• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 13 of 13
    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      wasup's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Posts
      4,668
      Likes
      21

      Internet Explorer 7

      Check this out... : http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/default.mspx
      I think internet explorer is gonna jump ahead of firefox... it's gonna have tabbed browsing and some other promising stuff. I'm a big firefox fan but this seems like it will be better.
      Download the beta 2 preview from the site above (that's not the complete version... so you can expect it'll be better when its done).


      Also, has anyone heard of windows vista?
      http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/default.mspx

      Sounds good... I'm not sure if I'm gonna get it though.

    2. #2
      Member Umbrasquall's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      3,444
      Likes
      3
      My friend has Windows Vista. Nothing really revolutional, it's just got a smoother interface and transparent windows. Works almost like a Mac OS.

      However I do think Office 12 is a big improvement from Office 2003.

    3. #3
      Member Boris's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      255
      Likes
      0
      How do you go from office 2003 to office 12?

    4. #4
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Posts
      187
      Likes
      0
      I cant install the IE 7 beta. It demands service pack 2.

      I cant install service pack 2 since my XP is pirated.

      So I will use firefox.

      And about Vista..... Old wine in new bottle !

    5. #5
      - Neruo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Gender
      Location
      The Netherlands
      Posts
      4,438
      Likes
      5
      No matter how good it is, mircosoft is still gay. And viruses will allways be aimed at IE.
      “What a peculiar privilege has this little agitation of the brain which we call 'thought'” -Hume

    6. #6
      FBI agent Ynot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Southend, Essex
      Posts
      4,337
      Likes
      14
      Originally posted by korothism
      I cant install the IE 7 beta. It demands service pack 2.

      I cant install service pack 2 since my XP is pirated.

      So I will use firefox.

      And about Vista..... Old wine in new bottle !
      korothism

      Google a program called Trixie
      it's an extension to IE (similar to greasemonkey for firefox)
      where you can modify how sites operate via javascript code implemented on site access

      Then PM me for the Windows Genuine advantage validation workaround javascript for Trixie
      (\_ _/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

    7. #7
      explore Demerzel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Scotland, UK
      Posts
      1,189
      Likes
      5
      i am on win vista dn using IE 7 atm - it's nothing special, really.
      [22:59] <Kaniaz> You basically did a massive shit on the rug of this IRC
      [22:59] <Kaniaz> And called it a message

    8. #8
      Keeper of the Flame AlternateReality's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Gender
      Location
      St. Louis, MO Relevant Posts: 27
      Posts
      329
      Likes
      1
      Originally posted by Neruo
      No matter how good it is, mircosoft is still gay. And viruses will allways be aimed at IE.
      You.
      Die.
      Now.

      [360]

      Or at least learn to hate everything equally.
      Do you know where you are?

    9. #9
      explore Demerzel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Scotland, UK
      Posts
      1,189
      Likes
      5
      Originally posted by Neruo
      No matter how good it is, mircosoft is still gay. And viruses will allways be aimed at IE.
      ITS GOOD... but its gay

      That's what you just said. Think about that.

      Don't bother, I will for you, that says:
      I AM THE VICTIM OF RETARDED LINUX FANS CALLING MICROSOFT HOMOPHOBIC TERMS BECAUSE LETS BE HONEST; WE'RE REALLY JEALOUS
      [22:59] <Kaniaz> You basically did a massive shit on the rug of this IRC
      [22:59] <Kaniaz> And called it a message

    10. #10
      - Neruo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Gender
      Location
      The Netherlands
      Posts
      4,438
      Likes
      5
      Originally posted by Techboy
      ITS GOOD... but its gay *

      That's what you just said. Think about that.

      Don't bother, I will for you, that says:
      I AM THE VICTIM OF RETARDED LINUX FANS CALLING MICROSOFT HOMOPHOBIC TERMS BECAUSE LETS BE HONEST; WE'RE REALLY JEALOUS
      lol

      Linux sucks. But it's just a fact that Mircosoft doesn't put a real effort into their software. You know why? Becouse they have a fucking monopoly. (not the board game). There is no argueing about that. And that's like communism: they don't have to do shit to get money.

      So they keep bringing out crappy software.

      However XP is a hell of a lot better then 98 and such. I mean there were systems with a real desktop when windows 3.1 screwed anyone with their uber-marketing skills.

      I am not saying there is anything better. I am say that windows sucks and that there Should be something better.

      If you dissagree, you are a fucking communist

      (lol j/k <3 2 commies.)
      “What a peculiar privilege has this little agitation of the brain which we call 'thought'” -Hume

    11. #11
      explore Demerzel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Scotland, UK
      Posts
      1,189
      Likes
      5
      Originally posted by Neruo


      lol

      Linux sucks. *But it's just a fact that Mircosoft doesn't put a real effort into their software. You know why? Becouse they have a fucking monopoly. (not the board game). There is no argueing about that. And that's like communism: they don't have to do shit to get money.

      So they keep bringing out crappy software.

      However XP is a hell of a lot better then 98 and such. *I mean there were systems with a real desktop when windows 3.1 screwed anyone with their uber-marketing skills.

      I am not saying there is anything better. I am say that windows sucks and that there Should be something better.

      If you dissagree, you are a fucking communist

      (lol j/k <3 2 commies.)
      Alrighty, if you want to head in that direction..

      I disagree with most of your points. DUN DUN DUN

      It is NOT fact that Microsoft does not put effort into their software. I would like to see you put every single ounce of effort you have in your tiny brain and produce a company like Microsoft..

      Do you think Microsoft got a monopoly (oh, btw, the US court said.. nah they dont, about 2 years ago, so you are wrong anyway) by making "shitty software?" No they did not, they made a decent operating system that the combined effort of this entire forum probably couldnt.

      You then said soemthing about uber marketing skills - one could argue that if you could market a product and people use it then what's the deal? The people didn't buy it cause they saw a nice ad, they bought it because they heard of it in a catchy ad, and subsequently saw it was good upon use of it.

      You then, essentially, called me a "fucking communist," which breaks two rules in one go, congratulations! No political discussion and no insulting of other members.

      Oops.

      And then last but not least - how do you know that something "sucks"? "sucks" is a pretty short word to describe an entire operating system and multilbillion market share, and I don't see you with one of them
      [22:59] <Kaniaz> You basically did a massive shit on the rug of this IRC
      [22:59] <Kaniaz> And called it a message

    12. #12
      - Neruo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Gender
      Location
      The Netherlands
      Posts
      4,438
      Likes
      5
      So just becouse they are in control, becouse they control the market, becouse they got there all american-style, their product is good?

      Like bush?

      lol and sorry for calling you a commie I guess you could learn something from commies. commies rock. To bad they are just not realistic and a buch of hypocrites.

      Like me.
      “What a peculiar privilege has this little agitation of the brain which we call 'thought'” -Hume

    13. #13
      FBI agent Ynot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Southend, Essex
      Posts
      4,337
      Likes
      14
      differing target audiences

      Windows is easy to use
      ideal for everyday use desktop machines

      *nix is robust and secure
      ideal for server applications

      *nix isn't designed to be used as a desktop OS

      end of story, really
      (\_ _/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •