• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Clear Light Perspective

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Many and beyond
      Dominical
      DJ Entries

Lightbulb Clear Light Perspective

In my waking state I have been doing a sort of perspective shift through meditation. As I go about my day I take my perspective or consciousness and place it into the food I'm preparing, my pets, my children.... and I try to see what the world looks like through their eyes. I use my dream consciousness to shift my perspective in waking life and know that I can see the situation from any of these perspectives because they are me they all came from my subconscious to create the dream. For Example: To be the consciousness of a carrot. You fill your mind with the essence of the carrot. Know that you came from the ground, that you are a brilliant orange and how the color orange makes you feel, happiness, creation. As the carrot I feel grounded and bright like I stand out visually after taken from the dark nurturing mother earth. I feel like I have clear vision (carrots are good for my eyes). I take pleasure in knowing that so many people enjoy my simple sweetness and I love to be admired in a sea of other veggies that are also for filling our journey and purpose to be consumed and our energy to be filtered through multiple other perspectives that will once again be birthed through mother earth. I do this same technique through the day with just about anything that strikes my thought to do so.
      The idea of shifting my consciousness came to me in a dream I had of a lighthouse and I became the light with in the light house and all that the light touches. The most eyeopening dream of my life but now they are happening more often. What I have come to notice is in my dreams of late have been very scattered then I realized it's because I'm seeing the same dream from multiple perspectives at the same time. The clear light dream of the lighthouse and the light dreams I have had since are telling me that perspective is the key to understanding everything. Becoming the perspective of light is clarity. Our dreams are a gate to understanding and practicing in a free of ego state that allows multiple perspectives within the same consciousness simultaneously.

high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      40 + Yrs' Worth
      Here & Now
      "Brilliant" post, Lidybug! I hope many, many dreamers read it, and pay attention to it.

I'd like to add just one more thing, though: This exercise will not only open doors to understanding "everything," but more important it might help you deeply understand your Self, and for me a powerful sense of Self is key to fully grasping who you are and what your presence in, well, everything, really means.

That lighthouse dream was downright archetypical -- I am glad it "worked" with you, and that you paid attention to it. I hope its essence remains a foundation for your explorations for a very long time.

Enjoy your future discoveries...

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Many and beyond
      Dominical
      DJ Entries
      I was so excited to see a reply to my post! Thank you so much for taking the time to read and share your thoughts. I believe that interacting and sharing insights is profoundly significant in expanding ourselves and in turn everyone and conciousness as whole. Its interesting you brought up archetypes because they have been coming up alot for me and I had not thought of the lighthouse as an archetype. You r right on with that observation thank you for your brilliant spark of insight!!
      StephL likes this.

DJ Entries
      Beautiful. I would add identification to perspective. If I identify myself as my ego, it limits my experience. If I identify with everything it opens the door to expanded awareness.
      lidybug likes this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Many and beyond
      Dominical
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by roswell View Post
      Beautiful. I would add identification to perspective. If I identify myself as my ego, it limits my experience. If I identify with everything it opens the door to expanded awareness.
      Yes! I experienced this today while on a road trip. I was the passenger in the front seat and with everything I saw, the man on the bike, the bird on a wire, the bus driver, the dog on the front porch of a house, the clouds in the sky. I just let my conciousness wonder into each of these perspectives and it was beautiful I felt UNLIMITED (i started to write unlimited in lower case then realized that is the point you made above). Amazing!!! Life is unfolding before me like MAGIC!
      Keitorin likes this.

San Antonio, TX
      DJ Entries
      woah.....your post is full of clear light!

Very inspirational and something for all the beyond dreamers to try. Though I didn't think a carrot would be so happy to be consumed, lol

DJ Entries
      When my son David was about 10 years old we were driving down the road when he said to me "Do you ever see yourself from somewhere else?"

I've had OBEs but I didn't think that was what he meant.

"Like what?" I asked him.

"Like that car in front of us, I can see us from that car."

"You can see us?"

"Sure, can't everyone do that?"

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Many and beyond
      Dominical
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by roswell View Post
      When my son David was about 10 years old we were driving down the road when he said to me "Do you ever see yourself from somewhere else?"

I've had OBEs but I didn't think that was what he meant.

"Like what?" I asked him.

"Like that car in front of us, I can see us from that car."

"You can see us?"

"Sure, can't everyone do that?"
      Love it! I can't wait to have conversations with my girls like that! I grew up in a family where it was by no means OK to talk about such things with out sounding like I was crazy and forced to see a councilor. It is awesome that he can talk to you about things outside the box!

LD Count
      Lost on the Way...
      DJ Entries
      This idea is also mentioned in "24 Hour Lucid Dreaming." It is part of the way to be fully conscious and lucid in real life. It is an excellent technique that any serious lucid dreamer or projector should use.
      - DreamBliss
      lidybug, SilverJay and BlueKat like this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Many and beyond
      Dominical
      DJ Entries
      Thank you DreamBliss I will check that out!

LD Count
      Wuustwezel, Belgium
      DJ Entries
      Woah awesome!! I remember my friend Caro telling me about something similar she does but she can't control it. She'll be going about her day, walking somewhere, and suddenly she'll be a few feet behind herself, watching herself, while still being completely conscious of what her body's doing.
      She'll be talking to me and seeing herself talk to me at the same time, and then tell me about it when it's over.
      Spoiler for Dream Goals:

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Many and beyond
      Dominical
      DJ Entries
      MissLucy, Fascinating! I've heard of this happening to other people as well.

DJ Entries
      How would you go about doing this? I've been trying to increase self awareness, but nothing has worked yet.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Many and beyond
      Dominical
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Amandaceline View Post
      How would you go about doing this? I've been trying to increase self awareness, but nothing has worked yet.
      I first started meditating before I went to sleep by counting my breaths. Do you meditate now? This is what I believe for me was one of my first steps to becoming self aware. Even if only for a few seconds while doing a reality Check... Be in the moment aware of your breath, that you are a alive and looking out your eyes seeing the world. Realize that you are the observer experiencing your surroundings.
      To put my consciousness in to other objects I clear my mind by focusing on my breath. I then think of the object and describe it but from the "I AM" perspective. If I wanted to focus on the soap bubbles on the dishes i'm washing I would clear my mind take a few deep cleansing breaths (while I continue to wash the dishes) then focus on a soap bubble... I am reflective, I feel the gentle touch and gathering of others much like myself varying in size. I see hues of various colors reflecting back rainbows that feel like part of my essence. I know that I am forever changing and part of a greater whole that is working toward a single purpose. I am powerful in my simplicity and beauty as I carry away all that no longer serves. I feel complete in my mission as I slide down into a black hole. I know that I go on and transform being recycled into new energy. Once again I will present myself in a new form, experiencing again in the greatest good of all that is.
      Just start off slow even if you can only focus for a few seconds at first you will over time build experience and that experience will become part of who you are forever evolving into a greater you.
      If you have more questions or this was not exactly the answer you where looking for please let me know I would love to help anyway I can!
      Last edited by lidybug; 03-23-2012 at 06:25 PM.
      yost, StephL, Quilly and 1 others like this.

LD Count
      Missouri
      DJ Entries
      BRILLIANT! I am surprised that this thread is not more popular. I over looked this before (Sageous linked here when talking about self awareness) I told myself I would read it later but forgot. I hit a small hiccup in my lucidity so I went back to the basics and finally gave this a read over. I love it. I'll admit I was a little put off at first but after thinking about it I can see how it would be helpful. I have often thought about what it would be like to be someone else and see the world through their eyes and feel there emotions. It gives you a real sense of empathy. I blogged about it in the past but it was not.... well... no one got it. I actually got negative feed back which was disappointing. I thought maybe I was just crazy so I let it go.

Also, I want to mention that I had a somewhat similar idea just today when I was considering how I could improve my self awareness. I started imagining a type of other entity like a silent observer that is more like a part of my self or an extension of my consciousness than anything else. This "silent observer" gives me the feeling of being watched by... my self... and causes me to be more self aware. I know that sounds really creepy but it seems give me that sense of self awareness without much distraction during the day. The problem is, it is really hard to hold it for very long. What are your thoughts on this?

Anyway I think I will alternate your clear light perspective with my silent observer idea and see how it goes.

Edit: I just noticed how old this thread is. Is this still something you practice? If so how is it going?
      Last edited by Xanous; 09-19-2012 at 01:29 AM.
      Ctharlhie and Sageous like this.
      "Oh, and everything is not what it seems
      This life is but a dream"
      Breakers Roar by Sturgill Simpson

Banned
      Ive done this my whole life but I never made a correlation to dreaming. There are times when I concentrate on it and it can feel like I left my body. Very cool stuff. Im glad this thread got resurrected!
      Xanous likes this.

Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      40 + Yrs' Worth
      Here & Now
      Maybe this time the thread'll get a little further, adding some meat to this very interesting concept.

Or will it? After all, threads that lack the terms "SP," "Dream-sharing," or which don't discuss the latest "ILD," don' seem to get very far.

Kind of sad.
      Xanous likes this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Many and beyond
      Dominical
      DJ Entries
      Yes I do still practice. It is much like a silent observer very often watching how I'm reacting to situations it helps to keep me emotionally detached from an egotistical response. So no that does not seem creepy to me at all. Something new thatim doing is taking any givin situation that I'm involved in in the moment and breaking into pieces. For example: the room I'm sitting in is dimly lit ( I am not fully engaged with the possibilities of the day ahead of me as of yet). I am in my kitchen sitting in a wooden chair with my legs drapped over the neighboring chair. (I feel supported, relaxed and confident about the day ahead). Morning light is filtering in from the sun room only a glance away. ( nature and promising possibilities are mine if I choose to make them. ) I could keep going down to the clothes I'm wearing, the sounds im hearing, and the rythem of my breath.
      Thank you for sharing your thoughts and providing me the opertinity this morning to share mine. Much Love.... Nicole
      StephL and BlueKat like this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Many and beyond
      Dominical
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Chimpertainment View Post
      Ive done this my whole life but I never made a correlation to dreaming. There are times when I concentrate on it and it can feel like I left my body. Very cool stuff. Im glad this thread got resurrected!
      Would u mind sharing some of your experiences I am very interested!

Banned
      One thing in particular that I do: There are moments of experience that everyone has which may include facial expressions, body movement, tonal inflections in speech, that I replay in my head.
      I have a deep interest in human experience moment by moment. This fascination has led me to study body language, and all kinds of psychology. Anyway, in this experiential moment, lets take a facial expression for example. In my head, I will replay it, then slow it down and watch in slow motion. Most of the time it corresponds with something else being experienced simultaneously like a feeling or sound. So as I am seeing the expression in slow motion, I am feeling what I felt or hear what I heard.
      This has a way of stretching the moment of experience to where I can analyze each piece of communication being transmitted in that moment.

As far as the experience of leaving my body...I remember one instance where my family was driving through Montana in the winter. We were driving over an overpass when the car started sliding out of control. I remember looking out the window and seeing the cement barrier coming closer and closer. At the same time, I could sense the direction of the car, the barrier in relation to the car and it was sort of spherical perspective. By that I mean, I had a sphere of awareness and I could sense everything within that space. At the last second, the car straightened out, and I was saved from a nasty accident.
      My mom chalked it up to a divine intervention and my dad said he was able to gain control of the car again. It was an extremely intense moment for me. There are many other examples I could give of much less intense experiences, but that one was the clearest I remember.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Many and beyond
      Dominical
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Chimpertainment View Post
      One thing in particular that I do: There are moments of experience that everyone has which may include facial expressions, body movement, tonal inflections in speech, that I replay in my head.
      I have a deep interest in human experience moment by moment. This fascination has led me to study body language, and all kinds of psychology. Anyway, in this experiential moment, lets take a facial expression for example. In my head, I will replay it, then slow it down and watch in slow motion. Most of the time it corresponds with something else being experienced simultaneously like a feeling or sound. So as I am seeing the expression in slow motion, I am feeling what I felt or hear what I heard.
      This has a way of stretching the moment of experience to where I can analyze each piece of communication being transmitted in that moment.
      Fascinating! Do you do this with other peoples facial expressions your witnessing or only your own. I just want to see if I understand completely because I too would like to try this. You take the facial expression and replay it in your mind slowing it down as you do so. At the same time u are reliving the feelings and hearing sounds that you where experiencing as if to experience the situation again but from a super conscious state?
      Chimpertainment likes this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Many and beyond
      Dominical
      DJ Entries
      Clear Light Dream April 20, 2012 08:11 AM - YouTube
      This is me sharing my clear light dream.
      Xanous and StephL like this.

ShiNiGaMi Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      20ish
      M'sila
      DJ Entries
      was fun reading about all of your exp guys but to be honest i don't get how this should improve self awareness,heck i can't seem to fully understand what self awareness really means,any help would be much appreciated.
      Chimpertainment likes this.
      Previously known as areyoume

"A winner has to speak not of the world as it is, but of the world as it should be!"

LD Count
      40 + Yrs' Worth
      Here & Now
      ^^ Self-awareness is nothing more -- or less -- than being aware that you are here, that you have an effect on everything around you, and everything around you has an effect on you.

Self-awareness is key to Lucid dreaming in that it is how you are able to both know you are dreaming and that everything in the dream comes from you (or, for the dream-sharers/ AP surfers out there: how you know when something that is not from you has entered your dream).

I ramble more about self-awareness in my Lucid Dreaming Fundamentals thread, if you're interested.

From what I can see, Lidybug's clear light perspective can be an instrumental exercise for building self-awareness because the act of shifting your attention to another viewpoint can clarify your vision of your self, the effects you are having on other things, and they on you.

I hope that made sense; a strong sense of self-awareness is probably the most important tool for successful LD'ing (and living in general) to acquire and wield, even though it gets so little attention in these forums.

LD Count
      Missouri
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by lidybug View Post
      Yes I do still practice. It is much like a silent observer very often watching how I'm reacting to situations it helps to keep me emotionally detached from an egotistical response. So no that does not seem creepy to me at all. Something new thatim doing is taking any givin situation that I'm involved in in the moment and breaking into pieces. For example: the room I'm sitting in is dimly lit ( I am not fully engaged with the possibilities of the day ahead of me as of yet). I am in my kitchen sitting in a wooden chair with my legs drapped over the neighboring chair. (I feel supported, relaxed and confident about the day ahead). Morning light is filtering in from the sun room only a glance away. ( nature and promising possibilities are mine if I choose to make them. ) I could keep going down to the clothes I'm wearing, the sounds im hearing, and the rythem of my breath.
      Thank you for sharing your thoughts and providing me the opertinity this morning to share mine. Much Love.... Nicole
      This is all very interesting. Something to ponder. Thank you. I'll keep at it and see how it makes a difference.
      lidybug likes this.
      "Oh, and everything is not what it seems
      This life is but a dream"
      Breakers Roar by Sturgill Simpson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast