• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 14 of 14

    Thread: Imagination?

    1. #1
      Somniator iam, expectans. Arachanox's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      LD Count
      2+
      Gender
      Location
      Louisiana
      Posts
      111
      Likes
      0
      First things first: I haven't had a lucid dream yet. But reading all this information makes me think, what effect does the extent of one's imagination have on their lucid dreams? Can dream control be increased by a stronger imagination?

      Just wondering...

      ~Arachanox
      Somniamus ut mundos novos videmus.
      "We dream so that we may see new worlds."

    2. #2
      Your cat ate my baby Pyrofan1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      720
      Likes
      3
      Dream control really doesn't depend on Imagination, It depends if you believe you can

    3. #3
      Somniator iam, expectans. Arachanox's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      LD Count
      2+
      Gender
      Location
      Louisiana
      Posts
      111
      Likes
      0
      So if I believe something in a lucid dream, it's possible?
      Somniamus ut mundos novos videmus.
      "We dream so that we may see new worlds."

    4. #4
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      5,964
      Likes
      229
      Quote Originally Posted by Arachanox View Post
      So if I believe something in a lucid dream, it's possible?
      [/b]
      Definitely! You will have one tonite or very soon, if you think it is possible. Please come back and tell us about your lucid dream--because all it takes to do it is knowing that it exists. Now that you know, you will be lucid for sure.

    5. #5
      Eprac Diem arby's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      LD Count
      i/0
      Gender
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      1,957
      Likes
      51
      Simple answer: Yes

      More complex answer.... Well, thats complex.. lol

      You see, dreams are controlled by conceptual thought. Simply put all a dream is, is you thinking of things happening and being presented with whats assosiated with that concept. Sorta like thinking of a boat and seeing a boat plus water etc.

      So, if you can imagine something better, it will have more links and be presented better.

      Blah, Merlock never did that conceptual thought tut.... I guess that leaves me to do it...

    6. #6
      Member Lemonsoul's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Gender
      Location
      York
      Posts
      45
      Likes
      0
      I know that if I was unable to imagine what it is I want to do in my dreams then I doubt I would be able to do it - since I beleive a LD is dependent on you being able to mentally picture yourself doing something...afterall...thats all any dream is: a mental picture.

      However simply by wanting to do something your mind starts putting images together whether you are aware of it or not, you'll find that the more you want to do something the more you think about that something and the more prepared your mind becomes for when you finally manage to display your LD abilities.

      In other words - believing is imagining. Therefore LDs should be dependent on your willpower if anything.

      ...at least thats the way I see it.
      Expect the unexpected - when it arrives ask it if you are dreaming.

    7. #7
      Member BohmaN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      621
      Likes
      3
      arby, your avatar is crazy .

      Imagination has something to do with dream control, to a small extent. For example if you need to imagine someone appear in order to get control of your dream, then it would be beneficial to have good imagination.

      But also remember that you are naturally more creative in your dreams...
      Currently practicing WILD. I quote Kaniaz who said it best: "The point of WILD is to piss me off". Though, I have not given up, far from it.

    8. #8
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Posts
      70
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
      Definitely! You will have one tonite or very soon, if you think it is possible. Please come back and tell us about your lucid dream--because all it takes to do it is knowing that it exists. Now that you know, you will be lucid for sure.
      [/b]
      But how does one persuade themselves to "know" they will have a lucid dreams. I've been able to have them that way just by believing like you said, but 75% of the time it doesn't work, and then my high hopes are shattered, maybe because I didn't believe enough. Is there a way to make yourself believe and actually make LD's happen short of hypnosis?

    9. #9
      Truth Seeker <span class='glow_9400D3'>LucidDreamGod</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2004
      Gender
      Location
      US
      Posts
      2,257
      Likes
      43
      DJ Entries
      4
      I know ever since I practiced visual thinking my dreams were much more vivider the indivisual dream lasted alot longer, instead of having 10 dreams in one night all small I had like 3 all very long dreams, and yeah there were times were I was thinking very clearly like I was lucid but not exactly, ofcoure I wasn&#39;t trying that much so I didn&#39;t get lucid as much as if I had wanted to.

      Quote Originally Posted by DreamerDavious View Post
      But how does one persuade themselves to "know" they will have a lucid dreams. I&#39;ve been able to have them that way just by believing like you said, but 75% of the time it doesn&#39;t work, and then my high hopes are shattered, maybe because I didn&#39;t believe enough. Is there a way to make yourself believe and actually make LD&#39;s happen short of hypnosis?
      [/b]
      You get good at it after awhile, it&#39;s not really a rational thing, you just beleive it and refuse to doubt it, just say "I WILL have a lucid dream, and I WILL remember it" focus on it for a few moments, then clear your head and fall asleep, even if you happen to fail 100 times (which shouldn&#39;t happen) you can still convince yourself if you refuse to doubt it.



      I wanna be the very best
      Like no one ever was
      To lucid dream is my real test
      To control them is my cause


    10. #10
      Banned
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Location
      Raiden's Sky Temple
      Posts
      615
      Likes
      2
      Lucid dreaming give you a better imagination.

    11. #11
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      5,964
      Likes
      229
      Quote Originally Posted by DreamerDavious View Post
      But how does one persuade themselves to "know" they will have a lucid dreams. I&#39;ve been able to have them that way just by believing like you said, but 75% of the time it doesn&#39;t work, and then my high hopes are shattered, maybe because I didn&#39;t believe enough. Is there a way to make yourself believe and actually make LD&#39;s happen short of hypnosis?
      [/b]
      I was just saying that to make him have a lucid dream. I have the same problem that you do. I don&#39;t know the answer.

    12. #12
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Posts
      70
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
      I was just saying that to make him have a lucid dream. [/b]
      Lol oops...hope i didn&#39;t ruin it...

    13. #13
      Truth Seeker <span class='glow_9400D3'>LucidDreamGod</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2004
      Gender
      Location
      US
      Posts
      2,257
      Likes
      43
      DJ Entries
      4
      Quote Originally Posted by DreamerDavious View Post
      Lol oops...hope i didn&#39;t ruin it...
      [/b]

      It can still work, if you don&#39;t keep telling yourself it&#39;s a placebo, if you keep thinking in that way it won&#39;t work.

      There is a logical framework to it, it is logical to say that your mind will beleive it if you don&#39;t say it&#39;s a placebo, therefore you will believe it works and if you beleive that you beleive that you beleive it works, you can know 100% that it will raise your chances.

      Don&#39;t tell your mind it won&#39;t work there is two parts to your conscous mind, and your subconscous mind, your subconscous mind will accept ANYTHING but it has to pass through the conscous first (thats you), but if you say yes I will have a lucid dream and don&#39;t say it won&#39;t work, then it will go straight to your subconscous were it will take effect.

      Sorry if it&#39;s confusing I read a book about the subject once.



      I wanna be the very best
      Like no one ever was
      To lucid dream is my real test
      To control them is my cause


    14. #14
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Posts
      70
      Likes
      0
      It makes sense, I might try it again tonight if I don&#39;t get distracted again...

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •