• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

LD Count
      USA
      DJ Entries

My thoughts on the dream realm due to an experience.

So I won't post a long post here, I just wanted people here to read this Dream Journal entry and comment here. I find my thoughts interesting as I keep questioning myself about the experience. A WARNING: The linked post is a lot longer than a regular post, so read only if your interested on different ideas on what dreaming is! This won't be a spiritual discussion about religion, about what I had (Being an OBE/Astral/Lucid), since it could all be just a dream that means nothing. If I do not respond to this after Halloween then I just probably foreshadowed my death (Not supposed to be a suicidal note, or anything please don't blow this out of proportion.) Don't be alarmed about that, nor be alarmed that I am an internet troll going to prank the site, I wouldn't not due that. Please respond here, and not on the DJ entry. Thanks for reading, happy Halloween!
      To do Checklist: Teleport [] Create an object out of air [] Car chase [] Shoot fire out of my hand []
      When we are dreaming alone it is only a dream. When we are dreaming with others, it is the beginning of reality. ~Dom Helder Camara

LD Count
      100+
      California
      DJ Entries
      Hmm, that's some pretty great things you noticed. I am also one who likes to understand things and be in control, in a sense. When we say we have something that can explain an experience, we can never really be sure if it's correct for everyone else. It may make perfect sense to us, and even others, but could be wrong in the end. I used to smoke a lot of weed and chased altered states of consciousness all the time, but I've found that that had a negative effect on me, for my age. So I've stopped chasing these everyday and have stopped smoking weed for a while. I'm trying to practice mindfulness and just enjoy the simpler things in life, which is a bit difficult, since when I go outside, I don't see trees and streets, I just see fractal patterns everywhere. In time though, I will start chasing the altered states again until my curiosity is filled, and I have a guess that it's going to be an extreme amount of knowledge and experiences to fill my curiosity. My next lucid I'll try to just notice the sounds and things, my control isn't very great yet.

LD Count
      USA
      DJ Entries
      I have made the dream journal entry for the actual dream here.

I would also like to ask if anyone has heard a radio, or listened to one in their lucid dreams before, not a regular dream, but a lucid one. What was it like? What did you hear, and what kind of meaning do you think it had?
      To do Checklist: Teleport [] Create an object out of air [] Car chase [] Shoot fire out of my hand []
      When we are dreaming alone it is only a dream. When we are dreaming with others, it is the beginning of reality. ~Dom Helder Camara

LD Count
      100+
      California
      DJ Entries
      I'd read the entry now, but I'm going to sleep. I'll do my best to listen to a radio if I'm lucid tonight.

IL, USA
      Sounds like a cool experience. I can't say I think you had any sort of supernatural experience as I'm of the opinion that anything that fits in the 'Beyond Dreaming' forum is wishful thinking. That said, we want our dreams to be as vivid an interesting as possible, and that sounds like it was really vivid.

LD Count
      USA
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Velzhaed View Post
      Sounds like a cool experience. I can't say I think you had any sort of supernatural experience as I'm of the opinion that anything that fits in the 'Beyond Dreaming' forum is wishful thinking. That said, we want our dreams to be as vivid an interesting as possible, and that sounds like it was really vivid.
      Thanks for the imput! Yea I think the same thing with Lucid dreams. That any supernatural experiences are kind of sensationalized from what they really were.