• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Question Does HI always accompany a successful WILD attempt? If there's no HI, should I sleep and try later?

I had my first successful WILD attempt a couple days ago and it was mind blowing. What I noticed was that along with my body feeling warm and tingly, there was a lot of flickering and flashing hypnagogic imagery that intensified until it eventually stabilized and I was in a pseudo-dream state.

I noticed a key difference between my successful attempt from that day and my failed attempt(s) last night. While the warm and tingly sensation and high-pitched ringing were the same as before (or perhaps a little less intense), I didn't have any visual hallucinations. No flickering or flashing or 'slideshow' imagery. Nothing more than some subtle shifts in the blackness behind my eyelids. My successful attempt had much more vivid colors and flashing that accompanied the physical sensation of my body falling asleep, and those hallucinations intensified exponentially as I 'crossed over' into the dream state.

During the failed attempt I felt like I was getting really CLOSE to the 'cross-over point', but never reaching it. I felt warm and tingly for a while and then it would plateau and the sensations would 'simmer down' until I was back to simply relaxing in bed. But there were NO hallucinations ever to accompany the physical sensations during this failed attempt.

One more difference was the TIME of the attempts. During my successful attempt I had already slept 7 or 8 hours. The failed attempt occurred after 5 hours of sleep.

My questions are:

1. Should HI always accompany a successful WILD attempt?

2. If there is no HI in my attempt, does it mean that perhaps I'm attempting WILD too early, when I'm not likely to enter REM directly?

3. Is it preferable to sleep MORE before attempting WILD, or try after only 4 or so hours? Does it matter?

Thanks for your help!

Dalal

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

The hypnagogic imagery is in short what you transition into when you lucid dream =)

1. Hypnagogic iamgery can be anything from seeing dancing shapes in front of your eyelids to feeling that your thoughs is more vivid so the daydreams feels more real. So usually successful WILD attempts is accompanied by HI but since it varies from time to time it can just be a tone in your ears or a floating sensations.

2. I guess you are looking for a way to see if you are close to REM/ the dream right? Then I would recommend reading about the movement free reality checks I use when I DEILD that I call non-physical tests. Simply imagine that you are holding your Iphone and if you can feel it for a moment try to increase that sensations when you feel it you know you are dreaming and can get out of your bed because it is a dreambed. Hearing a really loud tone in your ears is also an indicator of a the non-physical, there are lots of ways be creative =)

3. No you can wake up in your first REM period and still WILD, in fact most of my lucid dreams occur in the second which is only 3-4 hours after I fall asleep and sometimes even the first.
      But if the rem periods increase in length as you sleep and it looks something like this _ __ ___ ____ _____ you see that it is easier to hit REM the longer you sleep.
      But if you are unlucky your atempt is in the gap of deep sleep :/

Hehe hoped it helped ^-^ Sweet dreams!

DJ Entries
      its different for everyone. Personally I have hardly ever experienced any HI. When I WILD I get vibrations/SP and keep my eyes closed until the vibrations go away. Then I open my eyes and I'm dreaming. So no you don't need to experience HI to WILD.
      " The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven "

LD Count
      Really?
      Somewhere else...
      I say like I always do; don't look for signs of anything in particular, do your attempt without thinking about it... and just let it happen. Stay passive.

It's all about state of mind. Remember your mindstate from your successful attempt. If you manage to be in that state and stay that way, you will transition into the dream. It's just a matter of time.

Good Luck, Tucane
      --------------------------------------------------------------|
      Master WILD[x] Master Dream Control[o] Full Recall [o]

Of all things imaginable, the least seem to be the hardest...