• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 453
    1. #1
      Member What is Real's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      34
      Likes
      0

      Tell me who here is not a freaking druggie

      Umm...yeah. I hate drugs, and will never drink even when I'm of age, but a lot of people here seem to be junkies. Who else isn't?
      12 LDs at least (most short), all DILD I believe.

    2. #2
      Gentlemen. Ladies. slayer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Right here... Reputation: 9999
      Posts
      4,900
      Likes
      469
      DJ Entries
      4
      I'm 16, never done a drug, and I've never drank before.

    3. #3
      That Guy
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      705
      Likes
      0
      Just because you do drugs, does not make you a junky, or a druggie. I used to have the same naive outlook on these things when I was younger, then I realized the only reason I thought that way was because I had been told to all my life. Naturally, drugs can be harmful when done excessively. The same goes for just about anything in life. Too many video games can fuck up your reality, make you anti-social, shelter you. Too much food can make you fat, unhealthy.

      The key to everything in life is moderation. And binge drinking.

    4. #4
      Omnipotent Being. nitsuJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Gender
      Location
      The Outer Reaches
      Posts
      1,957
      Likes
      6
      I drink sometimes, other than that I don't do anything. I'm not a junkie either, I don't have to have a drink to survive.

    5. #5
      Worst title ever Grod's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      LD Count
      breathe for me
      Gender
      Location
      gliding in the absolute
      Posts
      3,550
      Likes
      194
      How old are you my friend?

    6. #6
      Fan of "That Guy" Lzen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Gender
      Location
      California, USA
      Posts
      1,105
      Likes
      29
      Quote Originally Posted by Bayside
      The same goes for just about anything in life. Too many video games can fuck up your reality, make you anti-social, shelter you.
      There's no evidence whatsoever to support that, just so you know...sorry, but it's just my sworn duty to defend video games from these myths and lies that society perpetuates about them.

      Anyway, I used to smoke pot, but that was about it. The "fact" that it's a "gateway drug" is complete BS, for I've never even thought about trying another drug...not even a cigarette.

      Even so, I never smoked it very often at all, and even now that I have plenty more opportunities to do it (for free, no less), I just don't feel the need to do it as a regular thing. The only times I do smoke are when I'm either depressed or pissed off as all hell.

      Quote Originally Posted by Grod View Post
      How old are you my friend?
      You'll notice his profile says he's 21.
      Final Fantasy VI Rules!

      Total LDs: 10 | WILDs: 4 | DILDs: 5 | DEILDs: 2
      "Take atheism, for example. Not a religion? Their pseudo-dogmatic will to convert others to their system of beliefs is eerily reminiscent of the very behavior they criticize in the religious."

    7. #7
      Worst title ever Grod's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      LD Count
      breathe for me
      Gender
      Location
      gliding in the absolute
      Posts
      3,550
      Likes
      194
      Quote Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
      There's no evidence whatsoever to support that, just so you know...sorry, but it's just my sworn duty to defend video games from these myths and lies that society perpetuates about them.

      Anyway, I used to smoke pot, but that was about it. The "fact" that it's a "gateway drug" is complete BS, for I've never even thought about trying another drug...not even a cigarette.

      Even so, I never smoked it very often at all, and even now that I have plenty more opportunities to do it (for free, no less), I just don't feel the need to do it as a regular thing. The only times I do smoke are when I'm either depressed or pissed off as all hell.


      You'll notice his profile says he's 21.
      I wasn't talking about nitsuJ.

    8. #8
      The Anti-Member spockman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      2,500
      Likes
      132
      There's no evidence whatsoever to support that, just so you know...sorry, but it's just my sworn duty to defend video games from these myths and lies that society perpetuates about them.
      If a person play way too many video games to the point that thier life revolves around them, they're a jack-ass. Sorry. Video games do need to be moderated.

      Anyway, I intend to drink when I'm of age but won't smoke or get high. I follow legal parameters on this one. Though a little bit of grass making you a slight druggie isn't as harmful as being a slight alcoholic...
      Paul is Dead




    9. #9
      Legend Jeff777's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Gender
      Posts
      8,052
      Likes
      1511
      I'm 20 (going on 21) and I've sipped a glass of alcohol less than 5 times in my life (never finished it) and I've never smoked anything or done any type of drugs to get a "high". I like making money, not making my brain cells die off.
      Things are not as they seem

    10. #10
      Worst title ever Grod's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      LD Count
      breathe for me
      Gender
      Location
      gliding in the absolute
      Posts
      3,550
      Likes
      194
      Good answer bro.

    11. #11
      Member Blakesawake's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      62
      Likes
      0
      I started smoking the herb at 11 years old after getting out of school(5th grade) I was introduced at an early age and all my friends and brothers smoked as well so naturally it became a way of life. My dad is an alcoholic and smoker of the green. He gave me no guidance as to not smoking it, but on the contrary, smoked with me when I was 14 or so. I got involved in more serious drugs as I was curious for something more. I took LSD when I was 11 once. I ate mushrooms a few times. I never really got into anything un-natural. coke or pills. Just the thought of putting foreign substances up ones shnoz.
      When I was 17 I was introduced to God through Jesus Christ and I quit everything. I now live a completely drug free life. I am higher than I ever was on any drug and I will live after the spirit for the rest of my days on this Earth completely fulfilled and for the rest of eternity. There is alot more to life than serving yourself and getting what you want. There is serving God and others, in the end getting what you never knew you needed but its a dream come true. Its all about the Love, Peace.

    12. #12
      Fan of "That Guy" Lzen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Gender
      Location
      California, USA
      Posts
      1,105
      Likes
      29
      Quote Originally Posted by spockman View Post
      If a person play way too many video games to the point that thier life revolves around them, they're a jack-ass. Sorry. Video games do need to be moderated.
      My life doesn't revolve around video games; I go to college, have a job, and have many ambitions in life. Do you? I sure hope so. And I agree that no one should be totally and completely obsessed with anything...at all. There is no such thing as a healthy obsession.

      However, I just think it's fucking pathetic that so many people try to demonize something that is, in reality, a quite innocuous, fun little hobby - completely harmless to the Average Joe's psyche. It's even more pathetic using it as a scapegoat for things in life that people can't control, such as when someone's finally going to snap and shoot up a high school.

      If you don't feel the need to cite any factual, scientific, statistically significant sources to support your "information" then don't fucking post it. That's all I'm saying. If thou agreest not with it, thou art a douche.

      Quote Originally Posted by Grod View Post
      I wasn't talking about nitsuJ.
      My bad.
      Last edited by Lzen; 11-08-2008 at 06:23 AM.
      Final Fantasy VI Rules!

      Total LDs: 10 | WILDs: 4 | DILDs: 5 | DEILDs: 2
      "Take atheism, for example. Not a religion? Their pseudo-dogmatic will to convert others to their system of beliefs is eerily reminiscent of the very behavior they criticize in the religious."

    13. #13
      Banned
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Out Chasing Rabbits
      Posts
      15,193
      Likes
      929
      NOtm, me. Althogut I'm kinda hammes right now. I'm of legal age and hanve't been drunk oin a long time.

    14. #14
      Xox
      USA Xox is offline
      Momentum Xox's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Gender
      Location
      cloudless climes
      Posts
      4,770
      Likes
      330
      DJ Entries
      13
      I've never drank or done drugs, I'm 16 though.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jeff777 View Post
      I like making money, not making my brain cells die off.
      True dat to the latter.

      Quote Originally Posted by ninja9578 View Post
      NOtm, me. Althogut I'm kinda hammes right now. I'm of legal age and hanve't been drunk oin a long time.
      XD

    15. #15
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      I have smoked pot, but I don't do it often.

      I have drank a bear before, but only one.

      I have drank like half a bottle of tequila before...didn't make me feel any different aside from a weird feeling in my stomach.


      I don't drink unless I'm depressed, and I don't smoke pot unless I'm happy.


      Also I smoke cigarettes.

      Why do I do all this shit? Cause I'm depressed and I kill my self slowly because I don't have the courage to do it quickly.
      Last edited by Sandform; 11-08-2008 at 06:39 AM.

    16. #16
      The Anti-Member spockman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      2,500
      Likes
      132
      My life doesn't revolve around video games; I go to college, have a job, and have many ambitions in life. Do you? I sure hope so. And I agree that no one should be totally and completely obsessed with anything...at all. There is no such thing as a healthy obsession.
      I never accused you of being obssesed, I was just saying that to say bad things can't come from video games for certain individuals disposed against it is totally innacurate.

      However, I just think it's fucking pathetic that so many people try to demonize something that is, in reality, a quite innocuous, fun little hobby - completely harmless to the Average Joe's psyche. It's even more pathetic using it as a scapegoat for things in life that people can't control, such as when someone's finally going to snap and shoot up a high school.
      I agree.

      Edited for child friendliness
      If you don't feel the need to cite any factual, scientific, statistically significant sources to support your "information" then don't dang post it. That's all I'm saying. If thou agreest not with it, thou art a poop.
      I'm not saying it's inherently bad or is destroying our society. But the general attitude of alot of people which is just 'entertain me' does make some people pre-disposed to spend way too much time playing games.
      Paul is Dead




    17. #17
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Posts
      1,342
      Likes
      4
      I am not a druggie, I'm a responsible druggie.

    18. #18
      never better Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      Bearsy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Gender
      Location
      BuffaLOVE, New York
      Posts
      2,825
      Likes
      68
      Quote Originally Posted by What is Real View Post
      Umm...yeah. I hate drugs, and will never drink even when I'm of age, but a lot of people here seem to be junkies. Who else isn't?
      What are you talking about, "junkies"?

      I don't think anyone on here has ever mentioned using heroin, except in negative connotations or in order to make a point about something.


      You say you hate drugs... how do you know? Why?
      Have you even done one? Have you had negative experience with drugs?


      I love drugs, and am a recreational and spiritual(shamanic) drug user. This does not make me a "junkie" by any means.
      I function perfectly, I'm currently taking 4 college classes this semester and have a 3.4 GPA. I'm active in my community and volunteer my time to help out in my city whenever I can.

      Having a negative view of something without experience on the subject is, no offense, stupid.

      How old are you, might I ask, oh, master of intelligence and worldly wisdom?

    19. #19
      Designated Cyberpunk Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Black_Eagle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Austin, Texas
      Posts
      2,440
      Likes
      146
      I have never smoked anything. I have never drank more than a drop of wine.

      I was injured in a car accident when I was younger because my father was drunk when we were driving home from the golf course. I didn't know about his addiction back then because I was too young to understand. I am thankful that it had not been worse and I had not died.

      My father is an alcoholic and my former step father was a pot addict (one in a million). He was fired for smoking on the job one day which caused my mother and him to live off credit cards for a while. This caused us to go into debt. This debt was left with my mother after she divorced him. Honestly, my life was going pretty damn great before my mom and stepdad divorced. When they divorced a couple days after my birthday, my life just went straight into the gutters. He took the family dog (which I loved dearly) and himself out of my life.

      My Aunt, who has smoked for as long as I can remember, currently has bad breast cancer and might die.

      The people I know who do drugs are generally not as intelligent or motivated as those of us who don't. Not to say everyone is like this, but EVERYONE I know who do drugs don't seem as well off in school.

      Everyone currently around me who I remotely enjoy being around does drugs and always asks me why I don't. Everybody tries to pressure me into it, and I have ready access to drugs whenever I want. A part of me wants to, but I look at these kids and see people I'm incapable of respecting.

      Ironically, since I myself have never used, drugs are ruining my life. Even more ironically, I'd be happy if I used. But who knows how long that would last before everything gets fucked up?
      Surrender your flesh. We demand it.

    20. #20
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Posts
      330
      Likes
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by What is Real View Post
      Umm...yeah. I hate drugs, and will never drink even when I'm of age, but a lot of people here seem to be junkies. Who else isn't?
      You're another mindless sheep-person who believes in the anti-drug propaganda forced upon you by your government.

    21. #21
      Climbing giants Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      TimB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      1,286
      Likes
      27
      It may surprise you, seeing what stereotypes people seem to have, but I'm dutch, and I'm not a druggie. But I'm not against drugs either. It's a bit stupid to be against it.

      It's like alcohol and caffeine and nicotine in smoking: I don't do those either, but I don't hate them. I'm not against them. It's pointless and stupid.

      If you give somebody something, anything, really, whether it's a gun or food, then he can use it, or abuse it.
      One can eat healthily, or he can eat himself into an early grave.
      One can drink a glass of wine every evening and live more healthily, as studies have supposedly shown, or he can become a full-blown addict.
      It's the same with drugs, really. You can do it once in a while and remain in control over yourself, or you can give into the addiction and become a junkie.

      Aside from that, I'd rather be in complete control of myself and my thoughts, and let as little as possible chemical substances alter them. That's why I personally don't do drugs or alcohol.

    22. #22
      Member rastasteez's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      227
      Likes
      2
      You know the dealer, the dealer is a man
      With the love grass in his hand
      Oh but the pusher is a monster
      Good God, he's not a natural man
      The dealer for a nickel
      Lord, will sell you lots of sweet dreams
      Ah, but the pusher ruin your body
      Lord, he'll leave your, he'll leave your mind to scream

      -The Pusher - Steppenwolf
      great song
      i believe this is about how hard drugs can be a monster and that weed is not. but who knows. i love this song.
      i smoke not because its the "cool" thing to do. i see people at school talking about it all the time, however, i do not share this information with hardly any of my friends. i only really smoke in front of people i am completely comfortable with. i smoke partly because of Rastafarian beliefs in that it brings you closer to Jah and opens you up to the truth. who knows.
      Last edited by rastasteez; 11-08-2008 at 05:57 PM.
      Love and
      Hope and Sex
      and Dreams

    23. #23
      Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      4,904
      Likes
      64
      I drink very rarely, and when I do never more than a buzz. I never have and don't plan on using any sort of recreational drug. I don't smoke cigarettes, either. I'm just really not that interested.

    24. #24
      I has a bucket suttsman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      1,062
      Likes
      0
      I've had 1 sip of beer in my lifetime, but that's it. I've never smoked or abused drugs.

      Signature skilled by ClouD
      Quote Originally Posted by Oscar
      ...so you went to italy and you didnt even see the eiffel tower?

    25. #25
      Member Blakesawake's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      62
      Likes
      0
      I am surprised by the number of people who have never touched drugs or alcohol or just had a sip

    Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •