• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 808 of 809 FirstFirst ... 308 708 758 798 806 807 808 809 LastLast
    Results 20,176 to 20,200 of 20223
    Like Tree43224Likes

    Thread: Rant and Rave, Cry and Complain

    1. #20176
      Dream Guide
      Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      1,365
      Likes
      1766
      DJ Entries
      94
      Quote Originally Posted by Sivason View Post
      Guys, it has been a hard day. My wife left for a family reunion last night. This morning my oldest most loved ferret passed away. I had to hold him while he was seizing and then bury him, all alone. I have bawled and wailed three times today. Obviously when he passed, when I buried him and hardest of all was cleaning out his bowls of premeasured medicated soup. The other ferrets can't eat his soup because of the meds. Obviously I needed to open the twenty or so mini bowels soup my wife had made to last while she is gone. So there went his food, one bowl at a time, down the drain, because he would never need them again.
      Rave: I went insane and worked my ass off cleaning the yard and the house. Did not stop for one minute, could not stop. Seven hours of this and I see results.
      Aww. I'm sorry, sivason. That's two pets in a short period of time. And yes, as yuppie said, at least he did have a good life. Really we can't ask for more than having a pet live happily until an old age and then pass away from natural causes. I hope you get a dream visit from your friend soon, letting you know he's okay and happy. <3
      Sivason and HumbleDreamer like this.
      Check out the Lucid Dreaming Book Club: July-August
      Have a suggestion? Book Club Suggestion Thread

    2. #20177
      Moderator

      Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Huge Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV
      HumbleDreamer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      3,326
      Likes
      2716
      DJ Entries
      2058
      Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDreamer View Post
      Rave: I was really sick yesterday and today I feel a little better...

      Spoiler for More film between scene stuff.:
      This is back when they were filming "Ghostbuster: Afterlife". SEPT 2019.

      Time flies!!

      GHOSTBUSTERS DAY JUNE 8th.
      Ghostbusters: Afterlife come out in theaters November 19, 2021-11/11/2021

      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year
      today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/
      BOOO!



    3. #20178
      Drowning in Dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_8B0000'>Zhaylin</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      LD Count
      c. 6 since join
      Gender
      Location
      Central West Virginia, USA
      Posts
      5,772
      Likes
      4718
      DJ Entries
      199
      Sivason, so sorry about your fur baby.
      A few months ago, I put my oldest dog to sleep. She had an ear cyst that kept rupturing and bleeding everywhere and it wouldn't heal.
      It wasn't an overly sad experience though. She was old and in a lot of pain.

      Then, one of my kids called. There was an apartment fire near her boyfriends house. A momma dog was killed and left behind several pups that needed to be adopted. I REALLY didn't want another pet, but....
      Her boyfriends mom, thankfully, took care of them for a couple of weeks. Then changed the deal before I picked up one I offered to buy. She would only sell 2 (single price though). Both were runts who needed more care and didn't have the highest odds. My other daughter said she'd take the other and we just wouldn't let her know lol.

      Well, my daughters offer ended up falling through (a breakup), so I have 2 new pups. They're Chilhuahua (sp!!!) mixes but I can't see the mix. I had to give them wet food mixed with formula (in a bowl thankfully) for a couple of weeks. Now they're right as rain and giant pains- but also wonderful cuddlebugs <3

      Otherwise, I'm mostly on Discord (which my internet seems mostly okay with as long as I stay away from Meme and photo threads lol), gaming and waiting for Elons satellites. It's supposed to be available next month. We'll see.

      I hope everyone else is well.

    4. #20179
      Administrator
      Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze
      Sivason's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      LD Count
      2500ish
      Gender
      Location
      Idaho
      Posts
      4,625
      Likes
      5516
      DJ Entries
      403
      Good to hear from you!

      Rave: rain, rain, we are getting rain!!!
      Peace Be With You. Oh, and sure, The Force too, why not.



      "Instruction in Dream Yoga"

    5. #20180
      Dream Guide
      Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      1,365
      Likes
      1766
      DJ Entries
      94
      First day back at work. I spent quite a bit of time moving in to my new classroom. The room is very cute. I've never had so much storage space! Also.. the chair in there is like this awesome brand new expensive office chair! ..My chair last year was cheap, and didn't have a functioning lift button. It was stuck on the lowest setting. Guess it's karma.
      Check out the Lucid Dreaming Book Club: July-August
      Have a suggestion? Book Club Suggestion Thread

    6. #20181
      Spontaneously Combusting Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Ametam's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Gender
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      628
      Likes
      286
      DJ Entries
      12
      Rant:
      Its really really hard to lucid dream right now.
      When I first joined DV I was in early high school (Middle School for the USA) so life was a lot more stress free. I would be able to attain a lucid dream about 1 once a week or sometimes 2 to 3 times a week. Now I'm only down to one lucid every 1-2 months, and those are very hard to remember.
      The grind of the 9-5 is just utterly debilitating. I am constantly tired, can't concentrate on anything. I tend to relax and wind down using weed, and have dropped the usage to weekends, but its still way too much in order to actively remember dreams, let alone lucidity. Now that I am older and I am able to perform a lot more dream control and and ponder the philosophy behind lucid dreams. When I first joined the forum I was part of the FFF crowd, but would fail miserably due a lack of ability to control dreams.

      I feel as though modern smartphones are really messing up me up, and to an extent society today. No one wants to seem to discuss or even admit there is an issue. I have managed to delete Facebook, but Reddit is really a time-waster and brain drainer. I feel like in the past it used to be a decent website to stay informed about the world and look at good memes. Today it feels like a bot infested corporate shit hole, yet I would still check it compulsively for like 3+ hours a day. I have managed to quit three days cold turkey which is great, but now I just open and scroll through youtube mindlessly instead. The way the modern corporate internet (Facebook, Insta, Snapchat, Tiktok, Reddit, Youtube) is designed to be as addictive as possible to ensure you spend as much time and watch adds. The internet is so boring today, yet I spend more time on it then ever. I really really miss the old internet which I grew up on. At least we still have the rant, rave, cry and complain thread to come back to.
      They say dreaming is dead, no one does it anymore.
      It's not dead it's just that it's been forgotten, removed from our language.
      Nobody teaches it so nobody knows it exists.
      The dreamer is banished to obscurity.
      Well, I'm trying to change all that, and I hope you are too.
      By dreaming, every day.

    7. #20182
      Dream Guide
      Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      1,365
      Likes
      1766
      DJ Entries
      94
      Quote Originally Posted by Ametam View Post
      Rant:
      Its really really hard to lucid dream right now.
      When I first joined DV I was in early high school (Middle School for the USA) so life was a lot more stress free. I would be able to attain a lucid dream about 1 once a week or sometimes 2 to 3 times a week. Now I'm only down to one lucid every 1-2 months, and those are very hard to remember.
      The grind of the 9-5 is just utterly debilitating. I am constantly tired, can't concentrate on anything. I tend to relax and wind down using weed, and have dropped the usage to weekends, but its still way too much in order to actively remember dreams, let alone lucidity. Now that I am older and I am able to perform a lot more dream control and and ponder the philosophy behind lucid dreams. When I first joined the forum I was part of the FFF crowd, but would fail miserably due a lack of ability to control dreams.
      I hear you there. It's so hard to practice when working full time. I try to incorporate it in, but it's not easy. I am hoping this year will be easier than previous ones.

      Quote Originally Posted by Ametam View Post
      I feel as though modern smartphones are really messing up me up, and to an extent society today. No one wants to seem to discuss or even admit there is an issue. I have managed to delete Facebook, but Reddit is really a time-waster and brain drainer. I feel like in the past it used to be a decent website to stay informed about the world and look at good memes. Today it feels like a bot infested corporate shit hole, yet I would still check it compulsively for like 3+ hours a day. I have managed to quit three days cold turkey which is great, but now I just open and scroll through youtube mindlessly instead. The way the modern corporate internet (Facebook, Insta, Snapchat, Tiktok, Reddit, Youtube) is designed to be as addictive as possible to ensure you spend as much time and watch adds. The internet is so boring today, yet I spend more time on it then ever. I really really miss the old internet which I grew up on. At least we still have the rant, rave, cry and complain thread to come back to.
      Not to mention all the blue light we're being exposed to, which acts like caffeine to our brains. If you don't have a program to change your pc/tablet/phone to orange light at night, you should get one. The blue light they emit messes with our circadian rhythm and pineal gland function.
      Check out the Lucid Dreaming Book Club: July-August
      Have a suggestion? Book Club Suggestion Thread

    8. #20183
      Moderator

      Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Huge Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV
      HumbleDreamer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      3,326
      Likes
      2716
      DJ Entries
      2058
      Quote Originally Posted by Ametam View Post
      Rant:

      I feel as though modern smartphones are really messing up me up, and to an extent society today. No one wants to seem to discuss or even admit there is an issue. I have managed to delete Facebook, but Reddit is really a time-waster and brain drainer. I feel like in the past it used to be a decent website to stay informed about the world and look at good memes. Today it feels like a bot infested corporate shit hole, yet I would still check it compulsively for like 3+ hours a day. I have managed to quit three days cold turkey which is great, but now I just open and scroll through youtube mindlessly instead. The way the modern corporate internet (Facebook, Insta, Snapchat, Tiktok, Reddit, Youtube) is designed to be as addictive as possible to ensure you spend as much time and watch adds. The internet is so boring today, yet I spend more time on it then ever. I really really miss the old internet which I grew up on. At least we still have the rant, rave, cry and complain thread to come back to.
      I hear you. I don't have social media. I was never really into social media. Yeah, you don't need to do other things like that to take you out of your life. I think the noise of everything outside can be overwhelming. So, I personally choose to step out of the noise as best as I can.
      ===

      My leg is killing me. I twisted the other day. This morning it's just killing me a bit.
      Ametam and DarkestDarkness like this.

      GHOSTBUSTERS DAY JUNE 8th.
      Ghostbusters: Afterlife come out in theaters November 19, 2021-11/11/2021

      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year
      today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/
      BOOO!



    9. #20184
      Dream Guide
      Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      1,365
      Likes
      1766
      DJ Entries
      94
      Really excited and also nervous about tomorrow (first day of school here). My son is transitioning to middle school... it makes me very nervous, but I had a surprise when I saw his schedule. He was going to be in ESE support classes, but I guess he did well on his state tests because they put him in straight advanced classes. I'm so proud of him.

      Also excited about my own classes. I get all of my former 6th graders again, which is great because they were the class from heaven, really. Love that bunch. Also, they delivered a special desk and step stool to my classroom today. Apparently one of my students this year is a little person. I feel honored to have a job where I get to work with such special and amazing kids. Every year is something new.

      I had a lot of fun decorating my new room. Everything in my room is hands-on. Everything is meant to be touched. I have huge plastic 3-D maps of the world and U.S. showing elevation on the wall. This always throws the kids for a loop because they're like "What? There are mountain chains in the middle of the oceans??" (mid-ocean ridges). I have a fossil station with posters, a book, and a basket of fossils to be touched. I have a weathering station, with rocks from the ocean to show physical weathering, and green pennies in a rusty metal basket to show chemical weathering. And my favorite - I have a section with zones for "Sedimentary", "Igneous", and "Metamorphic", rock cycle posters, and tons of rocks on trays the kids can touch. I have all sorts of fields guides the kids can look at: birds, mushrooms, trees, etc. Oh yeah, and a couple microscopes. It's awesome!
      Check out the Lucid Dreaming Book Club: July-August
      Have a suggestion? Book Club Suggestion Thread

    10. #20185
      Dreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_00868B'>yuppie11975</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      1,262
      Likes
      874
      DJ Entries
      29
      Quote Originally Posted by MoonageDaydream View Post
      Really excited and also nervous about tomorrow (first day of school here). My son is transitioning to middle school... it makes me very nervous, but I had a surprise when I saw his schedule. He was going to be in ESE support classes, but I guess he did well on his state tests because they put him in straight advanced classes. I'm so proud of him.

      Also excited about my own classes. I get all of my former 6th graders again, which is great because they were the class from heaven, really. Love that bunch. Also, they delivered a special desk and step stool to my classroom today. Apparently one of my students this year is a little person. I feel honored to have a job where I get to work with such special and amazing kids. Every year is something new.

      I had a lot of fun decorating my new room. Everything in my room is hands-on. Everything is meant to be touched. I have huge plastic 3-D maps of the world and U.S. showing elevation on the wall. This always throws the kids for a loop because they're like "What? There are mountain chains in the middle of the oceans??" (mid-ocean ridges). I have a fossil station with posters, a book, and a basket of fossils to be touched. I have a weathering station, with rocks from the ocean to show physical weathering, and green pennies in a rusty metal basket to show chemical weathering. And my favorite - I have a section with zones for "Sedimentary", "Igneous", and "Metamorphic", rock cycle posters, and tons of rocks on trays the kids can touch. I have all sorts of fields guides the kids can look at: birds, mushrooms, trees, etc. Oh yeah, and a couple microscopes. It's awesome!
      How'd your first day back at school go?
      MoonageDaydream likes this.
      Please feel free to check out my DEILD guide: http://bit.ly/2DOqiyT

    11. #20186
      Dream Guide
      Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      1,365
      Likes
      1766
      DJ Entries
      94
      Quote Originally Posted by yuppie11975 View Post
      How'd your first day back at school go?
      It went very well. Thanks for asking!
      HumbleDreamer likes this.
      Check out the Lucid Dreaming Book Club: July-August
      Have a suggestion? Book Club Suggestion Thread

    12. #20187
      Administrator
      Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze
      Sivason's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      LD Count
      2500ish
      Gender
      Location
      Idaho
      Posts
      4,625
      Likes
      5516
      DJ Entries
      403
      RANT! You all know what a cholonoscopy is? I have one tomorrow. I had to go all day on just liquids with no substance (no milk) just flavored water and such. Now I have to take the chemicals that will clear everything out.
      So there you go, if life is frustrating today, at least you are not doing this!
      Rave? I don't know, I am healthy and safe and so on, it is all good.
      MoonageDaydream likes this.
      Peace Be With You. Oh, and sure, The Force too, why not.



      "Instruction in Dream Yoga"

    13. #20188
      Dream Guide
      Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      1,365
      Likes
      1766
      DJ Entries
      94
      I'm very frustrated that they have mandated teachers wear masks again (students can opt out). All summer and the end of last year we were told that masks would be optional this year. 2 days before school starts they change the policy. The problem for me is that the masks cause uncontrollable "maskne" on my chin. It's extremely frustrating and I am worried my skin is getting damaged. I am already seeing a derm and have 2 prescriptions. They wanted to give me a 3rd prescription but my insurance declined it (it costs $700 a tube without insurance - not an option). Without masks, and with the medications, I can keep it under control. With the masks, I have no hope. I wash my face in the middle of the work day (in addition to morning and night), I dispose of my mask and get a new one after lunch. I don't know what else I can do.

      I understand that health and safety are most important, but it's hard to stand behind that when most of the people getting hospitalized have chosen not to get the vaccine (97% according to this article). I'm also not sure how effective it's going to be when students can opt out, and we're cramming so many kids into small places (desks are right next to each other).

      I'm just frustrated.
      Last edited by MoonageDaydream; 08-11-2021 at 10:20 PM.
      Check out the Lucid Dreaming Book Club: July-August
      Have a suggestion? Book Club Suggestion Thread

    14. #20189
      Dreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_00868B'>yuppie11975</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      1,262
      Likes
      874
      DJ Entries
      29
      Quote Originally Posted by MoonageDaydream View Post
      I'm very frustrated that they have mandated teachers wear masks again (students can opt out). All summer and the end of last year we were told that masks would be optional this year. 2 days before school starts they change the policy. The problem for me is that the masks cause uncontrollable "maskne" on my chin. It's extremely frustrating and I am worried my skin is getting damaged. I am already seeing a derm and have 2 prescriptions. They wanted to give me a 3rd prescription but my insurance declined it (it costs $700 a tube without insurance - not an option). Without masks, and with the medications, I can keep it under control. With the masks, I have no hope. I wash my face in the middle of the work day (in addition to morning and night), I dispose of my mask and get a new one after lunch. I don't know what else I can do.

      I understand that health and safety are most important, but it's hard to stand behind that when most of the people getting hospitalized have chosen not to get the vaccine (97% according to this article). I'm also not sure how effective it's going to be when students can opt out, and we're cramming so many kids into small places (desks are right next to each other).

      I'm just frustrated.
      I can understand the frustration. Here in NSW there's been almost 400 cases daily, so the whole state has mandatory masks at the moment for all citizens. I have to have mine on all day in the office. Also we have a 'mask Nazi' that patrols the office and reports anyone who isn't wearing their mask. So, it's unpleasant. For me, no skin issues, but it definitely makes my ears hurt. I can't see the mask mandate ending any time soon either.
      MoonageDaydream likes this.
      Please feel free to check out my DEILD guide: http://bit.ly/2DOqiyT

    15. #20190
      Dream Guide
      Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      1,365
      Likes
      1766
      DJ Entries
      94
      Quote Originally Posted by yuppie11975 View Post
      I can understand the frustration. Here in NSW there's been almost 400 cases daily, so the whole state has mandatory masks at the moment for all citizens. I have to have mine on all day in the office. Also we have a 'mask Nazi' that patrols the office and reports anyone who isn't wearing their mask. So, it's unpleasant. For me, no skin issues, but it definitely makes my ears hurt. I can't see the mask mandate ending any time soon either.
      I'm glad my ears don't hurt!

      Surprisingly, I am doing OK. I mean, I'm like a maniac with my meds and face washing, etc., but so far I am doing good. One key difference is never ever skipping a day of the medication (I would forget a lot before).

      I also have a bit more empathy than I did when I wrote that post. Was talking with one of my neighbor teachers. She can't get the vaccine because she has blood clot issues. She also has diabetes. So she's stuck and scared. What's worse? Covid risk or vaccine risk? I don't know, but I feel really sorry for her.
      DarkestDarkness likes this.
      Check out the Lucid Dreaming Book Club: July-August
      Have a suggestion? Book Club Suggestion Thread

    16. #20191
      Administrator
      Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze
      Sivason's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      LD Count
      2500ish
      Gender
      Location
      Idaho
      Posts
      4,625
      Likes
      5516
      DJ Entries
      403
      Quote Originally Posted by MoonageDaydream View Post
      What's worse? Covid risk or vaccine risk? I don't know, but I feel really sorry for her.
      In almost every case COVID risk is thousands to tens of thousands times higher.
      Peace Be With You. Oh, and sure, The Force too, why not.



      "Instruction in Dream Yoga"

    17. #20192
      Dream Guide
      Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      1,365
      Likes
      1766
      DJ Entries
      94
      Quote Originally Posted by Sivason View Post
      In almost every case COVID risk is thousands to tens of thousands times higher.
      I agree with you, and if it were me I would take the risk. However, it's hard when another teacher in our school lost her uncle to a blood clot after taking the J&J (I think the chances would be lower with Moderna/Phizer though).
      Sivason and DarkestDarkness like this.
      Check out the Lucid Dreaming Book Club: July-August
      Have a suggestion? Book Club Suggestion Thread

    18. #20193
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      tropicalbreeze's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Gender
      Location
      everywhere
      Posts
      1,028
      Likes
      1406
      No mask mandate here. Thank gawd.

      Moved 5 times within 6 months. Life has been crazy yet awesome.

    19. #20194
      Dream Guide
      Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      1,365
      Likes
      1766
      DJ Entries
      94
      I can't even talk about how angry I am right now. The district just had a 11:30pm vote last night (wtf) to mandate masks for all students without medical exemption starting Monday. Honestly, I am seriously concerned about the masks' long term impact on our young children. They have lowered oxygen levels and increased carbon dioxide levels, which may not be harmful in the short term - but we can't really assess scientifically the long term, because we are the guinea pigs here. And this is going on at a time when our children's brains are growing. Furthermore, the bacteria we are breathing in, is this healthy? I don't know. But I'm pissed, because my son has autism, and can't stand the masks. He is sensitive to anything near his face. And now, if I want to exempt him, something I've been promised by the government, I can't just go get a doctor's note. I would have to go through the Federal Disability Law, and that process takes weeks and weeks. Forget the fact that in 2 weeks I can vaccinate him, and I was planning on it. Fuck that, why even bother?

      And all this decided without any input from us parents, at 11:30 at night randomly, with NO warnings.
      Eff this crap.

      And of course, us teachers are not allowed any medical exemptions. Even though my friend has chronic bronchitis and can't breathe (she's just defying the mandate entirely, but I'm afraid to do so, I don't have her status of power in the school). I am however, breaking out again. And I am really really trying not to.
      Last edited by MoonageDaydream; 08-19-2021 at 11:12 PM.
      Check out the Lucid Dreaming Book Club: July-August
      Have a suggestion? Book Club Suggestion Thread

    20. #20195
      armadillo dreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      monsa199a's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Gender
      Posts
      241
      Likes
      312
      DJ Entries
      17
      Quote Originally Posted by MoonageDaydream View Post
      I can't even talk about how angry I am right now. The district just had a 11:30pm vote last night (wtf) to mandate masks for all students without medical exemption starting Monday. Honestly, I am seriously concerned about the masks' long term impact on our young children. They have lowered oxygen levels and increased carbon dioxide levels, which may not be harmful in the short term - but we can't really assess scientifically the long term, because we are the guinea pigs here. And this is going on at a time when our children's brains are growing. Furthermore, the bacteria we are breathing in, is this healthy? I don't know. But I'm pissed, because my son has autism, and can't stand the masks. He is sensitive to anything near his face. And now, if I want to exempt him, something I've been promised by the government, I can't just go get a doctor's note. I would have to go through the Federal Disability Law, and that process takes weeks and weeks. Forget the fact that in 2 weeks I can vaccinate him, and I was planning on it. Fuck that, why even bother?

      And all this decided without any input from us parents, at 11:30 at night randomly, with NO warnings.
      Eff this crap.

      And of course, us teachers are not allowed any medical exemptions. Even though my friend has chronic bronchitis and can't breathe (she's just defying the mandate entirely, but I'm afraid to do so, I don't have her status of power in the school). I am however, breaking out again. And I am really really trying not to.
      Sorry to hear about that moon...we're all in this together.
      The physical and psychological impact in our children and us, as parents and teachers is devastating...I don't believe vaccines should be mandatory for everyone, the fact that messes up with your DNA is enough to say NO, it's MY BODY! and who has the last word on when the virus is gone and we can go back to normal? the President? the Scientist?...
      I say to all this bullshit illusion: FOLLOW YOUR HEART and HAVE NO FEAR! LIGHT GIRL IS HERE!
      MoonageDaydream likes this.

    21. #20196
      Dream Guide
      Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      1,365
      Likes
      1766
      DJ Entries
      94
      Quote Originally Posted by monsa199a View Post
      Sorry to hear about that moon...we're all in this together.
      The physical and psychological impact in our children and us, as parents and teachers is devastating...I don't believe vaccines should be mandatory for everyone, the fact that messes up with your DNA is enough to say NO, it's MY BODY! and who has the last word on when the virus is gone and we can go back to normal? the President? the Scientist?...
      I say to all this bullshit illusion: FOLLOW YOUR HEART and HAVE NO FEAR! LIGHT GIRL IS HERE!
      Haha, thanks for that, made my day.

      I played a science song for my students on the uke today. They loved it. I had two 6th graders singing along with me, and my 7th graders gave me a standing ovation! (rofl, guess they haven't figured out I'm not cool yet... ). <3 For the first time in a long time I feel like writing music again. So that's nice.
      monsa199a and HumbleDreamer like this.
      Check out the Lucid Dreaming Book Club: July-August
      Have a suggestion? Book Club Suggestion Thread

    22. #20197
      Dream Guide
      Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      1,365
      Likes
      1766
      DJ Entries
      94
      Had a code 5 today. This kid could not stop coughing. It took admin 15 minutes to come get him (not allowed to send code 5's out). The other kids were scared.

      Other than that.. I really love my new 6th grade class. Another great group. We did a fun lab yesterday.. they got to measure a piece of candy, find its mass using the triple beam balance, and its volume by water displacement in beakers. Then they got to eat a candy and use taste as an observation. They enjoyed it.

      [Sorry for double post, can't edit]
      Check out the Lucid Dreaming Book Club: July-August
      Have a suggestion? Book Club Suggestion Thread

    23. #20198
      Moderator

      Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Huge Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV
      HumbleDreamer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      3,326
      Likes
      2716
      DJ Entries
      2058
      Double posting can be allowed if the window to edit has expired. Hope they get better soon.
      ======

      BUSY! and but, Alive... Well, mostly.
      DarkestDarkness likes this.

      GHOSTBUSTERS DAY JUNE 8th.
      Ghostbusters: Afterlife come out in theaters November 19, 2021-11/11/2021

      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year
      today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/
      BOOO!



    24. #20199
      Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DarkestDarkness's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      429
      Likes
      656
      DJ Entries
      335
      Annoyingly, of late I have some really decent recall for the first few moments of waking up, but I think my sleep has been even more crap than usual lately - we need to do something about our bed - so I haven't really been able to write down the recall because I'm too tired and other thoughts just flood in and make me want to ignore the recall. Plus, I should make some time for catching up on updating my DJ here...

      On the other hand, other things have been going kind of fine, so maybe now just isn't the time to focus on dreaming anyway. Well, not until we get the bed sorted anyway.
      Singled out from some of my favourite quotes from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: "Risks of [Planet] flowering: considerable. But rewards of godhood: who can measure? - Usurper Judaa'Maar: Courage: to question."

    25. #20200
      Administrator
      Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze
      Sivason's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      LD Count
      2500ish
      Gender
      Location
      Idaho
      Posts
      4,625
      Likes
      5516
      DJ Entries
      403
      Rant: They demoted my boss who liked me to the same rank as me and gave the lead position to my co-worker who really does not like me. This makes me fearful for my future with the company.
      Rave: Just over a week until they will do surgery to replace my ACL which got snapped in half while grappling. I have been trying to do Kung Fu but it is not easy with my right knee completely unstable. It will take a full year before I am allowed to pivot on the knee, but after that it should be as good as my other knee.
      MoonageDaydream likes this.
      Peace Be With You. Oh, and sure, The Force too, why not.



      "Instruction in Dream Yoga"

    Similar Threads

    1. Rave/Techno/House Music
      By wasup in forum The Lounge
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: 02-06-2012, 09:27 AM
    2. Rave
      By Lord Bennington in forum Senseless Banter
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 04-07-2009, 02:54 AM
    3. The Bestest Game Effer. Complain Abut Shizle
      By Neruo in forum Senseless Banter
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 05-07-2007, 05:05 PM
    4. You know how people complain of english in movies?
      By Crucible in forum The Lounge
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 02-10-2004, 04:35 AM

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •