• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 707 of 809 FirstFirst ... 207 607 657 697 705 706 707 708 709 717 757 807 ... LastLast
    Results 17,651 to 17,675 of 20219
    Like Tree43225Likes

    Thread: Rant and Rave, Cry and Complain

    1. #17651
      Drowning in Dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_8B0000'>Zhaylin</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      LD Count
      c. 6 since join
      Gender
      Location
      Central West Virginia, USA
      Posts
      5,772
      Likes
      4718
      DJ Entries
      199
      Snoop, Wishful.

      Feel better soon, Snoop. Meds- getting on, getting off, getting equalized it all throws a person through a loop!!!

      My rant is a humorous one. I've been craving barley for the last several days. Barley? seriously lol? So I bought a box of quick barley (which I keep trying to spell as Barely ) and now I'm trying to cook it like instant (?) oatmeal. I don't have a cooking range. If I have to cook something, it's usually just water heated in my coffee pot (the only thing I use it for). I was actually eating some of it straight from the box, so anything has to be better than that lol
      It finally occurred to me tonight that I've practically eliminated all grains from my diet. It wasn't on purpose or anything. My one meal of the day is usually just that Ccheeseburger from Sheetz. The bun is it.

      another rant is that we're puppy sitting. And guess where he is.......... my room He's full blooded pit and adorable as heck... he's very lightly colored and you can see all the fleas on him- like a whole lot of speckled dirt I told my daughter to bath him several times today. This is not going to work.
      at least kierra's getting along with him.

      gotta go to sleep at a reasonable time today. Paula has an interview tomorrow and ray has counseling. and I apparently need a new keyboard. My Shift only works part of the time it seems.

      How does one eat barley? just salt it? Right now I hardly care

      Goodnight DV.
      kadie likes this.

    2. #17652
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered
      kadie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      579
      Likes
      461
      DJ Entries
      30
      So I started that new job last week. Nothing but drama, gossip and bitchiness. SMH

      Quit on Monday. Picked up final check today. Interview for better paying job tomorrow.
      Zhaylin and Anju like this.

    3. #17653
      Member sefalik's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      632
      Likes
      1448
      if you think your car is worth two parking spaces in the front of the lot... i will park inches from your door.
      Zhaylin, gab and kadie like this.

    4. #17654
      Moderator
      Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Huge Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV
      HumbleDreamer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      3,317
      Likes
      2709
      DJ Entries
      2052
      Rant? Every are moving so slow today. It's like everything is moving in slow-motion.
      tommo and Zhaylin like this.

      GHOSTBUSTERS DAY JUNE 8th.
      Ghostbusters: Afterlife come out in theaters November 19, 2021-11/11/2021

      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year
      today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/
      BOOO!



    5. #17655
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered
      kadie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      579
      Likes
      461
      DJ Entries
      30
      Rave!!! The interview went very well. I'll be making $4 an hour more than the job I just quit! Roflmao.
      tommo and Zhaylin like this.

    6. #17656
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Populated Wall Veteran First Class
      Anju's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Gender
      Posts
      384
      Likes
      896
      My new hobby is going on facebook and feeling miserable about everyone else's lives being better than mine.
      tommo, Zhaylin, woblybil and 1 others like this.

    7. #17657
      LD's this year: ~7 tommo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,202
      Likes
      4986
      DJ Entries
      7
      Facebook is everyone's highlights. You don't see the boring in between.

      Rant: I am an idiot. I can't pay attention to one thing at a time. I should start meditating again.
      I was riding my motorbike today, obviously not paying full attention to the road, of course, looking at the footpath etc.
      Look back to the road, car is stopped in front of me, slam on my brakes, it's wet, I hit the ground and my bike possible hit the car
      but neither of us were really sure whether it did or not.

      Leg is sore, clutch and gear levers are bent, handlebars are bent.

      Don't have enough money to deal with this shit. I understand the Zen philosophy more and more the last few years.
      The more you have, the more effort you need to expend to keep those things. And the more you worry about them.
      Too bad public transport sucks here.

      They're now gonna waste money on a 24 hour public transport trial for a year. Where half the trains will have like 10 people on them at night/early morning.
      Yep, do that instead of actually making good trains, tracks and routes. Good job guys!
      Zhaylin likes this.

    8. #17658
      Drowning in Dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_8B0000'>Zhaylin</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      LD Count
      c. 6 since join
      Gender
      Location
      Central West Virginia, USA
      Posts
      5,772
      Likes
      4718
      DJ Entries
      199
      Yikes!!! Glad you're okay, Tommo.
      Grants and hugs to everyone else (and to you too, Tommo )

      My rant is that my hotsy-totsy new computer has died. I gave up on sleep and went back to my machine to the DV page I left up (my last post). But I noticed the time on my machine was wrong. It was froze. I hard rebooted it and my monitor never came up again. My computer tries to come on. The fan starts up but then there's a continuous beep/beep/beep......, then the computer shuts down and gets stuck in a cycle of not completely starting and beeping while it does.

      My old computer won't come up either. I got it set up and it finally turned on 'start normal or repair'. I chose repair and the monitor (a different one from the new computers) never showed a screen again. The fans don't even start up for the old machine.

      So I am now stuck with my iPad. Thankfully, I have anything at all. I have a headache and my eyes are killing me (allergies) and someone drank 75% of the only coke I had in the fridge
      I'm going to call tech support for my new machine either later today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow. I just want to do nothing but hide and grumble today.
      Anju likes this.

    9. #17659
      Shadow Hunter Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      LD Count
      21
      Gender
      Location
      Cranwell
      Posts
      271
      Likes
      567
      DJ Entries
      30
      Life is shit. I have rants everyday and I never get round to writing them here because they just manifest themselves into sadness that sits over my head like a thunderous cloud ready to break at any moment.

      Rant - my boyfriend broke up with me on Saturday night because we both got mad and said stuff we didn't mean

      Rave - I had a huge party on Saturday night for my dad's 50th and got super drunk

      Rant - Family kept asking to meet the boyfriend of mine who wasn't coming

      Rave - I got invited to stay with a friend in London because I was upset

      Rant - The guy I was supposed to start dogsitting for on Sunday told me to get there between 8-30 and 9 am. He text me at 9-10 to tell me I was too late and it wouldn't have been fair to leave the dog on her own for that long if they had left at 3am as they were supposed to (for 10 fucking extra minutes?!) and that they were taking her with them. Could have understood this if I had been an hour late but not turning up 10 minutes after you told someone to arrive is a little bit crappy man. So there goes the £200 I was using for uni

      Rave - We got back together on Sunday morning after we both realized we were wrong (one a lot faster than the other) and have started playing board games

      Rant - Went out to feed the horses said boyfriend is looking after and he lost the key and thought one of the horses had eaten it after spending 45 minutes searching through grass for key.

      Rave - I found said key, got bought a McDonalds for my brilliance.

      Rant - Parents keep going away when I'm at work so I can't invite anyone over to spend the night with me because I don't finish till 10 and I hate having nights alone.

      Rave - Booked a trip away to a theme park for said boyfriends birthday. Super excited, we both really enjoy this place and, in the slim chance things don't work out between us, the tickets are in my name so I can take a friend with me if plans with him fall through

      Meh - Results come out in a week. Bricking it.
      Last edited by Wishfulthinker; 08-07-2015 at 12:59 AM.
      Zhaylin and Anju like this.
      Goals
      - Think of some more goals[]

    10. #17660
      Drowning in Dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_8B0000'>Zhaylin</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      LD Count
      c. 6 since join
      Gender
      Location
      Central West Virginia, USA
      Posts
      5,772
      Likes
      4718
      DJ Entries
      199
      Wow. ,Wishful. Lots of ups and downs. Hope there are many more ups in your future and that you have a blast at the theme park

      Rave: Got the old computer up and running. I moved it back to its old spot and it came right on. Part of me wonders if there's a problem with my multi-cord. Both computers had the same issue of trying to start but not quite making it. BUT, I have other things plugged into the multi-cord (what the heck are those things called again?) It has 6 sockets available and I added a smaller (3 socket) extender just because one plug wont fit between the others but the extender does. Only 5 of the 6 are used. Only 1 of the 3 is, so I don't think it's overloaded. One of the things plugged into it is a light.
      If there was a short or something, the light would flicker- right? So, it does and does not make sense that the multi-cord is the problem.

      When I was trouble-shooting the new computer, I was unplugging and re-plugging components to make sure everything was connected internally.
      One thing I unplugged was actually 4 things. I *think* they're just for the LD lights. But I don't dare hook my new computer up until I figure out exactly how those 4 things plug back in. They're little things that go onto these nubby prongs. Nothing is clearly marked and there's no colors to reference either.

      I'll try to tackle that tomorrow.

      I forgot how SLOWWwww this machine is But it's something at least.

    11. #17661
      Executive Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      woblybil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      LD Count
      I don't know
      Gender
      Location
      Up-State New York
      Posts
      1,336
      Likes
      1760
      DJ Entries
      233
      Quote Originally Posted by Anju View Post
      My new hobby is going on facebook and feeling miserable about everyone else's lives being better than mine.
      Maybe you otter be reading "Dear Abby" ..There are some pretty miserable people on here
      Zhaylin likes this.
      What other people think of you is none of your business


    12. #17662
      LD's this year: ~7 tommo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,202
      Likes
      4986
      DJ Entries
      7
      Quote Originally Posted by Zhaylin View Post
      Wow. ,Wishful. Lots of ups and downs. Hope there are many more ups in your future and that you have a blast at the theme park

      Rave: Got the old computer up and running. I moved it back to its old spot and it came right on. Part of me wonders if there's a problem with my multi-cord. Both computers had the same issue of trying to start but not quite making it. BUT, I have other things plugged into the multi-cord (what the heck are those things called again?) It has 6 sockets available and I added a smaller (3 socket) extender just because one plug wont fit between the others but the extender does. Only 5 of the 6 are used. Only 1 of the 3 is, so I don't think it's overloaded. One of the things plugged into it is a light.
      If there was a short or something, the light would flicker- right? So, it does and does not make sense that the multi-cord is the problem.

      When I was trouble-shooting the new computer, I was unplugging and re-plugging components to make sure everything was connected internally.
      One thing I unplugged was actually 4 things. I *think* they're just for the LD lights. But I don't dare hook my new computer up until I figure out exactly how those 4 things plug back in. They're little things that go onto these nubby prongs. Nothing is clearly marked and there's no colors to reference either.
      Two of those are for LEDs, one is the ON button, the other restart. That's your problem
      There should be little words on there saying what they do. There will be a + symbol or a dot, or a line/bracket etc. next to the word, indicating which pin is for which function.
      It's possible you plugged the power one in to the reset one so it's just continually resetting.

      Wanna post a pic of them? I've only ever seen them marked in those ways, but it could be different.

      Edit: OH! I had SP last night! It was the most trippy I've had it. I realised I've had it before just now, a couple of times, but not as intense.
      I usually feel something moving my bed/shaking it etc.
      Last night I felt that, but something was pushing my bum and moving my whole body up in the bed. I was like wtf????
      And then I "realised" it was a cat, thinking how the hell did the cat get in my room?
      Realised it was SP and calmed down, then I heard this slightly evil cat meow twice and then it disappeared.
      I still had visual hallucinations when I opened my eyes to see if I could see anything cool.

      It was quite beautiful. Some sort of black, fractured pieces with an intricate white, line design over the top.
      The darkness of it, shadows etc. fit perfectly with my room, it's like it was right there in front of me.
      I closed my eyes and saw it again and it had bits of blue and yellow designs on it too.

      That was awesome. Proof people don't need to get freaked out by SP!

      Although I must say that I can see how people believe spiritual/supernatural things are real.
      I really felt like the cat was my old cat which disappeared suddenly, came back once and then left for good.
      Maybe some sort of cat spirit. Or maybe he's still alive and just came to visit me astrally or something.
      Zhaylin likes this.

    13. #17663
      Shadow Hunter Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      LD Count
      21
      Gender
      Location
      Cranwell
      Posts
      271
      Likes
      567
      DJ Entries
      30
      I don't feel like I belong here anymore because I haven't even tried for a Lucid in over a year. I, however, refuse to leave.
      tommo, Zhaylin, EbbTide000 and 2 others like this.
      Goals
      - Think of some more goals[]

    14. #17664
      Drowning in Dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_8B0000'>Zhaylin</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      LD Count
      c. 6 since join
      Gender
      Location
      Central West Virginia, USA
      Posts
      5,772
      Likes
      4718
      DJ Entries
      199
      heh, Wishful, I've never been a lucid dreamer. I mean, I've had a few by chance and one through trial for a task of the month thing, but other than that- nope.

      Tommo, the problem started BEFORE I opened the machine up. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.
      My computer froze then wouldn't come all the way on once I force quit. I opened it up first to check the dust levels and then to make sure everything was plugged in. It was then that *oops* I pulled out those things and don't know where they go now
      Hopefully, the manual will have a diagram I can figure out.

      Awesome SP, Tommo. I rarely ever get the cool ones. Most of the time, I come to and realize it's an SP right away then fall back to sleep They don't freak me out.

      My rant is that Mr. Monthly should make an appearance today. I really don't want to have to deal with that. BUT- considering I leave for Early's Auction on Wednesday, it's better now than then!!!
      My sleep has been really screwed up for almost a month now. I feel like I'm in my 20's again, where I could only sleep when I was falling over exhausted I need to start taking my Cypro every night around 11 so it could help me be asleep at a reasonable hour. But, seeing how I don't even FEEL awake until 7PM, it annoys me to go to sleep again so soon.

      A rave is that hubby and I went to the movies earlier. We watched the new Mission Impossible movie. I was pretty good
      Wishfulthinker likes this.

    15. #17665
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered
      kadie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      579
      Likes
      461
      DJ Entries
      30
      Quote Originally Posted by Zhaylin View Post
      Yikes!!! Glad you're okay, Tommo.
      Grants and hugs to everyone else (and to you too, Tommo )

      My rant is that my hotsy-totsy new computer has died. I gave up on sleep and went back to my machine to the DV page I left up (my last post). But I noticed the time on my machine was wrong. It was froze. I hard rebooted it and my monitor never came up again. My computer tries to come on. The fan starts up but then there's a continuous beep/beep/beep......, then the computer shuts down and gets stuck in a cycle of not completely starting and beeping while it does.

      My old computer won't come up either. I got it set up and it finally turned on 'start normal or repair'. I chose repair and the monitor (a different one from the new computers) never showed a screen again. The fans don't even start up for the old machine.

      So I am now stuck with my iPad. Thankfully, I have anything at all. I have a headache and my eyes are killing me (allergies) and someone drank 75% of the only coke I had in the fridge
      I'm going to call tech support for my new machine either later today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow. I just want to do nothing but hide and grumble today.
      Sometimes if you clean the fans, it will start. I know how you feel though. I had to write my whole new resume via tablet then change it to PDF then attach it to an email to send it off. Took quite a bit of time, but hey...I know how to do something new.
      Zhaylin likes this.

    16. #17666
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      tropicalbreeze's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Gender
      Location
      everywhere
      Posts
      1,028
      Likes
      1406
      Quote Originally Posted by Wishfulthinker View Post
      I don't feel like I belong here anymore because I haven't even tried for a Lucid in over a year. I, however, refuse to leave.
      I haven't tried since i've been here.
      tommo, Zhaylin, EbbTide000 and 1 others like this.

    17. #17667
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Populated Wall Veteran First Class
      Anju's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Gender
      Posts
      384
      Likes
      896
      I'm only here for RRCC and senseless banter
      tommo, Maeni, Zhaylin and 3 others like this.

    18. #17668
      LD's this year: ~7 tommo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,202
      Likes
      4986
      DJ Entries
      7
      I've been trying to LD again lately. Alcohol gets in the way a bit. I'm getting close though.
      But yeah I've been here for over 8 years and had maybe 20 LD's. Pathetic lol
      Zhaylin and EbbTide000 like this.

    19. #17669
      Fais Ce Que Tu Voudras Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Tiresias's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      LD Count
      Lost Count
      Gender
      Location
      Atlanta, Georgia
      Posts
      923
      Likes
      667
      DJ Entries
      9
      I had a really good trip recently and worked through a lot of feelings of insecurity and frustrations while seeing some really cool stuff.
      Zhaylin likes this.
      Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.

    20. #17670
      DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      FryingMan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      LD Count
      262
      Location
      The Present Moment
      Posts
      5,035
      Likes
      6407
      DJ Entries
      759
      Quote Originally Posted by woblybil View Post
      Maybe you otter be reading "Dear Abby" ..There are some pretty miserable people on here
      Or head over to reddit.com and read up on all the terrible things that have happened to so many people.

      Rant: TYPOS! So many typos. Every one of my posts on DV is FULL OF TYPOS. I look like a grammatical idiot! I have to edit each post 5 times to get rid of all the "it's" for "its", "they're" for "their," etc. I KNOW grammar, I know how to spell, I'm a *great* proofreader, so why does it come out of my fingers wrong? I'm a fairly fast typist and I have a lot of dream recall so I have to type fast (it took me 3 times to get that "fast" right: it kept coming out as "asft") to get my DJ entries done without taking all day. Then I spend all day editing the absolute SEA of typos. Its terrible (haha, [sic])!
      Zhaylin likes this.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

    21. #17671
      DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      FryingMan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      LD Count
      262
      Location
      The Present Moment
      Posts
      5,035
      Likes
      6407
      DJ Entries
      759
      Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
      I've been trying to LD again lately. Alcohol gets in the way a bit. I'm getting close though.
      But yeah I've been here for over 8 years and had maybe 20 LD's. Pathetic lol
      Rave: I had an epic LD last night (in my DJ). I work hard on LD practice, dream recall, etc., and it still feels like the great dreams are too few, too far apart. FryingMan's "3 D's" of lucid dreaming: diligence, determination, dedication. It's like becoming skilled at anything: it takes thousands of hours of practice, skills build up slowly over the months and years. You have to stick through the dry spells (hard, very hard, doing steady day-long practice for 4 weeks with no lucids, and still maintaining a positive attitude?...hard!).

      Lucid dreaming is perhaps the most challenging of all disciplines: it's entirely inside your head, and you're totally alone. Sure, you can get advice, but it's never direct advice, it's always running through the filter of your interpretation of what's going on. Boy oh boy, wouldn't I *love* to do a WILD dive with Sageous there inside my head with me, correcting my unproductive responses, nudging me this way and that, saying "this is *exactly* what you need to do: a, b, c, etc., "Hey, there that's the dream, now follow me and enter it like this!"

      Yeah, alcohol and from what I read, weed really mess with dreaming. You must decide what you want more. I basically gave up all drinking (I was only a light social drinker to start with, but I starting saying "no" to my wife's "let's have a little night cap" suggestion on vacation, too (I've since started saying "yes" more, but always keeping the amounts low).

      The first step in having great, frequent LDs is making the decision that you want it, and if you do, doing whatever it takes for as long as it takes (note: it's a lifelong journey!). Like ThreeCat quotes in his signature:

      "My advice to you is not to undertake the spiritual path. It is too difficult, too long, and is too demanding. I suggest you ask for your money back, and go home. This is not a picnic. It is really going to ask everything of you. So, it is best not to begin. However, if you do begin, it is best to finish.”

      --Chogyam Trungpa
      So if you're serious about wanting it, come on over to the DVA DILD class, open up a workbook thread, and fogelbise and I will do our best to guide you to help you maximize your dreaming potential.
      Last edited by FryingMan; 08-09-2015 at 05:45 PM.
      tommo and Zhaylin like this.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

    22. #17672
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Veteran First Class
      Crashyy's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      LD Count
      13
      Gender
      Posts
      689
      Likes
      1196
      DJ Entries
      1
      today has been the worst day i've had in years, right now I just wanna go home and cry myself to sleep
      tommo likes this.
      DILD: 9 | MILD: - | DEILD: - | WILD: 2
      OBE: 3 | AP: -


      I can see you sleep through your bedroom window. You're killing yourself with lucid dreaming.

    23. #17673
      Shadow Hunter Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      LD Count
      21
      Gender
      Location
      Cranwell
      Posts
      271
      Likes
      567
      DJ Entries
      30
      Quote Originally Posted by Wishfulthinker View Post
      Relapsing back into my old shit again *sigh* It's gonna be a long night
      Aaaaand we're back here again! Joyous.
      Goals
      - Think of some more goals[]

    24. #17674
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered
      kadie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      579
      Likes
      461
      DJ Entries
      30
      ^^turn that frown upside down!
      Zhaylin and Crashyy like this.

    25. #17675
      LD's this year: ~7 tommo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,202
      Likes
      4986
      DJ Entries
      7
      Quote Originally Posted by FryingMan View Post
      Rave: I had an epic LD last night (in my DJ). I work hard on LD practice, dream recall, etc., and it still feels like the great dreams are too few, too far apart. FryingMan's "3 D's" of lucid dreaming: diligence, determination, dedication. It's like becoming skilled at anything: it takes thousands of hours of practice, skills build up slowly over the months and years. You have to stick through the dry spells (hard, very hard, doing steady day-long practice for 4 weeks with no lucids, and still maintaining a positive attitude?...hard!).

      Lucid dreaming is perhaps the most challenging of all disciplines: it's entirely inside your head, and you're totally alone. Sure, you can get advice, but it's never direct advice, it's always running through the filter of your interpretation of what's going on. Boy oh boy, wouldn't I *love* to do a WILD dive with Sageous there inside my head with me, correcting my unproductive responses, nudging me this way and that, saying "this is *exactly* what you need to do: a, b, c, etc., "Hey, there that's the dream, now follow me and enter it like this!"

      Yeah, alcohol and from what I read, weed really mess with dreaming. You must decide what you want more. I basically gave up all drinking (I was only a light social drinker to start with, but I starting saying "no" to my wife's "let's have a little night cap" suggestion on vacation, too (I've since started saying "yes" more, but always keeping the amounts low).

      The first step in having great, frequent LDs is making the decision that you want it, and if you do, doing whatever it takes for as long as it takes (note: it's a lifelong journey!). Like ThreeCat quotes in his signature:



      So if you're serious about wanting it, come on over to the DVA DILD class, open up a workbook thread, and fogelbise and I will do our best to guide you to help you maximize your dreaming potential.
      I just decided today that I'm gonna quit, not just for lucid dreaming, but that's part of it. Just had half a glass of wine today to avoid any withdrawals (been drinking every day for quite a while).

      LD's are the most amazing thing, I don't wanna waste my life not having them! Can't believe I stopped trying for so long.

      I will check out that class. Thanks!

    Similar Threads

    1. Rave/Techno/House Music
      By wasup in forum The Lounge
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: 02-06-2012, 09:27 AM
    2. Rave
      By Lord Bennington in forum Senseless Banter
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 04-07-2009, 02:54 AM
    3. The Bestest Game Effer. Complain Abut Shizle
      By Neruo in forum Senseless Banter
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 05-07-2007, 05:05 PM
    4. You know how people complain of english in movies?
      By Crucible in forum The Lounge
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 02-10-2004, 04:35 AM

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •