• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 62
    Like Tree2Likes

    Thread: I Need to Stop

    1. #1
      Member Plorp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      24
      Likes
      0

      I Need to Stop

      Masturbating. I feel like it's getting a little out of hand. I've tried to stop before, and it's extremely difficult. It feels almost like an addiction, to be honest. I'm really tired of having it (or other things sexual in nature) on my mind all the time. Anybody have any advice pertaining to the topic?

    2. #2
      bleak... nerve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2003
      LD Count
      a lot
      Gender
      Location
      inside you
      Posts
      5,229
      Likes
      100
      watch gay porn when you get the urge. dudes if you're straight, chicks if you're gay. I get pretty turned off watching lesbians go at it. sometimes ill.

      if you're bi, I cannot help you.


      Ignorant bliss is an oxymoron; but so is miserable truth.

    3. #3
      Member Beeyahoi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      LD Count
      29
      Gender
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      241
      Likes
      17
      Quote Originally Posted by Plorp View Post
      Masturbating. I feel like it's getting a little out of hand. I've tried to stop before, and it's extremely difficult. It feels almost like an addiction, to be honest. I'm really tired of having it (or other things sexual in nature) on my mind all the time. Anybody have any advice pertaining to the topic?
      Cold turkey man. Just stop masturbating and don't give in to your urges.

      Oh, don't give in to your "I'll just watch but not tug" urges either. One thing leads to another pretty easily.

      GL

      Sig by XEDAN.

      Tax Cannabis 2010

    4. #4
      Member Plorp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      24
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by nerve View Post
      watch gay porn when you get the urge. dudes if you're straight, chicks if you're gay. I get pretty turned off watching lesbians go at it. sometimes ill.

      if you're bi, I cannot help you.
      I've never tried that before. Might be worth a shot lol

      Quote Originally Posted by Beeyahoi View Post
      Cold turkey man. Just stop masturbating and don't give in to your urges.

      Oh, don't give in to your "I'll just watch but not tug" urges either. One thing leads to another pretty easily.

      GL
      I've tried cold turkey before, and haven't gotten too far. Then again, I didn't have the determination I do now, so heck, maybe it'll work. Thanks for the advice guys

    5. #5
      Be a man of Value. Jorge's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Pico Rivera
      Posts
      529
      Likes
      22
      Quote Originally Posted by nerve View Post
      if you're bi, I cannot help you.


      Simple, watch multi-specie sex. That'll turn someone off

    6. #6
      stellar flotsam <span class='glow_808080'>cygnus</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      LD Count
      lots
      Gender
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      1,217
      Likes
      92
      i don't have this problem, but i have wondered a bit about control of your sexual nature. repression makes it worse, but reinforcing it doesn't work either. i can feel in control of myself for a while, then i find myself walking behind a girl, staring at her ass and getting lost.

      so i guess the overarching question is how to deal with basic biological urges when you don't have a girlfriend.

      what i do is have sex with girls in dreams (which can get out of hand, too) but obviously that takes more dedication. when i can do that well enough i feel better about the current dry spell in waking life.
      stabilization guides:
      foundations -=- DCs & coherence

    7. #7
      Member Plorp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      24
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
      i don't have this problem, but i have wondered a bit about control of your sexual nature. repression makes it worse, but reinforcing it doesn't work either. i can feel in control of myself for a while, then i find myself walking behind a girl, staring at her ass and getting lost.

      so i guess the overarching question is how to deal with basic biological urges when you don't have a girlfriend.

      what i do is have sex with girls in dreams (which can get out of hand, too) but obviously that takes more dedication. when i can do that well enough i feel better about the current dry spell in waking life.
      But that's the thing; if possible, I'd like to get to a point where I don't really care to do anything sexual unless the situation were to present itself.

      In other words, I don't want to want to use my dreams (or anything, really) for relieving sexual tension, if you know what I mean. And maybe simply being a teenage boy makes that impossible.

    8. #8
      stellar flotsam <span class='glow_808080'>cygnus</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      LD Count
      lots
      Gender
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      1,217
      Likes
      92
      sure, but sexual tension can build up, right? the question is how to manage it. hopefully more people will post because i think this is kind of an interesting subject.
      stabilization guides:
      foundations -=- DCs & coherence

    9. #9
      q t pi
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      LD Count
      90009
      Gender
      Location
      Paraguay
      Posts
      1,897
      Likes
      24
      DJ Entries
      5
      Go every other day for a week, every three days for a week, then stop.
      if you can read this then you are about to be punched

    10. #10
      bleak... nerve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2003
      LD Count
      a lot
      Gender
      Location
      inside you
      Posts
      5,229
      Likes
      100
      Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
      Simple, watch multi-specie sex. That'll turn someone off
      well, they may find themselves strangely turned on, and then have a whole nother problem...


      Ignorant bliss is an oxymoron; but so is miserable truth.

    11. #11
      Designated Cyberpunk Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Black_Eagle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Austin, Texas
      Posts
      2,440
      Likes
      146
      How many times a day do you masturbate?

    12. #12
      Member Plorp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      24
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by hellohihello View Post
      Go every other day for a week, every three days for a week, then stop.
      If cold turkey doesn't work, I'll try this.

      Quote Originally Posted by nerve View Post
      well, they may find themselves strangely turned on, and then have a whole nother problem...
      I lol'd

      Quote Originally Posted by Black_Eagle View Post
      How many times a day do you masturbate?
      Generally twice

    13. #13
      q t pi
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      LD Count
      90009
      Gender
      Location
      Paraguay
      Posts
      1,897
      Likes
      24
      DJ Entries
      5
      Once you pass 5 days you should be good. In my case at least
      if you can read this then you are about to be punched

    14. #14
      ex-redhat ClouD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      4,760
      Likes
      129
      DJ Entries
      1
      Masturbating twice a day is not so frequent.

      See the urges for what they are, you don't need to indulge in them, nor ignore them. Whatever you do is entirely your choice, don't consider these urges to have any power over you.

      Don't just stop masturbating with the idea that you have to fight against the urges, be aware when the feelings come and take a step back to decide what you want to do.
      You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light.

    15. #15
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Saturos's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      309
      Likes
      55
      DJ Entries
      1
      I recently had this problem. I cut down to masturbating only three times a week, and then I just quit altogether, and I have been going strong for about 10 days, and honestly, I feel amazing. I feel so refreshed, and I just generally am in a better mood. I highly suggest you go for it.

    16. #16
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      5,165
      Likes
      709
      Well here is the important question you need to ask yourself. Are you masturbating because you need to, or because you are bored? This works for people who are overweight too. You eat because you feel the need, or because you are bored?

      People do things like eat and masturbate a lot when they are bored and have nothing else to do. You can probably distract yourself from it, you just need to find something else that is fun to do.

    17. #17
      Extreme Procrastinator Paraknight's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      247
      Likes
      20
      Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
      Well here is the important question you need to ask yourself. Are you masturbating because you need to, or because you are bored? This works for people who are overweight too. You eat because you feel the need, or because you are bored?

      People do things like eat and masturbate a lot when they are bored and have nothing else to do. You can probably distract yourself from it, you just need to find something else that is fun to do.
      I can only second that. Or else get a gf. I personally think watching gay porn, googleing genital diseases or thinking of your grandma won't get you anywhere since you can simply chose not to. If it's porn that is leading to anything download the free version of this: http://www1.k9webprotection.com/ and type in a password with your eyes closed. That way if the urge ever gets too strong, you won't be able to even if you wanted.

      If it's just masturbating in general, doing lots of sports is the key. And I mean a lot. Give yourself no time to masturbate. Think about your mom or your sister or gay porn the instant you get an urge to. And don't eat foods that will boost your testosterone levels. Then cut down gradually until you stop completely to know that you're free of it.

    18. #18
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      5,165
      Likes
      709
      Looking up gay porn and bad stuff is probably a bad idea. Since you are going to relate being aroused to that sort of stuff. Which either means you are going to start enjoying it, or you will no longer be able to get aroused at all.

    19. #19
      Extreme Procrastinator Paraknight's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      247
      Likes
      20
      Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
      Looking up gay porn and bad stuff is probably a bad idea. Since you are going to relate being aroused to that sort of stuff. Which either means you are going to start enjoying it, or you will no longer be able to get aroused at all.
      Yeah I was thinking about that. Like Pavlov's dog associates hearing a bell ring with food. I guess you simply have to be confident of your sexuality then. I for one know that it will never happen to me. Or else just find something that is guaranteed to turn you off like puppies dying or something.

    20. #20
      Member Plorp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      24
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Saturos View Post
      I recently had this problem. I cut down to masturbating only three times a week, and then I just quit altogether, and I have been going strong for about 10 days, and honestly, I feel amazing. I feel so refreshed, and I just generally am in a better mood. I highly suggest you go for it.
      I'm glad you're doing so well, and hearing about it's definitely motivation for me

      Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
      Well here is the important question you need to ask yourself. Are you masturbating because you need to, or because you are bored? This works for people who are overweight too. You eat because you feel the need, or because you are bored?

      People do things like eat and masturbate a lot when they are bored and have nothing else to do. You can probably distract yourself from it, you just need to find something else that is fun to do.
      I honestly don't know, I think a bit of both. It definitely does feel like it's become a very 'important' part of my day though; I'm often looking forward to it without realizing.

      Quote Originally Posted by Paraknight View Post
      I can only second that. Or else get a gf. I personally think watching gay porn, googleing genital diseases or thinking of your grandma won't get you anywhere since you can simply chose not to. If it's porn that is leading to anything download the free version of this: http://www1.k9webprotection.com/ and type in a password with your eyes closed. That way if the urge ever gets too strong, you won't be able to even if you wanted.

      If it's just masturbating in general, doing lots of sports is the key. And I mean a lot. Give yourself no time to masturbate. Think about your mom or your sister or gay porn the instant you get an urge to. And don't eat foods that will boost your testosterone levels. Then cut down gradually until you stop completely to know that you're free of it.
      I don't THINK it's porn, because I've gone for long periods of time without it and not had any problems. And the prospect of giving it up doesn't really phase me.

      The sports thing is an interesting idea, I had never thought about it before. I enjoy soccer, but have slacked on playing for a while now. Maybe I'll start playing a ton like I used to.

      Also, what foods boost your testosterone levels?

    21. #21
      Member Plorp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      24
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
      Looking up gay porn and bad stuff is probably a bad idea. Since you are going to relate being aroused to that sort of stuff. Which either means you are going to start enjoying it, or you will no longer be able to get aroused at all.
      Quote Originally Posted by Paraknight View Post
      Yeah I was thinking about that. Like Pavlov's dog associates hearing a bell ring with food. I guess you simply have to be confident of your sexuality then. I for one know that it will never happen to me. Or else just find something that is guaranteed to turn you off like puppies dying or something.
      And I see your guys' point, but, for one, I don't believe you can really 'train' yourself to be attracted to the same sex (not to start a heated debate on the topic or anything).

      If done enough, I suppose you could train your mind to associate arousal with with images of homosexual sex (and consequently become unaroused, depending on the person). But I would think that would take months of doing it to really engrave it into your subconscious (I may be way off on this, I really don't have much knowledge of the topic).

    22. #22
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      5,165
      Likes
      709
      Personally, I think if you watch enough straight porn the same thing happens. Since there are men and woman in straight porn and you are exposed to both. However there is a big difference to having a preference and then subtly reinforcing it by doing the stuff you like. And doing something you out right hate, and reinforcing that with pleasure.

    23. #23
      Member Plorp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      24
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
      Personally, I think if you watch enough straight porn the same thing happens. Since there are men and woman in straight porn and you are exposed to both. However there is a big difference to having a preference and then subtly reinforcing it by doing the stuff you like. And doing something you out right hate, and reinforcing that with pleasure.
      I'm not sure I understand completely. Are you saying that, theoretically, if you watch enough straight porn you could become attracted to males, since you associate porn with sexual arousal and males are often involved?

    24. #24
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      5,165
      Likes
      709
      Yes, I think its possible. Though there are women too, so you would still be attracted to women. It would probably be such a gradual thing you would never even notice though.

    25. #25
      Ad absurdum Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Spartiate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Block 4500-7000
      Posts
      4,825
      Likes
      1112
      I'm guessing you don't have a girlfriend? They can help with this kind of stuff...

    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •