Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ALL B6 QUESTIONS ANSWERED!!!!

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

ALL B6 QUESTIONS ANSWERED!!!!

okies here goes....

what B6 does
      Vitamin B6 is important for the brain and nerves to function normally. It also helps the body break down proteins and make red blood cells.

how much people need
      Teen guys need 1.3 mg of vitamin B6 daily and teen girls need 1.2 mg. others say that guys need 3 mg and girls need 2 mg.

where it is found
      potatoes, bananas, beans, seeds, nuts, red meat, poultry, brewer's yeast, eggs, chicken, carrots, fish, liver, kidneys, peas, wheat germ, walnuts, fish, eggs, spinach, and fortified cereals. dang, all the foods i hate... cept poutry, and man, dont eath the wheat germ

Deficiency of vitamin B6
      Irritability, nervousness and insomnia as well as general weakness, skin changes such as dermatitis and acne as well asthma and allergies might develop when pyridoxine is in short supply. Symptoms may include nails that are ridged, an inflamed tongue as well as changes to your bones - which can include osteoporosis and arthritis. Kidney stones may also appear.Vitamin B6 deficiency symptoms will be very much like those of B2 and B3. Vitamin B6 is needed by the body to manufacture its own B3 vitamin.

Toxicity and symptoms of high intake
      Supplementation should be controlled as extreme dosage, such as in excess of 2,000 mg per day, may cause neurological damage. People on medication for Parkinson's disease should be careful about taking Vitamin B6 as it can inactivate levo-dopa.People taking pyridoxine late at night sometimes experience very vivid dreams. in other words, DONT TAKE MORE THAN 1000 MG!! if you arent taking pills then dont worry about this

Other interesting points
      Exercising may aid the production of the active form of vitamin B6. B6 can be found at the drug store

i expect to find no more posts about B6, asking bout....anything about it...
      AetherUnlimited likes this.
      veteran of the darkmyst #dreamviews
      Raised: Turkeh

LD Count
      ~1 Bajillion.
      Awesome, that answered a lot of the questions I had. I never knew it was in yeast either...
      [23:17:23] <+Kaniaz> "You think I want to look like Leo Volont? Don't you dare"

Member Achievements:
      yea, go fig.

i also heard that it is in rice, but i couldnt find any official info on it... so,

good luck to all yall japanese and chinese ppls!

LD Count
      ~1 Bajillion.
      LOL, I've got a friend who's Korean, and he's got this huge rice dispenser in his kitchen.

Wisconsin.. wait, what happened to Illinois??
      Oh hey, I was just mentioning in another thread that someone should create a FAQ.

I think eventually it should be moved to the tutorials section or something, with more added on to it if needed.

Quin custodiet custodes ipsos?

Member Achievements:
      well, heh, sure, im up for it.... if a mod aproves,....

you should let everyone ask questions so you can make the faq more complete, or compile answers to questions already asked in posts around the forums. one big b6 faq would be a great thing to add to the tutorial section i think

Northwest Australia
      as long as it doesnt encourage noobs to use b-6, i rekon best to keep it in here, my opinion
      n00bs i love you
      Pics
      http://www.myspace.com/xisdence
      Sig pic made by aquanina
      wuv ya

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/Xisdence-xissig.jpg

Member Achievements:
      ok, compy crashed, so i didnt get back to this, but anyway, any questions????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????

The Netherlands
      This topic might have layed low some time ago, but hey I got a freaking question!

What kind of 'normal' food contains the most B6? Like I aint gonna swallow some pills, my old man would think I went crazy.

I hope it's banana. I like banana.
      “What a peculiar privilege has this little agitation of the brain which we call 'thought'” -Hume

Bran Flakes? Kellogs cereals have tons of added stuff, and i think they have added B6 in as well.

Adopted: Spirit, MCM1013

The Netherlands
      Originally posted by dudesuperior
      Bran Flakes? Kellogs cereals have tons of added stuff, and i think they have added B6 in as well.
      AH yeah good point. I gotta check them boxes to see what it says once.
      “What a peculiar privilege has this little agitation of the brain which we call 'thought'” -Hume

I purchased both Melatonin 3mg combined with 10mg of B6 and a seperate bottle of 50mg B6 last night. I consumed the melatonin thirty minutes prior to sleep, and I can't say that my dreams were too much more vivid. Anybody have an idea why this might be? Do I need to take WITH the other B6? If that's the case, that seems like a bit too much.

It was upsetting, I missed such an obvious cue though. I wonder if the melatonin played any role in this? Somebody asked me if I had ever heard of lucid dreaming and of course I got happy because it's not the most common topic of discussion. I'm like, "Oh yes, of course." All while pointing to my hand (which I use for reality checks sometimes). And the entire time I was in one...

Denmark
      I was wondering how much B6 there is in ex. banas. Dosent help that much to know that you need 3mg/day when you dont know how much the differnt things contain

LD Count
      ~1 Bajillion.
      Don't worry about it. Likely, if you eat a little of those foods every day, or just eat a generally well-balanced diet, you'll get as much as you need.

The Netherlands
      http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=n...trient&dbid=108

I found this site. It seems that banana's are great sources for B6 Not as good as tuna, but hey, I hate that Banana's are cool =D

The huge list of all kind of food that provide B6 is really nice (scroll a bit down)

Alright!! I usually eat about 2 tins of tuna a day(I love the stuff) , but never realised it had this much B6. There's a down side to tuna though- bad breath

Adopted: Spirit, MCM1013

Undisclosed location

Pharmacy

Originally posted by Neruo
      This topic might have layed low some time ago, but hey I got a freaking question!

What kind of 'normal' food contains the most B6? *Like I aint gonna swallow some pills, my old man would think I went crazy. *

I hope it's banana. I like banana.

Hey Nearuo.
      Check out the
      s

The Netherlands

Re: Pharmacy

[quote]

Hey Nearuo.
      Check out the

Yeah I kind of found this topic when looking in the 'parmacy', but no of the topics awnserd the question about how much B6 is in banana's But I kind of allready found it: Banana's have lots of B6. I am going to get a load of banana's just now

To bad I don't like tuna.... that's the best for B6

Undisclosed location

Yeah I kind of found this topic when looking in the 'parmacy', but no of the topics awnserd the question about how much B6 is in banana's *But I kind of allready found it: Banana's have lots of B6. I am going to get a load of banana's just now

To bad I don't like tuna.... *that's the best for B6
      I was wondering. As quick as those damn things ripen, does the amount of the b vitamin change in the process?

The Netherlands

[quote]

I was wondering. As quick as those damn things ripen, does the amount of the b vitamin change in the process?

Hmmm good question... I think it can only decrease... no need for like bacteria or whatever to make complicated monecules like vatanimes, right?

But I might be wrong. Perhaps the banana wants vitamines to grow to a banana planbt... good question.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=n...nt&dbid=108

I found this site. It seems that banana's are great sources for B6 Not as good as tuna, but hey, I hate that Banana's are cool =D

The huge list of all kind of food that provide B6 is really nice (scroll a bit down)
      Dr. James A. Duke reported pyridoxine concentrations in a few plants not listed there, heres all the edible ones he has quantitative data for (these values are from uncooked samples)
      Avocado Fruit 23 ppm
      Wheat Seed 13 ppm
      Barley Seed 11 ppm
      Rice Seed 10 ppm
      Sesame Seed 8 ppm
      Soybean Seed 6.4 ppm
      Lentil Seed 4.9 ppm
      Oats Plant 3.08 ppm
      Oats Seed 2.4 ppm
      Tamarind Fruit 2 ppm
      Pea Seed 1.4 ppm

Tamarind is frequently made into a a tart 'juice' type drink used to make the body feel not quite so hot in summer. It can usually be found in mexican or southeast asian stores.

On a journey
      As far as I've read 100% fortified whole grain cereal has the whole 2 mg for the day in one serving so that's a good start in the morning.
      After all, cereal rules breakfast like Darth Vader rules the Death Star...or some such.

Going to try and get B6 over the counter to substitute my multivitamins that I've been taking for quite a while now anyway. No path to dreams without recall; feels horrible forgetting what dreams are like. :sweat2:

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      many many
      London - UK
      Old thread - but rather than starting a new one...

I haven&#39;t had an LD for a few days and I&#39;m intrigued/ bored so I just bought some B6 and am starting off on 250mg taken in three doses (100mg after lunch, 100mg after dinner, 50mg before bed)
      3 doses because I read somewhere* that the body has problems absorbing more than 100mg in one go.
      250mg / day because I also read somewhere* that research (proper scientific double blind stuff) had revealed an effect at 250mg.

(*Sorry I know that if I want to be an amatuer scientist I will have to do beter at remebreing my sources&#33

You can buy B6 in different forms - some types are not easily metabolised by some people. The type I bought is 50mg tabs Vitamin B6 as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (P5P). P5P is apparently the easiest form of B6 for the body to utilise as this is the final stage of B6 metabolism (when B6 gets refined in the liver)

I have duly noted the the possible side effects (tingling/ numbness/ possible nerve damage etc) of LONG TERM use even at low levels. I spoke to a nutritionist who was skeptical about there being a problem because B6, being water soluble, doesn&#39;t hang around in the body for long (unlike E,A & D which are fat soluble) But nonetheless I&#39;m not going to try this for long, just in case.

Anyway, as for tuna and bannanas - if the 250mg thing is correct you would need to eat about 370 bannanas or 210 tins of tuna&#33; 250mg is 12500% of the EC recomended daily allowance&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      many many
      London - UK
      After last night&#39;s experiment I can report:

No LDs.
      Lots of very vivid and emotional dreams - but poor recall&#33; Sounds contradictory? Well, during the night I kept waking (5/6 times) with the memory of the dream I had just come out of, but wanted to try to WILD (failed) so didn&#39;t wake myself up to write my dream journal - now I only have fragments, but they are quite intense ones. Lots of dreams of friends and family, also several dreams that included smoking marijuana, which is highly unusual for me.

Tonight I will try 3 x 100mg at the same times as yesterday

NB I gave up smoking ciggies a few days ago - and I know this is affecting my sleep and dreams (more fragmented/ chaotic/ frustrated/ anxious etc) so the results here are strongly influenced by this also...

EDIT - update after 300mg
      Still no tingling or numbness...
      No LDs.
      A whole night of very vivid and creative dreams, more than recently - also recall much better than it has been recently (partly because the dreams were so cool.)

Same again today - but I will try the 300mg later in the day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast