• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 16 of 16
    1. #1
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Victoria B.C. Canada
      Posts
      2,868
      Likes
      60

      cat experts come in

      Few questions.

      My cat is 4 years old but wakes me up well before my alarm and refuses to let me sleep, keeps meowing and meowing and meowing and ignores me when i scream at him at the top of my lungs. Even when i am home from work and he is in the dining room well away from my room he keeps meowing nons top. I am THIS close to getting rid of him, he is driving me CRAZY! even when i chase him around the house yelling at him he comes back a few seconds later and continues to meow....even when i spray him....

      Also, i was told i am supposed to feed a cat 1 time per day but today a guy told me "how would you like me to starve you and feed you 1 time a day"....who the eff is right? i feed him at 6pm.

    2. #2
      Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      2,760
      Likes
      1081
      DJ Entries
      222
      I have never fed my cats one a day I just let them eat. I think if your cat is an indoor cat it's more important to feed them 1 or 2 times a day. I think you don't realise what a pet is. They are supposed to show you affection. If I knew where you lived I would prolly call the cops on you.
      Last edited by zebrah; 06-16-2010 at 12:26 AM.

    3. #3
      Retired Post Whore-73PPD jarrhead's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      LD Count
      82
      Gender
      Location
      Tijeras/Albuquerque
      Posts
      1,938
      Likes
      122
      DJ Entries
      24
      For cats, it's best to just leave an open bag of food laying and let them crawl in and eat it.

    4. #4
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Victoria B.C. Canada
      Posts
      2,868
      Likes
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by Zebrah View Post
      I have never fed my cats one a day I just let them eat. I think if your cat is an indoor cat it's more important to feed them 1 or 2 times a day. I think you don't realise what a pet is. They are supposed to show you affection. If I knew where you lived I would prolly call the cops on you.
      Well then while you are at it call the cops on the SPCA, they are the ones who told me 1 time a day. You also said " I think if your cat is an indoor cat it's more important to feed them 1 or 2 times a day." so call the cops on yourself....

    5. #5
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Victoria B.C. Canada
      Posts
      2,868
      Likes
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by jarrhead View Post
      For cats, it's best to just leave an open bag of food laying and let them crawl in and eat it.
      That is how they get fat, no? i don't want my cat to be a huge blimp.

    6. #6
      Wololo Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Supernova's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      LD Count
      Gender
      Location
      Spiral out, keep going.
      Posts
      2,909
      Likes
      906
      DJ Entries
      10
      I have a small plastic cup that I fill each morning, I add a little to my cat's bowl whenever he wants some. Whatever's in there, he usually doesn't eat it all at once, so he can come back for more when I'm not there. Before I go to bed I dump whatever's left in the cup in his bowl, to get him through the night. This system seems to work pretty well for me.

      As for the meowing, my cat does that a lot too. The only solution I have is one that only works for my cat personally - because he's afraid of plastic bags, so I just put one by my door and he won't go near it.

    7. #7
      Lurker
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Posts
      2
      Likes
      0
      I feed my cats twice a day. But, my cat also howls at night when she wants to play. This means that I haven't played with them enough. In my mind, you are essentially punishing your cat for telling you that he wants to play or he's bored. Play with him before bed by throwing a hair ring, or a ball of paper or something and tire him out. Then you should be good to go.

    8. #8
      Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      2,760
      Likes
      1081
      DJ Entries
      222
      Quote Originally Posted by LucidFlanders View Post
      Well then while you are at it call the cops on the SPCA, they are the ones who told me 1 time a day. You also said " I think if your cat is an indoor cat it's more important to feed them 1 or 2 times a day." so call the cops on yourself....
      Sorry the first time I read you post I thought you said smacking not spraying. What I ment by that is that an outdoor cat gets more exersize and cam eat more. Sorry for over reacting. It just sounds like you hate your cat and don't understand what a pet is.

    9. #9
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Victoria B.C. Canada
      Posts
      2,868
      Likes
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by Zebrah View Post
      Sorry the first time I read you post I thought you said smacking not spraying. What I ment by that is that an outdoor cat gets more exersize and cam eat more. Sorry for over reacting. It just sounds like you hate your cat and don't understand what a pet is.
      No problem. I don't hate my cat, but i'm getting annoyed. I just played with him for 10 minutes and fed him before his normal feeding so hopefully he stays quiet.

      I read up that if an indoor cat eats all his food in 1 sitting split his food up 2-3 times a day instead of 1 big helping so i'll try doing that aswell.

    10. #10
      Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      2,760
      Likes
      1081
      DJ Entries
      222
      Quote Originally Posted by LucidFlanders View Post
      No problem. I don't hate my cat, but i'm getting annoyed. I just played with him for 10 minutes and fed him before his normal feeding so hopefully he stays quiet.

      I read up that if an indoor cat eats all his food in 1 sitting split his food up 2-3 times a day instead of 1 big helping so i'll try doing that aswell.
      Lol ok so we are good?

    11. #11
      Retired Post Whore-73PPD jarrhead's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      LD Count
      82
      Gender
      Location
      Tijeras/Albuquerque
      Posts
      1,938
      Likes
      122
      DJ Entries
      24
      Advertisement at the top of the page

      http://www.justanswer.com/new-questi...?tqid=53036222

      bam, ask them. LOL

    12. #12
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Victoria B.C. Canada
      Posts
      2,868
      Likes
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by Zebrah View Post
      Lol ok so we are good?
      Sure, we cool.

    13. #13
      Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      2,760
      Likes
      1081
      DJ Entries
      222
      Quote Originally Posted by LucidFlanders View Post
      Sure, we cool.

    14. #14
      Drowning in Dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_8B0000'>Zhaylin</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      LD Count
      c. 6 since join
      Gender
      Location
      Central West Virginia, USA
      Posts
      5,767
      Likes
      4703
      DJ Entries
      199
      Is he neutered? Cats have a very specific meow (very loud, projects to an extreme) when they're looking for a mate or their children. Is he lonely? Could he sleep in your room or bed?

      My cats (except for the newest arrivals who don't even have their eyes opened yet) all stay outside. Especially now that we're back at the trailer. But when they came inside at the Farm I was amazed by how much they enjoyed hair ties (cloth coated rubber bands). My cats and kittens never choked on them and they would spend 30 minutes accidentally flinging them in the air and then chasing them
      Now that they're outside, they love chasing bugs and climbing broken tree limbs.

      Does your cat have any toys out all the time? Toys he really enjoys?

    15. #15
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Victoria B.C. Canada
      Posts
      2,868
      Likes
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by Zhaylin View Post
      Is he neutered? Cats have a very specific meow (very loud, projects to an extreme) when they're looking for a mate or their children. Is he lonely? Could he sleep in your room or bed?

      My cats (except for the newest arrivals who don't even have their eyes opened yet) all stay outside. Especially now that we're back at the trailer. But when they came inside at the Farm I was amazed by how much they enjoyed hair ties (cloth coated rubber bands). My cats and kittens never choked on them and they would spend 30 minutes accidentally flinging them in the air and then chasing them
      Now that they're outside, they love chasing bugs and climbing broken tree limbs.

      Does your cat have any toys out all the time? Toys he really enjoys?
      The cat was neutered before we got him, he also has lots of toys he likes but he loves the toy i rarely ever play with him because every second of everyday he will want to play with that.

    16. #16
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      6,310
      Likes
      2026
      If your cat is meowing because it's hungry, then feed it more. With proper exercise, he shouldn't gain much weight. If he does gain some, the quality of the food may be too high. We had the same problem with our cats.

    Similar Threads

    1. Question For The Cat Experts
      By skuruza in forum The Lounge
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: 12-12-2006, 04:10 AM
    2. Question For The Experts
      By skuruza in forum Dream Control
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 10-16-2006, 03:27 PM
    3. need help 4rm da experts.
      By DowN-$yNDRoME in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: 01-27-2006, 03:07 AM
    4. LD Experts of These Forums
      By FaatFaat in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 07-15-2004, 05:36 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •