• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Spiders... Spiders everywhere...

N̴̴͇̘̖̱̮̗͙͚̥̪͍̘͔͖̪̯̥O̸ ͏̤̠ Frobthebuilder's Avatar
      LD Count
      6͈͇&#

Spiders... Spiders everywhere...

Sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night, I get this weird hallucination where there are spiders, or various other insects of the very large variety all over my bed. I'm not paralyzed or anything, I can just see spiders everywhere. This lasts for about ten seconds. Who else has funny stories like this?

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Referrer Gold Tagger First Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      1000+
      Idaho
      DJ Entries

Exclamation

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!! Finally...seriously...someone like me!

I complain to DV members on IRC and friends in real life about how I wake up at least once a month and see spiders ALL over my bed. I freak out and usually jump out of my bed and run into a wall... ._. I have looked it up on Google and a few other people have something like this. See here.

My theory is that it has something to do with sleep paralysis. I don't really know how to stop it, so I just deal with it. It happens to me fairly often. It is usually spiders, but sometimes other things. It lasts about ten or so seconds for me as well. Do you run out of your bed too? I'm so glad that someone here on DV has the same problem.

Banned
      LD Count
      London
      Once I find this weird vision that had been surrounded by lizards from all around. Actually I have a phobia of lizards.

Member Achievements:
      Populated Wall Tagger First Class 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      300+
      Yes i get the same thing, but only 1 spider, and it always is up on my face or stringing down a web on my face or near my face, i usually move away from it, and once that 5 secs is up the spider disappears. All i know is you have to move your body to make the visions go away. But when i move or shift away it's usually a very fast move i do LOL.

I am a Shade Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points 1 year registered Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Average 2/Week
      In your dreams
      DJ Entries
      I have hallucinations like this sometimes too during the night and i can also move during them... these are much weaker and less realistic than SP hallucinations for me.

I had one where i woke up and noticed my mom sitting on the side of my bed, or in another one sitting on a nonexistant chair close to me... i even started talking to her, but then she disappeared.
      In another one when i woke up i noticed that my TV was on, but when i went to turn it off, i turned it on for real... the first time it was just a hallucination...

These that my TV/monitor are on and that i see someone next to my bed happen often, but i also had one where i've seen a spider or some kind of bug on my bed... :/
      I realize that i'm dreaming.

<--- My Dream Journal Contains ONLY Lucid Dreams

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Referrer Gold Tagger First Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      1000+
      Idaho
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by littlezoe View Post
      I had one where i woke up and noticed my mom sitting on the side of my bed, or in another one sitting on a nonexistant chair close to me... i even started talking to her, but then she disappeared.
      Ahh! That would freak me out. Luckily I have never had people hallucinations..

LD Count
      Quote Originally Posted by Frobthebuilder View Post
      Who else has funny stories like this?
      That doesn't sound fun to me s:
      Mancon likes this.

Executive Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Then you would not like the spider I made last night !
      (Dont try this at home kids)
      Here's how it went, I have been messing around with mantra's, I have been using the RAOM-GAOM one to recall a lost dream at times. I have searched the web for others like Voodoo, Hindu etc: and came up with nothing I can use, So I invented my own.
      Within maybe 3 minutes of it running around in my head it conjured up a spider, A big spider, I mean BIG man! He was red and he came from behind and set his first legs down about 30 fts in front as he stepped over me, I reckoned him to be maybe 75 ft high and about 30 ft up to the first leg joint and he almost covered the football field that I was on in my dream,I was not too thrilled with the results of my handiwork so I wished him off into the cornfield where such critters belong.
      Last edited by woblybil; 05-28-2012 at 10:30 PM. Reason: spelling

I am a Shade Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points 1 year registered Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Average 2/Week
      In your dreams
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Mancon View Post
      Ahh! That would freak me out. Luckily I have never had people hallucinations..
      Yeah, these are definitely creepy like hell... It feels somewhat like that person is a ghost and just disappears suddenly... It freaks me out more since i'm not in SP during these hallucinations and i can't explain them that easily :/

A bunch of spiders would freak me out more though, i think.... but even one was enough to make me jump out of my bed and sleep with lights on

<--- My Dream Journal Contains ONLY Lucid Dreams

LD Count
      Over the rainbow.
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by littlezoe View Post
      Oh my gosh! I would have freaked out and hid under my covers for the rest of the night lol!
      Follow your dreams.

DILD - 50 | DEILD - 3 | WILD - 1 | MILD - 1

Previous Goal: Air bend
      Main Goal: Find my Dream Guide

Spoiler for Goals:

LD Count
      6͈͇&#
      Quote Originally Posted by Mancon View Post
      THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!! Finally...seriously...someone like me!

I complain to DV members on IRC and friends in real life about how I wake up at least once a month and see spiders ALL over my bed. I freak out and usually jump out of my bed and run into a wall... ._. I have looked it up on Google and a few other people have something like this. See here.

My theory is that it has something to do with sleep paralysis. I don't really know how to stop it, so I just deal with it. It happens to me fairly often. It is usually spiders, but sometimes other things. It lasts about ten or so seconds for me as well. Do you run out of your bed too? I'm so glad that someone here on DV has the same problem.
      Originally I would, but I'm more used to it now. I can calm myself down enough not to do anything rash. I just sit up in my bed and stare. And do my best not to touch any of them...

LD Count
      Originally I would, but I'm more used to it now. I can calm myself down enough not to do anything rash. I just sit up in my bed and stare. And do my best not to touch any of them...
      But if you do touch one of them, can you feel it?

LD Count
      6͈͇&#
      Quote Originally Posted by TruMotion View Post
      Hmm, I haven't tried. In fact, that actually seems like the last thing I would do in that situation.
      RommiH likes this.

LD Count
      Hmm, I haven't tried. In fact, that actually seems like the last thing I would do in that situation.
      Heh, that's pretty understandable, mate. I don't want to sound like I'm trying to look all courageous and brave, because I'm not, but I think that if that happened to me the curiosity would outweight the fear, and I'd probably try to touch them

Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      This sounds like one of the best dream signs I have ever heard of, Just tell them they are scaring you and you want them to go away.
      They should go and you just might become lucid if you were not before.

Member Achievements:
      Populated Wall Tagger First Class 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      300+
      Nope, it's just a vision your seeing, i usually try and slap it away lol, it just stood there anyways lol
      Quote Originally Posted by TruMotion View Post

LD Count
      The Dream World
      DJ Entries
      I used to have Exploding Head Syndrom a lot. Not exactly the same thing, but everything would flah red and I could hear horses running outside of my room and it was really loud of course.
      The only similarity is really that I am able to move around during these hallucinations.
      Me, "Why are you crying?"
      DC, "People won't be my friend because I'm ugly."
      Me, "Well I will be your friend... I guess."
      DC, "Ewww no! Your ugly too."

Psychonaut Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

LD Count
      unknown
      Not quite the same thing, but I had a scary dream about spiders the other night. I was in this creepy looking old room - sort of like the house of Skulltula (Zelda fans will get that) - and it was jam packed with spider webs and huge spiders. I was trying to get to the door and my movements resembled those of someone trying to manueuver through one of those laser security grids like in the movies. This lasted a ridiculously long time and I finally just gave up. I charged straight to the door blasting through all the spiderwebs and I lost control of my body due to extreme heebie-jeebies.
      It was scary as hell but I woke up and laughed about it.

Banned
      LD Count
      Counts fingers
      Austin
      DJ Entries
      I think I saw something about this in The Onion the other day....some funny story about people on heroin seeing spiders.

When I was young I had some visualizations like that but my room was plagued with large carpenter ants, about 3/4 inch long, and I would wake sometimes with them on my skin or even biting me (pinch-pinch). That was fairly traumatizing, and it led me to freak out any time something crawled over me or I felt a sensation that woke me from dreaming.

Now that I'm an adult with kids....almost nothing freaks me out, and I don't get these visualizations.

InSaNiTy Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Behind you
      DJ Entries
      Think i only experienced this twice, once was when i was little saw a bat flying towards me (jumped under my bed :p)
      Second time was a few months ago, i saw 2 baby phoenixes sleeping on my bed. This didn't scare me thought for some reason. this lasted 10-15 seconds.

LD Count
      6͈͇&#
      Quote Originally Posted by woblybil View Post
      This sounds like one of the best dream signs I have ever heard of, Just tell them they are scaring you and you want them to go away.
      Uh, not really, seeing as this happens after I wake up.
      RommiH and Mancon like this.

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Nahh,I was going to say something stupid but if spiders scare you its not a laughing matter, My ex was terrified if them, Sorry.

LD Count
      30-40
      I can't tell apart SP and false awakenings, as they happen one after the other.. whichever it is, its kind of creepy seeing/feeling other people in the room and not being able to move

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      1000+
      Idaho
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by woblybil View Post
      This happens in real life AFTER I wake up! xD or I would totally use it as a dream sign.

Quote Originally Posted by wandering
      I can't tell apart SP and false awakenings, as they happen one after the other.. whichever it is, its kind of creepy seeing/feeling other people in the room and not being able to move
      You should do a reality check where you don't have to move after you wake up. There are several different ones you can do:
      1.) Imagine the ceiling sucking you up and believe you will start to float up towards the ceiling. If you do, lucid!
      2.) Try to breathe through your mouth while it's closed.

LD Count
      Many.
      Deutschland
      DJ Entries
      This has been a problem in many people's lives: View topic - Seeing spiders or clusters when I wake up

Also, check this out: http://www.dreamviews.com/f45/false-...9/#post1665662

Jakob
      Mancon likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast