• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 10 of 10
    1. #1
      Wanna-Be Dreamer... CrashPlague's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      LD Count
      1
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      13
      Likes
      0

      What is this "Dreaming Religion"/"Dream legend" everyone here is talking about?

      I've been lurking around the forums and I think I'm beginning to pick up the abbreviations you guys are using, but there is something I still am completely lost on.

      What is with all the discussion on The Dream Warriors, and Gawn, and the walking Nomad, and Urth and all this stuff? I'm just so lost.

    2. #2
      Prophet of Eris Velzhaed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Gender
      Location
      IL, USA
      Posts
      151
      Likes
      24
      Heya Crash. There is no 'dream religion.' WakingNomad is a user handle. Him and some of the others have decided that they can "dream-share" and connect on the "dream plane." I think most users here don't buy into that, but if you want to learn more check out the 'Beyond Dreaming' forum. That's where we try to keep most of the supernatural discussions about dream-sharing, Out of Body Experiences, and that sort of thing.

      Urth I believe is the name they have decided to call the dream plane. It's also the name of one of the Norns, but not sure if that was intentional.

      If you're an adult my best advice would be to avoid the stuff, cause it'll just make your head hurt.

      Welcome to DV by the way.
      "The human race will begin solving its problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously."

      --Malaclypse the Younger

      : ) ( :

    3. #3
      Huge success ! Brunor2's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      LD Count
      36
      Gender
      Location
      Brazil, São Paulo
      Posts
      563
      Likes
      40
      These are things for Beyong Dreaming. Look at that section.

    4. #4
      Wololo Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Supernova's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      LD Count
      Gender
      Location
      Spiral out, keep going.
      Posts
      2,909
      Likes
      906
      DJ Entries
      10
      Waking Nomad is a user here. Everything you've referenced above comes out of a sort of history of the "dream plane" he wrote in a thread not long ago, based on his experiences. Personally I'm not sure what to make of it. My best advice to you, don't let anyone tell you what to think - or what not to think - try to find out for yourself instead.

    5. #5
      Wanna-Be Dreamer... CrashPlague's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      LD Count
      1
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      13
      Likes
      0
      Yeah, when I first found this forum, I think I spent a little too much time in Beyond Dreaming, before I knew there were other parts to the forum.

      That all makes sense now, and as per shared dreaming. I probably don't believe it in the sense that those guys do, but I think there actually might be something to shared dreaming.

      I don't think I've had enough personal experience with lucidity yet to know though.

      But again, thanks for shedding some light on the matter, such an interesting community you got here

    6. #6
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class
      lucyoncolorado's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      36
      Likes
      13
      DJ Entries
      126
      Oh- I was hoping the answers were going to talk about an actual dream religion! But I see.

      I've read some of the moon dream sharing stuff and it sounds really fun and cool. Much of the imagery in the few posts that I've read comes from science fiction and video games as well as from older sourses like pre-Christian European mythology and some Judeo-Christian mythology. As Velzhaed pointed out, Urth is from Nordic mythology, for example. They also talk about Nod which is the place where Cain fled after murdering Abel. I guess it makes sense that if a group of people are influenced by the same cultural traditions (even if they are getting them second-hand through video games and science fiction) then they would have the same imagery in their dreams. And if shared dreaming is possible, I guess people from similar social and cultural groups would dream about similar things. I wonder what it would be like to dream share with a Kalahari bushman? What sorts of epics and mythologies would influence his dreams and would I be able to relate to them or comprehend them?

      I'm a skeptic but that doesn't mean it isn't true- only that I don't know anything about it and am therefore skeptical. If it is true, then I don't think I'd want to intentionally dreamshare with people I don't know well. That seems a little scary!!

    7. #7
      Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      LD Count
      999
      Gender
      Location
      honolulu, Hawaii
      Posts
      5,863
      Likes
      2263
      DJ Entries
      476
      Quote Originally Posted by CrashPlague View Post
      I've been lurking around the forums and I think I'm beginning to pick up the abbreviations you guys are using, but there is something I still am completely lost on.

      What is with all the discussion on The Dream Warriors, and Gawn, and the walking Nomad, and Urth and all this stuff? I'm just so lost.
      You are correct.

      Quote Originally Posted by Velzhaed View Post
      Heya Crash. There is no 'dream religion.' WakingNomad is a user handle. Him and some of the others have decided that they can "dream-share" and connect on the "dream plane." I think most users here don't buy into that, but if you want to learn more check out the 'Beyond Dreaming' forum. That's where we try to keep most of the supernatural discussions about dream-sharing, Out of Body Experiences, and that sort of thing.

      Urth I believe is the name they have decided to call the dream plane. It's also the name of one of the Norns, but not sure if that was intentional.

      If you're an adult my best advice would be to avoid the stuff, cause it'll just make your head hurt.

      Welcome to DV by the way.
      I toadally de-slided your bowl snap. child brain candy molds fossil cram job witch.

      Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
      Waking Nomad is a user here. Everything you've referenced above comes out of a sort of history of the "dream plane" he wrote in a thread not long ago, based on his experiences. Personally I'm not sure what to make of it. My best advice to you, don't let anyone tell you what to think - or what not to think - try to find out for yourself instead.
      DO NOT THINK OF A HALF-NAKED WOMAN DRIPPING WITH SWEAT IN A TINY PINK BIKINI ROLLING DOWN THE SUMMER SIDEWALK ON ROLLERSKATES EATING A CHOCOLATE COVERED BANANA LICKING THE SAUCE DRIPPING DOWN HER POUTY MOUTH.

      Quote Originally Posted by lucyoncolorado View Post
      Oh- I was hoping the answers were going to talk about an actual dream religion! But I see.

      I've read some of the moon dream sharing stuff and it sounds really fun and cool. Much of the imagery in the few posts that I've read comes from science fiction and video games as well as from older sourses like pre-Christian European mythology and some Judeo-Christian mythology. As Velzhaed pointed out, Urth is from Nordic mythology, for example. They also talk about Nod which is the place where Cain fled after murdering Abel. I guess it makes sense that if a group of people are influenced by the same cultural traditions (even if they are getting them second-hand through video games and science fiction) then they would have the same imagery in their dreams. And if shared dreaming is possible, I guess people from similar social and cultural groups would dream about similar things. I wonder what it would be like to dream share with a Kalahari bushman? What sorts of epics and mythologies would influence his dreams and would I be able to relate to them or comprehend them?

      I'm a skeptic but that doesn't mean it isn't true- only that I don't know anything about it and am therefore skeptical. If it is true, then I don't think I'd want to intentionally dreamshare with people I don't know well. That seems a little scary!!
      NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

      And yes, it is a religion. MY RELIGION!
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

    8. #8
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      Winamp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      LD Count
      25
      Gender
      Location
      Doboj, BiH
      Posts
      71
      Likes
      7
      DJ Entries
      4
      Quote Originally Posted by WakingNomad View Post
      NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE PERMITTED.

      "What if you slept, and what if in your sleep you dreamed you went to heaven and there
      you plucked a strange and beautiful flower, and what if when you awoke you had the flower in your hand? Ah,
      what then?"
      - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

    9. #9
      Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      LD Count
      999
      Gender
      Location
      honolulu, Hawaii
      Posts
      5,863
      Likes
      2263
      DJ Entries
      476
      Quote Originally Posted by winamp View Post
      :p
      lies all lies.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

    10. #10
      gab
      USA gab is offline
      Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      gab's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      LD Count
      306 events
      Gender
      Location
      California Republic
      Posts
      9,574
      Likes
      10543
      DJ Entries
      783
      Locked. The OP has not been here since 3/2011.

    Similar Threads

    1. Is the title of "I am Legend" correct English?
      By Patrick in forum The Lounge
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: 11-23-2009, 03:52 PM
    2. Replies: 8
      Last Post: 02-09-2008, 05:47 AM
    3. "waking Life" & "eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind"
      By DreamGhost in forum Entertainment
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 12-11-2006, 07:57 PM

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •