• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 15 of 15
    Like Tree16Likes
    • 1 Post By StygianThemis
    • 2 Post By Charles3
    • 2 Post By lucidbunnie
    • 2 Post By LighrkVader
    • 2 Post By Hukif
    • 1 Post By StygianThemis
    • 1 Post By lucidbunnie
    • 1 Post By Charles3
    • 1 Post By Hukif
    • 1 Post By atramentis
    • 1 Post By naturespirit
    • 1 Post By goldenrose

    Thread: Dominating dream figures and consequences

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      3 years registered 1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class

      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      LD Count
      26
      Location
      Dallas, Texas, United States
      Posts
      19
      Likes
      18

      What is the best way to interact with dream figures?

      What degree of control do you have over dream figures, generally?

      And do you use assertive commands, passive expectations, or being kind to get figures to do what you want? I.e., telling you stuff or maybe even being dedicated to outright giving you lucidity each time yoy dream.
      Last edited by StygianThemis; 04-21-2018 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Removing extraneous data
      Charles3 likes this.

    2. #2
      Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal 1 year registered
      Charles3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      LD Count
      ~150
      Posts
      156
      Likes
      311
      DJ Entries
      153
      Quote Originally Posted by StygianThemis View Post
      What degree of control do you have over dream figures, generally?

      And do you use assertive commands, passive expectations, or being kind to get figures to do what you want? I.e., telling you stuff or maybe even being dedicated to outright giving you lucidity each time yoy dream.
      Hi StygianThemis! I have tended to want to be kind to dream figures and assume they are as sentient as me.
      lucidbunnie and StygianThemis like this.

    3. #3
      Dreaming Bunnies Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class
      lucidbunnie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      LD Count
      Numerous
      Gender
      Location
      Multiple Realities
      Posts
      310
      Likes
      413
      DJ Entries
      7
      I would treat them and interact with them the same way I would to people in waking. It's been something I been doing ever since I been consciously lucid. Only few times I commanded DCs are when they are being hostile or when they are about to attack me. In those cases, I would also append it with kind request to be more friendly.
      Charles3 and StygianThemis like this.

    4. #4
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points
      LighrkVader's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2017
      Gender
      Posts
      272
      Likes
      310
      DJ Entries
      3
      DC's are mostly very accomodating to me and I just ask nicely or imply what I want. If they are difficult, violent or disrespectful I tend to loose patience much more quickly than I would in waking life.

      If such a thing is possible, I probably have a bad reputation in the dream world and the characters are just being nice so I won't get mad
      Charles3 and StygianThemis like this.
      Half of the time we're gone and we don't know where...

    5. #5
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      Hukif's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      LD Count
      6584
      Gender
      Location
      México
      Posts
      4,123
      Likes
      1148
      DJ Entries
      94
      Depends of the figure and what they are doing, most of the time however I am a very agressive dreamer and tend to make them submit by force
      StygianThemis and Charles3 like this.
      Creating a new persistent realm, claiming it and breaking the last seal I made back in the beggining of my journey are my goals right now

    6. #6
      Member Achievements:
      3 years registered 1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class

      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      LD Count
      26
      Location
      Dallas, Texas, United States
      Posts
      19
      Likes
      18
      Quote Originally Posted by Hukif View Post
      Depends of the figure and what they are doing, most of the time however I am a very agressive dreamer and tend to make them submit by force
      I've recently been leaning that way, myself, impulsively. Have you noticed if they respond equally with aggression in your dreams or do they always submit?

      And, have you noticed it negatively or positively impacting your lucidity?
      Coatl likes this.

    7. #7
      Member Achievements:
      3 years registered 1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class

      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      LD Count
      26
      Location
      Dallas, Texas, United States
      Posts
      19
      Likes
      18
      Quote Originally Posted by Charles3 View Post
      Hi StygianThemis! I have tended to want to be kind to dream figures and assume they are as sentient as me.
      Hello, Charles. That's what I've read you should do. :/ Treat them well, because they are you.

      Quote Originally Posted by lucidbunnie View Post
      I would treat them and interact with them the same way I would to people in waking. It's been something I been doing ever since I been consciously lucid. Only few times I commanded DCs are when they are being hostile or when they are about to attack me. In those cases, I would also append it with kind request to be more friendly.
      Have you noticed any enhanced or more consistent lucidity due to treating figures well? Or ever tried asking dream figures to make you lucid during dreams?

      Quote Originally Posted by LighrkVader View Post
      DC's are mostly very accomodating to me and I just ask nicely or imply what I want. If they are difficult, violent or disrespectful I tend to loose patience much more quickly than I would in waking life.

      If such a thing is possible, I probably have a bad reputation in the dream world and the characters are just being nice so I won't get mad
      I noticed this, as well: losing patience. I asked a dream figure for two separate things, and he replied no each time. I ended up responding with domineering aggression and demanding he obey me, which shocked me a bit.

      Hmm. That happened to me a couple nights ago, I guess. The dream figures referred to me as "Hitler" while changing into servant attire, after I blasted one of them for not telling me what I wanted to know. >_> They didn't seem upset, though. Just matter-of-factly "Okay Hitler." xD Made me feel kinda bad for blasting a couple of them.

    8. #8
      Dreaming Bunnies Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class
      lucidbunnie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      LD Count
      Numerous
      Gender
      Location
      Multiple Realities
      Posts
      310
      Likes
      413
      DJ Entries
      7
      Quote Originally Posted by StygianThemis View Post
      Have you noticed any enhanced or more consistent lucidity due to treating figures well? Or ever tried asking dream figures to make you lucid during dreams?
      I have noticed harmonious lucid dreams being more stable. I never talk to my DC's as if they are dream characters or as if I'm in a dream. I don't know what'll happen if I do that and I'm not very keen to find out. I only bring up dreaming if they do so themselves. Only DC that openly talks about dreaming and lucidity is my SO's DC as well as a hyperconscious entity that claims to be her after my SO's passing. This one gives me several prompts to trigger lucidity on a regular basis and has made me lucid several times. Occasionally she even keeps the dream stable for me. I can tell my SO's DC and this entity apart though they look mostly the same, sometimes this entity embodies my SO's DC blending into the dream. I can talk to her freely about the dream. ^^
      StygianThemis likes this.

    9. #9
      Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal 1 year registered
      Charles3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      LD Count
      ~150
      Posts
      156
      Likes
      311
      DJ Entries
      153
      Quote Originally Posted by StygianThemis View Post
      Hello, Charles. That's what I've read you should do. :/ Treat them well, because they are you.
      Well I am not perfect in that. Sometimes I naturally am kind towards Dream Figures. Other times I have flipped out and stuff.
      StygianThemis likes this.

    10. #10
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      Hukif's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      LD Count
      6584
      Gender
      Location
      México
      Posts
      4,123
      Likes
      1148
      DJ Entries
      94
      Quote Originally Posted by StygianThemis View Post
      I've recently been leaning that way, myself, impulsively. Have you noticed if they respond equally with aggression in your dreams or do they always submit?

      And, have you noticed it negatively or positively impacting your lucidity?
      It depends most of the time. Some will just submit due to fear, while some others try to fight me back. It sometimes spans over several dreams where they try to attack me back, but it doesn't really works.

      Neither, I get lucid like normal regardless of how I am acting with the DCs. Actually, when I treat them nicely tend to take a bit longer than normal to become lucid.
      StygianThemis likes this.
      Creating a new persistent realm, claiming it and breaking the last seal I made back in the beggining of my journey are my goals right now

    11. #11
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class
      atramentis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      34
      Likes
      46
      DJ Entries
      97
      I've generally had an antagonistic relationship with my dream figures. A lot of my earlier dreams were of being chased around, attacked, or imprisoned by them. When I first started learning lucidity, my newly discovered flying abilities helped a lot.

      Since then, I think it's become pretty natural for me to see them as opponents or potential sparring partners.
      StygianThemis likes this.

    12. #12
      Intrepid Explorer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points 1 year registered
      naturespirit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      LD Count
      ~312
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      255
      Likes
      283
      DJ Entries
      88
      Generally, I have a positive and benevolent relationship with dream figures, and even shy and timid with them. Nonetheless, I do have the occasional antagonistic encounter, usually for 'breaching' dream laws.
      StygianThemis likes this.
      Follow my blog Dreamstasia and learn about lucidity!

      Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

    13. #13
      Member Achievements:
      3 years registered 1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class

      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      LD Count
      26
      Location
      Dallas, Texas, United States
      Posts
      19
      Likes
      18
      Quote Originally Posted by naturespirit View Post
      Generally, I have a positive and benevolent relationship with dream figures, and even shy and timid with them. Nonetheless, I do have the occasional antagonistic encounter, usually for 'breaching' dream laws.
      That is interesting. What kind of dream laws?

    14. #14
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1 year registered
      goldenrose's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      LD Count
      13+
      Gender
      Location
      Pluto
      Posts
      5
      Likes
      7
      DJ Entries
      17
      I treat dream characters mostly as I treat people in the real world: with kindness, unless they are cruel to me. I do, however, ask strange questions that I would not ask people in real life, because I sometimes receive interesting responses.
      StygianThemis likes this.

    15. #15
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered

      Join Date
      May 2017
      Posts
      27
      Likes
      24
      Communication with dream figures is something I happen to not care much in real action for some reason, and I know I need to train it. Formerly, I was quite aggressive, often trying to beat them or rape them. They never fought back. Now I feel bad for this attitude. Can't say whether it impacts my dreaming experience, I myself would like to know the answer. The fact is that I struggle all the time to have frequent LDs.

      Now if I meet a DC, the something inside me usually decides to ignore them, which doesn't satisfy me either. But they are never hostile to me, except for a recent LD where a group of harpies jokingly(?) tied me up and said they would torture me to death. Then I finally lost my patience and reminded them that they were in a lucid dream. They looked down, nodding silently.

    Similar Threads

    1. Unknown Dream figures...
      By Morgoth in forum General Dream Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 10-12-2017, 01:40 PM
    2. Shadow figures on my dream
      By JohnPG in forum Dream Interpretation
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 04-12-2013, 04:36 AM
    3. Unresponsive dream figures
      By Poopfeast420 in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 07-18-2012, 11:22 AM
    4. Dream figures try to stop me. Why?
      By LucidLars in forum Lucid Experiences
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 03-12-2011, 05:25 AM
    5. Consequences of a Waking Life Realized as a Lucid Dream
      By It Was Willow in forum Lucid Experiences
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 04-08-2006, 03:33 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •