• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 132
    Like Tree25Likes

    Thread: Telekinesis

    1. #26
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      Dude I don't know why there's no massive psi wheel study (at least that I can find) and I'd love to help you out and put one together but I'm not exactly in a position to do so. I also don't feel like going out of my to prove something to you that I can already prove to myself without much effort. From your experience, your opinion is valid. Frankly though I think it's a little rude you'd excuse your apathy toward things I'm passionate about by claiming you have a life. I have a life, too, and I'm employed, and I also love weird stuff. Likewise my experiences have validated all sorts of things you'd prefer to wait for the scientific studies to prove. It's cool, you can go beat off to math and I'll keep beating off to forteana.
      Jkniager likes this.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    2. #27
      Banned
      Join Date
      May 2008
      LD Count
      don't know
      Gender
      Posts
      1,602
      Likes
      1144
      DJ Entries
      17
      Quote Originally Posted by Original Poster View Post
      Dude I don't know why there's no massive psi wheel study (at least that I can find) and I'd love to help you out and put one together but I'm not exactly in a position to do so. I also don't feel like going out of my to prove something to you that I can already prove to myself without much effort. From your experience, your opinion is valid. Frankly though I think it's a little rude you'd excuse your apathy toward things I'm passionate about by claiming you have a life. I have a life, too, and I'm employed, and I also love weird stuff. Likewise my experiences have validated all sorts of things you'd prefer to wait for the scientific studies to prove. It's cool, you can go beat off to math and I'll keep beating off to forteana.
      If these things you claim are actually happening (whatever they are) aren't you interested to see how they connect to the grand scheme of things? Don't you realize the significance creating an unexpected repeatable experiment would have on the knowledge of humanity?

    3. #28
      Member 123north123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      LD Count
      >20
      Gender
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      20
      I spun a psi wheel last night and today.

    4. #29
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      dutchraptor's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      LD Count
      0 since my last
      Gender
      Location
      Tranquility
      Posts
      2,913
      Likes
      3042
      DJ Entries
      6
      Upload a video

    5. #30
      Xei
      UnitedKingdom Xei is offline
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      9,984
      Likes
      3082
      Quote Originally Posted by Original Poster View Post
      Dude I don't know why there's no massive psi wheel study (at least that I can find) and I'd love to help you out and put one together but I'm not exactly in a position to do so. I also don't feel like going out of my to prove something to you that I can already prove to myself without much effort. From your experience, your opinion is valid. Frankly though I think it's a little rude you'd excuse your apathy toward things I'm passionate about by claiming you have a life. I have a life, too, and I'm employed, and I also love weird stuff. Likewise my experiences have validated all sorts of things you'd prefer to wait for the scientific studies to prove. It's cool, you can go beat off to math and I'll keep beating off to forteana.
      I'd be extremely interested in telekinesis if it were true, and if you read any of my posts you'll know I have no a priori objections to it being true. I just don't see any good evidence and I see a lot of claimants being debunked, so for now I don't have any reason to believe it's true.

    6. #31
      Member 123north123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      LD Count
      >20
      Gender
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      20
      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      I'd be extremely interested in telekinesis if it were true, and if you read any of my posts you'll know I have no a priori objections to it being true. I just don't see any good evidence and I see a lot of claimants being debunked, so for now I don't have any reason to believe it's true.
      Why don't you try it?
      To all the skeptics: What can you lose by just trying it?

    7. #32
      Xei
      UnitedKingdom Xei is offline
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      9,984
      Likes
      3082
      I did try it, when I was like 12 and going through that phase. When the experiments were controlled properly nothing happened.

      Why were you under the impression that I haven't tried? You've tried and you failed too. Why exactly were you expecting a different response?

    8. #33
      Member 123north123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      LD Count
      >20
      Gender
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      20
      @Xei: Sorry, I didn't know you had tried. Maybe you could try again. I've tried and succeeded. Before I started trying telekinesis, I made it clear to myself that I wanted to spin the wheel counter clockwise. When the wheel does spin, it spins counter clockwise probably 80% of the time.

      To those people that know who they are: I don't appreciate rudeness; it's bumming me out. I'm just trying something new-- that's all. And it seems to be working btw. Be open-minded.

    9. #34
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      dutchraptor's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      LD Count
      0 since my last
      Gender
      Location
      Tranquility
      Posts
      2,913
      Likes
      3042
      DJ Entries
      6
      How did you spin the psi wheel? please outline your procedure, thanks

    10. #35
      Haunted by entropy. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      sloth's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      LD Count
      20 years worth
      Gender
      Location
      Deep in the woods
      Posts
      2,122
      Likes
      573
      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      I'd be extremely interested in telekinesis if it were true, and if you read any of my posts you'll know I have no a priori objections to it being true. I just don't see any good evidence and I see a lot of claimants being debunked, so for now I don't have any reason to believe it's true.
      Well spoken. I second that.
      ---o--- my DCs say I'm dreamy.

    11. #36
      Member 123north123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      LD Count
      >20
      Gender
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      20
      Quote Originally Posted by dutchraptor View Post
      How did you spin the psi wheel? please outline your procedure, thanks
      I just hold it close to me and try to spin it. I visualize it spinning counter clockwise. It's hit and miss. I can't quite gauge what I am doing right mentally when it spins, because I don't feel like I'm doing anything differently than I was a second before it started spinning.

      Before I start, I set it down and watch the psi wheel to make sure that a draft isn't affecting it. Then I begin.

      I will try to make a video soon.

    12. #37
      006
      Hungary 006 is offline
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      006's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Gender
      Posts
      114
      Likes
      31
      Telekinesis is like dreams. Hard, and you won't be successful at the first times. And so far no one managed to record that they are aware of their dreams and we still know lucid dreaming exists. Same with telekinesis. However there are fake vids indeed, not all of them are, and because you tried and did not succeed... of course you didn't, it takes really long time, and even if you manage to do it, nothing will make sure that you'll be able to do it again in front of a camera.

      I don't care whether you believe in it or not, stop being against it all, if you don't like the subject, don't post.
      123north123 likes this.

    13. #38
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaerer View Post
      If these things you claim are actually happening (whatever they are) aren't you interested to see how they connect to the grand scheme of things? Don't you realize the significance creating an unexpected repeatable experiment would have on the knowledge of humanity?
      Yes I do understand the significance, but I think for me personally that it's a waste of resources at this time to pursue. I'm more interested in what I can do rather than what I can prove.

      Quote Originally Posted by 123north123 View Post
      Why don't you try it?
      To all the skeptics: What can you lose by just trying it?
      It's not something you just try, honestly. It's pretty tricky. I've been meditating for a long time now and still have trouble. It takes me like 15 minutes before I can really manipulate it. The only reason I never gave up was because my friend could do it so I already had evidence.

      Quote Originally Posted by 006 View Post
      Telekinesis is like dreams. Hard, and you won't be successful at the first times. And so far no one managed to record that they are aware of their dreams and we still know lucid dreaming exists. Same with telekinesis. However there are fake vids indeed, not all of them are, and because you tried and did not succeed... of course you didn't, it takes really long time, and even if you manage to do it, nothing will make sure that you'll be able to do it again in front of a camera.

      I don't care whether you believe in it or not, stop being against it all, if you don't like the subject, don't post.
      Unfortunately youtube videos are not proof of anything. Some are easily debunked, others are not so easily debunked but just like UFO videos even a well done fake is still a fake.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    14. #39
      ├┼┼┼┼┤
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Equestria
      Posts
      6,315
      Likes
      1190
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by 006 View Post
      Telekinesis is like dreams. Hard, and you won't be successful at the first times. And so far no one managed to record that they are aware of their dreams and we still know lucid dreaming exists. Same with telekinesis. However there are fake vids indeed, not all of them are, and because you tried and did not succeed... of course you didn't, it takes really long time, and even if you manage to do it, nothing will make sure that you'll be able to do it again in front of a camera.

      I don't care whether you believe in it or not, stop being against it all, if you don't like the subject, don't post.
      Lucid dreaming has been proven in a controlled environment, so that isn't a very good comparison.
      Jkniager likes this.

      ---------
      Lost count of how many lucid dreams I've had
      ---------

    15. #40
      006
      Hungary 006 is offline
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      006's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Gender
      Posts
      114
      Likes
      31
      Quote Originally Posted by Marvo View Post
      Lucid dreaming has been proven in a controlled environment, so that isn't a very good comparison.
      I meant there are no recorded videos of it.

    16. #41
      Xei
      UnitedKingdom Xei is offline
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      9,984
      Likes
      3082
      Quote Originally Posted by 006 View Post
      Telekinesis is like dreams. Hard, and you won't be successful at the first times. And so far no one managed to record that they are aware of their dreams and we still know lucid dreaming exists. Same with telekinesis. However there are fake vids indeed, not all of them are, and because you tried and did not succeed... of course you didn't, it takes really long time, and even if you manage to do it, nothing will make sure that you'll be able to do it again in front of a camera.

      I don't care whether you believe in it or not, stop being against it all, if you don't like the subject, don't post.
      Why do you think we 'don't like it'?. It's not us that's against it, it's just reality that's against it. There's no evidence it's real, and no, we won't stop telling you this just because you don't like how reality works.

      Lucid dreaming was once considered a myth, like telekinesis.

      The difference is that, despite the fact lucid dreaming is much harder to conclusively demonstrate in a controlled environment, it became an established scientific fact whilst telekinesis did not.

      Ruminate on that for a while.
      Last edited by Xei; 01-19-2013 at 02:27 PM.
      Jkniager and dutchraptor like this.

    17. #42
      Sleeping Dragon juroara's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Gender
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      3,865
      Likes
      1171
      DJ Entries
      144
      Pssst..its actually psychokinesis, I learned that from Akira

    18. #43
      Member 123north123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      LD Count
      >20
      Gender
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      20
      Quote Originally Posted by juroara View Post
      Pssst..its actually psychokinesis, I learned that from Akira
      Whatever boats your float. I've heard it called psionics too.

    19. #44
      Banned
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Gender
      Location
      florida
      Posts
      362
      Likes
      122
      Quote Originally Posted by 123north123 View Post
      I just hold it close to me and try to spin it. I visualize it spinning counter clockwise. It's hit and miss. I can't quite gauge what I am doing right mentally when it spins, because I don't feel like I'm doing anything differently than I was a second before it started spinning.

      Before I start, I set it down and watch the psi wheel to make sure that a draft isn't affecting it. Then I begin.

      I will try to make a video soon.
      Don't hold it, because obviously your hands are always moving/vibrating, no matter how still you think you are, and set a glass upside down over it so no air can move over it. If it turned at all under these constraints, I would be pretty surprised.

    20. #45
      Member 123north123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      LD Count
      >20
      Gender
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      83
      Likes
      20
      Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
      Don't hold it, because obviously your hands are always moving/vibrating, no matter how still you think you are, and set a glass upside down over it so no air can move over it. If it turned at all under these constraints, I would be pretty surprised.
      Holding it makes it way easier. I have to work myself up to that.

      Meditation, it seems, is one of the greatest factors in getting telekinesis/psychokinesis/psionics to work. Last night, I meditated for thirty minutes and then proceeded to spin the psi wheel 50+ times--counter-clockwise.

    21. #46
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      snoop's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      LD Count
      300+
      Gender
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,711
      Likes
      1207
      Yet there is still no video. Not like a video on youtube would really prove anything, but at least it lends more credence to your claim than writing.

    22. #47
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      You just said a video wouldn't prove anything. Frankly I don't feel like trying to prove anything to someone that would just move the goal posts every time evidence is presented.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    23. #48
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      snoop's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      LD Count
      300+
      Gender
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,711
      Likes
      1207
      Quote Originally Posted by Original Poster View Post
      You just said a video wouldn't prove anything. Frankly I don't feel like trying to prove anything to someone that would just move the goal posts every time evidence is presented.
      The point is that the utter lack of effort to prove that this phenomenon actually exists beyond simply proclaiming so speaks volumes about its validity.

    24. #49
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      Why does it speak volumes? It's just as easy for you to look up psi wheel videos on youtube and proclaim they're fakes as it is for me to post them here. You've already said you won't believe in a video so why does it matter whether or not I post one?

      Besides, the thing is the fakes often look much better than the authentic ones because it's easier to fake a video than actually learn to manipulate qi. If they use a convector the psi wheel begins spinning immediately and consistently. If they use a switch you'll see it switching directions easily and again, moving immediately and consistently. The real ones involve a long period of time to get the wheel going and just as much time to get it to change directions, not to mention people doing it authentically tend to keep their fingers much closer to the wheel and use their hands because it's much easier to do when you send a hand signal. All sorts of excuses can be made for why they made them move.

      So it comes down to the same question, you're claiming that an unwillingness to post evidence is strong evidence that it's BS, but then you already admitted you wouldn't believe the type of evidence you're asking for. So all I have to say... the fuck do you want?
      Last edited by Original Poster; 01-21-2013 at 01:36 AM.
      123north123 likes this.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    25. #50
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      snoop's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      LD Count
      300+
      Gender
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,711
      Likes
      1207
      You're putting words in my mouth. I never said I wouldn't believe a video, I was saying that a video doesn't exactly qualify as credible evidence; however, it's better than nothing. Not to mention the OP (not you, the actual original poster) said he'd post a video if he got it to work, and he still hasn't. Given the subject has been brought back up to him more than once to post the video, the only logical reason I can see for avoiding doing so is because he can't actually do it under controlled conditions.

    Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Telekinesis
      By DeepSleepDreamer in forum Inner Sanctum
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: 03-05-2010, 02:57 AM
    2. Telekinesis
      By sheogorath in forum Extended Discussion
      Replies: 30
      Last Post: 11-03-2009, 08:38 PM
    3. Help with telekinesis
      By RobotGymnast in forum Dream Control
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 10-14-2009, 03:09 AM
    4. How about telekinesis
      By NoFear in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 90
      Last Post: 01-20-2008, 06:50 AM
    5. Telekinesis
      By weaselstein in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 09-05-2006, 12:22 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •