• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 134
    Like Tree50Likes

    Thread: Using the law of attraction to attract my soulmate?

    1. #1
      Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      164
      Likes
      22
      DJ Entries
      3

      Using the law of attraction to attract my soulmate?

      can it happen? help plz?

    2. #2
      Banned
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      LD Count
      8
      Gender
      Location
      Dubai, UAE
      Posts
      248
      Likes
      138
      DJ Entries
      8
      I believe the law of attraction is nonsense. Getting a soul-mate is going to require hard work and effort not some mystical garbage.

    3. #3
      Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      164
      Likes
      22
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by BossMan View Post
      I believe the law of attraction is nonsense. Getting a soul-mate is going to require hard work and effort not some mystical garbage.
      Well, We both have reasons to believe in our beliefs. I hope you feel better now for expressing yours.

    4. #4
      gab
      USA gab is offline
      Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      gab's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      LD Count
      306 events
      Gender
      Location
      California Republic
      Posts
      9,574
      Likes
      10543
      DJ Entries
      783
      I understand the law of attraction more in metaforical lines of "what goes around, comes around".

      As in if you are a happy person, you will attract different kind of people as if you are an angry person.

    5. #5
      Banned
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      LD Count
      8
      Gender
      Location
      Dubai, UAE
      Posts
      248
      Likes
      138
      DJ Entries
      8
      Quote Originally Posted by yondaime109 View Post
      Well, We both have reasons to believe in our beliefs. I hope you feel better now for expressing yours.
      It was never about making myself feel better (but it does seem like you want to make yourself feel better by validating your beliefs in this thread), but rather responding to your post on a public forum where you posed a question "can it happen? help pweez?" The answer from me is no it cannot happen, take that anyway you want.

      I also encourage you to read this very informative article and learn from it: Skepticism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

      Quote Originally Posted by gab View Post
      I understand the law of attraction more in metaforical lines of "what goes around, comes around".

      As in if you are a happy person, you will attract different kind of people as if you are an angry person.
      Sure that's a cool way of looking at it but that's not exactly what the law of attraction is. Law of attraction says, if you focus positive thoughts/energy on something then you will have a positive outcome, same for vice-versa in negativity. The law of attraction has absolutely no scientific basis, its like believing you will have bad luck for 7 years for breaking a mirror.
      Last edited by BossMan; 12-24-2012 at 11:20 AM.
      Linkzelda and SaxtonHale like this.

    6. #6
      Lucid Shaman mcwillis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      1,470
      Likes
      458
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by yondaime109 View Post
      can it happen? help plz?
      Yes it can! Firstly if you don't have a soul mate in your life then it may be that you need to do some inner work first before using the law of attraction.

      Purchase a used copy of '50 Ways to Find True Love' by psychologist Chuck Spezzano on Amazon.com or abe.com

      Then, purchase Rishan's Law of Attraction course which I personally recommend from this LINK

      Quote Originally Posted by BossMan View Post
      I believe the law of attraction is nonsense. Getting a soul-mate is going to require hard work and effort not some mystical garbage.

      There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man or woman in everlasting ignorance. That principle is contempt prior to investigation.

      Please click on the links below, more techniques under investigation to come soon...


    7. #7
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      Why a soul-mate? Why not use the law of attraction of attract an awesome mate?

      Soul-mate creates the condition that once you meet everything will work out fairy tale style, there will be no need to compromise and no work in the relationship. If that's not hiw you meant it, fantastic. I just wanted to mention that such a soul mate does not exist.
      GavinGill and Groove like this.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    8. #8
      Banned
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      LD Count
      8
      Gender
      Location
      Dubai, UAE
      Posts
      248
      Likes
      138
      DJ Entries
      8
      Quote Originally Posted by mcwillis View Post
      "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man or woman in everlasting ignorance. That principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer (Since you forgot to put his name I'll do so for you)
      This quote was written by a man who abandoned Christianity to embrace social Darwinism and survival of the fittest. The irony of using this quote, from this man, to support the "Law of Attraction" (an untestable Law with no scientific background at all) just blows my fucking mind.

      The investigation done on the Law of Attraction verified an untestable law (making it a theory) except through anecdotal evidence with clear bias
      Last edited by BossMan; 12-24-2012 at 07:38 PM.

    9. #9
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      The hypothesis for Law of Attraction is sound. The testing cannot be verified because the results are confounded by the attitude of the observers. In other words, critics of law of attraction test the hypothesis with a spirit of challenge and the results reflect this.

      Admittedly my own evidence for law of attraction is anecdotal, but because it's beneficial to me and the results have been dependable enough for my purposes, I see no problem with investing some amount of belief into the concept and adjusting my worldview accordingly. When you consider how reality works, there's no reason why the Law of Attraction should not exist. Nothing about the hypothesis is impossible and I've never seen an argument capable of challenging the claim for itself. Most arguments against LoA are in the same line of fallacy as your posts in this thread Bossman. In other words, a waste of the time it takes to read them.

      There was once a man who stood up for common sense. The target of his attacks were Albert Einstein and his theory of relativity. He successfully discredited Einstein's new theory on the basis that it makes no sense and also it came from the mind of a jew. Einstein was driven out of Germany and ended up signing a letter urging Roosevelt to develop the atom bomb after Germany split a uranium atom. Had Einstein's views been respected, perhaps Germany would not have lost the war. But Germans were stubborn, proud and in large part too narrow minded to be part of the new paradigm.

      This may be an attempt to supplant the burden of proof but I'm not suggesting that Law of Attraction is irrefutable. I'm suggesting you have a baseless contempt for investigation and therefore the burden of proof is in your court. You have to explain why law of attraction doesn't warrant investigation and you have to explain that using a real argument other than because it goes against common sense. Well, I suppose you don't have to. You can continue trolling, instead.
      Last edited by Original Poster; 12-24-2012 at 06:30 PM.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    10. #10
      Banned
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      LD Count
      8
      Gender
      Location
      Dubai, UAE
      Posts
      248
      Likes
      138
      DJ Entries
      8
      Guess its my turn for a quote:

      “So my antagonist said, "Is it impossible that there are flying saucers? Can you prove that it's impossible?" "No", I said, "I can't prove it's impossible. It's just very unlikely". At that he said, "You are very unscientific. If you can't prove it impossible then how can you say that it's unlikely?" But that is the way that is scientific. It is scientific only to say what is more likely and what less likely, and not to be proving all the time the possible and impossible.” - Richard P. Feynman

      Really your the one wasting my time Original Poster, and I wasn't trolling just trying to entice a bit of healthy skepticism. Clearly I rustled your jimmies though.

      Quote Originally Posted by Original Poster View Post
      The testing cannot be verified
      Can't be verified? Then its not a law.

      Quote Originally Posted by Original Poster View Post
      Admittedly my own evidence for law of attraction is anecdotal
      Shocker.

    11. #11
      Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      164
      Likes
      22
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by BossMan View Post
      Guess its my turn for a quote:

      “So my antagonist said, "Is it impossible that there are flying saucers? Can you prove that it's impossible?" "No", I said, "I can't prove it's impossible. It's just very unlikely". At that he said, "You are very unscientific. If you can't prove it impossible then how can you say that it's unlikely?" But that is the way that is scientific. It is scientific only to say what is more likely and what less likely, and not to be proving all the time the possible and impossible.” - Richard P. Feynman

      Really your the one wasting my time Original Poster, and I wasn't trolling just trying to entice a bit of healthy skepticism. Clearly I rustled your jimmies though.



      Can't be verified? Then its not a law.



      Shocker.
      Yeah, The law of attraction is credible. It has something to do with the vibrations our atoms and thoughts being energy and becoming matter. Science Proves The Secret's Law of Attraction | Dr. Joe Vitale's Secret Law of Attraction

      An athiest mind things like these naturally fit into the category of "religion". The only way you could possibly think otherwise is if you tried it yourself, But due to your negative attitude it will probably never work for you.
      What's funny is that this type of debate has been replayed since the beginning of time, Everyone in the 1500's thought the world was flat that seem perfectly logical.

      I'm going to assume you believe in lucid dreaming, God forbid you do, Lucid dreaming isn't "logical" either.

    12. #12
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      SaxtonHale's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Location
      Missouri
      Posts
      58
      Likes
      44
      Being positive and meditating on positive thoughts is good, but you aren't modifying the universe. The only thing you're modifying is your thoughts, and how you perceive reality.

      One more thing- a law is a theory that is fundamental of nature. a theory is a hypothesis that has been tested over and over again to be proven true. This should be the hypothesis of attraction or the idea of attraction.

      But that's just my two cents, believe what you want if it makes you happier.
      GavinGill, Groove, Sensei and 1 others like this.
      DILD: 4 WILD: 2 DEILD: 1 MILD: 0
      LUCID DREAMING GOALS
      Play the Piano [ ] Fly [ ] Lead a Medieval Raid [ ]
      Confront My Inner Voice [ ] Full Clarity of Thought [ ]

    13. #13
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class Populated Wall
      Sensei's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      LD Count
      Some
      Gender
      Location
      The Depths
      Posts
      4,378
      Likes
      5482
      DJ Entries
      115
      lucid dreaming is proven and has been for 30 years. Also... the Greeks believed that the world was spherical since 6th century BC. Most educated people believed that it was... look it up. Every source I find says that that is not true. Unless you are part of the flat earth society.

      The Flat Earth Society

      I'm sorry... I think that the flat earth society is the funniest thing ever.

      I would like to point this out as well.

      there are new theories of the brain, as well as of human experience, reveals that “reality” must be a construct that matches whatever we say.
      theory that reveals that "reality" must be... ummm... theory... that is not proven. That site just says that if the scientific theory they believe in, then there is a chance that they might be right.

      Doesn't sound like proof to me at all. I am not a fan of the law of attraction, because in science today we have a law that states for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. You should be able to see how the law contradicts that.

    14. #14
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class Populated Wall
      Sensei's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      LD Count
      Some
      Gender
      Location
      The Depths
      Posts
      4,378
      Likes
      5482
      DJ Entries
      115
      There is something to say about being positive though. If you are good and concentrate on good things all the time, and care about good things. The chances are higher that people will be good to you. Not to say that it is the laws of attraction, but it is the law of "if you are a douche people will be douches to you." But bad things happen to good people as well. Look at natural disasters or wars. The universe has no respect of individuals.

    15. #15
      Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      164
      Likes
      22
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by BrandonBoss View Post
      There is something to say about being positive though. If you are good and concentrate on good things all the time, and care about good things. The chances are higher that people will be good to you. Not to say that it is the laws of attraction, but it is the law of "if you are a douche people will be douches to you." But bad things happen to good people as well. Look at natural disasters or wars. The universe has no respect of individuals.
      The universe is neutral, It's not good or bad. Thoughts are technically actions and what you manifest through them are reactions, If you're constantly thinking about starving then you'll continue to starve, If you believe you're sick then you'll become sick, and so on.

      Wars are the conflicts between our desires , Instead of working toward a desired goal together we fight to get to that goal individually in the hope we can reap the full benefit of it. Wars are the caused by man, Not the universe. I fully believe that if we humans continue on the path we are on we'll slaughter and murder each-other by the end of this century because we're all selfish, dependent, and ego-driven creatures.

      Look I can't convince the Law of attraction exist because that'd require a lot of copying and pasting of numerous links across the bloody internet, But I can ask you vividly visualize holding a yellow sock for like 68, Forget about it and letting the universe bring it into your life,
      Groove likes this.

    16. #16
      Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      164
      Likes
      22
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by SaxtonHale View Post
      Being positive and meditating on positive thoughts is good, but you aren't modifying the universe. The only thing you're modifying is your thoughts, and how you perceive reality.

      One more thing- a law is a theory that is fundamental of nature. a theory is a hypothesis that has been tested over and over again to be proven true. This should be the hypothesis of attraction or the idea of attraction.

      But that's just my two cents, believe what you want if it makes you happier.
      No one can comprehend the laws of reality, You can only observe and follow them.

    17. #17
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      SaxtonHale's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Location
      Missouri
      Posts
      58
      Likes
      44
      Quote Originally Posted by yondaime109 View Post
      No one can comprehend the laws of reality, You can only observe and follow them.
      I agree, but there are certain aspects of reality that people observe and agree on. Those are called scientific theories, and their data and statistics can show that those are fundamental to all of our realities. The "law of attraction", however, is based off of personal observation and ideas and in my opinion is in the same boat as astral projections and out of body experiences. I'm sure that if believers would be able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can actually change the way nature works through positive thinking and changing of vibrational patterns around you, it would be accepted as a law of nature, but it hasn't. So I don't, and so a lot of people don't. I am not saying that is isn't flat out, but I am skeptical because everything I have read that has a scientific basis points toward chaos and randomness. I don't think any amount of positive thinking can change that, but it can change your personality, your perception of reality and how people think of you, and therefore what kind of people you attract.
      Last edited by SaxtonHale; 12-25-2012 at 02:47 AM.
      Sensei and BossMan like this.
      DILD: 4 WILD: 2 DEILD: 1 MILD: 0
      LUCID DREAMING GOALS
      Play the Piano [ ] Fly [ ] Lead a Medieval Raid [ ]
      Confront My Inner Voice [ ] Full Clarity of Thought [ ]

    18. #18
      Banned
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      LD Count
      8
      Gender
      Location
      Dubai, UAE
      Posts
      248
      Likes
      138
      DJ Entries
      8
      You do realize this is a blog right, and the other sections of this blog are as follows; Attract money now!; Healing Music; Hypnotic Gold; Miracle Coaching. I will say though, this guy is an impressive marketer/businessman

      This "Law" is categorized as pseudoscience, not science. At first my attitude was inquisitive, then it became negative when this theory presented itself as fact, and then humorous when I realized it was just a motivational tool for people.

      I did find an interesting picture of people listening to a public speaker, I believe the gathering was for something called "The Secret"

      zoth00 and SaxtonHale like this.

    19. #19
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      SaxtonHale's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Location
      Missouri
      Posts
      58
      Likes
      44
      Quote Originally Posted by BossMan View Post
      You do realize this is a blog right, and the other sections of this blog are as follows; Attract money now!; Healing Music; Hypnotic Gold; Miracle Coaching. I will say though, this guy is an impressive marketer/businessman

      This "Law" is categorized as pseudoscience, not science. At first my attitude was inquisitive, then it became negative when this theory presented itself as fact, and then humorous when I realized it was just a motivational tool for people.

      I did find an interesting picture of people listening to a public speaker, I believe the gathering was for something called "The Secret"

      I agree with you. This was at first interesting and 'attractive' if you will, but it as you said was presenting itself as fact. It's like trying to read arguments for the flat earth society, which start their argument with "I think its true, so here's all the ways it could be true except for the obvious way it probably isn't" on a much lesser scale.

      That being said, I would love to be able to think my way into modifying reality, but then again I am more of a chaos theory kind of guy. I like the idea that we arise naturally from chaos, and that from entropy comes order.
      DILD: 4 WILD: 2 DEILD: 1 MILD: 0
      LUCID DREAMING GOALS
      Play the Piano [ ] Fly [ ] Lead a Medieval Raid [ ]
      Confront My Inner Voice [ ] Full Clarity of Thought [ ]

    20. #20
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class Populated Wall
      Sensei's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      LD Count
      Some
      Gender
      Location
      The Depths
      Posts
      4,378
      Likes
      5482
      DJ Entries
      115
      Quote Originally Posted by SaxtonHale View Post
      I agree with you. This was at first interesting and 'attractive' if you will, but it as you said was presenting itself as fact. It's like trying to read arguments for the flat earth society, which start their argument with "I think its true, so here's all the ways it could be true except for the obvious way it probably isn't" on a much lesser scale.

      That being said, I would love to be able to think my way into modifying reality, but then again I am more of a chaos theory kind of guy. I like the idea that we arise naturally from chaos, and that from entropy comes order.
      Thinking your way into modifying reality. This is why we lucid dream.

    21. #21
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      SaxtonHale's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Location
      Missouri
      Posts
      58
      Likes
      44
      Quote Originally Posted by BrandonBoss View Post
      Thinking your way into modifying reality. This is why we lucid dream.
      Exactly. However that is our own private reality, and you are not affecting reality on its whole aside from how you're affecting yourself, and by extension your actions. By the way, Snow Patrol is awesome, and that's an awesome set of lyrics. I get that song stuck in my head every time I read your signature.
      DILD: 4 WILD: 2 DEILD: 1 MILD: 0
      LUCID DREAMING GOALS
      Play the Piano [ ] Fly [ ] Lead a Medieval Raid [ ]
      Confront My Inner Voice [ ] Full Clarity of Thought [ ]

    22. #22
      Banned
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      LD Count
      8
      Gender
      Location
      Dubai, UAE
      Posts
      248
      Likes
      138
      DJ Entries
      8
      You like chasing cars? If your into the trance scene check out Tiesto's remix of Chasing Cars.

      EDIT: I added it for fun.

      Last edited by BossMan; 12-25-2012 at 06:09 PM.

    23. #23
      Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      164
      Likes
      22
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by SaxtonHale View Post
      I agree, but there are certain aspects of reality that people observe and agree on. Those are called scientific theories, and their data and statistics can show that those are fundamental to all of our realities. The "law of attraction", however, is based off of personal observation and ideas and in my opinion is in the same boat as astral projections and out of body experiences. I'm sure that if believers would be able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can actually change the way nature works through positive thinking and changing of vibrational patterns around you, it would be accepted as a law of nature, but it hasn't. So I don't, and so a lot of people don't. I am not saying that is isn't flat out, but I am skeptical because everything I have read that has a scientific basis points toward chaos and randomness. I don't think any amount of positive thinking can change that, but it can change your personality, your perception of reality and how people think of you, and therefore what kind of people you attract.
      Science is infinite discovery, The the things the we call science today would be called magic in the dark ages. The law of attraction is beyond our comprehension as of now, Seeing as it does work for everyone overtime it will become part of a new branch of science.
      Groove likes this.

    24. #24
      Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      164
      Likes
      22
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by SaxtonHale View Post
      Exactly. However that is our own private reality, and you are not affecting reality on its whole aside from how you're affecting yourself, and by extension your actions. By the way, Snow Patrol is awesome, and that's an awesome set of lyrics. I get that song stuck in my head every time I read your signature.
      If my thoughts are so insignificant, Then why the hell do always manifest the things I think about in the random and unexpected thing. I find that when I think about a particular concept, detail, etc. I have experiences related to those for days or weeks. Those are not hallucinations, They are manifestations. What you have to lose if you spent just minute of "wishful thinking".



      Quote Originally Posted by BrandonBoss View Post
      Thinking your way into modifying reality. This is why we lucid dream.
      We lucid dream because we can modify our reality more rapidly then our "waking" reality, During a dream your mind is relaxed, our conscious mind enters the 4th dimension and in the 4th dimension your thoughts manifest quicker than they normally would due to the higher vibrations and frequencies.

      But the existence you're currently in now is denser than that reality, If you think what I'm saying is sheeple/ half breed bs then try astral projection, You're entire view of reality will change. You will either love it or fear it, Crazy shit goes on in the astral plane I never want to go there again. I shit my pants just thinking about it.

    25. #25
      Pp = (C+E+I) x (S+W) Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <s><span class='glow_9ACD32'>GavinGill</span></s>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Gender
      Location
      KPU2SFU
      Posts
      2,682
      Likes
      2883
      DJ Entries
      12
      If you want to find your soul mate, you have to change your behavior and way of thinking until you become desirable in the eyes of your ideal mate. I can't hook up with my dream girl until I become the type of guy my dream girl would actually want to be with. I can think positively and visualize all I want, but it won't do shit unless I work hard to reach that goal as well.

      Use the positive thinking to keep you focused on your goal, and use visualization to come up with ideas on how and where to meet the type of girl you're after (and to figure out what you need to do once you've met her). Run simulations in your head and constantly adjust, filter, and refine these simulations until you've got it down pat. You can learn almost as much about dating and relationships by simply running various simulations in your head, as you can by actually going out and doing so in the "real world."
      Last edited by GavinGill; 12-25-2012 at 08:49 AM.
      Original Poster and Groove like this.

    Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Possible soulmate dream?
      By abfabali in forum Dream Interpretation
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 10-08-2012, 08:27 PM
    2. 10/05/10- My soulmate
      By grischkaja008 in forum Dream Gallery
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 06-21-2012, 08:17 PM
    3. Soulmate.... to be or not to be?
      By UM1981 in forum Dream Interpretation
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 01-16-2008, 02:53 AM
    4. Dream Soulmate
      By gibsonrocker800 in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: 10-24-2007, 12:59 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •