• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 25 of 25
    1. #1
      never better Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      Bearsy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Gender
      Location
      BuffaLOVE, New York
      Posts
      2,825
      Likes
      68

      What is the deal with razor blade commercials?

      Guy showers himself then walks into a boardroom where a hot brunette gives him the eye?

      wtf is that about?

      here is the reality of things

      Guy showers, is probably a little fat, walks into the boardroom, sweating a little bit.
      And the woman, the hot brunette?
      Yeah, her name is Joan and she's 214 lbs and really not hot, she isn't 5 foot 8 and the the only thing on her that's a 38 is her waist size. Make that a 42.

      I really hate razor blade commercials.

    2. #2
      Veteran of the DV Wars Man of Steel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      LD Count
      ~35
      Gender
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      4,553
      Likes
      94
      Such cynicism.



      You make me proud.

    3. #3
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      2,119
      Likes
      3
      Well, razor ads aren't as bad as the constant barrage of female products I see all the time. And now they have an ad for some sort of vag-cleaner and the narrator is like, "for when you're on your period, or when you're intimate, or when you douche...". Jesus fuck, get that shit off my tv screen.

    4. #4
      BICYCLE RIGHTS Catbus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      LD Count
      thou, yea?
      Gender
      Location
      occupied east tennessee
      Posts
      1,517
      Likes
      95
      DJ Entries
      4
      Quote Originally Posted by drewmandan View Post
      Well, razor ads aren't as bad as the constant barrage of female products I see all the time. And now they have an ad for some sort of vag-cleaner and the narrator is like, "for when you're on your period, or when you're intimate, or when you douche...". Jesus fuck, get that shit off my tv screen.
      I fucking know. One time my mom and sister broke out into a conversation about their lady parts after one of those commercials, taking no heed to the fact that I was still on the couch.

    5. #5
      ... Michael's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Who counts?
      Gender
      Location
      Invisible Society
      Posts
      1,276
      Likes
      76
      Quote Originally Posted by Elis D. View Post
      Guy showers himself then walks into a boardroom where a hot brunette gives him the eye?

      wtf is that about?

      here is the reality of things

      Guy showers, is probably a little fat, walks into the boardroom, sweating a little bit.
      And the woman, the hot brunette?
      Yeah, her name is Joan and she's 214 lbs and really not hot, she isn't 5 foot 8 and the the only thing on her that's a 38 is her waist size. Make that a 42.

      I really hate razor blade commercials.
      thats only here in america... where people are fat. except me.

    6. #6
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Posts
      57
      Likes
      0
      I forget where I saw it but there was a really funny commercial for a 12 blade razor...it seemed real as they used all the standard lines and stuff and then it turned out to be a spoof.

      Can't remember for the life of me where I saw it.

    7. #7
      Toast Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      shrimpster's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      LD Count
      75
      Gender
      Location
      New Zealand
      Posts
      175
      Likes
      0
      Yea, I just realized that razor blade commercials are really kinda retarded...

      Seriously though, it's such a unrealistic representation...
      LD count: 75
      (17 DEILDs, 54 DILDs, 4 WILDs)

    8. #8
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      2,119
      Likes
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by shrimpster View Post
      Yea, I just realized that razor blade commercials are really kinda retarded...

      Seriously though, it's such a unrealistic representation...
      Not for me it ain't! I'm a sexy mutha!

    9. #9
      used to be Guerilla
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      LD Count
      2
      Gender
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      2,929
      Likes
      102
      Yea, they try to glorify shaving, instead of coming up with a way to permanently shave hair off for personal use..they just keep coming up with more blades...OMG im so impressed by our 21st century hair removal technology


      In reality, they keep making blades because they dull and hair keeps coming back, ensuring that their revenues keep going up, from us buying razors every time we run out....I hate money.
      I would rather die on my feet then to live on my knees.

    10. #10
      Il Buoиo Siиdяed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Gender
      Location
      иowheяe
      Posts
      3,846
      Likes
      390


      This is the only way to sell shaving apparatus.

    11. #11
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      2,119
      Likes
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by guerilla View Post
      In reality, they keep making blades because they dull and hair keeps coming back, ensuring that their revenues keep going up, from us buying razors every time we run out....I hate money.
      It's called an electric shaver.

    12. #12
      Banned
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Gender
      Location
      florida
      Posts
      362
      Likes
      122
      Quote Originally Posted by drewmandan View Post
      It's called an electric shaver.
      Word. Electric shavers go eons between blade changes.

    13. #13
      Drivel's Advocate Xaqaria's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2007
      LD Count
      WhoIsJohnGalt?
      Gender
      Location
      Denver, CO Catchphrase: BullCockie!
      Posts
      5,589
      Likes
      929
      DJ Entries
      9
      Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
      I forget where I saw it but there was a really funny commercial for a 12 blade razor...it seemed real as they used all the standard lines and stuff and then it turned out to be a spoof.

      Can't remember for the life of me where I saw it.
      Saturday Night Live, Platinum Mach 14


      The ability to happily respond to any adversity is the divine.
      Art
      Dream Journal Shaman Apprentice Chronicles

    14. #14
      never better Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      Bearsy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Gender
      Location
      BuffaLOVE, New York
      Posts
      2,825
      Likes
      68
      Yo fucking SNL stole that from MadTV.



      this one's funny too

      Last edited by Bearsy; 10-12-2008 at 01:52 AM.

    15. #15
      Drivel's Advocate Xaqaria's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2007
      LD Count
      WhoIsJohnGalt?
      Gender
      Location
      Denver, CO Catchphrase: BullCockie!
      Posts
      5,589
      Likes
      929
      DJ Entries
      9
      Quote Originally Posted by Elis D. View Post
      Yo fucking SNL stole that from MadTV.



      this one's funny too

      Too bad snl has better writers and actors. Nicole Sullivan mouths all of the other guy's lines in that clip.

      The ability to happily respond to any adversity is the divine.
      Art
      Dream Journal Shaman Apprentice Chronicles

    16. #16
      never better Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      Bearsy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Gender
      Location
      BuffaLOVE, New York
      Posts
      2,825
      Likes
      68
      You mean had, right?

      Currently they both suck equally hard.

    17. #17
      Veteran of the DV Wars Man of Steel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      LD Count
      ~35
      Gender
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      4,553
      Likes
      94
      Quote Originally Posted by Siиdяed View Post


      This is the only way to sell shaving apparatus.
      That guy's wise.

    18. #18
      Drivel's Advocate Xaqaria's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2007
      LD Count
      WhoIsJohnGalt?
      Gender
      Location
      Denver, CO Catchphrase: BullCockie!
      Posts
      5,589
      Likes
      929
      DJ Entries
      9
      Quote Originally Posted by Elis D. View Post
      You mean had, right?

      Currently they both suck equally hard.
      Maybe I do mean had...

      I haven't watched either in awhile because they were going downhill, but then again the "Fey Factor" Palin impressions are boosting snl's ratings signifigantly so maybe they are turning things around. It might just be the fact that its a hot topic though...

      The ability to happily respond to any adversity is the divine.
      Art
      Dream Journal Shaman Apprentice Chronicles

    19. #19
      Il Buoиo Siиdяed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Gender
      Location
      иowheяe
      Posts
      3,846
      Likes
      390
      Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
      That guy's wise.
      Thank-you. Make me a moderator now, please? :]

    20. #20
      Veteran of the DV Wars Man of Steel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      LD Count
      ~35
      Gender
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      4,553
      Likes
      94
      I meant the guy shaving with his knife, actually.


      He seems familiar, somehow...

    21. #21
      Il Buoиo Siиdяed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Gender
      Location
      иowheяe
      Posts
      3,846
      Likes
      390
      :[

    22. #22
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      2,119
      Likes
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post

      He seems familiar, somehow...
      He's Ugly Shia LeBeouf

    23. #23
      used to be Guerilla
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      LD Count
      2
      Gender
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      2,929
      Likes
      102
      Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
      Word. Electric shavers go eons between blade changes.
      Don't work very well for me, actually irritates my skin more then a razor strangely
      I would rather die on my feet then to live on my knees.

    24. #24
      Il Buoиo Siиdяed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Gender
      Location
      иowheяe
      Posts
      3,846
      Likes
      390
      Quote Originally Posted by drewmandan View Post
      He's Ugly Shia LeBeouf
      Your comment has pleased me endlessly.

      Well done.

    25. #25
      Designated Cyberpunk Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Black_Eagle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Austin, Texas
      Posts
      2,440
      Likes
      146
      Man... Mad TV and SNL do both suck. It's time for a third late night sketch comedy show to arise and put an end to the long-exhausted other two.
      Surrender your flesh. We demand it.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •