• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 34
    Like Tree10Likes

    Thread: crystal therapy

    1. #1
      Member blackbirdrising's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Gender
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      174
      Likes
      119
      DJ Entries
      16

      crystal therapy

      anyone ever used crystals or gotten a crystal therapy treatment done? i started giving therapy sessions yesterday to Adam. I wanted to talk to someone and compare notes about whats happening. its amazing though. side effects of raising vibration/cleansing can be widespread, serious, and sometimes funny
      mcwillis likes this.

    2. #2
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      831
      Crystal therapy is nonsense. I hate to sound so blunt (well, not really), but it is total bunk.
      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    3. #3
      Member blackbirdrising's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Gender
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      174
      Likes
      119
      DJ Entries
      16
      Didnt think it would be widely accepted here, but I was willing to at least share experiences.

    4. #4
      Xei
      UnitedKingdom Xei is offline
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      9,984
      Likes
      3082
      If he has a serious ailment you should research empirically verified treatments.

    5. #5
      Member blackbirdrising's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Gender
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      174
      Likes
      119
      DJ Entries
      16
      Main stream medicine is being incorporated as he wishes. Thank you.

    6. #6
      Member Photolysis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,270
      Likes
      316
      Do you know anything of Chemistry/Physics?

      No, because if you did you would know 'crystal therapy' is utter nonsense, and that the terms thrown about are meaningless bullshit that anyone with the slightest scientific qualification would see through.

      But in any case, this comment will of course have no effect. Though the fact that 'alternative medicine' providers seem to feel they should be exempt from having to learn the significant amounts of background knowledge real doctors have to learn to treat patients is something I've always found amusing. Because you know, all that work people have to do in med school is just for teh lols when any old crackpot can do better.


      Anyway, the door to Inner Sanctum is over there somewhere. You'll find plenty of ignorant crazies who'll agree with you. Have fun.
      Last edited by Photolysis; 03-15-2013 at 03:37 AM.

    7. #7
      DebraJane Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>EbbTide000</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      LD Count
      000
      Gender
      Location
      Adelaide, South Australia
      Posts
      2,615
      Likes
      963
      DJ Entries
      138
      Blackbird Rising

      After reading this thread I jumped out of bed to look at the back of my door. It is covered with appointments and other important things I need to remember.

      I found the list of WEA courses I want to do. I did the 36048A Astral Traveling 6 hour one on Sat 12-Jan-13. It was good. The teacher made Crystal jewelry. I bought a Powerful necklace for $65 called

      "Dragon Arise"

      It has a very dark green/black Chinese Jade pendant with a dragon and a phoenix fighting.

      The rest of the necklace is Sea Bamboo.

      The card reads:

      Dragon Arise

      *Handcarved Black Jade
      Dragon and Phoenix
      -Strength -Power - Renewal

      *Sea Bamboo
      - Balancing water and air

      *Hemahite
      - Relieves Tension.
      This woman travels to all the local geological trade fairs collecting the best Crystals she can find. She knows about geology but she also knows what Crystals can do.

      Bum!!!

      The The 6 hour "Crystal Consciousness" course was on Saturday 2nd March. I missed it. She does 4 a year so I will go to the next one.

      I bought The Crystal Conscious Bible by Judy Hall after having a humdinger of a dream when another Crystal woman popped up on saltcube asking for prayers for her friend and Riekie Teacher. That was 3 years ago. Someone walloped her like you just got walloped and she never came back.

      Please keep this thread running BlackbirdRising.

      When I wear my necklace called "Dragon Arise" I will think of "U" and send "U" its ENERGY

    8. #8
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      831
      Quote Originally Posted by debrajane View Post
      I bought a Powerful necklace for $65 called "Dragon Arise"
      You've been swindled. I'm not kidding when I say crystal therapy is nonsense.
      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    9. #9
      DebraJane Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>EbbTide000</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      LD Count
      000
      Gender
      Location
      Adelaide, South Australia
      Posts
      2,615
      Likes
      963
      DJ Entries
      138

      Dragon Arise

      Wow BlackbirdRising

      Dragon Arise (My neclace) is Black Jade and in The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall on page 366 I read:

      Black Jade Guards the aura against negativity
      Hematite: (Dragon Arise) has 13 +13 tiny Hematite positioned either side of the clasp at the back of the neck.)

      Attributes

      Hematite is particularly effective at grounding and protecting. It harmonizes mind, body and spirit. Used during out-of-body journeying , it protects the soul and grounds it back into the body. (...)

      It dissolves negativity and prevents negative energies from entering the aura, restoring peace and harmony to the body.

      (...)
      I can't find any thing about the "red coral" but I never thought to look at me Crystal Bible till now.

      The BlackbirdRising has been morphed into the powerful and lucky Chinese Dragon and Phoenix (hehehe)

      I haven't been wearing my Dragon Arise necklace. But I will put it on to sleep and send you it's energy.

      As I post this it is 4pm. I usually go to sleep after midnight so 8 hours after I post this I will be sending you energy from my Dragon Arise.

    10. #10
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      831
      Hematite is just a form of rust. You spent $65 for a necklace made of rust.
      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    11. #11
      DebraJane Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>EbbTide000</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      LD Count
      000
      Gender
      Location
      Adelaide, South Australia
      Posts
      2,615
      Likes
      963
      DJ Entries
      138
      BLUELINE

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      Hematite is just a form of rust. You spent $65 for a necklace made of rust.
      Hematite is harder than pure iron, but much more brittle.

      Huge deposits of hematite are found in banded iron formations. Banded iron was formed when there was Zero oxygen in the Earth's atmosphere.

      Gray hematite is typically found in places where there has been standing water or mineral*hot springs, such as those in*Yellowstone National Park
      *in the*United States

      *The mineral can*precipitate
      *out of water and collect in layers at the bottom of a lake, spring, or other standing water. Hematite can also occur without water, however, usually as the result of*volcanic
      *activity.

      Clay-sized hematite crystals can also occur as a secondary mineral formed by weathering processes in*soil, and along with other iron oxides or oxyhydroxides such as*goethite, is responsible for the red color of many*tropical, ancient, or otherwise highly weathered soils.

      A Mars Rover found lot of Hematite on Mars.

      I like geology.

      If Crystal Therapy works I want to know now why.

      And if it gets me OBEing and remembering it ....

    12. #12
      Member blackbirdrising's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Gender
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      174
      Likes
      119
      DJ Entries
      16
      *** Disclaimer - I'm not a doctor, never claimed to be educated beyond my bachelors of science in education, and only want to give this information to share with others who are serious about crystal therapy*****

      Debra, here are some notes I've been taking on how its going so far. (If a mod wants to move this thread to a "safer spot" to avoid the bashing, they are welcome to do that, I wasn't sure if Inner Sanctum was the right place for something like this. And there is no "alternative healing" section. That being said, with my highest respect, I'm not going to shut up and go away).

      Back history: I've been working with crystals for 26 years. I've also taught classes in astral defense, astral shielding, tarot, runemal, dowsing, dream interpretation, how to see and read auras, but never did any of the above for money, it was always as a gift of friendship. now that I've admitted that after being here actively posting since December, you can stick me in the padded room with the other tree huggers who venture into the unseen. And, thats an easily forgivablecomment that Photolysis made (its OK, Photo), considering he made it on a forum about lucid dreaming. Some people would say that of us who are registered here, are nuts. I say we are, and its not a competition, so relax.

      Crystals I chose for this were specific to Adams personal needs: clear quartz (3), rose quartz (1), aventurine (1) hematite (1)

      His lay out: rose quartz (pubic), hematite (liver/pancreas), rose quartz (heart), (2) clear quartz (1/lung), and clear quartz (crown).

      Day 1 - I started him off with one 90 second treatment at 8 pm, since he is asked for it specifically, since he was weak because mainstream meds/treatment has reached a plateau with no improvement, and he has never had this done before, and for all those reasons, I knew he needed to go slow. He had (within an hour) some relief from the organ swelling, skin burning pain, and he also felt relaxed and slept better than he had slept in a month. A few hours later he woke up thirsty, with energy enough to stand up and walk, with an appetite, and thinking clearly. That was the first positive change in his health in a month.

      Day 2 - Another 90 seconds at 8 am. He was again very thirsty, flat out feeling hungry - he grazed for hours, a few hours after this second treatment he started coughing up black pieces from his lungs. He also had increased energy levels, a surprise erection that didn't want to go down, and started walking around, and for the first time in 5 weeks - went outside in the yard. This is a major step, since it involves going up and down three steps to get from outside to inside, and he's been unable to conquer those stairs since he got so ill this last time. I did another treatment at 8 pm for 90 seconds. He continued to hock up that nasty black stuff until midnight. He also drank a ton of water, ate in small amounts til about 10 pm, rested, and for the first time in years, he told me this morning, he didn't have a bad dream last night.

      Day 3 - just gave him the first 90 seconds at 8 am. I'll tell you how it goes.

      Big thing to remember when your using crystals to open up chakras (power centers in the body that store and give energy to other sources) is that you need to start slow in small increments because the effect is immediate and intense - and if you go about this inexperienced and hard and fast, you can hurt yourself/someone else.

      Normal signs of cleansing include: thirst, stinky sweat, really bad breath, stinky urine/BM, coughing up dried pieces of material stored in the lungs, sneezing or minor drainage that goes away within a couple of hours, erections or heightened clitoral response, feeling of "fogginess" disappearing. In other words, physical "yuck" signs that negative energy once stored in the treated chakras of the body is being released through their appropriate organ systems.

      If you ever have a treatment and you get any of the following - you've been given too much and you need to stop
      : diarrhea, vomiting, shaking/trembling, incontinent bladder, headaches, inability to feel grounded, the feeling of leaving your body.

      Yeh I know, OBE is widely accepted here and its fine when you will it to happen, but its not good to see when using crystals to treat disease, because it means it happens not by your will.

      Debra you were asking about crystals and OBE. What you're describing, inability to OBE when you will it, and inability to remember, sounds like you're experiencing a blockage in the third eye. (do not assume that means it includes the crown chakra). Treat it gently, using clear quartz on the forehead for no more than 30 seconds to a minute, anything longer and you will have headaches. Clear quartz, a nice six sided hunk about an inch long and just as wide should cost you no more than $1 a piece at a metaphysical/herbal/crystal shoppe. Seriously, thats all. I would suggest trying to find one in a big city near a college. Smaller cities have metaphysical shoppes if your lucky, but their prices are outrageous.

    13. #13
      DebraJane Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>EbbTide000</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      LD Count
      000
      Gender
      Location
      Adelaide, South Australia
      Posts
      2,615
      Likes
      963
      DJ Entries
      138
      Thank you BlackBirdRising

      I won't do it to myself because I will over do it and hurt myself but I will contact that old woman who took the WEA Astral Travel coarse. She told us that she did appointment's. I had no idea what she would do in an appointment so didn't make one.

      Now, after you explained things, I have confidence enough to let her help me. She has been at this a long time too.

      Thank you very much Blackbirdrising.

      Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdrising View Post
      *** Disclaimer - I'm not a doctor, never claimed to be educated beyond my bachelors of science in education, and only want to give this information to share with others who are serious about crystal therapy*****

      Debra, here are some notes I've been taking on how its going so far. (If a mod wants to move this thread to a "safer spot" to avoid the bashing, they are welcome to do that, I wasn't sure if Inner Sanctum was the right place for something like this. And there is no "alternative healing" section. That being said, with my highest respect, I'm not going to shut up and go away).

      Back history: I've been working with crystals for 26 years. I've also taught classes in astral defense, astral shielding, tarot, runemal, dowsing, dream interpretation, how to see and read auras, but never did any of the above for money, it was always as a gift of friendship. now that I've admitted that after being here actively posting since December, you can stick me in the padded room with the other tree huggers who venture into the unseen. And, thats an easily forgivablecomment that Photolysis made (its OK, Photo), considering he made it on a forum about lucid dreaming. Some people would say that of us who are registered here, are nuts. I say we are, and its not a competition, so relax.

      Crystals I chose for this were specific to Adams personal needs: clear quartz (3), rose quartz (1), aventurine (1) hematite (1)

      His lay out: rose quartz (pubic), hematite (liver/pancreas), rose quartz (heart), (2) clear quartz (1/lung), and clear quartz (crown).

      Day 1 - I started him off with one 90 second treatment at 8 pm, since he is asked for it specifically, since he was weak because mainstream meds/treatment has reached a plateau with no improvement, and he has never had this done before, and for all those reasons, I knew he needed to go slow. He had (within an hour) some relief from the organ swelling, skin burning pain, and he also felt relaxed and slept better than he had slept in a month. A few hours later he woke up thirsty, with energy enough to stand up and walk, with an appetite, and thinking clearly. That was the first positive change in his health in a month.

      Day 2 - Another 90 seconds at 8 am. He was again very thirsty, flat out feeling hungry - he grazed for hours, a few hours after this second treatment he started coughing up black pieces from his lungs. He also had increased energy levels, a surprise erection that didn't want to go down, and started walking around, and for the first time in 5 weeks - went outside in the yard. This is a major step, since it involves going up and down three steps to get from outside to inside, and he's been unable to conquer those stairs since he got so ill this last time. I did another treatment at 8 pm for 90 seconds. He continued to hock up that nasty black stuff until midnight. He also drank a ton of water, ate in small amounts til about 10 pm, rested, and for the first time in years, he told me this morning, he didn't have a bad dream last night.

      Day 3 - just gave him the first 90 seconds at 8 am. I'll tell you how it goes.

      Big thing to remember when your using crystals to open up chakras (power centers in the body that store and give energy to other sources) is that you need to start slow in small increments because the effect is immediate and intense - and if you go about this inexperienced and hard and fast, you can hurt yourself/someone else.

      Normal signs of cleansing include: thirst, stinky sweat, really bad breath, stinky urine/BM, coughing up dried pieces of material stored in the lungs, sneezing or minor drainage that goes away within a couple of hours, erections or heightened clitoral response, feeling of "fogginess" disappearing. In other words, physical "yuck" signs that negative energy once stored in the treated chakras of the body is being released through their appropriate organ systems.

      If you ever have a treatment and you get any of the following - you've been given too much and you need to stop
      : diarrhea, vomiting, shaking/trembling, incontinent bladder, headaches, inability to feel grounded, the feeling of leaving your body.

      Yeh I know, OBE is widely accepted here and its fine when you will it to happen, but its not good to see when using crystals to treat disease, because it means it happens not by your will.

      Debra you were asking about crystals and OBE. What you're describing, inability to OBE when you will it, and inability to remember, sounds like you're experiencing a blockage in the third eye. (do not assume that means it includes the crown chakra). Treat it gently, using clear quartz on the forehead for no more than 30 seconds to a minute, anything longer and you will have headaches. Clear quartz, a nice six sided hunk about an inch long and just as wide should cost you no more than $1 a piece at a metaphysical/herbal/crystal shoppe. Seriously, thats all. I would suggest trying to find one in a big city near a college. Smaller cities have metaphysical shoppes if your lucky, but their prices are outrageous.

    14. #14
      Member blackbirdrising's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Gender
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      174
      Likes
      119
      DJ Entries
      16
      I'm sure your experience will be very relaxing. She might have soothing music, or silence, which ever you prefer. Adam is a musician, so naturally he needs silence to clear his mind (when he hears any music, he automatically starts breaking it down into notes/chords/measures and can't reach a relaxed meditative state). She will have you lay down, or in half-sitting up position, if she takes a good look, gets your correct medical history and deems working with the crown chakra necessary (thats best if your working with the crown, simply so the crystal can stay where it needs to be). Thats something to consider with discussing medical history. Always be honest. It explains why certain chakras are closed/blocked and why certain diseases exist in the related organs. There's nothing to ever be ashamed of, especially when its your health and well being at stake.
      EbbTide000 likes this.

    15. #15
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      831
      Quote Originally Posted by debrajane View Post
      BLUELINE

      Hematite is harder than pure iron, but much more brittle.
      Right. Hematite is a mineralized version of rust.

      Huge deposits of hematite are found in banded iron formations. Banded iron was formed when there was Zero oxygen in the Earth's atmosphere.

      Gray hematite is typically found in places where there has been standing water or mineral*hot springs, such as those in*Yellowstone National Park
      *in the*United States

      *The mineral can*precipitate
      *out of water and collect in layers at the bottom of a lake, spring, or other standing water. Hematite can also occur without water, however, usually as the result of*volcanic
      *activity.

      Clay-sized hematite crystals can also occur as a secondary mineral formed by weathering processes in*soil, and along with other iron oxides or oxyhydroxides such as*goethite, is responsible for the red color of many*tropical, ancient, or otherwise highly weathered soils.

      A Mars Rover found lot of Hematite on Mars.

      I like geology.
      Okay, you know stuff about hematite. Now what about any of that supports the claim that wearing a necklace made of it somehow allows you to give or receive "energy?"

      If Crystal Therapy works I want to know now why.
      It doesn't. It's bunk.
      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    16. #16
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      2,503
      Likes
      217
      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      You've been swindled. I'm not kidding when I say crystal therapy is nonsense.
      *SSSHHH* don't spoil it! I'm trying to sell him a q-ray bracelet!

    17. #17
      Member Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      TiredPhil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Posts
      492
      Likes
      300
      Do you all react so angrily to customs that are not native to yourselves.
      Just because crystal healing does not work for one person, it may still work for another
      Has nobody on here heard of the PLACIBO
      If you think it works, it nearly always will. This is irrespective of the subject matter.
      You can be told a pill will cure a headache, and given a sugar pill the headache will disappear.
      This is "Fake" but it works.

      Try to think about what you say in a reply, before typing out the words.
      It is impossible to take words back, and much unintentional harm can be done.

      YES, you have all been told off.
      Now go to bed with no supper, and if you make a noise, there will be no treats tomorrow.
      JoannaB and blackbirdrising like this.

    18. #18
      Xei
      UnitedKingdom Xei is offline
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      9,984
      Likes
      3082
      Quote Originally Posted by TiredPhil View Post
      If you think it works, it nearly always will. This is irrespective of the subject matter.
      There is a statistically significant effect, but it's far from a 100% success rate. And the only good evidence is for the relief of pain. I find it kind of bizarre that I have to point this out, but placebos have never cured terminal cancer patients, or amputees.

    19. #19
      Member blackbirdrising's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Gender
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      174
      Likes
      119
      DJ Entries
      16
      I wrote all about it in my blog here Crystal Therapy Session | Forelight, Foresight

      I respect everyone's opinions. Adam is doing very well. He's sitting right here beside me.

    20. #20
      Member Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      TiredPhil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Posts
      492
      Likes
      300
      Well you certainly tore me a new one.

      No treats for you in the morning.
      blackbirdrising likes this.

    21. #21
      Dreamer Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      JoannaB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      LD Count
      2017:1, pre:13+
      Gender
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      3,024
      Likes
      2155
      DJ Entries
      449
      There are times when no matter how much mainstream medicine someone uses and no matter how good the doctor's are, mainstream medicine does not cure: some illnesses are beyond the ability of Western medicine to cure. I understand that for some of you the only approach left in such a situation would be to die and not to try anything else because science failed and there is nothing else for you. Well, some people have a different approach to such a situation, some people are not willing to give up just because the mainstream rational approaches failed. I can see that your response to such people is to belittle them, to heap hate speach onto them, to insist that they realize that their situation is hopeless because science and reason demand it, and their hope is a personal attack on your science so that you could not feel good unless you squished them because that is what the doctrine of reason demands of you, and you know that you are 100% righ and others are wrong, and therefore you have the obligation to not only correct them but to also make them feel bad in the process so that you can feel good. I have a big problem with that kind of attitude, and it does not matter what the belief is that you are attacking, these types of attacks on other human beings, and especially ones who have loved ones who are perhaps dying because modern medicine cannot do anything for them, and thus are already under a lot of stress, and really do not need you to add to it through your bullying. You believe that you and religious fanatics are on opposite ends of the spectrum, but your behavior toward other human beings may be more similar than you would be willing to admit.
      blackbirdrising likes this.

    22. #22
      DebraJane Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>EbbTide000</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      LD Count
      000
      Gender
      Location
      Adelaide, South Australia
      Posts
      2,615
      Likes
      963
      DJ Entries
      138
      "fly Blackbird fly"

      This just appeared in Waking Nomad's Dream Journal:

      The Silver Tower vs. The Dark Tower (part 1) - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

      Raven Knight is given gifts.

      It seems plecebo works powerfully in a lucid Dream.
      blackbirdrising likes this.

    23. #23
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      831
      Quote Originally Posted by JoannaB View Post
      There are times when no matter how much mainstream medicine someone uses and no matter how good the doctor's are, mainstream medicine does not cure: some illnesses are beyond the ability of Western medicine to cure.
      Why use the label "Western" medicine? It's medicine that works; it's science-based medicine, it's fact-based medicine. And if it doesn't work, then all that means is we have more things to learn. At no time does it mean that mean some crystals will. In fact we already know they won't have any effect aside from acting as a placebo.

      I understand that for some of you the only approach left in such a situation would be to die and not to try anything else because science failed and there is nothing else for you.
      Often the alternative would be to dive into experimental procedures and see if they work. If not, or if the experimental procedure isn't worth it to begin with, then the only real thing a person is left with is the understanding that their life is at an end. There is absolutely no getting around this.

      Well, some people have a different approach to such a situation, some people are not willing to give up just because the mainstream rational approaches failed. I can see that your response to such people is to belittle them, to heap hate speach onto them, to insist that they realize that their situation is hopeless because science and reason demand it, and their hope is a personal attack on your science so that you could not feel good unless you squished them because that is what the doctrine of reason demands of you, and you know that you are 100% righ and others are wrong, and therefore you have the obligation to not only correct them but to also make them feel bad in the process so that you can feel good. I have a big problem with that kind of attitude, and it does not matter what the belief is that you are attacking, these types of attacks on other human beings, and especially ones who have loved ones who are perhaps dying because modern medicine cannot do anything for them, and thus are already under a lot of stress, and really do not need you to add to it through your bullying. You believe that you and religious fanatics are on opposite ends of the spectrum, but your behavior toward other human beings may be more similar than you would be willing to admit.
      What you don't seem to understand is that those so-called "different approaches" are almost always nonsense peddled by opportunists. I could name hundreds of examples of alternative medicine that people run to when they think real medicine has failed. Faith-healing. Crystal therapy. Homeopathy. Quantum healing. We know for a fact that such methods have absolutely no effect on a person's illness. They are never cured by utilizing those methods.

      So, the question we're trying to get an answer to is: why bother with any of that stuff? If it doesn't work, why live in futility by trying to use it? It makes absolutely no sense.
      TimB likes this.
      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    24. #24
      gab
      USA gab is offline
      Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      gab's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      LD Count
      306 events
      Gender
      Location
      California Republic
      Posts
      9,574
      Likes
      10544
      DJ Entries
      783
      Ok, moved to Inner Sanctum.

      This is the topic Anyone ever used crystals or gotten a crystal therapy treatment done?

      If you have nothing to contribute to this, please stay out.

    25. #25
      Member Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      TiredPhil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Posts
      492
      Likes
      300
      Watch 'PATCH ADAMS' movie, with Robin Williams.
      It shows what a change in a persons mood does toward helping medical care.
      Not just the patients body is treated, but the mind as well.

      Being hopefull/happy/joyfull, releases good stuff into your bloodstream. ( No technical names, or I will get booted in the head )

      So, to remain nuetral
      Both points to this arguement are valid.
      But both arguements, are just that " ARGUEMENTS "
      Both sides should try to convince the other of their point of view in a positive manner.
      An agressive approach will never progress anywhere, except into further anger/rage.
      This will leave each person with a little less respect for others. Not just the person they are having the arguement with.


      I should have been born in the 50s, and I could have been a peace protester.

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Baxter the therapy dog!
      By Clairity in forum The Lounge
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 10-14-2009, 03:48 PM
    2. lucid dreaming as self-therapy
      By abaddon in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 03-07-2009, 01:23 AM
    3. Horror Therapy
      By Smokeh in forum Attaining Lucidity
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 12-16-2007, 07:39 AM
    4. LD as therapy?
      By ConceitArturo in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 07-10-2007, 04:03 AM
    5. LD as Therapy Tool
      By MarthaM in forum Research
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 11-16-2005, 07:18 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •