• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree13Likes
    • 6 Post By Mzzkc
    • 3 Post By Ctharlhie
    • 1 Post By Abra
    • 1 Post By Mzzkc
    • 2 Post By Sageous

Thread: 1 Totally Revolutionary Dream Journal Tech (for the clinically lazy)

The i's are invisible. Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Silver
      LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries

1 Totally Revolutionary Dream Journal Tech (for the clinically lazy)

Does the thought of breaking out a clumsy, old, paper dream journal and putting on some warm, ambient lighting sound too much like "work" to you? How about booting up your computer or mobile device and fumbling around with a crusty, unresponsive keyboard in a pseudo-drunken state?

Personally, I always found those things a bit of a hassle. So, one bone-chilling, sun-bleached day in early February, I thought to myself, "What would make writing notes for my DJ super easy?" Mind you, it couldn't just be "easy," it had to be "move-my-arm-a-bit-and-be-done-with-this-shit easy." Then, as I was walking in public, it hit me: "Well, it'd be great if I could just write on the wall next to my bed--also, why am I talki--holy balls on a toasted wheat sandwich! I've got it!"

#1 Whiteboards are perfect for writing down DJ notes:

Insanity aside, who needs light, or paper, when you've got a fucking whiteboard next to your head?

These things are all about quickly fleshing out transient ideas or notes you don't mind erasing after they've served their purpose. There's a reason whiteboards are frequently used during brainstorming session or when fleshing out complex systems.

Even better, there's no lines to stay inside or even think about (especially if you get a really large whiteboard). And you can write the letters big, if you're so inclined, which makes scribbly-handed translation easy as pie.

Hot, delicious, pie.

Hell, now that my bed-side wall is pimpin' a whiteboard, I don't even have to take off my sleep mask to write down keywords every post-REM awakening. Just a clumsy wave of the arm, followed by some finger twitching, and BAM, instant recall at a later date.

So far, this simple tech has been working so well that I plan to buy some of that fancy whiteboard paint and apply it to all the things. Once I get my own place, obviously.

Yeah, you're welcome.

I don't know if you can tell, but Mzzkc has been reading a lot of Cracked lately. He thought about fleshing this out into a full-on parody, complete with links to source material, and even more pictures with silly captions, but quickly realized that would be harder than simply reading more Cracked articles.

Anybody use a compact digital voice recorder?

I'm even lazier about writing..... unless it's a post to other folks
      Speech recognition software works OK, I hear.,, but i don't want a computer near my sleeping space.

Lucid Elder God Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      non-Euclidean
      DJ Entries
      Dreamboards, are you ready for this shit? Well? Are you?
      Mzzkc, fOrceez and Dark_Merlin like this.
      My Lucid Dreaming Articles/Tutorials:
      Mindfulness - An Alternative Approach to ADA
      Intent in Lucid Dreaming; Break that Dry-Spell, Escape the Technique Rut

Always, no sometimes think it's me,
      But you know I know when it's a dream
      I think I know I mean a yes
      But it's all wrong
      That is I think I disagree

-John Lennon

DJ Entries
      Eww, vertical writing.
      Anthonyyy0 likes this.
      Abraxas

Quote Originally Posted by OldSparta
      I murdered someone, there was bloody everywhere. On the walls, on my hands. The air smelled metallic, like iron. My mouth... tasted metallic, like iron. The floor was metallic, probably iron

Sleeping Early Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

DJ Entries
      I only have a blackboard and neon markers. This may be bit of an issue.

Upside down Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      ~40
      DJ Entries
      Ugh, my handwriting... nope. I wouldn't be able to understand a thing when I go back to read it.

The i's are invisible. Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Silver
      LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Abra View Post
      Eww, vertical writing.
      Seems horizontal when lying horizontally. XP
      fOrceez likes this.

high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      40 + Yrs' Worth
      Here & Now
      Great idea, Mzzkc; Ron Popiel would have been proud. But...

I think if I had a human butler standing beside my bed all night (in a non-creepy way, of course), I would still find some excuse to avoid hoarsely whispering my dream cues so Old Jeeves could jot them down for me. To this day I stand by my decades old affirmation, "Oh, hell, I'll remember it tomorrow," regardless of the fact that that plan pretty much never worked.

Okay, I'm off to Ebay now to see if I can place a bid on a Dreamboard ...

Ctharlhie and Anthonyyy0 like this.

I always keep my labtop right next to me when i sleep, with my dream journal open and ready to go for when i wake up in the middle of the night. I dont even have to get out of bed and can type with my eyes closed, and sometimes im still to lazy to write down my dreams lol
      Although when i do write them immediately after they happen as opposed to the next day, the amount of details i can remember is astounding. But about half the words are spelled wrong lol

LD Count
      +30
      US
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by lucidboy View Post
      I always keep my labtop right next to me when i sleep, with my dream journal open and ready to go for when i wake up in the middle of the night. I dont even have to get out of bed and can type with my eyes closed, and sometimes im still to lazy to write down my dreams lol
      Although when i do write them immediately after they happen as opposed to the next day, the amount of details i can remember is astounding. But about half the words are spelled wrong lol
      LOL I am the same exact way...

Lucid goals: Fight and kill Jacob Black [X], Go trick or treating as a wolf [ ], Help a pack stalk and hunt a large extinct game animal [ ], Play fetch with a DC [ ], Become a shape-shifting spy deployed behind enemy lines [ ], Face and fight off a nightmare as a wolf [X], After transformation look in mirror and really observe every detail about my body [ ]