• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA

Sharing a room or bed & trying for lucidity/oobes

For most of us, trying to attain lucidity is hard enough but it can be made even harder if you share a room (or bed) with others.

First do you even "tell" them what you're trying to do?

I'd like hear about how you told your siblings or mates about your trying for lucidity and how they reacted to your practices/meditations/methods (i.e., were they supportive, negative, etc.).

I ended up telling my husband about trying for lucidity because I was going to start wearing a Novadreamer mask that would be flashing and beeping most of the night. 8)

My funniest experience to share is that, after having lucid dreams for a while, I started feeling faint vibrations. Sooo I read about oobes and it*stated that the vibrations can be happening even though they're not strong (or seem to have stopped) and that you merely *roll* over and you'll find yourself out. *Well that sounded nifty!

So the next time I was in bed and felt the vibrations, I rolled to my right .. and ran smack into the wall!

To my embarrassment, I hear my husband say, "uuuuuh... are you alright?"
      I can still see my husband shaking his head as he looked at the wall imprint on my forehead the next morning. :-)

Now fast forward 6+ years and my husband still isn't sure if lucidity and oobes are real but he loves me enough to let me enjoy what he calls my "hobby".

So does anyone else have a funny, strange or uplifting story to tell because you had to share your quest for lucidity (maybe you found out that a family member was a natural, etc.).

Thanks for reading!

Note: I now move to the couch when trying to lucid dream or get out.

talk to seeker....
      Oohhumm

Undisclosed location
      My wife is very supportive of my dreaming rituals or techniques.
      But here is the problem. It takes her two minutes to get to sleep. I am high strung and it normally takes me 1/2 hr to 45 minutes to get to sleep. So during this time I pratice either a technique or some form of meditation to help me get to sleep. But my wife flips, flops, jumps, twitches and all kinds of things. And it seems just a bout the time I am getting to where I want to be FLOP = There I am, wide awake....again.

I might try the couch like you Clarity. Or strap my wife down.

USA
      Originally posted by Howetzer+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Howetzer)</div>
      My wife is very supportive of my dreaming rituals or techniques. But here is the problem. It takes her two minutes to get to sleep. I am high strung and it normally takes me 1/2 hr to 45 minutes to get to sleep.[/b]
      It's the same with my husband.. asleep as soon as he closes his eyes.. me it's a least a 1/2 hr! Luckily I'm already asleep when he comes to bed as he usually stays up much later than I do.

Originally posted by Howetzer@
      So during this time I pratice either a technique or some form of meditation to help me get to sleep. But my wife flips, flops, jumps, twitches and all kinds of things. And it seems just a bout the time I am getting to where I want to be FLOP = There I am, wide awake....again.
      LOL.. I can relate.. only my beloved snores!

<!--QuoteBegin-Howetzer

I might try the couch like you Clarity. Or strap my wife down.
      I'd go with the couch instead of the straps.. there'll be less screaming!

I don't think my husband really understands much of it, but is sort of open to the idea (although he claims he doesn't dream) but he remembers very few dreams if any at all.

He snores quite often, usually when he's really tired and he always goes to bed before I do. I find it so hard to relax sometimes between jabs in his shoulder and telling him to roll over in the hopes it'll lessen the snores. But he often falls asleep downstairs on the couch, so I don't complain at all on those nights for good reasons.

But I did send him out yesterday to get me a bottle of B6 vitamins and when he returned he'd managed to find them (which I was shocked lol) and he handed the bottle to me a little confused and said that the back of the bottle doesn't say anything about them helping to make your dreams more vivid. I just had to laugh over that one.

Undisclosed location
      I don't believe I had a chance to welcome you, the beauty who sleeps. SO WELCOME

Originally posted by the beauty who sleeps
      He snores quite often, usually when he's really tired and he always goes to bed before I do. I find it so hard to relax sometimes between jabs in his shoulder and telling him to roll over in the hopes it'll lessen the snores. But he often falls asleep downstairs on the couch, so I don't complain at all on those nights for good reasons.
      I know of two people inparticular that said those nasal strips (breathe right strips) has helped them with their snoring. That is if your husband is wiling to try them.

USA
      Originally posted by Howetzer
      I know of two people inparticular that said those nasal strips (breathe right strips) has helped them with their snoring. That is if your husband is wiling to try them.
      I hope the strips work for him. My husband tried those strips and all kinds of sprays that were supposed to stop snoring and unfortunately they didn't help.

The only thing that completely stopped his snoring was dropping some weight..

Ps.. I love your vitamin story (it sounded exactly like something my husband would say)! :-)

Originally posted by Howetzer
      I don't believe I had a chance to welcome you, the beauty who sleeps. SO WELCOME
      Thanks for the welcome Howetzer.

I've been thinking lately about seeing if he'll give the strips a try. It's not every night he snores, but it is quite often, especially since he works long hours during the day and by the time night comes, he's exhausted. It's bound to be easier than jabbing him in the side in mid snore and rolling over pretending you didn't do anything

My wife snores. Try some foam earplugs -- they've worked wonders for me.
      Wayne

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/3741/zcsig8gs.jpg

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

USA
      The biggest problems I have are with my wife turning over in bed.

I will be in the middle of a great LD and it will begin to fade. I wake up and realize that my wife has just finished turning over.

It is also murder when trying to WILD. It usually takes me about 20 minutes to perform one, usually my wife will snore or move during that time.
      you must be the change you wish to see in the world...
      -gandhi

Undisclosed location
      Originally posted by TygrHawk
      My wife snores. Try some foam earplugs -- they've worked wonders for me.
      Those things work great TygrHawk. I use them if I am trying to sleep during the day. Or if I go camping.
      > ear plugs

I buy them here and I now they are of quility.

Lol
      My wife always does deep breathing and is of within minutes
      so i have managed to obtain some small rubber ear plugs from work (similar to those used for swimmers)
      well i luv them as soon as i plug them in it's like the off button even if i'm in bed before her i have to have them in now to sleep but as soon as there in i'm of no matter what
      I'm a newbie here so it's all a little new to me , I have always been able to remember my dreams but could never take control when ever i did i just woke up only the other day after reading up on the subject did i have my first real LD what a thrill, just a little excited and scared aty the moment - l

lol do i tell my wife i've been doing it in bed with other woman

you tell me !

Originally posted by sjpage
      You know your wife better than we do. Would she be jealous about things that happen (only) in your dreams?

In my opinion, she shouldn't be, but I don't let my wife in on everything that goes on in my dreams.
      Wayne

Lol - I don't think she would even believe LD's are possible as she never remembers her dreams and is not very open minded , maybe I'll just keep it to myself
      the only thing I'm worried about is talking or moving a little to much in my sleep I've already had to make a dash for the bathroom and I've only been doing this a couple of days

Does anyone actually do this move about or talk in their sleep I mean

all the best

stef

Truth Seeker Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class Created Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>LucidDreamGod</span>'s Avatar
      US
      DJ Entries
      Originally posted by sjpage
      Lol - I don't think she would even believe LD's are possible as she never remembers her dreams and is not very open minded stef
      I wouldn't tell here about it, open minded people are the only ones who would like lding

I wanna be the very best
      Like no one ever was
      To lucid dream is my real test
      To control them is my cause

USA
      Originally posted by TygrHawk+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TygrHawk)</div>
      <!--QuoteBegin-sjpage
      You know your wife better than we do. Would she be jealous about things that happen (only) in your dreams?

In my opinion, she shouldn't be, but I don't let my wife in on everything that goes on in my dreams. [/b]
      Think of it this way.. would you want your wife to tell you that she was having sex with other men in her dreams?.. probably not. I decided long ago not to share those specific lucid "experiences" with my husband.

I honestly believe that certain dreams, like certain thoughts, are private and do not have to be shared. :-)

Originally posted by Clairity
      would you want your wife to tell you that she was having sex with other men in her dreams?.. probably not.
      Frankly, it wouldn't bother me a bit.
      Wayne

USA
      Originally posted by TygrHawk+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TygrHawk)</div>
      <!--QuoteBegin-Clairity
      would you want your wife to tell you that she was having sex with other men in her dreams?.. probably not.
      Frankly, it wouldn't bother me a bit.[/b]
      Not everyone is so secure.. I'm impressed! :-)

Undisclosed location
      Originally posted by Clairity+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Clairity)</div>
      Originally posted by TygrHawk@
      <!--QuoteBegin-Clairity

Frankly, it wouldn't bother me a bit.
      Not everyone is so secure.. I'm impressed! :-)[/b]
      I agree with you clarity! And I to am impressed.
      If a partner,he/she, new you were making a conscious decision to have another sex partner I would think most would feel jeolous.
      That goes back into the whole moral issue debate / burnt out on that.