• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 4 of 4
    Like Tree2Likes
    • 1 Post By mimihigurashi
    • 1 Post By Hunterkiss

    Thread: Dream Journal Question

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Veteran Second Class
      Hunterkiss's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      LD Count
      68+
      Gender
      Location
      Murfreesboro, TN
      Posts
      72
      Likes
      31

      Question Dream Journal Question

      Is it necessary to write in your dream journal every morning? I did this for about 3 months (on and off for years) until I could remember at least 1-2 dreams per night and have been consistent with this for a couple months now. Now, I only write down lucids (or dreams that are interesting or if I think they have a lot of meaning). I barely even DILD anymore anyway, it always comes down to if I have the time or motivation to MILD, and I have a decent success rate with that. Thoughts or comments?
      Lucids This Month: 3 | Lucids Last Month: 4 | 2015: 3

      Next Goal: Meet my dream guide/subconscious | Last Goal Achieved: Summon lottery numbers

    2. #2
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      519
      Likes
      446
      It's not mandatory.. but it helps maintain a good dream recall, which in turn helps with lucidity. Some people don't write in a dream journal and have lucid dreams regularly, but that's rather uncommon, more for the pros.
      Hunterkiss likes this.

    3. #3
      Member
      Join Date
      May 2014
      LD Count
      4
      Gender
      Location
      The Netherlands
      Posts
      104
      Likes
      46
      Quote Originally Posted by Hunterkiss View Post
      Is it necessary to write in your dream journal every morning? I did this for about 3 months (on and off for years) until I could remember at least 1-2 dreams per night and have been consistent with this for a couple months now. Now, I only write down lucids (or dreams that are interesting or if I think they have a lot of meaning). I barely even DILD anymore anyway, it always comes down to if I have the time or motivation to MILD, and I have a decent success rate with that. Thoughts or comments?
      I'm going a little off topic here but in what way do you use MILD? From your post it seems like you can make the decision of having an LD or not right before going to bed. How did you get it to be so succesfull?

      Responding to your question, I think it differs for everyone. I'd just experiment with it (don't journal for a week) and if you immediately hit a dry spell I'd just try to keep it up. If you continue to LD at a similar rate you could just leave it or do it whenever you feel like it or have had a significant dream.

    4. #4
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Veteran Second Class
      Hunterkiss's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      LD Count
      68+
      Gender
      Location
      Murfreesboro, TN
      Posts
      72
      Likes
      31
      Quote Originally Posted by InnerVision View Post
      I'm going a little off topic here but in what way do you use MILD? From your post it seems like you can make the decision of having an LD or not right before going to bed. How did you get it to be so succesfull?
      Well yes, but it has to be a WBTB after about 6 hours, otherwise it doesn't work. Last month, I used MILD with WBTB 5 times, 2 of which resulted in a lucid dream (so almost 50% success rate). For me, MILD works best with WBTB after about 6 hours of sleep, staying up for about 60-90 minutes, then when I lay back down, I will hold the thought "I will remember I'm dreaming." If I catch myself wandering, I just bring that thought back until I pass out and find myself fully lucid in a dream.

      Quote Originally Posted by InnerVision View Post
      Responding to your question, I think it differs for everyone. I'd just experiment with it (don't journal for a week) and if you immediately hit a dry spell I'd just try to keep it up. If you continue to LD at a similar rate you could just leave it or do it whenever you feel like it or have had a significant dream.
      Thanks, I have found that I can consistently remember 1-2 dreams per night without a dream journal. It seems cooler to a have a lucid dream journal anyway
      Last edited by Hunterkiss; 01-18-2015 at 07:07 AM.
      InnerVision likes this.
      Lucids This Month: 3 | Lucids Last Month: 4 | 2015: 3

      Next Goal: Meet my dream guide/subconscious | Last Goal Achieved: Summon lottery numbers

    Similar Threads

    1. Dream journal question
      By BriannHeart in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 09-21-2011, 01:50 PM
    2. Dream Journal Question
      By IvoryStatue in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 11-17-2010, 05:12 PM
    3. Dream Journal Question
      By lucidattempter25 in forum Dream Signs and Recall
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 11-25-2009, 10:02 PM
    4. Hi! Dream Journal Question!
      By Delirium? in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 05-21-2009, 05:23 PM
    5. Dream Journal Question
      By superlox3 in forum General Dream Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 02-28-2008, 07:19 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •