• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 28

    Thread: Dream Food!!!

    1. #1
      Member LucidMike14's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Gender
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      416
      Likes
      0

      Cool Dream Food!!!

      What do you guys think about dream food? I haven't had food in my dream forever, but I thought this would be a cool topic to discuss. I do remember one time I had it, it did taste pretty real
      DREAM ON

    2. #2
      slave of Lord Kromdar feverins's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Inside your head so i can eat my way out
      Posts
      20
      Likes
      0
      haha, i had popcorn a few nights ago. it tasted wonderful. perfect amounts of everything. food comes rarely in my dreams though, its like a big hint telling me i dont need it and that im dreaming or something.
      "We woke up as Farmer Joe's captive slaves. Forced to toil under the dark lord Kromdar"
      "Hey look! The Kromdar Gemstone! This means slim adventure is still at large!"
      "There's Something Stuck up you Urn Hole!"
      "Kendra - The Ethnic"
      -Wonder Showzen

    3. #3
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Gender
      Location
      California
      Posts
      65
      Likes
      0
      i actually dream about food alot, dont know why. i dont think it tastes like anything but it gets some cravings started when i wake up! :p

    4. #4
      * DV Veteran * Clairity's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Gender
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      8,809
      Likes
      87
      Food in my lucid dreams normally tastes as good (if not better) than in real life.
      .

    5. #5
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      1,331
      Likes
      7
      Quote Originally Posted by Clairity View Post
      Food in my lucid dreams normally tastes as good (if not better) than in real life.
      .
      Agreed, and the only times I find myself eating foods in my dream is if I am actually hungry in real life. When this is the case for some reason I go to a store I buy the most ridiculous amounts of food or just eat tons and tons of food and it is delicious and then I wake up and nothing is there and I am hungry. Needless to say it's a letdown.

    6. #6
      Oneironaut
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      162
      Likes
      0
      Dream food sounds awesome. Assuming you have decent lucidity, it should taste just as good as in reality. Definitely something to try, especially if the "dish" isn't from planet earth. :p
      Are you dreaming?

    7. #7
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      5,964
      Likes
      229
      I've been eating a lot in dreams (lucid and not) and it usually tastes really good. It has become a dream sign for me.

    8. #8
      Member ArCane's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      16
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Clairity View Post
      Food in my lucid dreams normally tastes as good (if not better) than in real life.
      .
      I totally agree. It doesnt happen very often for me but when I eat food in a dream it is awesome. Ive had sweets like chocolate and cake but also have had meats and other foods that taste wonderful.

    9. #9
      Member Astral__Explorer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Posts
      49
      Likes
      0
      :p

      I never was awake long enough to get my food. I remember going into a new story and they had Biscuits with BUTTER!:p

      I seen it on the menu and had to order it. I went on line and what do you know...this lady grabs my money and I chased her in the whole dream trying to get my money and when I got it I went back in line and there was no more FOOD!

    10. #10
      Psychonaut Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      LD Count
      unknown
      Gender
      Posts
      316
      Likes
      7
      I had some sort of half awake, half asleep but non-lucid dream dream about 20 minutes ago. I was at one of those weird red metal benches at Sonic with my mom. I ordered a sub sandwich with a chicken nugget on it. I can't remember exactly what it tasted like, but I remember it was amazing. It felt like a real sandwich too. That was my first dream with food in it.

    11. #11
      Member james-25:22pm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      481
      Likes
      2
      has anyone tried to eat things that arent edible to see what they taste like?

      I really want to try to eat fire, or eat a car.

      Quality LD's: 16

    12. #12
      TPV ThePhobiaViewed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Somewhere Out There
      Posts
      816
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by james_jlc View Post
      has anyone tried to eat things that arent edible to see what they taste like?

      I really want to try to eat fire, or eat a car.
      2 nights ago in a nonlucid dream I had a big rubber bouncy ball (you know a superball!) with me for some reason and I ate about half of it before realizing that I shouldn't be eating it. It was all nasty and rubbery and I felt terrible the rest of the dream. I can still remember how it felt and tasted, all nasty to chew and the most terrible taste ever. I woke up with the taste of blood in my mouth which is kinda similar to a rubbery taste so that could be why i dreamed of rubber.

    13. #13
      Oneironaut
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      162
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by ThePhobiaViewed
      ...which is kinda similar to a rubbery taste so that could be why i dreamed of rubber.
      Seriously? Blood always tastes like copper to me.
      Are you dreaming?

    14. #14
      TPV ThePhobiaViewed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Somewhere Out There
      Posts
      816
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus350 View Post
      Seriously? Blood always tastes like copper to me.
      You're right, I was just thinking that maybe my body incorporated the bad taste in my mouth by making it something else that tastes bad or something like that. The rubber ball was in most of the dream so maybe when I realized I had a bad taste in my mouth my mind compensated by having me eat the ball in my dream. It is possible that it was just a total coincidence and the tastes had nothing to do with each other.

    15. #15
      :) Man.vs.Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Out side
      Posts
      40
      Likes
      1
      Dream food should taste like you want it to
      like in real life you eat a hamburger
      and its ok
      but in a dream you coud make a hamburger
      that tastes orgasmicly good because you made it
      in your own world
      i want to try that
      "Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people.ö
      -Eleanor Roosevelt
      6 DILDS

    16. #16
      Member LucidMike14's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Gender
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      416
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Man.vs.Mind View Post
      Dream food should taste like you want it to
      like in real life you eat a hamburger
      and its ok
      but in a dream you coud make a hamburger
      that tastes orgasmicly good because you made it
      in your own world
      i want to try that
      hahaha true
      DREAM ON

    17. #17
      宇宙です。。。 ĽNekoĽ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Scotland
      Posts
      658
      Likes
      3
      I've never had any food in my dreams at all. I'd love to eat a wall sometime though. I heard that they taste like strawberries.

    18. #18
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      1,331
      Likes
      7
      This morning I had 2 glazed donuts in my dream they were delicious just thought I would share that ^_^.

    19. #19
      Member mylucidworld's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Wales
      Posts
      1,551
      Likes
      3
      Last night i became lucid outside a sort of restaurant so i went inside and i recall the smell of food (hard to believe i know) and it smelt really good but i could not find the way to the main room where everybody was eating which really annoyed me because after smelling that food i really wanted some. But before i could find it the dream faded without giving me the chance to spin.

    20. #20
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      1,331
      Likes
      7
      Quote Originally Posted by ld master View Post
      Last night i became lucid outside a sort of restaurant so i went inside and i recall the smell of food (hard to believe i know) and it smelt really good but i could not find the way to the main room where everybody was eating which really annoyed me because after smelling that food i really wanted some. But before i could find it the dream faded without giving me the chance to spin.
      Actually usually all of your senses will be present in a dream so the fact that you smelt food is a likely scenario. To bad you couldn't find where everyone was being served >_>

    21. #21
      Member mylucidworld's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Wales
      Posts
      1,551
      Likes
      3
      That was sarcasm being in a restaurant and smelling food, but iv heard alot of people say in their dreams that they find that all of their senses are present apart from their sense of smell because they generally take it for granted, ignore it in RL. This isn't the case for me because i always use my sense of smell

    22. #22
      Member LucidMike14's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Gender
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      416
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by ld master View Post
      That was sarcasm being in a restaurant and smelling food, but iv heard alot of people say in their dreams that they find that all of their senses are present apart from their sense of smell because they generally take it for granted, ignore it in RL. This isn't the case for me because i always use my sense of smell
      interesting because now that i think of it i dont usually smell in dreams
      DREAM ON

    23. #23
      Member mylucidworld's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Wales
      Posts
      1,551
      Likes
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by LucidMike14 View Post
      interesting because now that i think of it i dont usually smell in dreams
      Do u use your sense of smell alot in rl?

    24. #24
      Member Truffles's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Posts
      198
      Likes
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by ĽNekoĽ View Post
      I've never had any food in my dreams at all. I'd love to eat a wall sometime though. I heard that they taste like strawberries.
      Only if you want them to
      Current Lucid Goals

      Become lucid in my dreams on a regular basis [ ]
      Fly [ ]

      Are you dreaming, Truff? ARE YOU?!
      (For reality checks)

    25. #25
      Member LucidMike14's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Gender
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      416
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by ld master View Post
      Do u use your sense of smell alot in rl?
      Yeah I use it like any other sense, I just don't have any rememberance of using it in my dreams. Well at least not often.
      DREAM ON

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •