• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 52
    Like Tree10Likes

    Thread: I have.....candle wax....in my ear canal

    1. #1
      Credo ut intelligam Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Noogah's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      1,527
      Likes
      137

      I have.....candle wax....in my ear canal

      Okay, I know what the remedy for wax in ear canal is.

      the best one, is to just wait for it to come out.

      But I have a big huge problem.

      I don't have just ear wax in my ear canal, I have candle wax....in my ear canal.

      I was being an idiot.

      Now, I've lost almost ALL hearing in my right ear.

      Will it come out on it's own, or will I have to suffer the fate of having a doctor get it out?
      Last edited by Noogah; 03-19-2010 at 08:02 PM.
      John 3:16

      For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    2. #2
      Member nina's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Gender
      Posts
      10,788
      Likes
      2583
      DJ Entries
      17
      Damn, that sucks. Maybe you could try some baby oil and hold your nose and try to force it out? Like when you need to pop your ears. What a strange predicament. Also considering the amount of ear wax people produce, I'm assuming the ear has some sort of...natural means of cleaning itself? I dunno though.

    3. #3
      q t pi
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      LD Count
      90009
      Gender
      Location
      Paraguay
      Posts
      1,897
      Likes
      24
      DJ Entries
      5
      why would you put that in there silly sir. Try hot water
      if you can read this then you are about to be punched

    4. #4
      Credo ut intelligam Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Noogah's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      1,527
      Likes
      137
      Quote Originally Posted by Aquanina View Post
      Dang, that sucks. Maybe you could try some baby oil and hold your nose and try to force it out? Like when you need to pop your ears. What a strange predicament. Also considering the amount of ear wax people produce, I'm assuming the ear has some sort of...natural means of cleaning itself? I dunno though.
      Fortunately, God has indeed supplied the ear canal with a natural means of removing ear wax. It usually takes about a week for the canal to totally clean itself.

      However, ear wax is much softer than candle wax, and so I'm wondering if it will also come out.
      John 3:16

      For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    5. #5
      Antagonist Invader's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Location
      Discordia
      Posts
      3,239
      Likes
      533
      Doctor. You're not going to be melting candle wax out of your ear with hot water without feeling a lot of pain.

    6. #6
      Cosmic Citizen ExoByte's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      LD Count
      ~A Dozen
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      4,394
      Likes
      116
      http://www.ehow.com/how_4393022_clear-clogged-ears.html
      http://www.wikihow.com/Unclog-a-Clogged-Ear

      These work absolute wonders for clogged ears, but with earwax. I don't know how effective they'll be with candlewax.
      Noogah likes this.
      This space is reserved for signature text. A signature goes here. A signature is static combination of words at the end of a post. This is not a signature. Its a signature placeholder. One day my signature will go here.

      Signed,
      Me

    7. #7
      widdershins modality Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze 10000 Hall Points
      Taosaur's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Ohiopolis
      Posts
      4,843
      Likes
      1003
      DJ Entries
      19
      If it's enough that you can barely hear out that ear, you need to not mess with it anymore and see a doctor. At the very least, if you're in high school, go to the nurse's office on Monday.
      If you have a sense of caring for others, you will manifest a kind of inner strength in spite of your own difficulties and problems. With this strength, your own problems will seem less significant and bothersome to you. By going beyond your own problems and taking care of others, you gain inner strength, self-confidence, courage, and a greater sense of calm.Dalai Lama



    8. #8
      Credo ut intelligam Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Noogah's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      1,527
      Likes
      137
      I found some of the links ExoByte gave on google, and I rinsed my ear canal out with hot water.


      It hurt. Pretty bad.


      But now, I can hear relatively well out of my right ear, and am satisfied to wait for the rest to come out on it's own.

      My mom told me a horror story about how she had a buildup in her ear canal once, and they used a wire to scrape it from her canal. By the time they were done, her ear was bleeding.

      I'm content with waiting.
      John 3:16

      For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    9. #9
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      5,165
      Likes
      709
      Yea, you are at the point where its probably best to go to the doctor. You don't want to dig yourself any deeper.

    10. #10
      Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      3
      Likes
      1
      Wow. Just wow, Noogah. I'll admit though, I lol'd, quite hard.

    11. #11
      Credo ut intelligam Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Noogah's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      1,527
      Likes
      137
      Quote Originally Posted by Alwaaaays View Post
      Wow. Just wow, Noogah. I'll admit though, I lol'd, quite hard.
      If you say you have not done something stupid in your lifetime, you will be lying.
      John 3:16

      For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    12. #12
      Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      3
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Noogah View Post
      If you say you have not done something stupid in your lifetime, you will be lying.
      To this magnitude? Yeah... no. I don't even know how someone manages to get candle wax in the ear in the first place. A testament to your intelligence, Noogah.
      Mario92 likes this.

    13. #13
      Credo ut intelligam Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Noogah's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      1,527
      Likes
      137
      Quote Originally Posted by Alwaaaays View Post
      To this magnitude? Yeah... no. I don't even know how someone manages to get candle wax in the ear in the first place. A testament to your intelligence, Noogah.
      In fact, this is a matter of rather small "magnitude". Getting candle wax in the ear canal is actually quite easy.

      1.Pick up the wax

      2. Place the wax in the ear

      3....right. That's all.

      I am certain that a little bit of thought would have brought you to said conclusion. I would return your insult and say that your inability to arrive at this conclusion is a "testament to your intelligence", but I'm quite confident that you knew how it could be done.


      Also, candle wax can be used as an effective ear plug. It is moldable, thus conforms to the shape of the ear, and retains relative flexibility due to the temperature of the ear canal, and so conforms to chewing etc.

      I pushed in too far this time.
      Last edited by Noogah; 03-27-2010 at 09:25 AM.
      John 3:16

      For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    14. #14
      Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      3
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Noogah View Post
      As a matter of fact, this is a matter of rather small "magnitude". Getting candle wax in the ear canal is actually quite easy.

      1.Pick up the wax

      2. Place the wax in the ear

      3....right. That's all.

      I am certain that a little bit of thought would have brought you to said conclusion.
      If you made the conscientious decision to pick up candle wax and place it in your ear, thinking it was a good idea, that is in fact idiocy of a great magnitude.

      Quote Originally Posted by Noogah View Post
      Also, candle wax can be used as an effective ear plug.
      It would appear so, based on the fact you couldn't hear out of your right ear.

    15. #15
      Credo ut intelligam Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Noogah's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      1,527
      Likes
      137
      Quote Originally Posted by Alwaaaays View Post
      If you made the conscientious decision to pick up candle wax and place it in your ear, thinking it was a good idea, that is in fact idiocy of a great magnitude.
      It was a good idea for reasons I have already stated. What was not a good idea was to push it in as far as I did. However, that is a very simplistic and easy to make mistake.

      Quote Originally Posted by Alwaaaays View Post
      It would appear so, based on the fact you couldn't hear out of your right ear.
      ...and that would mean that my endeavor was successful.
      John 3:16

      For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    16. #16
      Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      4,571
      Likes
      1070
      Quote Originally Posted by Noogah View Post
      It was a good idea for reasons I have already stated.
      Ha ha ha ha, you got wax in your brain, too?
      Quote Originally Posted by Noogah
      I was being an idiot.


      But at least you can take solace in the fact that you have brought so much laughter to so many people.

    17. #17
      Member TamiDoll's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      364
      Likes
      23
      It wasn't a good idea, will never be a good idea. If you wanted to reduce the level of noise, you could've used ear plugs.

      I lol'd.

    18. #18
      Credo ut intelligam Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Noogah's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      1,527
      Likes
      137
      You speak as thought the subject is objective. That is rather unintelligent of you, Tami.

      Since when have you been the unquestionable expert on all things ear?
      John 3:16

      For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    19. #19
      Ad absurdum Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Spartiate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Block 4500-7000
      Posts
      4,825
      Likes
      1112
      Yeah Tami, stop being unintelligent.

    20. #20
      Off with the fairies... Daydreamer14's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      LD Count
      50+
      Gender
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      324
      Likes
      32
      Well, I once had a white-out pen explode in my mouth. (I bit the end and all the white crap flooded into my mouth.)
      Nothing like your situation, though.

      I honestly think you should go to the doctor, only because if you try doing too many things to it, it may just get worse...
      If you really don't want to go, though, maybe try putting hot water in your ear and tilting your head so that it has a chance to try and move the wax before you tip it out..?

      Good luck..

    21. #21
      Member TamiDoll's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      364
      Likes
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by Noogah View Post
      You speak as thought the subject is objective. That is rather unintelligent of you, Tami.

      Since when have you been the unquestionable expert on all things ear?
      And anybody else figures what you did was a good idea? Any hands?

      Wait, I'll be nice. *raises hand*

    22. #22
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,952
      Likes
      5837
      DJ Entries
      172
      Damn people... seriously, it's not THAT stupid. I can see making earplugs out of wax. I know people used to do it all the time back in the day, before you could just walk into a mega mart at 4 in the morning and pick up anything you want in custom plastic packaging manufactured for your consumerist convenience.

      In my grandfather's day they used to have to make most of what they needed... including clothes.

      Wax would make a good earplug, as long as you leave a big chunk of it sticking out so you can pull it out later. Not hard to see somebody not realizing that on a first attempt.

    23. #23
      Credo ut intelligam Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Noogah's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      1,527
      Likes
      137
      Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer14
      honestly think you should go to the doctor, only because if you try doing too many things to it, it may just get worse
      'Fraid your a bit late. I left it alone, and it's nearly all gone, so, I'm fine.
      John 3:16

      For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

    24. #24
      Ad absurdum Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Spartiate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Block 4500-7000
      Posts
      4,825
      Likes
      1112
      Quote Originally Posted by Noogah View Post
      'Fraid your a bit late. I left it alone, and it's nearly all gone, so, I'm fine.
      It's migrated deeper into your cranial cavity.

    25. #25
      widdershins modality Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze 10000 Hall Points
      Taosaur's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Ohiopolis
      Posts
      4,843
      Likes
      1003
      DJ Entries
      19
      Next time, try leaving a bit sticking out with the wick still in, then if it gets stuck you can light it to soften things up.

      I'm sure this is a good idea, and you will be, too
      Mario92 likes this.
      If you have a sense of caring for others, you will manifest a kind of inner strength in spite of your own difficulties and problems. With this strength, your own problems will seem less significant and bothersome to you. By going beyond your own problems and taking care of others, you gain inner strength, self-confidence, courage, and a greater sense of calm.Dalai Lama



    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •