• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 40
    1. #1
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Eng£and
      Posts
      786
      Likes
      2

      Trying to buy a 18 rated game

      Im 16 and i want to buy Far Cry 2 at my local game store.
      I would buy it off the internet but the delivery is very slow becuase of the time of year.
      I know some people will say it's rated 18 for a reason but i was playing GTA1 at the age of 6!! And to be honest i am not even a violent person.
      So if i go into the store and pick up the game will the guy at the counter ask me for ID and everything, or do they not acutally care?

    2. #2
      Haha. Hehe. Mes Tarrant's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Gender
      Location
      New Zea-la-land
      Posts
      6,774
      Likes
      32
      I bought an 18 rated game on my 18th birthday (or the day after or something ridiculous like that), and the dude asked me for my ID. I was like, man, get a life.

      Just give your money to an older friend and have him/her buy it for you.

    3. #3
      never better Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      Bearsy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Gender
      Location
      BuffaLOVE, New York
      Posts
      2,825
      Likes
      68
      Just try and buy it. You can't get in trouble, all they can do is say no. If it doesn't work just have a friend buy it.

      Oh and 9 times out of 10 they don't care.
      Last edited by Bearsy; 12-15-2008 at 11:11 AM.

    4. #4
      KuRoSaKi The B4NNED One Brandon Heat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      LD Count
      3x365x14=17,520
      Gender
      Location
      Salt Lake City, Utah
      Posts
      470
      Likes
      4
      They are going to ask for your I.D. the vast majority of places are starting to do this and I don't even know why. I saw a guy at Gamestop today who looked 40+ had a beard with gray hairs in it and everything and the chick at the register asked him for his I.D.

      I remember the good old days when I was 11 and bought my first Rated M game with my own money the man said something like. "You sure you need to be playing this kind of game?" I told him I already have played the rest of the series and he laughed.

      The world is a changing you now need your I.D. to confirm your age or else you will be considered under 18-21 whatever it is. It's gay so yeah get someone older to buy the game for you. Had to have my friend buy Resident Evil 4 for me today, since I lost my I.D.
      http://b.imagehost.org/0812/soul_star.jpg
      †♦┐"...Ore Wa...Casshern...Omae Wo Korosu!"┌♦†
      РЯӨĢŔΞŜŞΊǾΝ'$ ÖβۍΣЅšÌõЙ

    5. #5
      not on boats
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Posts
      403
      Likes
      1
      You could try shopping around. Mabye try to buy it at a bunch of places, and see who is willing to sell it to you. Or, hell, download it.

    6. #6
      Dreamah in ReHaB AirRick101's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Los Altos, CA
      Posts
      1,622
      Likes
      22
      Dreamhope11, there was no need for you to justify getting a mature game when you're a minor...nobody here cares about that, lol.

      screw it, just go to your local mall or whatever and hit up every store that would have Far Cry 2. Take the game to the cash register with a sense of authority (but not too much, cuz then they'd question you). and if the employee is a girl, you have an advantage. you can flirt with her, perhaps distract her with a compliment (I usually do this for fun - I say to myself "find something to comment on, now!" ~ it usually makes for a fun transaction )

      basically, you're bound to find an employee who's nice enough to do you a favor, or just plain doesn't care about his job, lol
      naturals are what we call people who did all the right things accidentally

    7. #7
      Worst title ever Grod's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      LD Count
      breathe for me
      Gender
      Location
      gliding in the absolute
      Posts
      3,550
      Likes
      194
      Just bring a friend who's 17, and then if they're a douche and like "let me see some ID" be like, "FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCKUF FYOFU OIDJFDISOPJFD PId"

    8. #8
      Banned
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Out Chasing Rabbits
      Posts
      15,193
      Likes
      929
      They'll ask for ID. Just buy it online.

    9. #9
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      2,119
      Likes
      3
      Yeah, like asking for ID prevents even 0.000001% of people playing games above their age level, and like it's a fucking crime to play a game that ESRB, whoever the fuck they are, says is too mature.

      Gawd.

    10. #10
      Haha. Hehe. Mes Tarrant's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Gender
      Location
      New Zea-la-land
      Posts
      6,774
      Likes
      32
      ^^ I know, right? Maybe it's more a formality than anything else.

      Quote Originally Posted by Grod View Post
      Just bring a friend who's 17, and then if they're a douche and like "let me see some ID" be like, "FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCKUF FYOFU OIDJFDISOPJFD PId"
      Rofl Good plan.

    11. #11
      ├┼┼┼┼┤
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Equestria
      Posts
      6,315
      Likes
      1190
      DJ Entries
      1
      Buy it over the internet, it'll be 1 or 2 days before it arrives.

      They don't ask for ID in Denmark, because there's no law against minors playing/buying games above their age limit. As far as I know, a store cannot withhold a videogame either, even if it's their "policy".

      ---------
      Lost count of how many lucid dreams I've had
      ---------

    12. #12
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      2,119
      Likes
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by Marvo View Post
      They don't ask for ID in Denmark, because there's no law against minors playing/buying games above their age limit. As far as I know, a store cannot withhold a videogame either, even if it's their "policy".
      Legally, they can, just because they can withhold any product. Since the buyer doesn't owe the store money until he walks out with the game, the store can refuse service.

    13. #13
      Omnipotent Being. nitsuJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Gender
      Location
      The Outer Reaches
      Posts
      1,957
      Likes
      6
      I've bought games rated 17+ and all when I was like 14. I've never been ID'd for a game, but if your parent or someone 18+ is with you, you can buy the game and not worry about being ID'd. You could try to buy the game yourself, if they ask for your ID tell them you left it at home or something, if they won't give it to you get someone 18, or older to buy it for you.

    14. #14
      Designated Cyberpunk Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Black_Eagle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Austin, Texas
      Posts
      2,440
      Likes
      146
      Word of advice to those under 18 wanting to buy M rated games:

      Don't go to gamestop, because they will inevitably ask for your id. They always do. Sometimes you get some real douchebags at gamestop. Try another store.
      Surrender your flesh. We demand it.

    15. #15
      That Guy
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      705
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Black_Eagle View Post
      Word of advice to those under 18 wanting to buy M rated games:

      Don't go to gamestop, because they will inevitably ask for your id. They always do. Sometimes you get some real douchebags at gamestop. Try another store.
      I go to EB, which I think is owned by the same people. They have one cool dude there, who I remember one time, a guy was trying to buy Halo 3 in front of me, and he went up to the counter, and the dude was like "Yo man, so you're 18 right?", and the kid was like "Uh, no.", and the guy just laughed and was like "Well, then I can't let you buy this... Bad move dude". I was laughing, and then I go up to the counter and he's like "You're 18 right?", I'm like "Yeah man", and he's like "Smart man, here you go". Twas bomb.

      It completely depends on the person working, it's worth a try.

    16. #16
      Designated Cyberpunk Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Black_Eagle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Austin, Texas
      Posts
      2,440
      Likes
      146
      Quote Originally Posted by Bayside View Post
      I go to EB, which I think is owned by the same people. They have one cool dude there, who I remember one time, a guy was trying to buy Halo 3 in front of me, and he went up to the counter, and the dude was like "Yo man, so you're 18 right?", and the kid was like "Uh, no.", and the guy just laughed and was like "Well, then I can't let you buy this... Bad move dude". I was laughing, and then I go up to the counter and he's like "You're 18 right?", I'm like "Yeah man", and he's like "Smart man, here you go". Twas bomb.

      It completely depends on the person working, it's worth a try.
      Some people take their job too seriously lol.
      Surrender your flesh. We demand it.

    17. #17
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Eng£and
      Posts
      786
      Likes
      2
      My dad came with me to buy it, i was standing next to him at the counter and the women looked at me and said "do you want the collectors edition for £5 more" She obviously knew it was for me, but she didn't ask for ID, i guess it was because my dad was there.

    18. #18
      I LOVE KAOSSILATOR Serkat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Posts
      2,609
      Likes
      2
      In Germany it would be virtually impossible to buy a game that you're not supposed to buy. The stores have to check for IDs and if they don't they're in deep shit (they get tested).
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1eP84n-Lvw

      Ich brauche keine Waffe.

      Ich ermittle ausschließlich mit dem Gehirn!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1eP84n-Lvw

    19. #19
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      2,119
      Likes
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by Serkat View Post
      In Germany it would be virtually impossible to buy a game that you're not supposed to buy. The stores have to check for IDs and if they don't they're in deep shit (they get tested).
      Sounds like the Nazis weren't defeated after all.

      Godwin's Law!

    20. #20
      Member Photolysis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,270
      Likes
      316
      As far as I know, a store cannot withhold a videogame either, even if it's their "policy".
      Any business has the right to refuse their services. It's once both parties have agreed to the transaction that various rights come in to play.

    21. #21
      Member Umbrasquall's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      3,444
      Likes
      3
      You can just download it off of Direct2Drive or Steam, one of those sites must have it available.

    22. #22
      Master of Logic Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Kromoh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Some rocky planet with water
      Posts
      3,993
      Likes
      86
      In Brazil, the only law there is is about going to films you're not supposed to watch - you can only do it with someone 18+ who takes responsibility over you. Try to talk an older friend into doing it for you - it's a failproof plan, and I doubt anyone would refuse to do it. If you do appear older, it's high time you got yourself a false ID, not only to buy the game, but for everything else.

      Believe me, false IDs are extremely handy, if you do appear older - unlike me, I'm about to turn 18 and barely look 14. I always rely on my buds to buy me drinks.
      ~Kromoh

      Saying quantum physics explains cognitive processes is just like saying geology explains jurisprudence.

    23. #23
      KuRoSaKi The B4NNED One Brandon Heat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      LD Count
      3x365x14=17,520
      Gender
      Location
      Salt Lake City, Utah
      Posts
      470
      Likes
      4
      Quote Originally Posted by Dreamhope11 View Post
      My dad came with me to buy it, i was standing next to him at the counter and the women looked at me and said "do you want the collectors edition for £5 more" She obviously knew it was for me, but she didn't ask for ID, i guess it was because my dad was there.

      http://b.imagehost.org/0812/soul_star.jpg
      †♦┐"...Ore Wa...Casshern...Omae Wo Korosu!"┌♦†
      РЯӨĢŔΞŜŞΊǾΝ'$ ÖβۍΣЅšÌõЙ

    24. #24
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DeathCell's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      1,764
      Likes
      41
      Quote Originally Posted by Dreamhope11 View Post
      Im 16 and i want to buy Far Cry 2 at my local game store.
      I would buy it off the internet but the delivery is very slow becuase of the time of year.
      I know some people will say it's rated 18 for a reason but i was playing GTA1 at the age of 6!! And to be honest i am not even a violent person.
      So if i go into the store and pick up the game will the guy at the counter ask me for ID and everything, or do they not acutally care?
      I missed the age limit id'ing stage when I was younger.
      This was that cult, and the prisoners said it had always existed and always would exist, hidden in distant wastes and dark places all over the world until the time when the great priest Cthulhu, from his dark house in the mighty city of R'lyeh under the waters, should rise and bring the earth again beneath his sway.

    25. #25
      Member theSheep's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Montreal
      Posts
      141
      Likes
      0
      hold on are you buying it for xbox or pc?

      o and I beat far cry 2... HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT

      if ur buying it for pc you can get it off steam
      Judo - a way of life

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •