• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 71
    1. #1
      Gus
      Gus is offline
      Member Gus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Posts
      130
      Likes
      0

      For castaneda fans

      Im just curious, for anyone who is rather proficient at lucid dreaming, castaneda talks in the art of dreaming about 4 of th 7 gates of dreaming and one of them is being able to dream yourself to concrete places in this world, ie. dream of seeing yourself in bed

      im curious if anyone has had an experience like this, i have not ever done this although i have astral projected several times (i think its essentially the same thing)

      ne way
      love and light
      Why?

    2. #2
      Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      4,904
      Likes
      64
      I've seen myself in bed in dreams. It's just a dream of... seeing yourself in a bed.

    3. #3
      ex-member
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      3,924
      Likes
      39
      Yea, same.
      Bollocks.

    4. #4
      Looking for you Arutad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      775
      Likes
      6
      Not a fan or whatever, but once I looked at my bed and saw that it was empty

    5. #5
      Stalker
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Here and now
      Posts
      49
      Likes
      0
      Castande talks about 2 different scenarios:
      1. A normal dream in which you see your self sleeping - worthless
      2. A special state in which you see your physical body sleeping in the real world - invaluable!

    6. #6
      Looking for you Arutad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      775
      Likes
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
      2. A special state in which you see your physical body sleeping in the real world - invaluable!
      An OBE?

      Poor things who believe in that crap! I'll break my sides laughing some day

    7. #7
      Stalker
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Here and now
      Posts
      49
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Arutad View Post
      An OBE?

      Poor things who believe in that crap! I'll break my sides laughing some day
      Well, most people who speak of OBEs today, mean to say: a (normal) lucid dream in which you see your body....



      It's always good to laugh I hope it will prepare you well for the day that you actually have an OBE, and shit in your physical pants out of terror But I agree that anyone who "believes" in it blindly is a fool....

    8. #8
      Moonshine moonshine's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Gender
      Location
      UK
      Posts
      1,109
      Likes
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
      Castande talks about 2 different scenarios:
      1. A normal dream in which you see your self sleeping - worthless
      2. A special state in which you see your physical body sleeping in the real world - invaluable!
      right. so no chance that you might see youself in bed precisely because thats what you want to see.
      Lucid Dreams:-
      MILD/DILD: 79
      WILD: 13
      DEILD:13
      (TOTAL: 108 )

    9. #9
      Looking for you Arutad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      775
      Likes
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
      I hope it will prepare you well for the day that you actually have an OBE, and shit in your physical pants out of terror But I agree that anyone who "believes" in it blindly is a fool....
      You hint at having had an OBE and having shitted your physical pants afterwards? That's getting interesting.

      Tell me about it And how you checked the realness of it, in order to make sure that you're not believing blindly like a fool.

    10. #10
      Stalker
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Here and now
      Posts
      49
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Arutad View Post
      You hint at having had an OBE and having shitted your physical pants afterwards? That's getting interesting.

      Tell me about it And how you checked the realness of it, in order to make sure that you're not believing blindly like a fool.
      I suggest that you read AOD - it's downright indecent! (in a positive way )
      Believing will not be an issue as it's a great book no matter how "real" you believe it is...

    11. #11
      infrequent poster, DC Desert Claw's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      775
      Likes
      59
      DJ Entries
      19
      haha when I first skimmed by this thread I thought it was about dan castellaneta... but now i see its someone else. still, I've never heard of him

    12. #12
      Looking for you Arutad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      775
      Likes
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
      I suggest that you read AOD - it's downright indecent! (in a positive way )
      Believing will not be an issue as it's a great book no matter how "real" you believe it is...
      Haha, what an extravagant name for a book, Aod! I doubt that it's helping it to sell well.

    13. #13
      Stalker
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Here and now
      Posts
      49
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Arutad View Post
      Haha, what an extravagant name for a book, Aod! I doubt that it's helping it to sell well.
      Art Of Dreaming! (Best seller BTW)

    14. #14
      Stalker
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Here and now
      Posts
      49
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Desert Claw View Post
      haha when I first skimmed by this thread I thought it was about dan castellaneta... but now i see its someone else. still, I've never heard of him
      Let's just say that without this precious man, this site would probably not exist... no, I'm not exaggerating....

    15. #15
      Looking for you Arutad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      775
      Likes
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
      Art Of Dreaming! (Best seller BTW)
      Haha I know, I was pulling your leg! It was funny how your wrote "read AOD", as if everybody must know what the abbreviation means . I hope it wasn't offensive.

      Let's just say that without this precious man, this site would probably not exist... no, I'm not exaggerating....
      That's not true.

      Googled to get the dates of these works about LDing:

      1867 (!) - Dreams and How to Guide Them, by Marquis d'Hervey de Saint-Denys
      1913 - A Study of Dreams, by Frederick Van Eeden

      LaBerge followed, building on these works. Whether Castaneda would write about LDing or not, LaBerge would be there.

      Besides, I doubt that Castaneda's books have much value for LDing community. He never even mentioned lucidity, instead he kept writing wild stuff, like travelling to real places and beating physical people with his astral hands

    16. #16
      Stalker
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Here and now
      Posts
      49
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Arutad View Post
      Haha I know, I was pulling your leg! It was funny how your wrote "read AOD", as if everybody must know what the abbreviation means . I hope it wasn't offensive.
      None taken I had a feeling you're just teasing me...

      Quote Originally Posted by Arutad View Post
      That's not true.

      Googled to get the dates of these works about LDing:

      1867 (!) - Dreams and How to Guide Them, by Marquis d'Hervey de Saint-Denys
      1913 - A Study of Dreams, by Frederick Van Eeden

      LaBerge followed, building on these works. Whether Castaneda would write about LDing or not, LaBerge would be there.
      I didn't say that there wasn't anything about LDing. I said "this site", and what I meant was that Castaneda was the one that caused most of the interest among the mobs and the new generation. All the other LD books writers are actually riding Castaneda's success ... (popularity wise)

      Quote Originally Posted by Arutad View Post
      Besides, I doubt that Castaneda's books have much value for LDing community. He never even mentioned lucidity, instead he kept writing wild stuff, like travelling to real places and beating physical people with his astral hands
      LOL! In certain ways you are right... I don't suppose a "sorcerer" could fit properly to a forum BUT- he does talk about lucid dreaming- teaches you more the any other book IMO... I guess you just didn't read

    17. #17
      Member Specialis Sapientia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      LD Count
      150
      Gender
      Location
      Copenhagen, Denmark
      Posts
      840
      Likes
      20
      Enjoy your Castaneda

      Read all 4 pages.

    18. #18
      Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      4,904
      Likes
      64
      I hate to break it to you, but plenty of us would be lucid dreaming whether or not DV or castaneda had written anything about it. And the inherent interest in people who experienced it, in a time when the internet exists, means there would've been a webpage.

    19. #19
      Stalker
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Here and now
      Posts
      49
      Likes
      0
      Again- I DIDN'T say thart the topic would not exist ! just wouldn't be nearly as popular.....

    20. #20
      Stalker
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Here and now
      Posts
      49
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Specialis Sapientia View Post
      Enjoy your Castaneda

      Read all 4 pages.
      This is not new to me..... it's crap... no need for me to defend the guy

    21. #21
      Moonshine moonshine's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Gender
      Location
      UK
      Posts
      1,109
      Likes
      5
      Theres plenty of books on Alien Abductions too (or what Lucid dreamers are more likely understand to be sleep paralysis).

      Does that fact that there's a book = evidence of aliens on Earth?
      Lucid Dreams:-
      MILD/DILD: 79
      WILD: 13
      DEILD:13
      (TOTAL: 108 )

    22. #22
      Stalker
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Here and now
      Posts
      49
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by moonshine View Post
      Theres plenty of books on Alien Abductions too (or what Lucid dreamers are more likely understand to be sleep paralysis).

      Does that fact that there's a book = evidence of aliens on Earth?
      I didn't say that his books are "real".... I did say they are awesome! and I also said they taught me a great deal about LDing...


    23. #23
      Looking for you Arutad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      775
      Likes
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
      I didn't say that his books are "real".... I did say they are awesome! and I also said they taught me a great deal about LDing...

      What great deal? I didn't find much... In Art of Dreaming: one RC with your hands and a method to change dream scenes by falling asleep. All the rest either implies magic or is useless. From the useless category: move in dreams by concentrating on something to let it pull you (how limited is that? can't you walk or fly?), try to catch the moment of falling asleep (with no explanations or techniques).

      That's all strictly about LDing that I remember, all the rest was magic. That's not a great deal. Did I miss something?

    24. #24
      Moonshine moonshine's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Gender
      Location
      UK
      Posts
      1,109
      Likes
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by Arutad View Post
      What great deal? I didn't find much... In Art of Dreaming: one RC with your hands and a method to change dream scenes by falling asleep. All the rest either implies magic or is useless. From the useless category: move in dreams by concentrating on something to let it pull you (how limited is that? can't you walk or fly?), try to catch the moment of falling asleep (with no explanations or techniques).

      That's all strictly about LDing that I remember, all the rest was magic. That's not a great deal. Did I miss something?

      Castenada is to lucid dreaming what the four humors are to medical science.
      Lucid Dreams:-
      MILD/DILD: 79
      WILD: 13
      DEILD:13
      (TOTAL: 108 )

    25. #25
      Member MrFantasy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Gender
      Location
      The Universe
      Posts
      143
      Likes
      9
      I had a dream the other day in which I saw and held myself as an infant.
      "Sorrow is nothing but worn out joy."

    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •