• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 38
    Like Tree37Likes

    Thread: The ridiculous Trayvon Martin case

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class Referrer Bronze

      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      361
      Likes
      20

      The ridiculous Trayvon Martin case

      It’s a failure of US judicial system. It failed to help the weak side people.

      When it says Zimmerman is not guilty to kill Trayvon Martin, then what Trayvon was? He became an attacker – a threat to other’s life. That’s how a court to turn an innocent man to be a potential life threatener. An unarmed teen on his way to his relative’s house. He now was believed to be a threaten to other’s life. The other one, though proved having original bad will against Trayvon and finally killed him, became victim.

      It indicates that any law abiding citizens should be obedient to unreasonable search (followed, monitored, provoked…). Or he would be killed, if the provoker announced that his life has been threatened.

      This case also would encourage people to use guns in argument because dead people losing their voice in the case.
      Last edited by melanieb; 07-16-2013 at 12:58 AM. Reason: removed tags

    2. #2
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      How do you know what really happened?
      louie54, Marvo and Maeni like this.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    3. #3
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,952
      Likes
      5837
      DJ Entries
      172
      If anything it illustrates the danger inherent in carrying a gun. If you happen to get into a fight that otherwise would have ended with a bloody nose or black eye, once the gun is discovered it instantly becomes a life or death struggle!

    4. #4
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      That's one of the downsides, but think of all of the thugs out there who would totally take advantage of a disarmed law abiding faction of the public. I haven't judged whether Trayvon was a thug or not because I don't know enough about him, but if he was one and knew that only criminals have guns, he would have been likely to not just have a gun in that situation. He would have been likely to pull it.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    5. #5
      Newbie louie54's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Gender
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      1,897
      Likes
      347
      I believe the justice system worked the way it was intended, whether or not you agree with the verdict. Would you rather not give someone a fair trial with a jury to hear his side of the story and examine evidence because you think you know what happened?

    6. #6
      ├┼┼┼┼┤
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Equestria
      Posts
      6,315
      Likes
      1190
      DJ Entries
      1
      My initial reaction to this case, was that Zimmerman was guilty of second degree murder. However, none of us can know for certain what happened, but given the evidence, I support the verdict. Trayvon very likely was not a threat to Zimmerman, and shooting Trayvon was most likely uncalled for, but Zimmerman felt threatened, and that apparently gives him the right to kill. A lot of people seem to be protesting, making the argument that Zimmerman needs to go to jail.
      Zimmerman is not really the villain here though, broken laws and legislation are. That's what people should be protesting against. Zimmerman is only a minor part of all this.
      GavinGill likes this.

      ---------
      Lost count of how many lucid dreams I've had
      ---------

    7. #7
      Sleeping Dragon juroara's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Gender
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      3,865
      Likes
      1171
      DJ Entries
      144
      Yeah, the whole thing is really disturbing. I understand that Zimmerman didn't break any laws - self defense and all thought. Its just disturbing how easy it is to kill a person in this system, because you felt threatened, whether or not your life actually was.

      If people insist on having guns for self defense, then I think they should take self defense classes and learn a thing or two about swinging and blocking punches...

    8. #8
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      831
      The next time I hear a person link Stand Your Ground laws to this case, I'm probably going to backflip off a cliff.
      Oneironaut Zero likes this.
      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    9. #9
      Dreaming SpaceCowboyDave's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2011
      LD Count
      Dunno
      Gender
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      1,505
      Likes
      1756
      None of us know what happened. I don't claim to know who did what and if it was truly self defense. We don't know if, had Zimmerman not had a gun, Martin would have beaten him to death. If someone starts beating the crap out of me at night, I would put a bullet in their chest too. However, the reactions to the decision seem to be ridiculous. The NAACP guy calling it a "Modern Lynching" is an insult to both those who were lynched and the jurors. They made the best decision they good based off of the evidence available. In our justice system one is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. As much as the sensationalists want it otherwise, the fact that Trayvon allegedly threw the first punch, coupled with the lack of evidence on the prosecutor's side in my humble uneducated opinion leads to a free Zimmerman.

      "You Can't, You Won't And You Don't Stop"
      Lucid Goals: [Ask a DC: "Am I dreaming?"] [Ask a DC: "What are you?"]

    10. #10
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,952
      Likes
      5837
      DJ Entries
      172
      Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboyDave View Post
      ... a free Zimmerman.
      We'll see about that. It sounds like our old pal Eric Holder wants to nail him to a tree regardless of the findings of both the jury and the FBI.

    11. #11
      "O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      Oneironaut Zero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Gender
      Location
      Central Florida
      Posts
      16,084
      Likes
      4025
      DJ Entries
      149
      I think the Jacksonville Jaguar's Uche Nwaneri said it best, although over Twitter, so it's just a wall of text:


      ...............................This puts it in perspective. It's what Uche Nwaneri wrote about the verdict on his FB: "Im tired and sleepy, but i will give my two cents on this Not guilty verdict. Let me first say, this was a tragedy. a young kid died because of poor judgement. We will never truly know what happened on that fateful night this much i am sure of. But I will also say that anyone who brings up the race card is not only being irresponsible, but they are also being ignorant to the merits of our justice system. While not perfect, it does state very clearly and without gray area the merits of Murder in this country. George Zimmerman is not an innocent man in this situation. I believe he had no intention of killing this young man when he chose to follow Trayvon Martin. But I also believe that in their conflict which resulted in this young kids death, he made a poor judgment with deadly results. The reason he walked free is because of the INCOMPETENT case brought by the Prosecution. These seekers of "justice" provided no proof of premeditation, and based their entire case off of the sad details and frantic inaudible 911 call during the altercation. In other words, they played with the emotional strings of that court hoping that with an all women jury they could sway a guilty verdict. In this they not only compromised the entire case, they also ignored the fact that by rolling the dice on tragedy of this situation, it was a win or go home situation without compromise. This case was FULL of gray area, and almost completely devoid of any evidence that would indicate premeditated murder. That and that ALONE is why he is a free man. Had they not fallen into the MEDIA trap that DIVIDES THIS COUNTRY AT ITS CORE (RACE) they would have pursued the appropriate charge of MANSLAUGHTER. That would have been an easy win. By definition it was absolutely manslaughter. But a jury cannot convict on that charge because again, the prosecution failed to even fight that battle. So to all those with the typical knee jerk racial epithet reactions, calm down and look at this case from the point of view of lady justice. she sees no color, feels no emotion, and cares not for the opinions of talk show hosts, CNN, FOX news, or any other society dividing juggernauts of influence. She only believes in undeniable FACTS, and unbreakable PROOF BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT. Her ears are all that matters because her eyes are covered. There is no room for gray area in her world. And while she may not be perfect (OJ, GZ, etc) she will only serve justice based on the triumphs of one argument, or on the pitfalls of another. And in this case, the latter has spoken and she has passed judgement accordingly whether we agree or not. We should all just get over the race issue because tomorrow is another day that we must all work next to someone or walk next to someone who may not be the same as us. should we hate them? should we resent them? or should we embrace that your life and your culture is different than mine. We may not always see eye to eye, but thats the beauty of it. Humans will never see it all the same. Ill pray for Trayvons family, as well as Georges because regardless of his freedom, he must live with the guilt and heartache of having extinguished a life, not out of malice, but out of overzealous action backed by what i am sure were positive and protective intentions. And on the other side, a family must now begin to heal and move on with life after the light of one of their loved ones was extinguished in what can really only be called a sad and tragic situation. Uche Signing off..."

      A few points from myself:

      - I agree with the jury's verdict.

      - I don't think the facts in the case were able to contradict Zimmerman's claim of self-defense.

      - I agree that Zimmerman should not have actively pursued Martin, but in doing so he neither did anything unlawful, nor does a watchman tailing you justify a physical confrontation. Simply following a suspicious person, in a neighborhood where break-ins have been frequent, does not automatically make you the instigator of a subsequent fight.

      - I could see the exact same scenario playing out, regardless of color. The only reason this has turned into a race-related issue (aside from media influence) is because of the wide-spread assumption that Zimmerman wouldn't have though Trayvon was a suspicious character, if he had been white. There is nothing to support this. Zimmerman even told dispatch that the guy looked like he might have been on something, and he was wandering about aimlessly in a dark hoodie, early in the dark, and in the rain. (Is there anyone here, who wouldn't find that suspicious, in a neighborhood that has had frequent break-ins? Seriously. Show of hands.)

      - If someone had mounted me, dropping bombs on my face and smashing my head into the concrete while I was screaming for help (if it was, indeed, Zimmerman screaming), I honestly might have shot them, too. Reluctantly, and with no degree of satisfaction, but it might have happened.

      - I was leaning more toward Martin's defense at the start of the case. I've lived near Sanford since I was 13, and I know how color plays a lot into what goes on there. I thought it might have just been another case of 'white wannabe cop shoots unarmed black teen for no reason', but when the facts began coming out, I started seeing things differently.

      - Everyone is advertising the 'Skittles and Iced Tea' element, as if Martin was an innocent schoolboy out for snacks, ignoring the fact that it is 2/3 of the ingredients for Lean (cough syrup-based, intoxicating drink), which Martin was known to have had on occasion.

      - Martin's zeal for fighting in general was pretty damning to the prosecution.


      But what really makes my blood burn, over this whole thing, is the aftermath. I've already read reports of small-scale rioting in LA; random, racially-motivated attacks/beatings by black youths yelling 'this is for Trayvon!'; Jesse Jackson's calling Florida an "apartheid state"; and now, President Obama's (continued) fanning of the flames by saying things like "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon" and "Trayvon could have been me, 35 years ago."

      I feel like this f'cking media circus has set race relations back in this country about 20 years. I also think the fervor was completely manufactured by the media, and not only is it being used as an effective psy-op to divide (and conquer) the nation and distract from other (actually crucial) issues going on right now, but it is also completely playing into the racial stereotypes that actually infuriate bigots the most. I mean, making a national uproar about a racial issue, when there was no real evidence of the incident being racially-motivate in the first place? Whose Bright Idea Was This? You know what it does? It promotes already-bigoted blacks to further hate the "white man" (or 'white-hispanic man', whatever the hell that fabricated piece of literary race-bait means) for (allegedly) profiling and shooting another black youth, as well as promoting already-bigoted whites to further hate the black people who 'just seem to think everything is about race,' and 'just can't seem to 'get over' slavery'.

      To me, every new image I see if the protests, or stories I read about the DOJ looking to try to overturn the verdict (setting precedence for another slippery-slope for our justice system), or "Justice for Trayvon" post I see on FB is a dubious reminder of how easily the actual problems with racism in this country can be shoved under the rug, while counter-productive trash like this only adds fuel to the fire. As a black man in America, it is sickeningly painful to watch.

      It is propaganda at its finest, and if this is the kind of illogical crap we can expect, now that the governmental propaganda ban has been lifted, I think we are all in for a world of sh!t.

      /rant
      Last edited by Oneironaut Zero; 07-20-2013 at 02:49 PM.
      louie54, blahaha, Maeni and 5 others like this.
      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

    12. #12
      Homo sapiens sapiens Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      TimeDragon97's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      LD Count
      4 or 5
      Gender
      Location
      Rochester, NY
      Posts
      268
      Likes
      144
      DJ Entries
      44
      I honestly don't care anymore. Not as much as other people, at least. This was hardly a unique case.

      Zimmerman could not be proven guilty. Everyone is considered innocent until proven guilty. That's the way the system works.

      People want to end racism, crime, etc. So do I, but focusing on this one case and threatening a potentially innocent man isn't going to solve anything.
      Sensei likes this.
      ERROR 404: SIGNATURE NOT FOUND

    13. #13
      Member Woodstock's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      680
      Likes
      599
      DJ Entries
      12
      I just don't understand why, out of all the thousands of murders since then, everyone is still talking about this one. There are a lot of more important things for people to focus on than what the jury decided on one case. I disagree with their decision, but they already decided and all these protests are doing nothing.
      TimeDragon97 likes this.

    14. #14
      Newbie louie54's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Gender
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      1,897
      Likes
      347
      Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaut Zero View Post
      /rant
      Very nice
      Oneironaut Zero likes this.

    15. #15
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,952
      Likes
      5837
      DJ Entries
      172
      Damn O, I wish you were president!!

    16. #16
      "O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      Oneironaut Zero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Gender
      Location
      Central Florida
      Posts
      16,084
      Likes
      4025
      DJ Entries
      149
      Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatters View Post
      Damn O, I wish you were president!!
      Haha. No way. Too much stress (and moral compromise) for me.
      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

    17. #17
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,952
      Likes
      5837
      DJ Entries
      172
      No doubt. Is it telling that Obama identifies not with the protector of the community, but with the suspicious character who was walking "right under the eaves of the houses" and who viciously attacked with murderous intent as soon as he was challenged?
      Last edited by Darkmatters; 07-21-2013 at 04:49 AM.

    18. #18
      Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Deeply immersed in the present moment
      Posts
      1,450
      Likes
      137
      To the OP, what do you mean "the weak side"


      Justice system has always been fucked up, it's just most people don't see it.

      A part of the reason I think he got a not-guilty verdict was because Zimmerman represented Gun-owners. 2 of the Jurors were gun-owners and naturally they would side with the idea that you can shoot someone in self-defense. Murder is not justifiable at all...not even in self-defense. I honestly think these self-defense laws are just an excuse to kill

      Peace and love is the only way your going to beat these people..and its not a black and white thing. The case has gotten so much publicity and attention though, he's done if they get the Federal charges against him and it looks like they will. Gun-owners and hateful people will be pissed off


      You don't kill people in this world..simple as that.
      <Link Removed> - My website/tumblelog

      “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

    19. #19
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      snoop's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      LD Count
      300+
      Gender
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,712
      Likes
      1208
      Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
      To the OP, what do you mean "the weak side"


      Justice system has always been fucked up, it's just most people don't see it.

      A part of the reason I think he got a not-guilty verdict was because Zimmerman represented Gun-owners. 2 of the Jurors were gun-owners and naturally they would side with the idea that you can shoot someone in self-defense. Murder is not justifiable at all...not even in self-defense. I honestly think these self-defense laws are just an excuse to kill

      Peace and love is the only way your going to beat these people..and its not a black and white thing. The case has gotten so much publicity and attention though, he's done if they get the Federal charges against him and it looks like they will. Gun-owners and hateful people will be pissed off


      You don't kill people in this world..simple as that.
      So if someone tries to kill you, the only way to beat those people is to let them kill you? If you are incapable of simply incapacitating them in your self-defense, you should be held accountable for the result of their actions? Now I realize you could say that once you allow killing in self-defense, people will simply bypass trying to incapacitate their attacker and go straight for the kill. But I mean really, who wants to kill someone besides psychopaths/sociopaths? You would have to live with that the rest of your life. Personally, in my community, I would rather have a person that killed someone that attacked them with the intent to end their life living next to me than a person who would kill for much lesser reasons.

      I get your point, it would be nice if we could all live in peace, but there is absolutely no reason you should have to be the one to die if someone attacks you with intent to kill, even if that means killing them.

      In order for a killing to be murder, it must be premeditated. If you were to kill someone in self-defense, you would not be guilty of murder. To murder someone and to kill someone is not the same thing. They are nearly synonymous, but not quite. Murder always implies intent, killing does not.
      louie54 and Darkmatters like this.

    20. #20
      Member Woodstock's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      680
      Likes
      599
      DJ Entries
      12
      Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatters View Post
      Is it telling that Obama identifies not with the protector of the community, but with the suspicious character who was walking "right under the eaves of the houses" and who viciously attacked with murderous intent as soon as he was challenged?
      What made Treyvon more suspicious than George Zimmerman? He wasn't doing anything wrong when Zimmerman started following him. We don't know exactly what happened, so you can't really say Zimmerman was the "protector of the community" and Treyvon was just a "suspicious character". We don't know what either of them were thinking then, exactly why he started following Treyvon, or who attacked first and why, everyone is just guessing and assuming.

    21. #21
      Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Deeply immersed in the present moment
      Posts
      1,450
      Likes
      137
      Quote Originally Posted by snoop View Post
      So if someone tries to kill you, the only way to beat those people is to let them kill you? If you are incapable of simply incapacitating them in your self-defense, you should be held accountable for the result of their actions? Now I realize you could say that once you allow killing in self-defense, people will simply bypass trying to incapacitate their attacker and go straight for the kill. But I mean really, who wants to kill someone besides psychopaths/sociopaths? You would have to live with that the rest of your life. Personally, in my community, I would rather have a person that killed someone that attacked them with the intent to end their life living next to me than a person who would kill for much lesser reasons.

      I get your point, it would be nice if we could all live in peace, but there is absolutely no reason you should have to be the one to die if someone attacks you with intent to kill, even if that means killing them.

      In order for a killing to be murder, it must be premeditated. If you were to kill someone in self-defense, you would not be guilty of murder. To murder someone and to kill someone is not the same thing. They are nearly synonymous, but not quite. Murder always implies intent, killing does not.
      I understand people want to feel safe and protect their life..but NO-ONE is just going to walk up to you and try to kill you for no reason. There's almost always a provocation behind it.

      Peace is the only way to win. The Zimmerman case will only raise the murder rate if people think hey can shoot-or kill in self-defense if they get in a fight or whatever reason. Some people are killing and claiming it was self-defense just to get off like the Michael Dunn guy which is obviously bullshit.


      Either ban guns or get rid of the justice system/law enforcement completely. People would be a lot more careful and respectful of each other if they knew someone could kill you with absolutely no consequences or anyone to stop them.
      Last edited by Majestic; 07-22-2013 at 06:56 PM.
      <Link Removed> - My website/tumblelog

      “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

    22. #22
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      snoop's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      LD Count
      300+
      Gender
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,712
      Likes
      1208
      Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
      I understand people want to feel safe and protect their life..but NO-ONE is just going to walk up to you and try to kill you for no reason. There's almost always a provocation behind it.

      Peace is the only way to win. The Zimmerman case will only raise the murder rate if people think hey can shoot-or kill in self-defense if they get in a fight or whatever reason. Some people are killing and claiming it was self-defense just to get off like the Michael Dunn guy which is obviously bullshit.


      Either ban guns or get rid of the justice system/law enforcement completely. People would be a lot more careful and respectful of each other if they knew someone could kill you with absolutely no consequences or anyone to stop them.
      You're telling me it's not possible for someone insane to go on a rampage and kill totally random people? Not everything happens for a reason, sometimes things happen for no reason at all, or at least reasons beyond your control. If you could possibly defend yourself from death in these circumstances, why is it wrong to do so?

      edit: Also, I agree with your last point, but how would banning guns prove that point? Truth is it doesn't. On the contrary, what would work instead is to force everyone to carry guns. Personally, I can say confidently that I would be okay with that.
      Last edited by snoop; 07-22-2013 at 07:14 PM.

    23. #23
      Homo sapiens sapiens Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      TimeDragon97's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      LD Count
      4 or 5
      Gender
      Location
      Rochester, NY
      Posts
      268
      Likes
      144
      DJ Entries
      44
      Forcing people to carry guns would still be revoking freedoms and would not end well.

      At all.
      ERROR 404: SIGNATURE NOT FOUND

    24. #24
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      snoop's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      LD Count
      300+
      Gender
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,712
      Likes
      1208
      I was just saying that forcing everyone to carry arms would more reinforce the point he was making than to ban them all.

    25. #25
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,952
      Likes
      5837
      DJ Entries
      172
      Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
      What made Treyvon more suspicious than George Zimmerman? He wasn't doing anything wrong when Zimmerman started following him. We don't know exactly what happened, so you can't really say Zimmerman was the "protector of the community" and Treyvon was just a "suspicious character". We don't know what either of them were thinking then, exactly why he started following Treyvon, or who attacked first and why, everyone is just guessing and assuming.
      Zimmerman was a representative of the neighborhood watch, doing his job to protect the neighborhood - a smaller-scale version of the president, who is SUPPOSED to be protecting and looking out for the American people. Martin on the other hand was trespassing - walking not only in the yards, but right up in front of the walls and windows of the houses. I understand it was raining, so that explains why he was probably doing it as well as wearing his hood up, but in any event once you're confronted with a neighborhood watchman who asks you what's your business on this street it's pretty suspicious to attack him, making racist remarks and death threats while bashing his head repeatedly into the concrete - rather than just say "I live nearby, and I know this looks pretty suspicious, being so close up against the houses and all, but it's just to stay dry."

      I see no problem at all with Zimmerman following him, but there's a BIG problem when Martin attacked. And even more so after he broke his nose and got him down on the ground and, rather than leaving, started bashing his skull into the concrete repeatedly while telling him "You're going to die tonight". How is that not suspicious? What is that other than attempted murder? Once somebody's had his nose broken all the fight is generally gone out of him and he's in shock, at that point most real fights would be over. To continue attacking a man who's down and covered with his own blood and bash his head into the street repeatedly is not fighting, it's trying to kill. This kind of behavior isn't suspicious to you?

      Obama said that could have been him - what did he mean by that? That he would most likely have attacked a neighborhood watchman viciously and attempted to murder him while making racist statements and death threats? Because that's what got Martin killed, not jut the fact that he was trespassing through all the yards.

      Though considering Obama's policies I think it does make sense he identifies more with Martin.
      Last edited by Darkmatters; 07-22-2013 at 09:16 PM.

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. The Trayvon Martin Case...
      By Oneironaut Zero in forum Extended Discussion
      Replies: 87
      Last Post: 04-15-2012, 01:55 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •