Dude...

Max buddy, come on
      You sneaky little fellow!

Quote Originally Posted by Naiya View Post
      "I'm dreaming."
      Ah thanks was just wondering.
      'The petals dance through the wind,
      The crimson blood shimmers on the snow,
      The shattered heart weeps of hidden sorrow.
      And over a pure white sky,
      rises a black moon.'
      - Max

LD Count
      Lost Count.
      Saudi Arabia
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by PercyLucid View Post
      Dude...

Max buddy, come on

Quote Originally Posted by Naiya
      "I'm dreaming."
      Thanks! ^^
      rises a black moon.'
      - Max

Quote Originally Posted by Naiya View Post
      Improving Dream Recall and Understanding

A lot of people don't remember their dreams all the time. I have a few pointers for remembering, recording and understanding dreams. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know and I'll update the list.

Good dream recall is the first step to lucid dreaming! This is the foundation. If you remember less than one or two dreams, try some of these methods to help your recall.

Tips For Remembering

If you can remember absolutely nothing at all when you wake up, take a few minutes to stay in bed and try to remember.
      - A good way to do this is to slowly think of people, places, and things that are familiar to you. Go through each thing at a time. Was my mother in my dream...? Was my dream about work...? You'd be surprised at how often this works. Just today, I remembered a whole dream because I saw pigs on a TV show. There was an adorable piglet in my dream, and remembering that one little thing brought a flood of information. Sometimes all you need is that one "key" to remember your dream.
      -Many people can remember at least the last moment of their dream, but nothing else. This best way to remember the rest of the dream is to simply go backwards, just like you would in remembering something in your childhood. Take your time in doing this. Ask yourself, "What happened right before then?" "How did I get to the train station?" Just keep slowly backtracking. Sometimes you may even be able to remember dreams that you had earlier in the night this way.
      -When you wake up in the morning, try to get out of the habit of immediately remembering what you have to do that day. Basically, your dream memories will fade instantly if you replace them with something else in your short-term memory.
      -The best thing do to is to wake up with an empty mind and allow yourself to stay in bed, relaxed and without thought, for a few minutes before getting up.
      -Above all, don't give up! Good habits take time to form. It may be months before you start to remember your dreams consistently. You just have to stick with it.

Tips For Recording

-To get started, keep a small journal next to your bed so you can write down your dreams when you remember them. I like to use the little spiral journals because I can stick my pencil on the side instead of fumbling around for it on the night-stand.
      -Keep the journal close to you so you don't have to get out of bed. For some reason the dream memories just fall right out of your head once you've gotten out of bed or moved around a lot. So try to keep still.
      - If you wake up before morning, write down what you remember before you go back to sleep (or before you go to the bathroom).
      -It's always useful to write down the times you go sleep and get up (especially those of us in college, whose sleep schedules are erratic). If you remember more than one dream in the night, you can make note of which dream occurred at which time. This may be useful for those of us who sometimes have prophetic dreams or mutual dreams.
      -Once you have a dream journal started, you may notice that some dreams have a lot to do with what you did the day before. To help you understand your dreams, you may want to also make notes of what you did during the day (movies you saw, things on your mind, problems at work or people you were with).
      This helps a lot when you get a little more advanced, because you'll start finding things in your dreams that connect with your waking life. For example, you dream of an old friend who calls you out of the blue, and a couple of days later you run into them. Now you have personal proof that your dream premonition came true! Pretty cool, huh?

Tips For Understanding

-The most important thing to remember is that the meaning of a dream is subjective. While other people and books can give some good insight, the best person to interpret your dream is you.
      -That said, you can gain some understanding by asking for an interpretation by one of our fellow members. We may be able to pick up on something that you hadn't thought of. Also, some dreams are very common and have generally accepted meanings to them.
      -Dream dictionaries can be helpful, but be wary of the simplistic meanings. For example, to Person A, a snake in her dream may mean an enemy, liar, or traitor. But for Person B, the snake might mean reincarnation, connections with the earth. or medicine (like the snakes on the EMT uniform). It all comes down to where the dreamer is coming from. The dream dictionaries can give some insight, but as always, believe what feels right to you.
      -This one helps the most if you use it along with your journal. When remembering your dream, think about how you were feeling at the time. Feelings and emotions can give us the most telling clues about what our dreams mean.
      I agree..That's really true..You know what I just woke up everyday and I can't remember what my dream is all about..but there's an instance when i see things that are related to my dreams i actually remember certain things but not all of it..and sometimes my dream is just like vivid or it happens in real life..What can you say about that? Is there any scientific explanation regarding what i have shared to you..I'm looking forward for your immediate response..Thanks a bunch..

I'm dreaming & so are you Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

Mother Earth
      I read this tutorial a month ago and decided I would try to WILD...Had my very first successful WILD today on my first try! I did everything said in this tutorial. Doing a WILD is so much easier than DILD, now that I've finally experienced both.Thanks again for this tutorial. Btw, you're so right about the tunnel vision.
      Jeff777 and Naiya like this.

Ex-Redhat
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by lopsarong View Post
      I agree..That's really true..You know what I just woke up everyday and I can't remember what my dream is all about..but there's an instance when i see things that are related to my dreams i actually remember certain things but not all of it..and sometimes my dream is just like vivid or it happens in real life..What can you say about that? Is there any scientific explanation regarding what i have shared to you..I'm looking forward for your immediate response..Thanks a bunch..
      Hmm I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Seeing things in real life remind you of fragments from your dreams, right? That's pretty much just your memory being jogged. But the other thing, do you mean like having a dream about something happening and then it happens IRL? Because that is known as precognitive dreaming, and at the moment there is no scientific explanation for it (science tends to just dismiss it completely).

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
      I read this tutorial a month ago and decided I would try to WILD...Had my very first successful WILD today on my first try! I did everything said in this tutorial. Doing a WILD is so much easier than DILD, now that I've finally experienced both.Thanks again for this tutorial. Btw, you're so right about the tunnel vision.
      Yay! Congrats, I'm so glad it works for you!

WDr
      WaterDreamer Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      I don't know
      Earth, most of the time
      Hi. I have tried to WILD(your and/or King Yoshi's wbtb technique) now for a very long time, and I've only half-experienced SP one time. (I once got small tingling all over my body...) My problem is that I either just fall asleep immediately or I stay awake for hours without results. I was just wondering if you had some advise about how long I should stay awake after my alarm rings etc... Tonight I'm going to try with some white noise and see if that helps.

Oh, and BTW, I've also tried you're awareness technique, and for me it is more like some very long reality checks over the day, and not that kind of ever lasting reality check you're writing about... Some tips?
      Naiya likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries
      This is probably my favorite tutorial, Naiya!

While I've had lucid dreams before, I've recently come under a dryspell despite being able to recall 3+ dreams per night.. So I've been reading this tutorial a few times per week. I really like that you included day dreaming into your tutorial, and I believe this is why I'm attracted to it- I've been 'day dreaming' myself to sleep since I can remember, so I suppose it's all about adapting my day dreams to set a dreamscape up?
      Spoiler for My Goals:

LD Count
      LIMBO
      DJ Entries
      A bit of a read here, but it's well worth it. Thanks for posting!
      Naiya likes this.
      "Dreams are real while they last. Can we say more of life?" - Havelock Ellis

Ex-Redhat
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by WDr View Post
      Hi. I have tried to WILD(your and/or King Yoshi's wbtb technique) now for a very long time, and I've only half-experienced SP one time. (I once got small tingling all over my body...) My problem is that I either just fall asleep immediately or I stay awake for hours without results. I was just wondering if you had some advise about how long I should stay awake after my alarm rings etc... Tonight I'm going to try with some white noise and see if that helps.

Oh, and BTW, I've also tried you're awareness technique, and for me it is more like some very long reality checks over the day, and not that kind of ever lasting reality check you're writing about... Some tips?
      When it comes to WILD, unfortunately there is no set time...you have to try different times and experiment on your own to see what works best for you. For example, I only need a minute or two for a WBTB to WILD. But even then, sometimes I WILD within minutes of laying down, and sometimes I'm laying there for 30+ minutes before anything happens. It just all depends. Having said that it may help if you have a very structured sleep schedule. That way you'll have an easier time predicting when you need to set your alarm (according to your sleep cycles).

But anyway, if it's been over an hour in your WILD attempt, it's usually time to quit for the night. You can try going back to sleep and trying again in another hour or so if that happens.

When it comes to cultivating awareness, my best advice is to look into meditation techniques. Meditation focuses on awareness of the present, and it will teach you to let go of all the crazy thoughts that are constantly bothering you. Practicing meditation will help you learn to have awareness without making it one big exhausting long RC. It's kind of akin to having a program running in the background on your computer. It's there, but you won't notice it. That's the goal with awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
      This is probably my favorite tutorial, Naiya!

While I've had lucid dreams before, I've recently come under a dryspell despite being able to recall 3+ dreams per night.. So I've been reading this tutorial a few times per week. I really like that you included day dreaming into your tutorial, and I believe this is why I'm attracted to it- I've been 'day dreaming' myself to sleep since I can remember, so I suppose it's all about adapting my day dreams to set a dreamscape up?

I believe that daydreaming about LDing can help a great deal. I use this same type of daydreaming for MILDs, and I'm working on expanding on that in another tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by divinemission View Post
      A bit of a read here, but it's well worth it. Thanks for posting!
      Thanks! BTW, I'll be working on a new tutorial this weekend, so keep an eye out for it.
      Last edited by Naiya; 07-23-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      300+
      I can enter SP whenever I try to.
      It's really nice. I've never had a problem with it, yet people keep saying it's the hard part.

Transition from SP to Dreaming is the hard part for me.
      Let's say I've tried 6-8 times WILD but never succeeded.
      Always get to SP then I try to relax and enter Dreaming, but I somehow can't.
      Someone help me with that :s

EDIT: Am I really entering SP or is it some minor SP?
      It's like I heard buzzing sounds like bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      And the black color when you close your eyes changes to another black color. Can't explain it very well. It's not the same Close eyes color though.
      And sometimes it starts to develop figures in front of me like one time I saw a fox.

Why I doubt that I'm in SP is because I'm not hearing any Screaming or scary demons.
      I told myself a several times that it's not dangerious when I go into ''Minor sp/SP'' So might be that
      Last edited by willeex; 07-24-2011 at 01:25 AM.

Ex-Redhat
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by willeex View Post
      I can enter SP whenever I try to.
      It's really nice. I've never had a problem with it, yet people keep saying it's the hard part.

Transition from SP to Dreaming is the hard part for me.
      Let's say I've tried 6-8 times WILD but never succeeded.
      Always get to SP then I try to relax and enter Dreaming, but I somehow can't.
      Someone help me with that :s

EDIT: Am I really entering SP or is it some minor SP?
      It's like I heard buzzing sounds like bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      And the black color when you close your eyes changes to another black color. Can't explain it very well. It's not the same Close eyes color though.
      And sometimes it starts to develop figures in front of me like one time I saw a fox.

Why I doubt that I'm in SP is because I'm not hearing any Screaming or scary demons.
      I told myself a several times that it's not dangerious when I go into ''Minor sp/SP'' So might be that
      The buzzing noise in the ears is pretty characteristic of SP. Normally you feel strong vibrations, as if you've turned into a giant tuning fork. But you don't always get vibrations or scary hallucinations. The main criteria for SP is the inability to move.

To transition from SP to a dream, you may want to try visualizing yourself standing across the room. Another thing you can do is imagine tactile sensations, smells, or sounds. They will gradually become more real, and as you anchor yourself in the dream by using them, you should start seeing the dream form around you. Just remember to remain relaxed during the whole process.

Lucid Elder God Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      non-Euclidean
      DJ Entries
      When I got vibrations I found it was a by-product of me getting excited and tensing up, when I relaxed the vibrations passed but I also slipped further out of sleep paralysis. Very confusing. :S

As for transitioning, I was almost successful by visualising myself walking around my room, picking things up, looking at stuff, touching anything with a distinctive texture.

Is it possible to transition before going into sleep paralysis?
      Naiya likes this.
      My Lucid Dreaming Articles/Tutorials:
      Mindfulness - An Alternative Approach to ADA
      Intent in Lucid Dreaming; Break that Dry-Spell, Escape the Technique Rut

Always, no sometimes think it's me,
      But you know I know when it's a dream
      I think I know I mean a yes
      But it's all wrong
      That is I think I disagree

-John Lennon

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger Second Class Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Very detailed! This changed my entire thought on lucidity.
      Naiya likes this.

Ex-Redhat
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Ctharlhie View Post

Is it possible to transition before going into sleep paralysis?
      Technically speaking, your muscles will always go under paralysis when you enter REM sleep (unless you're a sleepwalker). But it is very possible to completely skip the experience or sensation of SP and go directly into a WILD, yes. A lot of my WILDs happened without any vibrations or obvious signs of SP.

Lucid Elder God Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      non-Euclidean
      DJ Entries
      That gives me some hope
      My Lucid Dreaming Articles/Tutorials:
      Mindfulness - An Alternative Approach to ADA
      Intent in Lucid Dreaming; Break that Dry-Spell, Escape the Technique Rut

Always, no sometimes think it's me,
      But you know I know when it's a dream
      I think I know I mean a yes
      But it's all wrong
      That is I think I disagree

-John Lennon

LD Count
      Cant beleive ive only just come across this! Really covers a lot, bookmarked!
      Thanks Naiya

Ex-Redhat
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Ctharlhie View Post
      That gives me some hope

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOfSelf View Post
      Cant beleive ive only just come across this! Really covers a lot, bookmarked!
      Thanks Naiya

You're very welcome, if you have any questions, you can PM me anytime.

labyrinth worker Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      By the way, if you already have problems distinguishing reality from a dream, or have schizophrenia, or any other serious mental conditions I DO NOT advise you do this, because if your mind is unstable the last thing you should be doing is questioning reality or considering reality a dream.
      hahahahha lol i was almost rolling in the floor laughing.

All else aside, this was an excellent tutorial. The part about being aware, all the time, is something that i have thought about, but not put an enormous amount of thought into. When i have had lucid dreams, i now notice that when i have had my lucid dreams, i did just know that i was dreaming. I knew the difference. And, honestly, i think that that is the best possible way to better understand, and to have more lucid dreams
      Naiya likes this.
      Goals:
      Have a stable lucid [], Fly willingly [x], Have another lucid []

Ex-Redhat
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNautsi View Post
      hahahahha lol i was almost rolling in the floor laughing.

All else aside, this was an excellent tutorial. The part about being aware, all the time, is something that i have thought about, but not put an enormous amount of thought into. When i have had lucid dreams, i now notice that when i have had my lucid dreams, i did just know that i was dreaming. I knew the difference. And, honestly, i think that that is the best possible way to better understand, and to have more lucid dreams

Yeah, well...remember that nutcase who tried to murder that arizona congresswoman. Basically, if you're already criminally insane you shouldn't be doing anything ever lol.

LD Count
      Nottingham
      DJ Entries
      This is one of the best tutorials I have ever read! Thankyou for giving me really useful tips and tricks AND for keeping my motivation high!
      Naiya likes this.

LD Count
      Out There
      DJ Entries
      This is by far the the best information I have seen on Lucid Dreaming. Thank you, Naiya. Do you know of any good readings for information on archetypes? I've started to notice them since reading this.

Ex-Redhat
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by sollun View Post
      This is by far the the best information I have seen on Lucid Dreaming. Thank you, Naiya. Do you know of any good readings for information on archetypes? I've started to notice them since reading this.
      Look for any books about Carl Jung or Jungian psychology and you should find plenty of information about archetypes.

LD Count
      Lost Count.
      Saudi Arabia
      DJ Entries
      Naiya! You're alive!
      rises a black moon.'
      - Max

Member Achievements:
      Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Glad to see that this thread is still active.

Ex-Redhat
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Max ツ View Post
      Naiya! You're alive!
      More or less.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast