• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The Repeated Message Technique (RMT)

Colony 9
      DJ Entries

The Repeated Message Technique (RMT)

Once upon a time one of my teachers told us a way to stop become distracted when doing homework. It was invented by Albert Einstein (I think). When you do homework, you write on a paper in very large letters 'That Will Not Distract Me'. when you do homework, and you see that TV sitting in your room, or that awesome book you want to finish, or your cell-phone/home phone, read that paper and continue your work ignoring the need to watch the tv, call your friends or find out your favourite character dies in the story.

The same thing can apply for Lucid Dreaming, and thus The Repeated Message Technique was born. Here are the steps for preforming The Repeated Message Technique

1) Write on your paper in very large letters in Black Markers your mantra. Example:

Tonight I Will Lucid Dream

2) Find something to do and place that paper near you.

3) Whenever you realize you arent thinking about lucid dreaming (mainly for ADA-DILD technique preformers) look at the paper.

4) *optional* Think of other times when it would be appropriate to look at the paper. Example: When you get distracted from doing homework.

5) Continue doing this until lucidity and you have found each other.

This technique works by repeatedly giving you the same message over and over again, telling your brain to do what it says. And, as backup to what i said, i have links to how to do the 'Einstein Distraction Index'

» Albert Einstein’s Distraction Index Drill Concentration Exercises

The video does not work in the next link because the youtube member who made the accounts account has been terminated

Einstein Distraction Index: A Method of Deep Focus | The Invisible Mentor

Please post if it helped you at all. Thank you.
      Last edited by Puffin; 07-03-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Formatting.
      LucidRaider and Linkzelda41 like this.

North Carolina
      DJ Entries
      Sounds promising, I might try it sometime

Dont Fight The Music

Banned
      We call this a mantra here at DV

Colony 9
      DJ Entries
      -.-

lolol

its a different way to use the mantra? Einstein invented it xD

DJ Entries
      OR you could do what I do and write it on your hand.

Then it's with you wherever you go.

Basically just a reminder?

Colony 9
      DJ Entries
      yea pretty much, i remembered what my teacher said and decided that it would help you lucid dream, so i posted it.

Existential Hero Achievements:
      25000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Populated Wall Veteran First Class Referrer Gold
      <span class='glow_008000'>Linkzelda</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      210+
      Texas
      DJ Entries
      I will try this out tonight, thanks! Hopefully I'll get my first LD with this :3

Colony 9
      DJ Entries
      ur welcome, please post results

Is any of this for real? Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      ∂яєαмℓαи∂...
      DJ Entries
      Hehehe i like this. Subconscious Communication techniques are great.
      ~ wonk uoy naht noitceffa erom deen I ~

25000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Populated Wall Veteran First Class Referrer Gold
      LD Count
      210+
      Texas
      DJ Entries
      (I know this comment is a bit long but this is my results and what I did before I slept) Okay, I did this thing to the MAX man. I got my sharpie and wrote that bad boy up. Every time I was watching a video and did something like laughing or just go SO into something, I would look at the message "TONIGHT I WILL LUCID DREAM." I folded a printer paper in half though, and wrote the message. (Maybe I should use the WHOLE page lol). Anyway, it didn't work for me last night....

BUT...BUT when I woke up from being pissed from not having a dream (I've had a dry streak for a couple of days now)....

I decided to be smart (since when I was awake, it was probably 2-3 A.M.-ish at least (and that wouldn't be a night-time (maybe) ), and covered the "TONIGHT" part of the whole message you suggested to me. I just quickly glance over it thinking in my head "I will Lucid Dream" instead of using "Tonight" as the beginning medium.

I even repeated it in my head for a few times and went to sleep. After a while I was in a non-lucid dream (THANKS SO MUCH FOR breaking my dry streak <3 ), I'll post it as a DJ entry of the rest of it, but I'll give you a short overview of it, even though what I remember was short (in bold), (Not dreaming in regular text)

After experiencing my mother going through a bipolar mode (weird lol) from mad to trying to suck up to me for being angry at me, I see my father resting on his bed (he's not here at the moment, he's at some temporary vacation somewhere...I could've used that as a reality check! grrr!!!) Then another part of the dream came up where I was sitting down As I'm sitting down, my father is asking me if I got an e-mail from a college I'm going to this August (Texas A&M University at College Station). It's been something we've been looking on for a while on, personal things that will benefit me ;p.

Anyway, as he is questioning me, I see he points out something in a paper on a table to me, then he gets more aggressive for some reason and starts choking me. (end of dream) I get VERY SCARED, because I'm FEELING him CHOKING ME. I think I even tried to fake choking combined with that sound we make (like trying to gargle with no liquid inside our throat). When I made that sound, I woke up. I was going "DAMN IT!!!!!!!" I WAS THIS CLOSE FROM BECOMING LUCID MAN, THIS CLOOOOSE!! (sorry for my small rage).

I know that in a lucid dream, you don't really feel pain, but I think my mind was trying to manifest the feeling of pain, so maybe that was its logic coming trying to fill in the gap to this abnormal phenomena. But WOW, I finally get a dream after my 2-3ish dry streak. This method looks very promising, but I believe you should look at this guide for some tweaking.

You see, the "WILL" in that message implies future, the guide I'm going to show you incorporates present tense, which seems logical since it can eliminate our mind's tendency to play mind games with us and give us something at some random time. (You know what I mean?)

(SERIOUSLY, reading this is worth your time, please forgive me if this suggestion offends you in ANY way, I don't want to be a trouble to anyone at DV )Here is the link, Tutorial for Saying a Mantra - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

I'm going to try and write a present tense message really quick, (since I woke up from this dream) and decided to post my result now. I thought I was going to give you a short overview, but I really just said everything I remembered in the dream haha.

Again, I'm looking forward to doing this method more, with the guide I mentioned above, because it's MILDing to the next level (as my friend who informed me of this site said). I'm going to simply write "I LUCID DREAM" instead of a future root that might make my mind play tricks on me. Anyway, I hope I sleep with this new mentality because I hope I continue this same dream again (because I've been having some twisted mindsets towards my father recently) and hopefully accomplish lucidity for the first time.

Even if I don't sleep, (It's like 7:27 AM as I'm typing this when I woke up around 6:30 AM) I'm looking forward to doing this tonight.

Anyway, those are my results, I will continue to do this method combined with the suggestion on how to say a mantra (I do apologize if that link I suggested to you offends you) but it really has some sense to it, and if I just utilize your guide with it, OOOH I better go sleep right now haha. Wish me luck
      Last edited by Linkzelda41; 07-03-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Adding a few words
      gameoverlord345 likes this.

Colony 9
      DJ Entries
      Nah, the link didn't offend me, its helpful Thanks for the feedback and your welcome for breaking the dry spell. I'm gonna see if i can still edit my post and take out the 'will'

EDIT: i can't :/

RE-EDIT: fixed

RE-RE-EDIT: soooooooooooooooomebody PUFFIN! decided that she would de strike the word
      Last edited by gameoverlord345; 07-03-2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: because i felt like it :mad:

LD Count
      210+
      Texas
      DJ Entries
      No problem, glad to help I didn't get to sleep right after, which was something to avoid now that my REM cycle is basically over. But I'll have this new paper with me with the words "I LUCID DREAM" (I might write on my hand instead once I get a few LDs) I hope more people try this, it's simple, and it literally RAPES your brain into creating the possibility of a Lucid when you sleep. Talk about playing mind games back at your brain eh? xD

I'll post more results if you don't mind me doing.

Oh a thought just came up, you could also suggest "I BECOME AWARE I LUCID DREAM" as another mantra for people who have difficulty with DILDs (Like me) I think I might do that instead to see how it works out xD
      Last edited by Linkzelda41; 07-03-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Colony 9
      DJ Entries
      You can write anything on that paper, just your average mantra. And yes, it does rape your brain, if Einstein created it, than, guaranteed it will work

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class Created Dream Journal Referrer Silver 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

DJ Entries
      This is why I love Einstein.

Colony 9
      DJ Entries
      lol

there are better scientists though

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class Created Dream Journal Referrer Silver 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

DJ Entries
      Stick pieces of paper saying "I will lucid dream tonight" all over the house so you can see the message everywhere.

Colony 9
      DJ Entries
      um........ my mom will go WTF

and my dad

and my bro

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by gameoverlord345 View Post
      lol

there are better scientists though
      A man named Richard Feynman did some lucid dreaming research while he was around.

LD Count
      210+
      Texas
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by ThePieMan View Post
      Stick pieces of paper saying "I will lucid dream tonight" all over the house so you can see the message everywhere.
      LOL, That's not a bad idea to be honest with you xD

Colony 9
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by MBA42 View Post
      A man named Richard Feynman did some lucid dreaming research while he was around.
      cool

LD Count
      210+
      Texas
      DJ Entries
      I had a mess load of non-lucid dreams last night and this morning. Crazy, but they were really short though, but then again my idea of "short" might be a novel to some of you guys. I'm starting to like this method, I'm starting to get my Huge dream recall back again.
      gameoverlord345 likes this.

Colony 9
      DJ Entries
      cool, i havent been able to use this method what with all the family coming in the same room im in so i have to hide the paper b4 they go WTF

LD Count
      210+
      Texas
      DJ Entries
      LOL, I hear you my friend. I was going to ask you if you were doing it. I can't wait for tonight I have a huge dream recall, but just not a better awareness :/

Colony 9
      DJ Entries
      Try ADA.

LD Count
      210+
      Texas
      DJ Entries
      YESSSSS!!! I finally had a lucid DREAM. Check out my Diary Journal School then FIRST LUCID DREAM!! - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

When I was tardy to class again (I was never tardy to class before, and I already graduated from High School) , my mind just suddenly said the mantra I wrote on paper and looked over a lot ( I BECOME AWARE I LUCID DREAM). Then after saying that a few times, I say "I am Lucid Dreaming."

It was a short lucid, but to you it may not be because what I wrote was a novel and the non-lucid dreams before that were novels as well lol.

I'll try out ADA, don't know what it is, but I'll use that handy search bar on top of DV :p

I'm SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW :
      gameoverlord345 and Kristijan like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast