• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Task of the Month for January 2011

Banned

Task of the Month for January 2011

Introduction:
      This topic is for the Lucid Tasks that are assigned by me or voted on by experienced dreamers. Please attempt one or both of these tasks throughout the month.

Report back in this thread, even if you didn't successfully accomplish the task, your efforts should make interesting reading! This is required in order to get credit, it is no longer sufficient just to say that you did it.

When you complete a task: go to your control panel, then to permission groups, and request to be in the group that applies to the task that you've done. Of course you still need to post the dream here because I check.

Whoever completes either of these tasks gets the following goodies until the end of the month:
      • Your name will be displayed in ORANGE in the online members list at the bottom of the main forum page.
      • You will receive a special title and badge.
      • You will receive access to the "Lucid Task Club" which is a limited access forum for people that complete the lucid task each month.

Tasks for this month:

Basic Task - Be near a thunderstorm and get hit by a lightingbolt

Advanced Task - Grow yourself at least ten times and trample over a town

LD Count
      2011: 1
      Cambridge
      DJ Entries
      Awesome tasks

I hope it doesn't hurt... lol

Member Achievements:
      Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries
      Yay

That was an easy suggestion.

I will get working on it.
      Click the door... and welcome to my dream world!

Lucid Dreaming: Natural - Lucid Dreamer since I was a kid.
      Astral Projection ~ Farthest reached: The Pleiades Star System.

Official Dreamviews Toty 7 Lucid Tasks Challenges

Member Achievements:
      Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries
      On time! Took me four nights! The longest I needed to complete one of these!!!

My subconscious strikes me with a lighting and I trample some houses. (WILD)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I have been a big while without recording dreams here. I do have in fact a big pile of dreams, but I do not have time to write them down. Some good changes in my professional life are happening, and finally I will be able to work on a schedule.

I completed the ToTM for January, it took me four days this time! The longest I needed to complete one of these. Even on this one a little assistance from my subconscious helped me.

Here it goes:

- I woke up at 7am and I had a little more time to sleep, so I did. I woke up again and I told myself that is was going to be the 5th night without success. I closed my eyes and I started to see some mild hynogogic imaginary, so I tried to WILD, my least successful technique. The hypnogogic grew and I allowed it to happen. I saw some flashes and then I heard some noises. The dream formed on my head, but I could not open my eyes. I had no vision, just hearing and feeling.

I finally found myself into a dream. It was raining, there was a heavy storm and some people riding brooms fighting some aliens. I tried to fly with a little difficulty. There was an u.f.o. that pushed me down, but it got destroyed and I could fly better. Other of those u.f.os. made some sort of energy wave and pushed me to the clouds. A lighting bolt fell into the ground, very close to me. I avoided it because I thought I would wake up. A few lighting bolts tried to hit me without success. I finally got hit by one, realizing I did not wake up. On that moment I remember that I completed some old task of the month that was suggested...

I decided to land and remembered my advanced task of the month. Grow and trample all over. I placed my hand in the pocket with the intention of pull one of those pixelated stars from super paper Mario for Wii. Instead I pulled a mega-mushroom, however, it was small an fit in my hand

I ate the mushroom and I started to grow in no time. I could hear the music from Mega Pixelated Mario from Super Paper Mario and I saw all the buildings tiny, in addition of some random Mario graphics such as blocks. I trampled over everything while I heard the music. The music ended after a while, but I did not loose my giant form. I felt it was funny that my subconsciousness skipped to shrink me back to my regular size.

Suddenly, I saw a building even bigger than me. I could not trample it, but I damaged the wall, so after a few seconds, I was able to make a hole in the wall. I saw three dream characters eating something on a table. I remembered I had to freeze them for the basic task, however, I was worried the clock was going to ring, I knew it was time to wake up. I said, "Frozen!" and I would release some white stuff from my hand into the man, but he defrosted at the very moment.
      After a few attempts, I tried with, "Freeze" to the mom instead. He face turned blue, darker every time I said, "Freeze" The kid was crying saying, "Mommy is getting hurt." I continued saying, "Freeze" until the mom was frozen solid. Right after that I completed the task, I woke up.

During my very first minutes from waking, I was assured that Freezing someone was the basic task and getting struck by a lighting bolt was just a suggestion from older months. It took me a while to notice it was the opposite! Oh well, I completed both plus the advanced, so I am good

I've Returned Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran Second Class 10000 Hall Points
      USA
      It wasn't January when you posted that!

Anyway, cool tasks. They should be a bit easier since you don't have to raid an entire city.

Member Achievements:
      Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries
      Just a general apology. I tagged two of my DJ posts with "task of the month" because I thought that meant that I completed a personal goal- not an organized task here in the forums. Sorry if that confused anyone. I'm still a newbie and I'm surfing this website today and realized my mistake.

XeL
      LD Count
      130+
      Japan
      I like these.
      ~XeL's DJ~
      ~Adopted by Cygnus~

DJ Entries
      going in for a try at this,how will you know if i did it right? i wont lie about it but...how can you tell if did it or not. be back in the morning,kENy

LD Count
      08.01.11 - 8
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Warchief2048 View Post
      going in for a try at this,how will you know if i did it right? i wont lie about it but...how can you tell if did it or not. be back in the morning,kENy
      It would be pretty pointless to lie about, don't you think?

DJ Entries
      I'll probably do the tasks either tonight or the next day.

Prone to AWOL Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      ~A lot
      Buffalo
      DJ Entries
      I forgot, does it count if you do one of these accidently (during a lucid of course) so if i were to trample a town and get struck by lightning while doing so, would i get both?
      Have a question? Send me a pm.

...We are all connected...

Multiple Induction Technique (MIT) - Consistently have several lucids each night!

2016 TotY: Dragon [ ] Fairy [ ] Unicorn [ ] Gnome [ ] Leprechaun [ ] Phoenix [ ] Chimera [ ]

DJ Entries
      Electric Bolt/Destroyed Town/Village
      by Warchief2048
      View Profile
      View Forum Posts
      Private Message
      View DJ Entries
      View Articles
      Send Email on Today at 09:46 PM
      So i tried the task of the month-"stand next to a thunderstorm and get hit wth an electric bolt" i dont know if i did it right because i created my own thunderstorm, i was standing on the side of a mountain with my hands raised looking towards the sky,as i began to make the clouds twirl and the wind gust,the whole sky became a green blue grey mess of clouds and down below i could see a small town(the 2nd task at hand) so i beagan o make the electricity crack across the sky and light up the heavens,it was so loud and scary but i didnt feel vulnerable at all,as i stood there watching the rain poor more and more this big flood came from the otherside of the mountain and washed out the little town. everything was pretty much all gone but i had no control of the water,so i'm sorry to the villagers/town people who lived there. any way as soon as i seen the town being flooded i felt this electric vibe all around me,kinda like when i begin to charge my hands to shoot electricity, i just didnt try and control it and then BAM!! i got hit with a jolt of lightning and this happened 3 times,everytime i was hit with the bolt of lightning my vision would go to black and white instead of our normal colors,it waas so cool,i didnt know i could do that,i never dream in black and white. and when i began to wake up i would calm my excitement down and then i could stabilize the storm. the weird thing to me was the B/W color and the fact that everytime i would almost wake up i could feel my left middle finger burning and then when i was fully awake my finger felt like it was on fire for about 10 minutes after waking. so i didnt get to trample the town but i did flood it out,guess i will try and trample the town tonight. thanks for the suggestions. i've been a giant before but i've never tried being ten times my size,sounds like fun. so sleep well and stay awake in your dreams. Talk to you tomorrow to let you know how it went.
      kENY

DJ Entries
      thats not the point iwas trying to make numb nuts

DJ Entries
      thats not the point iwas trying to make numb nuts
      Now now...

And damn I had a WILD this morning but wasn't able to succeed. It's hard to get struck by lightning indoors

Frigid Academic Achievements:
      Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

LD Count
      Whom knows?
      I have managed to fulfill the Basic Task this month, albeit inadvertently. Below, I have copy-pasted the details from my dream log. I have highlighted the lucid portion of the dream in blue.

Spoiler for Dream:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      With most of my dreams I have at least partial control, but am not always lucid (I'll think things should happen a certain way and they do, and I only realize I was dreaming when I wake up). If I complete the task while doing that does it count?

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by gl431 View Post
      With most of my dreams I have at least partial control, but am not always lucid (I'll think things should happen a certain way and they do, and I only realize I was dreaming when I wake up). If I complete the task while doing that does it count?
      "This topic is for the Lucid Tasks that are assigned by me[ninja9578] or voted on by experienced dreamers. Please attempt one or both of these tasks throughout the month."

California
      DJ Entries
      I hope I could LD tonight and do these.

LD Count
      08.01.11 - 8
      DJ Entries
      I did the advanced task tonight.

I had set the alarm to ring at 6. I had planned to do a WILD, but I just fell asleep again. Still, I became lucid when I found myself in a room in my old school. My friend was there. I asked him if he knew he was a DC. I don't remember his reply, but I wanted him to join me through my dream. I told him to get on one of the two swings that were in the room. We got on each our swing and started swinging very fast. As we were swinging, we wouldn't collide with the roof or the floor. Then, the swings detached and we were launched through the wall to and into the sky above vast, green fields. Ahead was a perfect square of big city. My friend wasn't there anymore, I forgot about him or didn't really care as I remembered the task of the month. I landed with my feet on the ground while my head was still very far above the ground, so I had grown in mid air. There were little fireworks coming from the city. I stepped right into it and started crushing buildings with my feet. There were no sounds from the city. I felt that it was too easy and that I wanted to be smaller. I closed my eyes, and when I opened them, all the buildings were repaired and I was smaller. I could push buildings over with my hands, and I did. I started running buildings over as if I was playing rugby. I gradually grew again. The city never ended and there was little change to the buildings. When I was big enough to step on buildings again, giant rats (but small compared to be) started running through the streets. I ignored them. I tried to remember the other task, but I woke up from a "don't think about waking up".

LD Count
      Georgia
      DJ Entries
      hah, this is cool. I am going to try this.
      Nothing is difficult in a dream, its all in your head.

Dismembered Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      In Bed
      DJ Entries
      I've been struck by lightning once lucid. I could do it again! I'll give it a shot as well as the complex task.
      "It is your mind that creates this world."-buddha ,"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly. "-buddha
      Lucid Dream Control Log/tasks
      Summoning object [X], Dream Clarity [X], Summon Fireworks [X], Jump Really High [X], Combining Powers [X], Summon Lightning[X], flying [X], Meet Dream Guide[ ]

USA
      Dang! I was lucid in a building, so I got out of the building and stood in the middle of this street in a small city, and looked down at the ground. I imagined myself getting bigger and seeing the ground around me getting smaller, but instead I started to wake up. I was close! =\
      Goals: Fly to the Moon [ ], Smoke Dream Weed [ ], Smoke Dream Salvia [ ], Create Fire in my Hands [ X ], Kamehameha!! [ ]

Oregon
      DJ Entries
      I'm pretty sure they use the "trust" system..
      Goals:
      Consistently for two weeks recall at least one dream per night [ ]

Bird Brain Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Lost count.
      DJ Entries
      I want to do the advanced one!
      We all live in a kind of continuous dream. When we wake, it is because something,
      some event, some pinprick even, disturbs the edges of what we have taken as reality.

Vandermeer

SAT (Sporadic Awareness Technique) Guide
      Have questions about lucid dreaming? DM me.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries
      Good job guys!
      I will deliver your wings in a couple hours! (Just saw this before leaving)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast