• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 16 of 16
    Like Tree2Likes
    • 1 Post By infinity101
    • 1 Post By infinity101

    Thread: Has anyone found a way to prolong dream time?

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      AndresLD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      LD Count
      158
      Gender
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      1,088
      Likes
      253
      DJ Entries
      97

      Has anyone found a way to prolong dream time?

      By this I don't mean just stay longer in the dream, but also make it feel longer. So, for example dreaming for 20 minutes, while in the dream it actually felt like 2 hours, and so.
      Spoiler for Goals:

    2. #2
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      6,310
      Likes
      2026
      Not me unfortunately. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone else has, though, because my lucids are usually only around five minutes each.

    3. #3
      Member imaginefaisalpl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      LD Count
      6
      Posts
      41
      Likes
      4
      DJ Entries
      1
      There is a way to actually start another dream while you're lucid. From that second dream create another dream and so on. Eventually you'll be tied in lucid dreams and false awakenings.

    4. #4
      Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      AndresLD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      LD Count
      158
      Gender
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      1,088
      Likes
      253
      DJ Entries
      97
      So kinda like in Inception, isn't it?
      Makes sense, because I've been in a lucid dream within a non-lucid dream, and when I wake up from the lucid dream I'm still in the non-lucid dream.

      One time I went to sleep in a lucid dream to see if I could extend the dream time, but instead I woke up, since then I haven't tried again, but I guess I could try again in my next lucid
      Spoiler for Goals:

    5. #5
      Member infinity101's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Posts
      30
      Likes
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by AndresLD View Post
      So kinda like in Inception, isn't it?
      Makes sense, because I've been in a lucid dream within a non-lucid dream, and when I wake up from the lucid dream I'm still in the non-lucid dream.

      One time I went to sleep in a lucid dream to see if I could extend the dream time, but instead I woke up, since then I haven't tried again, but I guess I could try again in my next lucid
      Try to avoid putting your body in the same position in the dream world as the real world
      WakingNomad likes this.

    6. #6
      Member infinity101's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Posts
      30
      Likes
      3
      http://www.dreamviews.com/f14/my-tut...ours-ld-94752/ , a post that wil come in handy i think
      WakingNomad likes this.

    7. #7
      XeL
      Japan XeL is offline
      光陰矢のごとし XeL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      LD Count
      130+
      Gender
      Location
      Japan
      Posts
      1,407
      Likes
      563
      ^Nice motorcycle.

      I might get one when I have a little more money
      ~XeL's DJ~
      ~Adopted by Cygnus~

    8. #8
      XeL
      Japan XeL is offline
      光陰矢のごとし XeL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      LD Count
      130+
      Gender
      Location
      Japan
      Posts
      1,407
      Likes
      563
      ^Nice motorcycle.

      I might get one when I have a little more money
      ~XeL's DJ~
      ~Adopted by Cygnus~

    9. #9
      Member infinity101's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Posts
      30
      Likes
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by XeL View Post
      ^Nice motorcycle.

      I might get one when I have a little more money
      haha i am buying a Honda CBR 250R (im almost 18)

    10. #10
      Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      AndresLD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      LD Count
      158
      Gender
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      1,088
      Likes
      253
      DJ Entries
      97
      Quote Originally Posted by infinity101 View Post
      http://www.dreamviews.com/f14/my-tut...ours-ld-94752/ , a post that wil come in handy i think
      I read this a couple of days ago, I'm definitely aiming to try this on my next LD. It does seem to give you more time, but I was thinking more of a technique to combine with that one. My aim is to extend real dreaming time as well as 'psychological time' as they referred to it in another thread.
      Spoiler for Goals:

    11. #11
      Member Tranquil Toad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Gender
      Location
      B.C, Canada
      Posts
      328
      Likes
      134
      My problem is that as soon as I start thinking about extending the dream time, I also start worrying about when I will wake up. And as most of us know, what you think of becomes a reality.

      So while that tutorial has many good points, I find it more effective to just ignore time all together. If you don't focus on how long a dream will last, it will last a lot longer (at least for me.)

      However, I'm sure it is possible. It is just a matter of tricking your mind into the belief structure that time will be extended. How about creating a pocket watch, and when the clock winds down to a certain point the dream will end. Just believe that this will be the case. To trick yourself, periodically reset the watch so it never actually reaches the point where the dream will end. Every time you do this you are telling yourself that the dream time has been completely reset.

      Whatever symbols/methods seem to work best for you, intuitively, will end up working.

    12. #12
      Member infinity101's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Posts
      30
      Likes
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Toad View Post
      My problem is that as soon as I start thinking about extending the dream time, I also start worrying about when I will wake up. And as most of us know, what you think of becomes a reality.

      So while that tutorial has many good points, I find it more effective to just ignore time all together. If you don't focus on how long a dream will last, it will last a lot longer (at least for me.)

      However, I'm sure it is possible. It is just a matter of tricking your mind into the belief structure that time will be extended. How about creating a pocket watch, and when the clock winds down to a certain point the dream will end. Just believe that this will be the case. To trick yourself, periodically reset the watch so it never actually reaches the point where the dream will end. Every time you do this you are telling yourself that the dream time has been completely reset.

      Whatever symbols/methods seem to work best for you, intuitively, will end up working.
      thats a really good idea

    13. #13
      Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      LD Count
      999
      Gender
      Location
      honolulu, Hawaii
      Posts
      5,863
      Likes
      2263
      DJ Entries
      476
      Weird. I just made a thread on Time Dilation, but I didn't notice this one. Anyway, here are two techniques that work for me:

      1) Do nothing.

      Most people when they first become lucid, get excited and go flying or fucking, or some other dream goals. Instead, just do nothing. Try to spend an entire dream in the same room. Walk around and touch things, constantly reminding yourself that it's a dream by saying it out loud. I have never spent an entire dream in a room, by the way, but I came close. You know how time seems to go by slow when you do nothing and get bored in waking life?
      The funny thing is, no one ever gets bored in a lucid dream. Try. You can't. But, it will dilate time, for sure.

      2) Pluck the fabric of time and space. In order to do this, you need to perceive each dream as a bubble, and pluck at it like a guitar string. I did this one dream kind of instinctively, and it worked.

      Read Raven Knight's DJ for how she does it.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

    14. #14
      Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      AndresLD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      LD Count
      158
      Gender
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      1,088
      Likes
      253
      DJ Entries
      97
      I will check your thread ASAP Nomad .
      I'll try to do... well nothing, if that's possible x), but I'll also look into that whole 'fabric pluck' thing . Thanks Nomad!
      Spoiler for Goals:

    15. #15
      Web of dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      dakotahnok's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      LD Count
      Gender
      Location
      Miami, ok
      Posts
      2,196
      Likes
      724
      DJ Entries
      5
      When you feel a dream ending dont freak out or except it. Just keep thinking to yourself that its just going into a differient dream. And instead of ending it will just change scenes.

      I was always a dreamer, in childhood especially. People thought I was a little strange.-Charley pride

    16. #16
      Tatsumaki Senpukyaku Swordz's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Campinas - São Paulo - Brazil
      Posts
      96
      Likes
      1
      This night i had a LD and asked my dreamguide what should i do to prolong the dream. She said "don't stop moving". It worked. it may sound like a little strange but i just woke up in the second that i stopped moving. It was a very long dream.
      LDs since joining: DILD: 45
      Last LD: 08/24/10

    Similar Threads

    1. Why did it fail to prolong the dream
      By topten35 in forum Dream Control
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 08-01-2010, 02:27 AM
    2. Found a personal dreamsign that triggers lucidity every time
      By Dagonis in forum Attaining Lucidity
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 08-23-2005, 10:07 AM
    3. How do you really prolong a dream?
      By Alric in forum Dream Control
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: 08-03-2004, 04:01 AM
    4. I found a time machine (which then went all wrong)
      By Kaniaz in forum Senseless Banter
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: 07-13-2004, 06:46 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •