• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

B.C, Canada

Lightbulb A tip on preventing awakening.

A small technique I discovered that can prevent you from fully waking up from a lucid dream when it starts to fade.

If you have had a WILD before you may recognize what I am about to refer to.

When you are on the boarder of sleep, does your imagination ever get really vivid? It continues to get more and more vivid until it replaces any sensation of your waking surroundings and becomes a dream?

Well the same thing happens but in reverse order when you start to wake up from a lucid dream. The dream will get less and less real until it just becomes imagination, and soon you can feel your body again and wake up.

When you are at this stage, and the dream has all but faded and you are only left with a vivid imagination- similar to a clear day dream - don't give up. Continue to engage your imagination of what was just the dream in any way you can. Imagine yourself touching your surroundings, moving around, interacting physically in any way you can.

This will keep your focus away from your bed and your body and anchor it back in the dream, and rather quickly the dream will re-stabilize and come back to its original intensity.

I know it is said that when your dream begins to fade that you should move around and engage it a lot, IE: the spinning technique; but my point here is that even when you are left with only the faintest hazy image of the dream that it is not too late. As long as your focus remains engaged with that hazy image, and you have not fully reconnected with your body, you can cause it to regain intensity until it becomes a dream again.

Picture imagination and dreaming not as separate things, but as gradients of focus for the same thing. The only thing that keeps your imagination from becoming a dream is that you are simultaneously focused on your waking surroundings.

This may be something that many of you already know. I had tried the spinning technique, but I did not realize just how faded the dream could be and yet still be recoverable.

DJ Entries
      Ahh! Very nicely done!!!

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      California
      does this work with regular dreams?

B.C, Canada
      If you have the mind to do so I could work with a normal dream, but I can't imagine consciously doing this when you are about to wake up from a normal dream... because you wouldn't know it was a dream, and therefore wouldn't know that you were waking up or that there was a reason to prevent waking up.

Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Toad View Post
      If you have the mind to do so I could work with a normal dream, but I can't imagine consciously doing this when you are about to wake up from a normal dream... because you wouldn't know it was a dream, and therefore wouldn't know that you were waking up or that there was a reason to prevent waking up.
      Actually, a lot of times you become lucid by the end of the dream. I usually try to do what you explained in the first post, but if I'm unsuccessful then I remain quiet, still and don't open my eyes. Next thing I know I DEILDed back into the dream
      Spoiler for Goals:

Reality Check Police Taromon777's Avatar
      I tried something similar to this a while ago and it worked! I was in a lucid dream and started to wake up, but I imagined that I was still in the dream and walking forwards, feeling the sensation of the floor underneath my feet. Before long I was back in the dream.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by ultimatedood View Post
      does this work with regular dreams?
      well you wouldnt even know its a dream, how could you possibly do anything about it if you arent lucid?
      when i have a lucid dream the first thing I will do isorder a pizza.

PIZZA
      pizza is sacred.