• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 62
    Like Tree66Likes

    Thread: Girls & Guys

    1. #1
      Deep Dreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9ACD32'>Karlitaki</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      LD Count
      40
      Gender
      Location
      Munich
      Posts
      433
      Likes
      338
      DJ Entries
      92

      Girls & Guys

      Why , always a guy has to do something to get the girl , and not the girl to do something to get the guy?

      why?? i dont get it , why r the waiting for guys to start it ?

      i just dont understand it lol.
      Eveningsky likes this.

    2. #2
      Moderator Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Stickie King
      sivason's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      LD Count
      Will be More!!!
      Gender
      Location
      Idaho
      Posts
      4,147
      Likes
      4832
      DJ Entries
      361
      The biggest reason is sex drive. Men need to compete to get girls and girls only need to be willing. It sucks, but it is nature. I often joke about a contest, take a few guys and a few girls and offer them money if they can get sex with an average looking member of the oppisite sex with in 24 hours, who they have never met. Every girl would be able to win the money, but few guys would have a chance.
      If the guy is good enough, then the girls may be happy and willing, if he makes the first move, but most woman want to be reassured first that the guy is into them. Be bold or you will be alone. I recomend at the very least, that you make it clear, in a polite way, that you would be interested in a certain girl. Then she may feel safe starting things with you. I would, in the past, basically tell a girl that any guy would be lucky to have her like him; then she would know she would not get rejected if she was interested in me.
      Zhaylin and Karlitaki like this.
      Peace Be With You. Oh, and sure, The Force too, why not.



      "Instruction in Dream Yoga"

    3. #3
      Xei
      UnitedKingdom Xei is offline
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      9,984
      Likes
      3082
      It's kinda complicated but ultimately it's because of gestation.

      Hope that helps.
      Karlitaki likes this.

    4. #4
      Wololo Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Supernova's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      LD Count
      Gender
      Location
      Spiral out, keep going.
      Posts
      2,909
      Likes
      906
      DJ Entries
      10
      Evolution, man
      Karlitaki likes this.

    5. #5
      Dreaming SpaceCowboyDave's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2011
      LD Count
      Dunno
      Gender
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      1,505
      Likes
      1756
      Because guys want it more I guess
      Karlitaki likes this.

      "You Can't, You Won't And You Don't Stop"
      Lucid Goals: [Ask a DC: "Am I dreaming?"] [Ask a DC: "What are you?"]

    6. #6
      Deep Dreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9ACD32'>Karlitaki</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      LD Count
      40
      Gender
      Location
      Munich
      Posts
      433
      Likes
      338
      DJ Entries
      92
      girls want guys too ,, for sex and everything , but i feel and think that its just not easy ... u look her , she look u , boom gone . next > again . next > wanna do something .. u cant , u wait maybe she does , no she wont u can't it just so weird .

      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      It's kinda complicated but ultimately it's because of gestation.

      Hope that helps.
      ahhh , idk about that but its weird we people know what we doing..
      Last edited by Karlitaki; 09-09-2012 at 05:46 AM.

    7. #7
      Psychonaut PlanesWalker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      40+
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      288
      Likes
      127
      DJ Entries
      8
      I disagree with the idea that males MUST compete for women. Women outnumber men. It's in our nature to compete and show our Alpha side, and women get off on it, but it is not necessary. If you think about it, females need us more than we need them. The majority of women want children, but have a finite amount of time to reproduce before the probability of defects and complications rises to the point where it is no longer safe for them to do so. And of course they can run out of eggs. Males however, can basically reproduce till our last breath. If you are a confident, well rounded mate then there is no need for competition, you have already won.
      Karlitaki and moSh like this.
      I Dreamed a Dream
      In it, saw people I've never seen
      Gone places I've never been
      And done things I'd do again.

      www.walkthedreamscape.wordpress.com
      _____________________________

    8. #8
      Moderator Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Stickie King
      sivason's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      LD Count
      Will be More!!!
      Gender
      Location
      Idaho
      Posts
      4,147
      Likes
      4832
      DJ Entries
      361
      Quote Originally Posted by PlanesWalker View Post
      I disagree with the idea that males MUST compete for women. Women outnumber men. It's in our nature to compete and show our Alpha side, and women get off on it, but it is not necessary. If you think about it, females need us more than we need them. The majority of women want children, but have a finite amount of time to reproduce before the probability of defects and complications rises to the point where it is no longer safe for them to do so. And of course they can run out of eggs. Males however, can basically reproduce till our last breath. If you are a confident, well rounded mate then there is no need for competition, you have already won.
      But, being confident and well rounded is how you are competing. The guy with traits that attract for what ever reason get the girl. Those who do not make themselves worth much, are out competed by the desirable catches. A guy does not have to be alpha to be competing, being clean and smelling clean is one form of competing and so on.
      Karlitaki likes this.
      Peace Be With You. Oh, and sure, The Force too, why not.



      "Instruction in Dream Yoga"

    9. #9
      Psychonaut PlanesWalker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      40+
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      288
      Likes
      127
      DJ Entries
      8
      I agree. If only everyone else did as well..
      Karlitaki likes this.
      I Dreamed a Dream
      In it, saw people I've never seen
      Gone places I've never been
      And done things I'd do again.

      www.walkthedreamscape.wordpress.com
      _____________________________

    10. #10
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      Girls go for guys, too. Girls just like feeling chased, so they go for guys in a different way.
      Karlitaki likes this.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    11. #11
      InSaNiTy Ekyu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      LD Count
      18
      Gender
      Location
      Behind you
      Posts
      349
      Likes
      327
      DJ Entries
      1
      Girls do it aswell, but just not in a way guys do. Ever notice when a group of girls is giggling at you? For a lot of girls they see that as the first step.. Now it's your turn to grab your balls and walk up to there like a man!!!! Just one of the many things girls do..

      Karlitaki and Zhaylin like this.


      All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.

      It's best to have failure happen early in life. It wakes up the Phoenix bird in you so you rise from the ashes.

    12. #12
      Member TheGritz's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Location
      Southeastern USA
      Posts
      100
      Likes
      36
      DJ Entries
      2
      Women take 9 months to get anything out of a relationship if you know what I mean so they evolved to bide their time and be choosier. Men evolved to hump everything they see with a pulse.
      “When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.”

    13. #13
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class
      Arra's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Posts
      3,838
      Likes
      3886
      DJ Entries
      50
      Again a question is brought up and two different types of answers are presented: 'why' from an evolutionary perspective and from a psychological one. They're completely different things in my opinion.

      I think everyone has somewhat of a fear of rejection. Men have that fear but will try to entice a woman anyway because they're told it's the only way they'll get one. Women know that the men are supposed to ask them out, not the other way around, so it is a relief and they certainly aren't going to try to ask one out knowing it isn't required. They might come on to a guy but in more subtle ways unless they're pretty sure that the guy is into them. Because of a fear of rejection, it is fun to be chased. Being chased is the opposite of being rejected, to know that someone wants you whether or not you want them. It feels good even if they genuinely aren't interested in the guy.

      In addition to what people say above, culture might make it even worse. Girls tend to be taught that people will like them more if they act shy and reserved. Loud and forthcoming girls are considered obnoxious. For men it's often the opposite. So for women, the rejection fear is even larger, because they aren't supposed to ask men out. If they get rejected, not only will they feel rejected, they'll feel like they're being judged as forthcoming.
      Last edited by Dianeva; 09-13-2012 at 08:32 PM.
      Zhaylin, Linkzelda, moSh and 3 others like this.

    14. #14
      Sound Manipulator moSh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      LD Count
      6
      Gender
      Location
      London
      Posts
      508
      Likes
      321
      DJ Entries
      60
      Is there no one here that enjoys the chase? I fucking love it. So much in fact, that I probably lose about 5% interest once I find out the feeling's mutual.

      We joke about it, but we secretly love the hard-to-get. Makes the prize that much sweeter.
      Zhaylin likes this.
      GOALS - GLORY FOR TEAM INSTINCT
      DILD [ ] /// Chain a Lucid Dream [ ] /// Stabilise [ ] /// Ask someone what the time is [ ]
      Turn on a computer and jump into it [ ] /// Fly out the Earth's atmosphere [ ] /// Telekinesis [ ] /// Jump through door [ ]
      Listen to my favourite record [ ] /// Jump down two flights of steps without breaking the old kneecaps [ ] /// Smoke a fatty [ ]

    15. #15
      Moderator Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Stickie King
      sivason's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      LD Count
      Will be More!!!
      Gender
      Location
      Idaho
      Posts
      4,147
      Likes
      4832
      DJ Entries
      361
      Quote Originally Posted by moSh View Post
      Is there no one here that enjoys the chase? I fucking love it. So much in fact, that I probably lose about 5% interest once I find out the feeling's mutual.

      We joke about it, but we secretly love the hard-to-get. Makes the prize that much sweeter.
      I have enjoyed the chase, but only if she does not play impossable to get. I maybe gave up to early with a few girls, but I don't want to be seen as an aggressive clueless bastard. I will chase and work to earn the woman, but she must initially give me some slight hint that she enjoys the attention.
      Zhaylin likes this.
      Peace Be With You. Oh, and sure, The Force too, why not.



      "Instruction in Dream Yoga"

    16. #16
      Sound Manipulator moSh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      LD Count
      6
      Gender
      Location
      London
      Posts
      508
      Likes
      321
      DJ Entries
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by sivason View Post
      I have enjoyed the chase, but only if she does not play impossable to get. I maybe gave up to early with a few girls, but I don't want to be seen as an aggressive clueless bastard. I will chase and work to earn the woman, but she must initially give me some slight hint that she enjoys the attention.
      Absolutely, yeah. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some predator-type (like my previous post, looking back at it, seems to suggest!), I usually take it quite slow and subtle, and have lost it a few times on account of not being forward enough with my intentions. It's striking the balance I suppose, isn't it.
      sivason likes this.
      GOALS - GLORY FOR TEAM INSTINCT
      DILD [ ] /// Chain a Lucid Dream [ ] /// Stabilise [ ] /// Ask someone what the time is [ ]
      Turn on a computer and jump into it [ ] /// Fly out the Earth's atmosphere [ ] /// Telekinesis [ ] /// Jump through door [ ]
      Listen to my favourite record [ ] /// Jump down two flights of steps without breaking the old kneecaps [ ] /// Smoke a fatty [ ]

    17. #17
      Banned
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Posts
      4
      Likes
      1
      Apply a mixture of turmeric powder and pineapple juice on dark circles,
      Apply cold cream 15 minutes before going to bed,
      Sleep for at least 8 hours in a day....

    18. #18
      Sound Manipulator moSh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      LD Count
      6
      Gender
      Location
      London
      Posts
      508
      Likes
      321
      DJ Entries
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by Abner123 View Post
      Apply a mixture of turmeric powder and pineapple juice on dark circles,
      Apply cold cream 15 minutes before going to bed,
      Sleep for at least 8 hours in a day....
      GOALS - GLORY FOR TEAM INSTINCT
      DILD [ ] /// Chain a Lucid Dream [ ] /// Stabilise [ ] /// Ask someone what the time is [ ]
      Turn on a computer and jump into it [ ] /// Fly out the Earth's atmosphere [ ] /// Telekinesis [ ] /// Jump through door [ ]
      Listen to my favourite record [ ] /// Jump down two flights of steps without breaking the old kneecaps [ ] /// Smoke a fatty [ ]

    19. #19
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>saltyseedog</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      LD Count
      eternally
      Gender
      Location
      land of the lost pets
      Posts
      2,380
      Likes
      1520
      DJ Entries
      15
      Doesn't always work that way.
      Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake

    20. #20
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Posts
      898
      Likes
      825
      All you guys are awesome and everything..but every single post here is total BULLSHIT...


      Guys "chase" girls because thats what they are expected to do...period...actually, i put three periods there...whatever.

      Girls "like the chase" because they are supposed to like the chase.

      Whenever anyone says, "because thats how it is", you know its bullshit...when anyone says, "because its the way of nature", that is bullshit...

      Honestly, this is a pet peeve of mine...I am sooooo god..damned...tired....of seeing girls giving me the eye and waiting for ME to walk up to THEM....IF you want to get to know someone, F'ING SAY SOMETHING!!!

      Girls are trained to show off in front of guys, and bat their eyes in hopes that the guy will like it and "chase". This is so total and utter bullshit, there just aren't enough ways to say how much bullshit this is..lol...

      Conditioning...Training...Expectations...get over it...thank you, and goodnight...


      P.S. got a little excited..not every post was bullshit..just 90% of them...which has been my experience with people in my life on this topic as well...
      We are all forced into these roles and when you don't play the game the way they want you to people think something is wrong with you...Don't get me wrong, I love the game as much as the next guy, but I am tired of being expected to play it to everyone else's standards...
      Last edited by Chimpertainment; 09-27-2012 at 07:30 AM.

    21. #21
      Luminescent sun chaser Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points
      AURON's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2007
      LD Count
      400ish
      Gender
      Location
      The World That Never Was
      Posts
      4,172
      Likes
      3214
      DJ Entries
      554
      You know what chimp...I replied to your statement, but I deleted it because everything i said was sexist, misogynistic, and probably accurate. i'll just say this:

      Praying Mantises don't decide "hey I won't eat my lover"
      Eagles don't decide "hey I'm going to stay with my mate for life".
      And humans don't decide who goes for who. A lot of times girls go for guys just as much as guys go for girls, but we just don't understand the signs we send to each other. Girls (for the most part) are just more subtle at it.

      Even excluding some subtleties, I've heard women say the same things I've heard most guys say while trying to pursue them. This includes but not limited to:

      I will fuck the shit out of you tonight
      If you were with me, I'd take care of you
      Damn you're sexy as hell
      I will mess him/her up if they mess with you
      this is just a fuck
      Will you marry me

      If you think it's still down to what roles we play in life....you have much to learn. Women have a different way of expressing themselves, but that doesn't mean the majority of them are out there looking to get swept off of their feet. Some of them are just looking for someone with enough confidence to talk to them. It's like having every qualification for a job and not applying, and getting pissed off because they didn't hire you. Or it's like applying for a ton of jobs and you're not qualified and you get pissed off because they didn't hire you. Sure, sometimes their are hiring blitzes (drunken parties), and friends may hook you up with jobs (clubs), but other than that, you have to go get them (solo round!).

      And lets say I'm completely wrong with what I just said. What what makes it something forced when mankind has been doing it that way since before we even had rules and standards? It's not like a "girls shouldn't wear pants" thing, because it goes back way farther than even spoken and written word. It's a thing that we have done since we first made fire....and showed it that girl living in the the cave next door....and in a way...we're still doing that.

      we're still doing it bro!
      Last edited by Auron; 09-27-2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: cause why the fuck not?
      Zhaylin, saltyseedog and Karlitaki like this.

    22. #22
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Posts
      898
      Likes
      825
      riiiight...we are just like the cavemen..I get that.

      what i don't get is why people feel the need to alter their behavior because of these useless societal norms...If I dont talk to her, she wont talk to me...that is how a lot of girls work. That is because they have been trained by society and their parents to use that specific behavior to get a mate.
      If you take a step back and look at human behavior. It isnt like a friggin praying mantis, or any other animal for that matter. We are determined to act a certain way based on our gender, race, cultural background. They are all conditions which people feel the need to meet otherwise face the negative consequences brought upon them by their peers.
      like i said...its all bullshit...
      Eveningsky and DeeryTheDeer like this.

    23. #23
      Luminescent sun chaser Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points
      AURON's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2007
      LD Count
      400ish
      Gender
      Location
      The World That Never Was
      Posts
      4,172
      Likes
      3214
      DJ Entries
      554
      So much angst....do you kiss your significant other with that mouth?

    24. #24
      Xei
      UnitedKingdom Xei is offline
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      9,984
      Likes
      3082
      Quote Originally Posted by Chimpertainment View Post
      Guys "chase" girls because thats what they are expected to do...period...actually, i put three periods there...whatever.

      Girls "like the chase" because they are supposed to like the chase.
      Whenever anyone says, "because thats how it is", you know its bullshit...when anyone says, "because its the way of nature", that is bullshit...
      lol @ the nonexistent distinction between saying 'that's how it is' and saying 'because it's nature', and your saying 'that's how it's supposed to be'.

      Anyway, you're wrong; 'men chasing women' is a universal cultural feature. Moreover, it occurs elsewhere in the animal kingdom, and in fact occurs in asocial animals whose mating behaviours are not 'conditioned' by anything other than themselves.

      The reason is that a man can produce an offspring every day, whereas a woman can produce an offspring only every nine months. Therefore, it's a selective advantage for men to be promiscuous, but for women to be more choosy about their partners and thus progeny.
      Zhaylin, moSh, Dianeva and 1 others like this.

    25. #25
      no sanity Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Veteran First Class
      Eveningsky's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      LD Count
      26
      Gender
      Posts
      32
      Likes
      36
      DJ Entries
      81
      The whole "the guy 'should' chase the girl" thing is, imo, silly. Whoever wants to "chase" should do the chasing. Whether it's the guy or girl is irrelevant.

      I wouldn't mind doing the "chasing" if I wasn't a rather shy and socially awkward person. But I am, so.

    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Meeting "Perfect" Guys/Girls in Dreams - Thoughts?
      By Psychonaut1992 in forum General Dream Discussion
      Replies: 45
      Last Post: 02-12-2017, 10:16 AM
    2. Hey guys & girls
      By Chrisito in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 05-21-2012, 06:07 AM
    3. I have a question for you guys/girls :)
      By XBrianBadondeX in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 06-19-2011, 04:50 PM
    4. Replies: 2
      Last Post: 08-03-2010, 05:28 PM
    5. some of you guys/girls are wanderers...
      By wet_roof113 in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: 06-13-2009, 05:01 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •