• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 32
    Like Tree31Likes

    Thread: Suggest me a movie! :-)

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      Bansheet's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      LD Count
      5
      Gender
      Posts
      88
      Likes
      67
      DJ Entries
      4

      Suggest me a movie! :-)

      I'm in the mood to watch an absolutely fantastic movie.
      I want an amazing movie. A movie that will make me cry aswell as make me laugh. A movie with intense drama and a well written plot (perhaps even a really twisted and brillinatly confusing plot that finaly makes perfect sence in the ending)
      It can be any kind of genre except for chick flick or horror. If it has an element of fantasm or maybe even a relation to lucid dreaming that would just be even more fantastic!
      So as they say: Hit me!
      I wanna be a rockstar
      And I wanna lucid dream
      Guess I'll just start
      By playing music in my dreams

    2. #2
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      Cloud Atlas
      JadeGreen, Bansheet and BjStrife like this.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    3. #3
      Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      Bansheet's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      LD Count
      5
      Gender
      Posts
      88
      Likes
      67
      DJ Entries
      4
      Quote Originally Posted by Original Poster View Post
      Cloud Atlas
      Thanks, it looks really good. The music in the trailer was enough to make me watch it

      Feel free to add more movies anyone!
      I wanna be a rockstar
      And I wanna lucid dream
      Guess I'll just start
      By playing music in my dreams

    4. #4
      TRL
      Australia TRL is offline
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Gender
      Posts
      6
      Likes
      1
      DJ Entries
      1
      Memento
      Bansheet likes this.

    5. #5
      Czar Salad IndieAnthias's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      707
      Likes
      491
      The Fall, its all of those things. Almost exactly what you described. I teared up a little myself.
      Last edited by IndieAnthias; 02-05-2013 at 09:05 AM.
      Bansheet and Oceandrop like this.

    6. #6
      Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      Bansheet's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      LD Count
      5
      Gender
      Posts
      88
      Likes
      67
      DJ Entries
      4
      Quote Originally Posted by TRL View Post
      Memento
      Already watched it. It's a really good movie though
      I wanna be a rockstar
      And I wanna lucid dream
      Guess I'll just start
      By playing music in my dreams

    7. #7
      Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      Bansheet's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      LD Count
      5
      Gender
      Posts
      88
      Likes
      67
      DJ Entries
      4
      Quote Originally Posted by IndieAnthias View Post
      The Fall, its all of those things. Almost exactly what you described. I teared up a little myself.
      Uhhh, looks awesome! Gonna watch it today!
      I wanna be a rockstar
      And I wanna lucid dream
      Guess I'll just start
      By playing music in my dreams

    8. #8
      DVA Apprentice Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal 3 years registered
      PennyRoyal's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      LD Count
      ~2-6 per month
      Gender
      Location
      Lacuna Inc.
      Posts
      536
      Likes
      777
      DJ Entries
      120
      Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind.

      It doesn't have anything to do with Lucid Dreaming explicitly - but a lot of the movie is played out in the character's Dreams. If you havn't seen or heard of this DONT BE TURNED OFF BY JIM CARRY PLAYING THE LEAD. He is GREAT in this movie.

      The Science of Sleep is also by the same people, but not as good as Eternal Sunshine.
      Last edited by PennyRoyal; 02-26-2013 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Forgot to add
      Bansheet likes this.

    9. #9
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      The Graduate
      Easy Rider (phenomenal, but don't expect much of a plot to kick in; probably my favorite movie)
      The Godfather
      Goodfellas
      Menace II Society
      Boyz N The Hood
      Carlito's Way
      Pulp Fiction
      Reservoir Dogs
      The Last American Virgin (80's teen comedy drama gold)

      None of those are lucid dreaming or fantasy movies, but for the other stuff you requested, those are the greatest movies I can think of. I very highly recommend all of them.

      Excalibur is the greatest fantasy movie of all time, in my opinion. It has awesome drama and top notch acting, but there isn't much comedy in it.

      Vanilla Sky might be something you are looking for.

      If you want pure comedy that will make you laugh so hard you can't breathe, my top suggestions are Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Monty Python's Life of Brian, and Kentucky Fried Movie. I don't think anything else touches the level those three are on.

      Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Dazed and Confused are some really entertaining movies about high school social life. They involve drama and comedy, but not the knock you on your ass kind. They are just a lot of fun to watch. They're more amusement oriented than anything else.

      If you want to see some pure drama that will mess with your mind for days after you watch it, Schindler's List and Ordinary People are my top picks. Don't expect to laugh while watching them.

      You might have seen a lot or even all of those, but those are my favorite movies.
      Last edited by Universal Mind; 02-27-2013 at 08:49 AM.
      Bansheet likes this.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    10. #10
      My Stunt Double Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class
      Carrot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      LD Count
      30+
      Gender
      Posts
      3,015
      Likes
      3662
      DJ Entries
      70
      The Butterfly Effect, speaks of a protagonist who's able to travel back in time to fix several parts of his life but every time he tries to change something, things get even worst, thus the butterfly effect.

      Love Me If You Dare, it's a French movie, brilliant plot, I would never have guess it's ending.
      Bansheet and Saizaphod like this.

    11. #11
      DVA Apprentice Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal 3 years registered
      PennyRoyal's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      LD Count
      ~2-6 per month
      Gender
      Location
      Lacuna Inc.
      Posts
      536
      Likes
      777
      DJ Entries
      120
      Quote Originally Posted by Carrot View Post
      Love Me If You Dare, it's a French movie, brilliant plot, I would never have guess it's ending.
      I think the french title is something like "Jeux d'enfant." Fantastic movie, I would also recommend this.

    12. #12
      My Stunt Double Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class
      Carrot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      LD Count
      30+
      Gender
      Posts
      3,015
      Likes
      3662
      DJ Entries
      70
      Quote Originally Posted by PennyRoyal View Post
      I think the french title is something like "Jeux d'enfant." Fantastic movie, I would also recommend this.
      Yes it is! I don't speak French so I thought I should type it in English, searching for the English title leads you to the right movie too.
      PennyRoyal likes this.

    13. #13
      The Restless One BjStrife's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      LD Count
      Not enough
      Gender
      Location
      Turnov, Czech Republic
      Posts
      59
      Likes
      43
      DJ Entries
      3
      Bansheet likes this.
      "MAY THE SLEEPER BE WITH YOU !"

    14. #14
      Void Wanderer MIMIR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Gender
      Posts
      1
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Bansheet View Post
      I'm in the mood to watch an absolutely fantastic movie.
      I want an amazing movie. A movie that will make me cry aswell as make me laugh. A movie with intense drama and a well written plot (perhaps even a really twisted and brillinatly confusing plot that finaly makes perfect sence in the ending)
      It can be any kind of genre except for chick flick or horror. If it has an element of fantasm or maybe even a relation to lucid dreaming that would just be even more fantastic!
      So as they say: Hit me!





      my question for you is this.... how far down the rabbit hole are you willing to go ?

    15. #15
      Member Achievements:
      Populated Wall Tagger First Class 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      TwoCrystalCups's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      LD Count
      300+
      Gender
      Posts
      1,899
      Likes
      1255
      Inception
      Scarface 1983 or 1932 film
      The Professional
      Over the top
      The quick and the dead
      Gangster squad
      Public enemies
      The bourne legacy
      Fight or Flight
      Arena
      Drive
      Killer Elite
      Priest
      Soul surfer
      The long kiss goodnight
      Point of no return
      Last edited by hathor28; 03-01-2013 at 01:10 PM.
      Bansheet likes this.

    16. #16
      Xei
      UnitedKingdom Xei is offline
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      9,984
      Likes
      3082
      Quote Originally Posted by PennyRoyal View Post
      Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind.

      It doesn't have anything to do with Lucid Dreaming explicitly - but a lot of the movie is played out in the character's Dreams. If you havn't seen or heard of this DONT BE TURNED OFF BY JIM CARRY PLAYING THE LEAD. He is GREAT in this movie.
      The Truman Show is in a very similar vein.
      SnowyCat, PennyRoyal and BjStrife like this.

    17. #17
      Tea & Noodles/Ban Master SnowyCat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      LD Count
      Plenty
      Gender
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      467
      Likes
      733
      DJ Entries
      3
      Casablanca! I am appalled such a masterpiece has gone unmentioned thus far.
      Bansheet and hathor28 like this.

    18. #18
      Banned
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      LD Count
      Counts fingers
      Gender
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      4,118
      Likes
      4859
      DJ Entries
      111
      A little bit of everything.

      Blade Runner (not the Director's Cut) - Sci-Fi Drama
      The Illusionist - Mystery/Drama
      Sunshine - Mystery/Sci-Fi/Horror
      Spirited Away - Anime/Drama
      The Quiet Earth - Mystery/Sci-Fi
      Fail Safe - Drama
      Gone With the Wind - Classic/Historic Drama
      Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Original) - Musical
      The Good, The Bad,and The Ugly - Western
      Joyeux Noel - Historic Drama
      Clerks - Comedy
      Poltergeist - Fantasy/Horror
      Grave of the Fireflies - Anime/Historic Drama
      Whale Rider - Drama
      A Clockwork Orange - Fantasy/Violence
      Curse of the Golden Flower - Historic Drama
      Hero - Historic Drama
      The Emerald Forest - Historical Drama
      Sleepers - Suspense Drama
      The Mission - Historical Drama
      Glengarry Glen Ross - Adult Dmama/Comedy
      Pay It Forward - Drama
      American Beauty - Adult Drama
      Heat - Crime Drama
      Se7en - Crime Drama/Mystery
      The Shawshank Redemption - Crime Drama
      The Green Mile - Mystery/Drama
      Amadeus - Historic Drama/Comedy
      Unforgiven - Western/Drama
      Last edited by melanieb; 03-07-2013 at 08:57 PM.

    19. #19
      DVA Apprentice Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal 3 years registered
      PennyRoyal's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      LD Count
      ~2-6 per month
      Gender
      Location
      Lacuna Inc.
      Posts
      536
      Likes
      777
      DJ Entries
      120
      Quote Originally Posted by melanieb View Post
      A little bit of everything.

      Blade Runner (not the Director's Cut) - Sci-Fi Drama
      The Illusionist - Mystery/Drama
      Sunshine - Mystery/Sci-Fi/Horror
      Spirited Away - Anime/Drama
      The Quiet Earth - Mystery/Sci-Fi
      Fail Safe - Drama
      Gone With the Wind - Classic/Historic Drama
      Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Original) - Musical
      The Good, The Bad,and The Ugly - Western
      Joyeux Noel - Historic Drama
      Clerks - Comedy
      Poltergeist - Fantasy/Horror
      Grave of the Fireflies - Anime/Historic Drama
      Whale Rider - Drama
      A Clockwork Orange - Fantasy/Violence
      Curse of the Golden Flower - Historic Drama
      Hero - Historic Drama
      The Emerald Forest - Historical Drama
      Sleepers - Suspense Drama
      The Mission - Historical Drama
      Glengarry Glen Ross - Adult Dmama/Comedy
      Pay It Forward - Drama
      American Beauty - Adult Drama
      Heat - Crime Drama
      Se7en - Crime Drama/Mystery
      The Shawshank Redemption - Crime Drama
      The Green Mile - Mystery/Drama
      Amadeus - Historic Drama/Comedy
      Unforgiven - Western/Drama
      I do believe I could very much enjoy a movie marathon orchestrated by you Mel
      Awesome choices.
      melanieb likes this.
      “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

    20. #20
      Tea & Noodles/Ban Master SnowyCat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      LD Count
      Plenty
      Gender
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      467
      Likes
      733
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by melanieb View Post
      Spirited Away - Anime/Drama
      Don't forget every single one of Miyazaki's other films also.
      melanieb and BjStrife like this.

    21. #21
      Stay lucid Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Veteran First Class
      Saizaphod's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      LD Count
      527+
      Gender
      Posts
      1,034
      Likes
      1175
      DJ Entries
      24
      I cant believe no-one has suggested Lord of the Rings yet.
      Lord of the Rings: Fellow ship of the ring
      Lord of the Rings: The two towers
      Lord of the Rings: The return of the king

      Others i would suggest:
      The last samurai (Tom Cruise) Epic movie with emotional parts and unbelievable music.
      Lumenia likes this.

    22. #22
      Member Achievements:
      Populated Wall Tagger First Class 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      TwoCrystalCups's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      LD Count
      300+
      Gender
      Posts
      1,899
      Likes
      1255
      Quote Originally Posted by Mikasan527 View Post
      I cant believe no-one has suggested Lord of the Rings yet.
      Lord of the Rings: Fellow ship of the ring
      Lord of the Rings: The two towers
      Lord of the Rings: The return of the king
      Not a fan, but i do like Gladiator which is historical and has action and emotions combined which i love.

    23. #23
      Dragon Scionox's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      LD Count
      297
      Gender
      Location
      My lair
      Posts
      2,140
      Likes
      1395
      DJ Entries
      597
      If you don't mind anime, check out Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, there's both anime series and anime film versions, but it's definitely the most amazing anime i ever seen in my life.

    24. #24
      Haunted by entropy. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      sloth's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      LD Count
      20 years worth
      Gender
      Location
      Deep in the woods
      Posts
      2,131
      Likes
      584
      Naughty Nurses Nine
      ---o--- my DCs say I'm dreamy.

    25. #25
      Wir sind Träumer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      Lumenia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      LD Count
      3
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere
      Posts
      40
      Likes
      100
      DJ Entries
      82
      Garden State.
      Universal Mind likes this.

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Suggest IRC-Bot features
      By fridge in forum Tech Talk
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 04-29-2011, 12:43 AM
    2. What would you suggest?
      By Valek in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 03-14-2008, 11:29 PM
    3. What Do You Suggest We Do?
      By Hard as Nails in forum Extended Discussion
      Replies: 84
      Last Post: 05-10-2007, 10:47 PM
    4. Suggest a name
      By Krrish in forum The Lounge
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: 02-11-2006, 06:40 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •