• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 16 of 16
    1. #1
      Reggie
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      LD Count
      5
      Location
      Murhjiik
      Posts
      664
      Likes
      30

      Question Change in voice PUBERTY

      So, my voice is changing over the past 2 years. Im 14. And sometimes people cant understand what i am saying when i talk just, normally. They say speak more clear. but i cannot, because its quite deep somtimes to understand what im saying so i really have to MOUTH the words. If you know what i mean. Its not always deep. Sometimes i put on a fake voice like, i have to lighten my throat to sound higher so they can understand me. Will it develop better as i grow older?

      thank you.

    2. #2
      not so sure.. Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      dajo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      LD Count
      ca 25
      Gender
      Location
      Phnom Penh
      Posts
      1,465
      Likes
      178
      No, the way your voice is during your puberty, it will stay forever.

      That's why you have so many squeaky grown ups running around


      ...

    3. #3
      Reggie
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      LD Count
      5
      Location
      Murhjiik
      Posts
      664
      Likes
      30
      No it isnt, i learnt about it yesturday. I dont appreciate the scare ;/

    4. #4
      not so sure.. Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      dajo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      LD Count
      ca 25
      Gender
      Location
      Phnom Penh
      Posts
      1,465
      Likes
      178
      I thought the sarcasm was obvious in the first line. You already made a thread about
      puberty and this is so insanely common sense that I wasn't sure if you were kidding.

      But to be on the safe side, I added the second line. An obviously wrong statement,
      since there are not 'many squeaky grown ups running around' and this sentence
      in itself was so ridiculous that I was sure it could not be mistaken as being serious.

      Finally, to make it 99 percent foolproof, I added this "... ".

      I know small children have an inability to understand sarcasm, but you're old enough.
      Anyway - it is absolutely normal that your voice changes through puberty. And no, it
      doesn't change permanently over night and yes, that awkward sound will pass in time.

      stop worrying so much
      Last edited by dajo; 04-16-2010 at 11:01 AM.

    5. #5
      Reggie
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      LD Count
      5
      Location
      Murhjiik
      Posts
      664
      Likes
      30
      Quote Originally Posted by dajo View Post
      I thought the sarcasm was obvious in the first line. You already made a thread about
      puberty and this is so insanely common sense that I wasn't sure if you were kidding.

      But to be on the safe side, I added the second line. An obviously wrong statement,
      since there are not 'many squeaky grown ups running around' and this sentence
      in itself was so ridiculous that I was sure it could not be mistaken as being serious.

      Finally, to make it 99 percent foolproof, I added this "... ".

      I know small children have an inability to understand sarcasm, but you're old enough.
      Anyway - it is absolutely normal that your voice changes through puberty. And no, it
      doesn't change permanently over night and yes, that awkward sound will pass in time.

      stop worrying so much
      I appreciate the comment, but i knew you were being sarcastic. I just wasnt in the mood for it. Just a normal question next time.

    6. #6
      not so sure.. Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      dajo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      LD Count
      ca 25
      Gender
      Location
      Phnom Penh
      Posts
      1,465
      Likes
      178
      you mean answer? A simple 'yes' seemed too much like spam.

      and you could have gotten worse..
      Last edited by dajo; 04-17-2010 at 02:12 AM.

    7. #7
      Reggie
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      LD Count
      5
      Location
      Murhjiik
      Posts
      664
      Likes
      30
      Wasnt really an answer though. Just a pointless comment. Youve posted 3 times so far i havent got a straight answer. Just dont bother posting on this anymore.

    8. #8
      not so sure.. Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      dajo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      LD Count
      ca 25
      Gender
      Location
      Phnom Penh
      Posts
      1,465
      Likes
      178
      Quote Originally Posted by dajo View Post
      Anyway - it is absolutely normal that your voice changes through puberty. And no, it
      doesn't change permanently over night and yes, that awkward sound will pass in time.
      ... how is this not straight?

      Ok, I'm out.
      Last edited by dajo; 04-17-2010 at 12:24 PM.

    9. #9
      BICYCLE RIGHTS Catbus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      LD Count
      thou, yea?
      Gender
      Location
      occupied east tennessee
      Posts
      1,517
      Likes
      95
      DJ Entries
      4
      Why did you start a new thread?

    10. #10
      Legend Jeff777's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Gender
      Posts
      8,052
      Likes
      1511
      Aww, I remember when my balls dropped and my adams apple started protruding. Fond memories.

      No worries, voice cracking is cute and when I was growing up, most girls giggled at the process.
      Things are not as they seem

    11. #11
      Reggie
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      LD Count
      5
      Location
      Murhjiik
      Posts
      664
      Likes
      30
      Quote Originally Posted by Jeff777 View Post
      Aww, I remember when my balls dropped and my adams apple started protruding. Fond memories.

      No worries, voice cracking is cute and when I was growing up, most girls giggled at the process.
      Yes but mine isnt like an overdriven guitar. Its like, hard to speak sometimes and goes deep sometimes. It will adjust? My adams apple is quite big btw.

    12. #12
      ex-redhat ClouD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      4,760
      Likes
      129
      DJ Entries
      1
      I have gone through much of puberty now, my voice is still high-pitched. It sounds like a 'clear mumble' with any deeper resonance sounding somewhat strained.

      You're 14 and have a deep voice? The chicks are gonna dribble on your vocal chords when it smooths out, don't be worried.
      You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light.

    13. #13
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Posts
      78
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by dajo View Post
      I thought the sarcasm was obvious in the first line. You already made a thread about
      puberty and this is so insanely common sense that I wasn't sure if you were kidding.

      But to be on the safe side, I added the second line. An obviously wrong statement,
      since there are not 'many squeaky grown ups running around' and this sentence
      in itself was so ridiculous that I was sure it could not be mistaken as being serious.

      Finally, to make it 99 percent foolproof, I added this "... ".

      I know small children have an inability to understand sarcasm, but you're old enough.
      Anyway - it is absolutely normal that your voice changes through puberty. And no, it
      doesn't change permanently over night and yes, that awkward sound will pass in time.

      stop worrying so much
      Hey! I get sarcasm, and I'm a year younger than him!

      My voice still cracks every once in awhile, but I've pretty much stabilized....

    14. #14
      not so sure.. Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      dajo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      LD Count
      ca 25
      Gender
      Location
      Phnom Penh
      Posts
      1,465
      Likes
      178
      By small children I meant like, really small children and their inabilty to
      understand sarcasm
      . So on average, by the age of six you detect it and
      by the age of ten you understand the humor in it. Didn't mean to offend.

    15. #15
      Il Buoиo Siиdяed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Gender
      Location
      иowheяe
      Posts
      3,846
      Likes
      390
      Why do you not understand puberty at all. I mean. Seriously.

      It's in the process of change. Enjoy the fun that brings.

      My voice just smoothly switched to deep some time in primary school. No fuss, no nonsense. So whilst I cannot sympathise with the plight of the squeaky voiced adolescent, I can mock. Mock cruelly.

    16. #16
      Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Where ever
      Posts
      365
      Likes
      27
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucidness View Post
      So, my voice is changing over the past 2 years. Im 14. And sometimes people cant understand what i am saying when i talk just, normally. They say speak more clear. but i cannot, because its quite deep somtimes to understand what im saying so i really have to MOUTH the words. If you know what i mean. Its not always deep. Sometimes i put on a fake voice like, i have to lighten my throat to sound higher so they can understand me. Will it develop better as i grow older?

      thank you.
      There is a cure for this. Walk around with a balloon full of helium.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •