How do you experience time during a lucid dream? And how accurate do you think you can estimate it?
While browsing through some threads on the forum, one recurring wish of the community is to have longer lucid dreams. And it made me wonder about a few things.

- How accurate do you feel your perception of time is/was when recalling your dream.
Does being lucid influence your perception of time.

- Do you even have a sense of time during a lucid?

- Are 30 min or longer LDs even in our reach if a REM cycle only goes up to 20 min on average? (not sure if I'm right on the 20 min but I hope you understand what I mean)

- Could time controle be the next step in honing your skills as a lucid dreamer?
What I'm asking here is, to what degree can you controle/shape time in a LD?

- Do you think you're bound to the duration of your REM cycle?
Could you lengthen this REM period, or outlast the cycle and continue dreaming if you wish?

I haven't had any lucids yet, but I do remember I had a dream once that in memory seemed like it went on for about half an hour.
But in reality it all took place in the popular 9 minutes of snoozing the alarm.

So apparantly the mind can trick you into thinking/experiencing a very long dream in a matter of minutes. So why couldn't we do the same?

If you could read through this mess of an opening post, please respond with your thoughts and experiences.