• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By xpin2winx

Thread: Two big problems with WILD - Help!

LD Count

Two big problems with WILD - Help!

Problem 1:

When trying to WILD and get into Sleep Paralysis I feel "Kinda Sleep Paralysis". I can move, but I do send a "strong signal", OR it's just that I don't want to move. When I give up I can move instantly. Help?

Problem 2:
      The start of Hypo Imagery. When I start seeing colored shapes about 30 minutes after my initial attempt, I TRY, and I mean I TRY not to notice them. It's like my mind is a naughty boy. Even without my consent the images start bending to my will, and it is REALLY frustrating. Help?

try not to think to much about sleep paralysis it shouldnt be a goal when you WILD because its such a distraction instead, focus on what you want to dream and visualize that in your head, you dont always feel SP (i normally dont) so try not to think about it to much. good luck!

gab
      Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by skullgunner1 View Post
      Problem 1:

When trying to WILD and get into Sleep Paralysis I feel "Kinda Sleep Paralysis". I can move, but I do send a "strong signal", OR it's just that I don't want to move. When I give up I can move instantly. Help?

Problem 2:
      The start of Hypo Imagery. When I start seeing colored shapes about 30 minutes after my initial attempt, I TRY, and I mean I TRY not to notice them. It's like my mind is a naughty boy. Even without my consent the images start bending to my will, and it is REALLY frustrating. Help?
      1. Please don't worry about SP. It's gonna happen when it's suppose to, wheather you notice it or not. Same way, as you falling asleep every night. I bet you don't even think about SP then and you don't test, if you can move or not.

2. You are not suppose to 'not notice' the images. Images are a good thing. They mean, you are on your way to a dream. Notice them, just don't get excited about them. If your mind molds them, that's fine. That's how you actually can visualize a dream.

Happy dreams.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

Sleep paralysis happens when you are dreaming everything else is just the stiff feeling of not moving for a long time or hypnagogic imagery.

One thing you can try that helps me when I DEILD is that when you feel strange sensations literally try to fall asleep! It might sound counter productive but it really isn't because as you do it you will notice that those strange sensations get amplified. When you feel that you can stop trying to fall asleep and remain aware again. Also when these strange sensations reaches it's peak you have not only amplified the sensations but you have also transitioned and are by then laying in a dreambed in your dreamroom =)

LD Count
      Thanks for the help guys. Whenever I do mold an image, it just goes away and just... blackness. Anywho, I tried a visualization method last night about 6 hours after initial going to sleep.
      I got very good results.

I felt SP coming in very fast, and tried visualizing my dream scene, but all that happened is that the blackness of my eyelids started to get darker, and darker, and darker. That kept happening so I just gave up and rolled over.

Member Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      50+
      I admit when i was first starting out. The first place on i "learned" how to WILD was on youtube. The most popular method or video , is the Lucidology one where he basically says just lay still and hope for sleep paralysis to kick in. Thank god i found this site and everyone explained to me the right way to do it. Ive only achieved a very short WILD once, but i never ever reached full Sleep Paralysis ever. Just vibrations, auditory hallucination, and dream body sensations. How do you feel Sleep paralysis setting in? I know im getting close when i start to hear a wind rushing noise and the feeling of falling. Maybe his method of getting into real sleep paraylsis works because he explains that he has had insominia and sleeping problems before lucid dreaming but for the majority of people who dont even know or experience real sleep paralysis. It just seems like a huge waste of time.

So basically the only time you should worry about sleep paralysis for lucid dreaming is if you wake up in it.
      Last edited by xpin2winx; 09-15-2012 at 06:50 PM.
      gab likes this.

gab
      Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by skullgunner1 View Post
      Thanks for the help guys. Whenever I do mold an image, it just goes away and just... blackness. Anywho, I tried a visualization method last night about 6 hours after initial going to sleep.
      I got very good results.

I felt SP coming in very fast, and tried visualizing my dream scene, but all that happened is that the blackness of my eyelids started to get darker, and darker, and darker. That kept happening so I just gave up and rolled over.
      If you have not done so yet, check out this WILD class. It will explain everything.