• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 24 of 24

    Thread: kegel exercises

    1. #1
      Member sheogorath's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Gender
      Posts
      321
      Likes
      12

      kegel exercises

      do they really work like some health sites say that they do? Has anyone gotten any good results? it sounds too good to be true.

    2. #2
      stellar flotsam <span class='glow_808080'>cygnus</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      LD Count
      lots
      Gender
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      1,217
      Likes
      92
      what kind of results were you referring to?
      stabilization guides:
      foundations -=- DCs & coherence

    3. #3
      .. / .- / .- .-. guitarboy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      LD Count
      Over 9000
      Gender
      Location
      Homeward Bound
      Posts
      1,571
      Likes
      49
      Putting weights in?

    4. #4
      Miss Sixy <span class='glow_FFFFFF'>Maria92</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      LD Count
      Mortal Mist
      Gender
      Location
      Seiren
      Posts
      5,003
      Likes
      1408
      DJ Entries
      82
      Quote Originally Posted by sheogorath View Post
      do they really work like some health sites say that they do? Has anyone gotten any good results? it sounds too good to be true.
      Well, if you're looking for multiple orgasms (yes, men can have them, too), kegels are exactly what you're looking for. Just type in "male multiple orgasm" into Google, then click the Wikipedia page. Nervous to post it myself, though.

      EDIT: Yeah, I've had excellent results with these.
      Last edited by Mario92; 12-01-2009 at 07:55 AM.

      Click the sig for my Dream Journal
      444 Dreams Recalled
      13 Lucid Dreams

    5. #5
      stellar flotsam <span class='glow_808080'>cygnus</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      LD Count
      lots
      Gender
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      1,217
      Likes
      92
      Quote Originally Posted by guitarboy View Post
      Putting weights in?
      haha, actually i've read about putting a towel over yourself when you're semi-erect and lifting it up repeatedly. but just clenching the muscles once in a while should do it.

      Quote Originally Posted by Mario92 View Post
      Well, if you're looking for multiple orgasms (yes, men can have them, too), kegels are exactly what you're looking for. Just type in "male multiple orgasm" into Google, then click the Wikipedia page. Nervous to post it myself, though.

      EDIT: Yeah, I've had excellent results with these.
      yeah, the point is to squeeze the PC muscles to prevent ejaculation. there are a lot of reasons why this is a good thing to learn anyways.
      stabilization guides:
      foundations -=- DCs & coherence

    6. #6
      .. / .- / .- .-. guitarboy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      LD Count
      Over 9000
      Gender
      Location
      Homeward Bound
      Posts
      1,571
      Likes
      49
      Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
      haha, actually i've read about putting a towel over yourself when you're semi-erect and lifting it up repeatedly. but just clenching the muscles once in a while should do it.
      I didn't realize the OP was male, I was referring to the female exercise.

      Whenever I'm bored I get semi erect and clench the pc muscle, hold, repeat.

    7. #7
      Member sheogorath's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Gender
      Posts
      321
      Likes
      12
      Yeah, I am a male, and I was talking about multiple orgasms I just read about it the other night and i that WTH? is that seriously possible? Why dont more people do it? I have been clenching the muscle (I hope it is the right one, it is kind of between my legs). I will keep practicing now that i have heard that it actually works.

    8. #8
      .. / .- / .- .-. guitarboy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      LD Count
      Over 9000
      Gender
      Location
      Homeward Bound
      Posts
      1,571
      Likes
      49
      Quote Originally Posted by sheogorath View Post
      Yeah, I am a male, and I was talking about multiple orgasms I just read about it the other night and i that WTH? is that seriously possible? Why dont more people do it? I have been clenching the muscle (I hope it is the right one, it is kind of between my legs). I will keep practicing now that i have heard that it actually works.
      Yah, it works. Ninja made a tut on it. You'll know when you clench the muscle, it's what you use to stop peeing/hold it in as your peeing.

    9. #9
      Miss Sixy <span class='glow_FFFFFF'>Maria92</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      LD Count
      Mortal Mist
      Gender
      Location
      Seiren
      Posts
      5,003
      Likes
      1408
      DJ Entries
      82
      Quote Originally Posted by sheogorath View Post
      Yeah, I am a male, and I was talking about multiple orgasms I just read about it the other night and i that WTH? is that seriously possible? Why dont more people do it? I have been clenching the muscle (I hope it is the right one, it is kind of between my legs). I will keep practicing now that i have heard that it actually works.
      Quote Originally Posted by guitarboy View Post
      Yah, it works. Ninja made a tut on it. You'll know when you clench the muscle, it's what you use to stop peeing/hold it in as your peeing.
      Yeah, the muscle used to halt urine mid-stream. It is not recommended that you frequently do this, but it can be good for locating the muscle in question. I think the norm is about a month before your pelvic floor muscles are strong enough, though it varies from person to person. Timing is the other critical factor. It can be difficult to learn the exact timing, as your window of opportunity is quite small. I found a great tutorial here. (@ mods...DON'T BAN ME, BRO!)

      Guitarboy, see if you can dig up that link to Ninja's tuotorial.

      Click the sig for my Dream Journal
      444 Dreams Recalled
      13 Lucid Dreams

    10. #10
      stellar flotsam <span class='glow_808080'>cygnus</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      LD Count
      lots
      Gender
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      1,217
      Likes
      92
      haha you won't get banned mario.


      one thing that nobody seems to want to clarify is if these exercises can have any negative effects beyond some point of usage...
      stabilization guides:
      foundations -=- DCs & coherence

    11. #11
      widdershins modality Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze 10000 Hall Points
      Taosaur's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Ohiopolis
      Posts
      4,843
      Likes
      1003
      DJ Entries
      19
      Interesting link, Mario92. I have about a month before I'm likely to get laid again--perhaps I'll go into training
      If you have a sense of caring for others, you will manifest a kind of inner strength in spite of your own difficulties and problems. With this strength, your own problems will seem less significant and bothersome to you. By going beyond your own problems and taking care of others, you gain inner strength, self-confidence, courage, and a greater sense of calm.Dalai Lama



    12. #12
      Miss Sixy <span class='glow_FFFFFF'>Maria92</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      LD Count
      Mortal Mist
      Gender
      Location
      Seiren
      Posts
      5,003
      Likes
      1408
      DJ Entries
      82
      Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
      haha you won't get banned mario.


      one thing that nobody seems to want to clarify is if these exercises can have any negative effects beyond some point of usage...
      No, I haven't heard of any negative effects with kegel exercises. What are you gonna do...pull a muscle?

      Click the sig for my Dream Journal
      444 Dreams Recalled
      13 Lucid Dreams

    13. #13
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      2,503
      Likes
      217
      Quote Originally Posted by Mario92 View Post
      No, I haven't heard of any negative effects with kegel exercises. What are you gonna do...pull a muscle?
      Like all muscles, if you overtrain, you'll get pretty sore. You don't need to do a thousand kegels. Just do maybe 3 sets of 20 quality ones (compress slowly, hold for 3-5 seconds, decompress slowly). Then you can do the "hold hard for as long as you can" exercise. I've just recently started doing them. I'm curious to see where it goes.

    14. #14
      .. / .- / .- .-. guitarboy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      LD Count
      Over 9000
      Gender
      Location
      Homeward Bound
      Posts
      1,571
      Likes
      49
      Quote Originally Posted by Mario92 View Post

      Guitarboy, see if you can dig up that link to Ninja's tuotorial.
      Here yah go

    15. #15
      stellar flotsam <span class='glow_808080'>cygnus</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      LD Count
      lots
      Gender
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      1,217
      Likes
      92
      Quote Originally Posted by Mario92 View Post
      No, I haven't heard of any negative effects with kegel exercises. What are you gonna do...pull a muscle?
      someone mentioned to me that they might be linked to ED later on, but that sounds weird because of all the 60 yr old taoists who are doing fine.

      Quote Originally Posted by Taosaur View Post
      I have about a month before I'm likely to get laid again--perhaps I'll go into training
      damn tao! i wish my getting laid schedule was that predictable.
      stabilization guides:
      foundations -=- DCs & coherence

    16. #16
      Miss Sixy <span class='glow_FFFFFF'>Maria92</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      LD Count
      Mortal Mist
      Gender
      Location
      Seiren
      Posts
      5,003
      Likes
      1408
      DJ Entries
      82
      Quote Originally Posted by guitarboy View Post
      Ninja just made it onto my "awesome" list.

      Click the sig for my Dream Journal
      444 Dreams Recalled
      13 Lucid Dreams

    17. #17
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      5,165
      Likes
      709
      It is not to good to be true. Its not an easy quick thing, it is exercise and can take months. The obvious reason why people don't do it, is the same reason people don't exercise in general. They are just lazy.

    18. #18
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      2,503
      Likes
      217
      Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
      someone mentioned to me that they might be linked to ED later on, but that sounds weird because of all the 60 yr old taoists who are doing fine.
      I heard it was an excellent way to get over ED, not acquire it later on.

    19. #19
      Member sheogorath's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Gender
      Posts
      321
      Likes
      12
      Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
      It is not to good to be true. Its not an easy quick thing, it is exercise and can take months. The obvious reason why people don't do it, is the same reason people don't exercise in general. They are just lazy.
      But is is just like doing RCs, it doesn't require anything special, just remembering to do it, and you can do it while you do other things, so it is not as big of a deal as lifting or anything IMHO. BTW, i am making progress

    20. #20
      Banned
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Out Chasing Rabbits
      Posts
      15,193
      Likes
      929
      Oh good, looks like guitarboy found my tutorial for me, that saves me search time Yes, kegal exercises are excellent

    21. #21
      Drowning in Dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_8B0000'>Zhaylin</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      LD Count
      c. 6 since join
      Gender
      Location
      Central West Virginia, USA
      Posts
      5,767
      Likes
      4703
      DJ Entries
      199
      I've "always" been aware of that muscle. A long time ago (I think I was 20) I learned of the word "keigel" and what it's supposed to be good for. I had nothing better to do and wanted to see how many times I could tighten the muscle. It was well over 100 times and let's just say the very thought of sex turned me off for a week easily. You CAN pull that muscle lol.

      I've never really noticed anything all that great about it, but my hubby loves it. I can push him out of me during sex by using that muscle, or I can pull him in or do a combination of both.
      That's it as far as sex goes. But childbirth was aways much easier for me than most other people I've known. I was in labor for only about 2 1/2 hours for my first child.

    22. #22
      Banned
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Out Chasing Rabbits
      Posts
      15,193
      Likes
      929
      Girls who can squeeze are the best, in my experience, only about 1/10 girls can squeeze enough for me to actually feel it.

    23. #23
      Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Big Village, North America
      Posts
      1,953
      Likes
      85
      I've always known about this...But I never knew what it was. I later found it's a pressure/acupuncture/chakra point. Later, I find this thread and find out its caled a kegel...cool

    24. #24
      Miss Sixy <span class='glow_FFFFFF'>Maria92</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      LD Count
      Mortal Mist
      Gender
      Location
      Seiren
      Posts
      5,003
      Likes
      1408
      DJ Entries
      82
      Quote Originally Posted by grasshoppa View Post
      I've always known about this...But I never knew what it was. I later found it's a pressure/acupuncture/chakra point. Later, I find this thread and find out its caled a kegel...cool
      Well, technically, they are pelvic floor muscles...the exercise used to strengthen them is called a kegel.

      Click the sig for my Dream Journal
      444 Dreams Recalled
      13 Lucid Dreams

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •