• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Method for Attaining Lucidity

Method for Attaining Lucidity

Hey people,

just wanted to share a lucid experience I had yesterday.

So, first thing, I was taking a midafternoon nap. I had gotten about 7 hours of sleep already, and went back to bed shortly after noon. After waking up briefly from the nap, I rolled over and attempted to use the affirmation technique to attain lucidity by repeating mentally "I am dreaming", however, I added a twist to the method in that I also tried to write the words "I am dreaming" in my mind's eye, or on the back of my eyelids if you will.

I could see the words take shape, and then suddenly I was looking at a picture of a tree, still repeating "I am dreaming". That's when I realized I was dreaming. A quick reality check confirmed my suspicion, and there I was. Dreamland. Awesome.

To summarize:

I used wbtb/ taking a nap,
      I mentally repeated "I am dreaming" and also produced these same words in written form in my mind.
      The images of the words led to dreamscape images.
      I performed a reality check to confirm that I was dreaming.
      Dreamland baby, dreamland.

Just wanted to share a tactic that worked for me,

Happy dreaming everyone.

DJ Entries
      I've been considering this lately. Keep us updated.

Please click on the links below, more techniques under investigation to come soon...

Banned
      LD Count
      Salt Lake City, UT
      Cool, let us know if this gives consistent results as that will help us differentiate this from a simple WBTB to a unique new method.

Hey people,

Alright, this technique worked for me again.

A few things worth mentioning:

First, I tried this method a few times throughout the night and I was too tired to concentrate and / or was not sufficiently rested to enter directly into REM sleep.

Second, I woke up this morning after about 8 hours of sleep, stayed up for about 45 minutes, went back to bed and managed to use this technique to successfully become lucid.

Third, upon becoming lucid, I "fell" backwards on purpose. I was overcome with the vibrations and other effects of SP. A new dreamscape appeared, I did another reality check, and was still lucid.

Fourth, this technique produced several false awakenings. Repeated reality checks produced a chain of five or more subsequent lucids in a row. The same thing happened last time with this technique.

Fifth, I have been doing reality checks regularly throughout the day. Inhaling through a plugged nose is the one that works best for me, and I've been doing it as often as possible, but probably not as much as I could.

This technique is funny, it's a sort of double affirmation. On the one hand I'm repeating the affirmation mentally while simultaneously visualizing the same affirmation spelling itself out letter by letter, scrolling across my mind's eye. The visual part is what ends up turning into the dreamscape, but repeating the phrase "I am dreaming" is what brings me to the realization that I am in fact dreaming. All it takes is a quick reality check and......dreamland.

Winter solstice today people. Lunar eclipse yesterday,

hope some of you have been enjoying the intense energy

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Wow I got to try this. Thanks for the tip
      Fly[- ] Jump from a cliff [ ] Turn into a bird[ ] Make a portal[ -] Summon a weapon[ -] Fight in a huge battle[ ] Have my first LD[X]
      X=Completed [-]=Attempted

You Must Be The Change You Wish To See In The World.
      -Gandhi
      Lucid Dreams:6
      4=DILD
      2=MILD

Haha,

army0193, I noticed in your sig that you hope to fly and breathe underwater while lucid. I did both today using this technique

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Thats awesome
      Fly[- ] Jump from a cliff [ ] Turn into a bird[ ] Make a portal[ -] Summon a weapon[ -] Fight in a huge battle[ ] Have my first LD[X]

-Gandhi
      4=DILD
      2=MILD

Hey everyone,

I tried this method again after about 4 and 6 hours of sleep. I slipped into dreams on both occasions, but did not manage to become lucid.

The second attempt I even had a dream about Arnold Schwarzenneger giving the state of California a lucid mandate. "Visualize blue skies" he was saying from behind a podium.

Too bad I didn't reality check that one.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      I tried this method after getting 8hrs of sleep. I went to bed at 11:00 and woke up at 7:00A.M . I stayed for 45 min on my computer looking at this site. After 45min of this I tried to go to bed but I couldn't picture the words "I am dreaming" going across my eyelids.

-Gandhi
      4=DILD
      2=MILD

Quote Originally Posted by army0193 View Post
      I couldn't picture the words "I am dreaming" going across my eyelids.
      For me personally, visualizing simple shapes like triangles and squares is quite easy any time of day. As such, seeing words spell out letter by letter has proven not too difficult either.

Maybe try visualizing simple shapes while meditating or when you have some time to relax. Later on, see if you can progress to having these shapes become letters.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Ok I will try that. Thanks for the help

-Gandhi
      4=DILD
      2=MILD

Alright,

This method worked for me again today. After about six hours of sleep, I woke up, and did the visualization as well as the audio affirmation in my mind.

Before long I found I was lucid. I had several false awakenings, and several lucids in a row. A few of the lucids were incredibly stable, and seemed to last a long time.

I have actually been trying this method a fair bit over the last several days, but with the stress of the holiday season, it only worked again today finally.

A little story:

in one of my lucids, I told a DC that we were dreaming. He looked at me in shock, and I told him "just plug your nose and see if you can breathe through it". I then had a false awakening, and saw my brother in law. Her looked at me and said "hey, you're dreaming you know". I did a reality check, and dreamland baby!

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Cool!

-Gandhi
      4=DILD
      2=MILD

LD Count
      zero atm
      The Netherlands
      DJ Entries
      awesome!
      really nice to try!

Cool!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ramiel View Post
      awesome!
      really nice to try!
      Thanks a lot guys. I've definitely found a method that works for me quite well. Now, I'm wondering if other people have experiences trying techniques similar to this, or if other people might want to give this a shot and report whether or not it works for them.

Around
      DJ Entries
      I've actually used the "writing" on the back of my eyelids before while doing my mantra, because it helps me keep focus on the mantra itself and not on whatever randomness comes floating through my mind... I'm going to give it a shot when I have the time(things are quite busy right now), and report back. Could take a few days though
      Are you dreaming?

Goals: Get lucid [x] | Get in control [x] | Fly [ ] | Go to Bora Bora [ ]
      In that order!

SKA
      Here, Now
      Nice. Might just be simple enough to work for me.
      I will give this a try the very next time I wake up from a night's sleep.
      Luminous Spacious Dream Masters That Holographically Communicate
      among other teachers taught me

not to overestimate the Value of our Concrete Knowledge;"Common sense"/Rationality,
      for doing so would make us Blind for the unimaginable, unparalleled Capacity of and Wisdom contained within our Felt Knowledge;Subconscious Intuition.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      ill give this a try either tonight or during a nap mid-day and report back. thanks!

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Sadly this technique doesn't work for me.

-Gandhi
      4=DILD
      2=MILD

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Hey, nice strategy. I'm hoping to try it myself.

How long does it usually take for you to start dreaming after you lie down? Do you just lie down and do your strategy for a few minutes, or does it take longer than that? Even an estimate would be really helpful.

Do you repeat the phrase "I am dreaming" through your mind in your own voice?

Lastly, do you actually see a dream as it is forming, or do you black out and "wake up" in dreamland?

Thanks if you can answer these questions. As for me, I will try to contribute to this thread by trying this for myself. I highly doubt it will work for me, even though I know that not having confidence in yourself can cause failure. Well, no way to find out until I try it for a couple of nights.

Hi Clairvoyance,

to begin, this method does happen very shortly after I lie down. So far it has worked three times, and every time I am only doing the double affirmation for no more than five minutes. Unfortunately I don't have a lot more time than that to dedicate to lucid dreaming, and sleep is too valuable to me.

Second, yes, I do repeat the "I am dreaming" affirmation in my own voice.

Third, I do not think I see the dream form. I know that the dream forms as a result of my visualizations, however, I must black out because it seems that all of a sudden I find myself in a dream, and am saying to myself "I am dreaming". I do a reality check (which I have been doing throughout waking life fairly regularly), and there it is. A lucid dream.

I'm not entirely sure, but it seems that as I watch the words form in my mind, my eyes move around to try and read the words that are forming, which "tricks" my body into entering REM sleep. I think this might be happening, but again, without another party to observe, can not be sure. However, this is what my intuition tells me is partly occurring.

I should mention that this morning I tried this method to no avail, however, throughout the night I tried several DEILDs which are very effective in my experience and those did not work either.

Sadly this technique doesn't work for me.
      Thank you for at least trying. Keep this method in mind though, it works well for me.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
      Thank you for at least trying. Keep this method in mind though, it works well for me.
      I will try it again soon because I only tried it once and you can't expect immediate results all the time.

-Gandhi
      4=DILD
      2=MILD

Around
      DJ Entries
      First try this morning: I think this technique might actually have a lot of potential... I got up for a toiletbreak, got back in bed and did the technique. Had a really vivid FA in which I thought the technique wasn't working, got up, and went about my morning:p Sadly enough, failed to recognize it, that's what you get for not RC'ing when waking up all the time

But it's looking good, more news whenever I have time again!
      Are you dreaming?

Goals: Get lucid [x] | Get in control [x] | Fly [ ] | Go to Bora Bora [ ]
      In that order!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayanizz View Post
      First try this morning: I think this technique might actually have a lot of potential... I got up for a toiletbreak, got back in bed and did the technique. Had a really vivid FA in which I thought the technique wasn't working, got up, and went about my morning:p Sadly enough, failed to recognize it, that's what you get for not RC'ing when waking up all the time

But it's looking good, more news whenever I have time again!
      I too had a FA at least one time using this technique. However, because of mentally repeating "I am dreaming" I did a RC and became lucid.

This is what I like about the method: the visual affirmation becomes the dreamscape, the auditory affirmation let's me know I'm dreaming.

Also, excellent try Ayanizz, I hope you have better luck next time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast