• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree4Likes
    • 2 Post By Abra
    • 1 Post By stormcrow
    • 1 Post By Artelis

Thread: How GMO foods alter organ function and pose a very real health threat to humans

LD Count
      Florida
      DJ Entries

Exclamation How GMO foods alter organ function and pose a very real health threat to humans

Saw this video today, Monsanto is a very real threat please take just a few minutes of your time to watch this. if you think it needs to be known please share it as well!! thank you blessed be.

How GMO foods alter organ function and pose a very real health threat to humans - NaturalNews.tv

DJ Entries
      Eh, the reason I think GMOs suck (at the moment) is not due to any supposed health risk, but because they're patented organisms. Monsanto can sue neighboring farms because their shit soy crossbred from wind pollination to produce hybrids.

Your video sucks.
      "oh god we're eating information!!!"
      What foods don't contain DNA and RNA?
      And it has these really ignorant shock images, syringes stuck right into an apple or corn. That's just not how it's done...

Also, you're blanketing. One bad gene on a single GMO does not imply all GMOs are bad. And fuck, every domestic food and grain you eat (spoiler: all of them) is genetically modified. Just, by artificial selection. You're still fucking with genes, just using randomly appearing mutations (as opposed to planned ones). If anything, in the future GMOs will be more nutritious, more productive, more resistant to pests...

So fuck you your ignorance and your fear-mongering shit thread.
      Last edited by Abra; 07-27-2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: the mod eyes are everywhere
      Artelis and Marvo like this.
      Abraxas

Quote Originally Posted by OldSparta
      I murdered someone, there was bloody everywhere. On the walls, on my hands. The air smelled metallic, like iron. My mouth... tasted metallic, like iron. The floor was metallic, probably iron

LD Count
      About 1 a week
      Cirith Ungol
      DJ Entries
      Of course GMO's are big business and although many molecular biologists and geneticists are trying to improve humanity, the biotech companies that employ these scientists (fund their research) are for the most part motivated out of maximizing profits.
      I would imagine that this is in part a big contributor to the distrust of Biotech companies, whom I am not trying to defend; I only wish to defend the idea of GMO research. The research goes well beyond food consumption.

Proteins from Bacillus thuringiensis (bt) are used as a biological pesticide killing harmful pests while preventing the need to spray fields with chemical pesticides which are harmful to human health and the environment. And whats more, all of this increases yield production.

Higher crop yields decrease the necessity for agricultural expansion which can contribute to ecological preservation. Drought resistant crops (which require less water than "natural" crops) would help feed people in inhospitable environments.

I could go on and on but the point is the benefits strongly outweigh the objections to GMO's which are predominately ill-informed, anti-scientific, propagandist and generally have a pernicious effect on the public's understanding of science and the application of bio-technology to increase human and ecological prosperity.

Also your link was bullshit try google scholar or pubmed next time for actual peer-reviewed sources; then we can debate about the "adverse health risks" of consuming GMO's.
      Last edited by stormcrow; 07-27-2012 at 08:29 PM.
      Abra likes this.

Banned
      nope
      Quote Originally Posted by Abra View Post
      Eh, the reason I think GMOs suck (at the moment) is not due to any supposed health risk, but because they're patented organisms. Monsanto can sue neighboring farms because their shit soy crossbred from wind pollination to produce hybrids.

Your video sucks.
      "oh god we're eating information!!!"
      What foods don't contain DNA and RNA?
      And it has these really ignorant shock images, syringes stuck right into an apple or corn. That's just not how it's done...

Also, you're blanketing. One bad gene on a single GMO does not imply all GMOs are bad. And fuck, every domestic food and grain you eat (spoiler: all of them) is genetically modified. Just, by artificial selection. You're still fucking with genes, just using randomly appearing mutations (as opposed to planned ones). If anything, in the future GMOs will be more nutritious, more productive, more resistant to pests...

So fuck you your ignorance and your fear-mongering shit thread.
      can I have you over for dinner with my brother?
      Abra likes this.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Artelis View Post
      can I have you over for dinner with my brother?
      Depends, what's your brother like and what's on the menu. :V
      Abraxas

Quote Originally Posted by OldSparta
      I murdered someone, there was bloody everywhere. On the walls, on my hands. The air smelled metallic, like iron. My mouth... tasted metallic, like iron. The floor was metallic, probably iron