacophony, sounds like a precog. Well If I ever get lucid and Asuka is around... Must give her a flower!
      The Best of my dream journal
      http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x15/LucidSeeker/RanmaSig.jpg
      MoSh: How about you stop trying to define everything, and just accept what you experience, and explore it.
      - From the DJ of Waking Nomad!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Cusp View Post
      I'm guessing those intergalactic storm cloud monster bugs come out of sacred energy vortex angel gate medicine wheels.

Bird Brain Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Lost count.
      DJ Entries
      Jeeze, the advanced task seems hard because of the possibility of me dying in the dream... But the flower one seems to easy. What to do...
      I'll see if I can do the advanced.
      We all live in a kind of continuous dream. When we wake, it is because something,
      some event, some pinprick even, disturbs the edges of what we have taken as reality.

Vandermeer

SAT (Sporadic Awareness Technique) Guide
      Have questions about lucid dreaming? DM me.

http://bit.ly/GoToCME Clyde Machine's Avatar
      LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      I'm in for this one! Gonna have to try to get lucid again soon though, I've been low on my recall and completely out of the office on LDs.
      DV Dictionary. / Verious: a definition. /

I'm not on DV much these days, but I'll try to toss a cool dream or two into my DJ.

DJ Entries
      Will definitely try to go for these tasks, the first one will be interesting to see a DC's reaction. As for the second one, that will test your courage, since, you are jumping off a skyscraper, although, if I do try it, I will likely try to use a parachute
      # of LDs so far: DILD-1, WILD-0, Awareness-5
      Max Dreams recalled in one night: 3
      Goals: Learn to fly [] - Find out more about myself [] - Explore the sea [] - Pray in an LD []
      Read my DJ: Whirlwind of Dreams
      Read my current research: CAT Research
      Read my meditation experiences: Meditation Experiences

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast