• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 27
    1. #1
      Veteran of the DV Wars Man of Steel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      LD Count
      ~35
      Gender
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      4,553
      Likes
      94

      Welcome DuB to the DV Staff!

      After much deliberation and consternation, as well as constipation (shouldn't have eaten all that white bread...) and prognostication, our first new moderator in quite some time has been promoted, and his name is DuB!

      We've been deliberating over the subject of new moderators for a few weeks now, and it feels good to have finally promoted someone.Please welcome DuB, buy him a beer, give him a lapdance hug, whatever; if you're not in his good graces already it might be prudent to get there.

      Looking forward to working with you, man! Here's to DuB!

    2. #2
      Legend Jeff777's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Gender
      Posts
      8,052
      Likes
      1511
      ??? Erm...you don't post much DuB, but congrats.
      Things are not as they seem

    3. #3
      DuB
      DuB is offline
      Distinct among snowflakes DuB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      2,399
      Likes
      358
      I'm around quite a bit - I post when I have something to say.

      Anyway, cheers

    4. #4
      Legend Jeff777's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Gender
      Posts
      8,052
      Likes
      1511
      Things are not as they seem

    5. #5
      Cosmic Citizen ExoByte's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      LD Count
      ~A Dozen
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      4,394
      Likes
      116
      What is it with the staff positions being handed out like candy?
      This space is reserved for signature text. A signature goes here. A signature is static combination of words at the end of a post. This is not a signature. Its a signature placeholder. One day my signature will go here.

      Signed,
      Me

    6. #6
      Legend Jeff777's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Gender
      Posts
      8,052
      Likes
      1511
      Quote Originally Posted by ExoByte View Post
      What is it with the staff positions being handed out like candy?
      Mmmm, candy.

      Things are not as they seem

    7. #7
      Veteran of the DV Wars Man of Steel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      LD Count
      ~35
      Gender
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      4,553
      Likes
      94
      Quote Originally Posted by ExoByte View Post
      What is it with the staff positions being handed out like candy?
      What is it with you having something negative to say about everything the staff does? Learn to be positive, Exo, there's a whole 'nother world out there.

    8. #8
      Toast Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      shrimpster's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      LD Count
      75
      Gender
      Location
      New Zealand
      Posts
      175
      Likes
      0
      Congratulations DuB
      LD count: 75
      (17 DEILDs, 54 DILDs, 4 WILDs)

    9. #9
      ├┼┼┼┼┤
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Equestria
      Posts
      6,315
      Likes
      1190
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
      What is it with you having something negative to say about everything the staff does? Learn to be positive, Exo, there's a whole 'nother world out there.
      You didn't answer his question. DV administration has been reckless lately.

      ---------
      Lost count of how many lucid dreams I've had
      ---------

    10. #10
      Legend Jeff777's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Gender
      Posts
      8,052
      Likes
      1511
      And so it begins...
      Things are not as they seem

    11. #11
      Member Amethyst Star's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Atashermi
      Posts
      6,856
      Likes
      63
      Congratulations, DuB!

      Quote Originally Posted by Marvo View Post
      You didn't answer his question. DV administration has been reckless lately.
      That was fast.

      "If there was one thing the lucid dreaming ninja writer could not stand, it was used car salesmen."

    12. #12
      Il Buoиo Siиdяed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Gender
      Location
      иowheяe
      Posts
      3,846
      Likes
      390
      I have nothing but love and respect for the administration of this forum. I think that on the whole they make the right choices that benefit the majority, and the few msitakes they do make are often minor and are usually corrected within a short period of time.

      That's right. I said it.

    13. #13
      Cosmic Citizen ExoByte's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      LD Count
      ~A Dozen
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      4,394
      Likes
      116
      Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
      What is it with you having something negative to say about everything the staff does?

      Because save for a few, they're incompetent.
      This space is reserved for signature text. A signature goes here. A signature is static combination of words at the end of a post. This is not a signature. Its a signature placeholder. One day my signature will go here.

      Signed,
      Me

    14. #14
      Gentlemen. Ladies. slayer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Right here... Reputation: 9999
      Posts
      4,900
      Likes
      469
      DJ Entries
      4
      Oh shit...

      This is bad news for me...

    15. #15
      無駄だ~! GestaltAlteration's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Location
      Louisville, Kentucky
      Posts
      2,385
      Likes
      93
      DJ Entries
      11
      I don't intend to get in his good graces anytime soon.

      But, yeah, still, yay DuB...

    16. #16
      Veteran of the DV Wars Man of Steel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      LD Count
      ~35
      Gender
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      4,553
      Likes
      94
      Quote Originally Posted by Marvo View Post
      You didn't answer his question. DV administration has been reckless lately.
      Reckless? The community has been telling us we need more moderators/better moderation for quite some time. How is answering this problem "reckless," exactly? As to staff positions being handed out like candy, I'm afraid I don't see that at all. All staff promotions are carefully considered and discussed, I assure you.

      Quote Originally Posted by Siиdяed View Post
      I have nothing but love and respect for the administration of this forum. I think that on the whole they make the right choices that benefit the majority, and the few msitakes they do make are often minor and are usually corrected within a short period of time.

      That's right. I said it.
      Thank you, Siиdяed. That is much appreciated.

      Quote Originally Posted by ExoByte View Post

      Because save for a few, they're incompetent.
      If you dislike the management here so much, feel free to take your posting elsewhere. I assure you we would not mind one bit.

    17. #17
      Member Robot_Butler's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Tons
      Gender
      Location
      Bay Area, California
      Posts
      6,320
      Likes
      798
      DJ Entries
      75
      What a warm welcome

      Good to have you on staff, DuB.

    18. #18
      Banned
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Out Chasing Rabbits
      Posts
      15,193
      Likes
      929
      Quote Originally Posted by ExoByte View Post

      Because save for a few, they're incompetent.
      No I'm aren't.


      Welcome DuB

    19. #19
      Cosmic Citizen ExoByte's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      LD Count
      ~A Dozen
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      4,394
      Likes
      116
      Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
      Reckless? The community has been telling us we need more moderators/better moderation for quite some time. How is answering this problem "reckless," exactly?

      Quality, not Quantity.



      Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
      If you dislike the management here so much, feel free to take your posting elsewhere. I assure you we would not mind one bit.
      Just because I don't like how you run the place doesn't mean I don't enjoy the place itself. Nor do I dislike the management. In fact, most of the management members I enjoy talking to and their company. However, wheather they are actually the best people for the job is another question.

      Either way, you're ignorant assumption that I dislike the forum, or management for that matter, because I express a disagreement with the way its run is not only insulting, but childish. Which just adds to my list of gripes.

      Fact of the matter is, its only business. To turn it personal is insulting, ignorant and unprofessional and all around testament to my last post.


      Quote Originally Posted by ninja9578 View Post
      No I'm aren't.

      Nah, you're just hammer happy. But don't worry Ninja, we <3 your Nazi regime.
      This space is reserved for signature text. A signature goes here. A signature is static combination of words at the end of a post. This is not a signature. Its a signature placeholder. One day my signature will go here.

      Signed,
      Me

    20. #20
      Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      4,904
      Likes
      64
      Well I hope none of that is referring to me. If it is, please let me know what you think I can do to be a better staff member and I shall try my best.

      In the meantime, can't we all just welcome Dub and take these debates about staff competency to META, where they belong???

      Congrats yet again Dubbo

      (btw, Jeff: I hate you in advance for the nightmares )
      Last edited by Shift; 12-05-2008 at 02:34 AM.

    21. #21
      Veteran of the DV Wars Man of Steel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      LD Count
      ~35
      Gender
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      4,553
      Likes
      94
      Quote Originally Posted by ExoByte View Post

      Quality, not Quantity.





      Just because I don't like how you run the place doesn't mean I don't enjoy the place itself. Nor do I dislike the management. In fact, most of the management members I enjoy talking to and their company. However, wheather they are actually the best people for the job is another question.

      Either way, you're ignorant assumption that I dislike the forum, or management for that matter, because I express a disagreement with the way its run is not only insulting, but childish. Which just adds to my list of gripes.

      Fact of the matter is, its only business. To turn it personal is insulting, ignorant and unprofessional and all around testament to my last post.
      Exo, in the context I used it, 'management' is a verb. I made no assumption that you dislike the forum, nor that you dislike its management; you stated the latter yourself. And no, it's not "only business." The DV staff are not part of some corporation, we are just people that give way too much of our free time to keep this place running. We all have a personal investment in this forum. You get paid in business.

      Frankly, your attitude lately has been less than pleasant, and I'm not the only one who doesn't appreciate it. If you have a problem with me or any other staff member, take it up via PM, please.

    22. #22
      Cosmic Citizen ExoByte's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      LD Count
      ~A Dozen
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      4,394
      Likes
      116
      Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
      Exo, in the context I used it, 'management' is a verb. I made no assumption that you dislike the forum, nor that you dislike its management; you stated the latter yourself. And no, it's not "only business." The DV staff are not part of some corporation, we are just people that give way too much of our free time to keep this place running. We all have a personal investment in this forum. You get paid in business.
      If you'll recall, I used to be on of those people. I don't need the "we volunteer" lecture. I've been there.

      Fact of the matter is, yeah you're putting in personal time. But you do that in any job, corporation or business. I don't use business in the sense of an organization, but in the sense that there needs to be an effective system in place. It's business and not personal in the sense that I don't fight the staff because someone on the staff has wronged me in someway, but that I disagree entirely with the way the way it is run, from a professional standpoint, at this point in time.


      Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
      Frankly, your attitude lately has been less than pleasant, and I'm not the only one who doesn't appreciate it. If you have a problem with me or any other staff member, take it up via PM, please.

      Again, I have no problems with any specific staff member. I don't dislike a single one. It's the result of the equation that you're all apart of that is being disputed here.
      This space is reserved for signature text. A signature goes here. A signature is static combination of words at the end of a post. This is not a signature. Its a signature placeholder. One day my signature will go here.

      Signed,
      Me

    23. #23
      Veteran of the DV Wars Man of Steel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      LD Count
      ~35
      Gender
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      4,553
      Likes
      94
      In that case, present some workable ideas in Meta. There is a thread there for that sort of thing, I believe. I know you've posted some ideas in the CT forum, maybe you could break that down into something a bit more useable in the here and now?

      In any event, let's discontinue this conversation here, we're hijacking DuB's thread. If you have some specifics in mind, PM me.

      Congrats again, DuB, and my apologies for derailing the thread.

    24. #24
      Xox
      USA Xox is offline
      Momentum Xox's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Gender
      Location
      cloudless climes
      Posts
      4,770
      Likes
      330
      DJ Entries
      13
      Congratulations and good luck DuB!

    25. #25
      Rotaredom Howie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Gender
      Location
      Undisclosed location
      Posts
      10,272
      Likes
      24
      HI DuB

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •