• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 55
    Like Tree4Likes

    Thread: Do You Support The Full Legalization Of Cannabis?

    1. #1
      Lurker
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      LD Count
      2
      Gender
      Posts
      1
      Likes
      0
      DJ Entries
      1

      Thumbs up Do You Support The Full Legalization Of Cannabis?

      I do.

      I believe it has many benificial medical purposes, as well as recreational.

      What's your opinion?
      LD Count: 1
      Accomplishments: (First Lucid Dream)
      Dream Goals: Fly [X] Free Fall [ ] Make Love [ ] Summon a DC [ ] Mentally Control Fire [ ] Go To The Bottom Of The Ocean [ ] Shoot Someone [ ]
      Status: WILD - 0 DILD - 1
      Most Dreams Recalled In One Night: 3
      Longest LD - 30 Seconds~

    2. #2
      Scire Verum Kayso_Dias's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Chi-Town Love
      Posts
      50
      Likes
      0
      DJ Entries
      8
      I almost feel like this is the same thing as Prohibition. Yeah.... drinking alcohol isn't the BEST for you but when they made it illegal a TON of crime and death came out of it, and now some there are no Al Capones trying to smuggle beer to people.

      If Cannabis was legal the Mexican Drug Lords would be out of half of their business.

      However I'm not for smoking pot or anything cause I've seen people become obsessed with it and ruin their lives. The same as an alcoholic would do.
      Goals:
      []Find Dream Guide [] LD at least twice by the end of the month []Fly [] Learn how to talk in dreams [] Ride a cloud

    3. #3
      Banned
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Out Chasing Rabbits
      Posts
      15,193
      Likes
      929

    4. #4
      Nightmare Lurker VincentNex's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      LD Count
      3
      Gender
      Location
      The darkness in your dreams
      Posts
      34
      Likes
      2
      Certainly, it's said to be less harmful than tobacco and alcohol.
      "In individuals insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule" - Nietzsche
      VN's DJ

    5. #5
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Saturos's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      309
      Likes
      55
      DJ Entries
      1
      Yeah, for sure. Fill the jails with real criminals, not some people enjoying a smoke. Also, people are ging to get it regardless of whether it's legal or not, so the government might as well legalize it, sel it in stores, and make money off the taxes.

    6. #6
      Treebeard! Odd_Nonposter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      LD Count
      9
      Gender
      Location
      Ohio, USA
      Posts
      567
      Likes
      35
      DJ Entries
      1
      Most certainly. I want it to be as legal as lettuce. Edit: 555 post get!
      Last edited by Odd_Nonposter; 06-18-2010 at 09:52 PM.
      The Emperor Wears No Clothes: The book that everyone needs to read.
      "If the words "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."- Terence McKenna

    7. #7
      Extreme Procrastinator Paraknight's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      247
      Likes
      20
      Kinda the replies I expected in a forum like this.
      I would agree, only I think there should be some sort of age restriction on it. Ya never know...

    8. #8
      Member Goatboy's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      LD Count
      1
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      57
      Likes
      13
      DJ Entries
      6
      Absolutely, theres no fucking reason for it to be illegal. If it was illegal because it is bad for you than alcohol and cigarettes would be illegal as well.
      Oh, Nobly Born,
      Now is the moment.
      Before you is mind, open and wide as space,
      Simple, without center or circumference.
      Now is the moment of death.
      -- Tibetan Book of the Dead

    9. #9
      Scire Verum Kayso_Dias's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Chi-Town Love
      Posts
      50
      Likes
      0
      DJ Entries
      8
      Probably cause if the Government makes it legal then everyone can grow it in their backyards and it would yield 0 dollars for them.
      Goals:
      []Find Dream Guide [] LD at least twice by the end of the month []Fly [] Learn how to talk in dreams [] Ride a cloud

    10. #10
      Ad absurdum Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Spartiate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Block 4500-7000
      Posts
      4,825
      Likes
      1112
      Quote Originally Posted by Kayso_Dias View Post
      Probably cause if the Government makes it legal then everyone can grow it in their backyards and it would yield 0 dollars for them.
      Even if this were true, the US government spends a heck of a lot of money currently fighting against marijuana. Neither losing or making money would be a step up for them.

    11. #11
      ├┼┼┼┼┤
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Equestria
      Posts
      6,315
      Likes
      1190
      DJ Entries
      1
      Definitely. I see no reason why cannabis is illegal.

      ---------
      Lost count of how many lucid dreams I've had
      ---------

    12. #12
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      I have never in my entire life, even for a second, at any age believed that marijuana should be illegal. It should be legal because no matter what can be shown about any negative effect it has on a person's health, a person has a right to risk his health. It should not be the government's decision. Period.

      On top of that, marijuana is the least harmful of all of the recreational drugs. Nobody has ever died of a pot overdose... EVER. Not once in the entire history of the world. Marijuana is safer than many things that are legal, including processed carbohydrates, high fat foods, and anorexia. Of course alcohol and tobacco are so much more dangerous than pot that the contrast is actually funny, considering how so many of the people who support marijuana illegality think alcohol and tobacco are quite all right and should be legal.

      Then there's the underground market/gang problem. Alcohol prohibition was so out of hand that we needed to repeal a Constitutional amendment. Why in the jumping Jesus Christ on a pogo stick American society did not learn from that huge historical mistake is a gigantic psychological/sociological mystery. Prohibition is the reason for the gangster climate that surrounds us now. Right wing fanatics claim that gangster rap is behind it, but that is a crock. Prohibition is behind gangster rap. This is a gang age we are living in. It's because of the stupid as shit war on drugs.
      Sekhmet and J.D. like this.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    13. #13
      stellar flotsam <span class='glow_808080'>cygnus</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      LD Count
      lots
      Gender
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      1,217
      Likes
      92
      Quote Originally Posted by ninja9578 View Post
      O damn where did that smiley come from.

      recently i've been hearing about people and pets getting killed in raids for negligible amounts of weed. why is this bull-fucking-shit being tolerated?
      Last edited by cygnus; 06-19-2010 at 08:17 PM. Reason: forgot to put the dashes in "bull-fucking-shit"
      stabilization guides:
      foundations -=- DCs & coherence

    14. #14
      Go DreamCatchers!!!! dorpis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      In
      Posts
      394
      Likes
      0
      I do agree but people who smoke weed stink. lol

      Well shellyboof bishop isn't going to let you over-egg this pudding!



      [SIGPIC] [SIGPIC]

    15. #15
      Reggie
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      LD Count
      5
      Location
      Murhjiik
      Posts
      664
      Likes
      30
      Weed can make you go loopy.

      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      I have never in my entire life, even for a second, at any age believed that marijuana should be illegal. It should be legal because no matter what can be shown about any negative effect it has on a person's health, a person has a right to risk his health. It should not be the government's decision. Period.

      On top of that, marijuana is the least harmful of all of the recreational drugs. Nobody has ever died of a pot overdose... EVER. Not once in the entire history of the world. Marijuana is safer than many things that are legal, including processed carbohydrates, high fat foods, and anorexia. Of course alcohol and tobacco are so much more dangerous than pot that the contrast is actually funny, considering how so many of the people who support marijuana illegality think alcohol and tobacco are quite all right and should be legal.

      Then there's the underground market/gang problem. Alcohol prohibition was so out of hand that we needed to repeal a Constitutional amendment. Why in the jumping Jesus Christ on a pogo stick American society did not learn from that huge historical mistake is a gigantic psychological/sociological mystery. Prohibition is the reason for the gangster climate that surrounds us now. Right wing fanatics claim that gangster rap is behind it, but that is a crock. Prohibition is behind gangster rap. This is a gang age we are living in. It's because of the stupid as shit war on drugs.
      But some people are stupid in this dumb society we have. So some people need there lives being told, dont they? It could lead from one problem to another and harm other people along the way.

    16. #16
      ├┼┼┼┼┤
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Equestria
      Posts
      6,315
      Likes
      1190
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucidness View Post
      But some people are stupid in this dumb society we have. So some people need there lives being told, dont they? It could lead from one problem to another and harm other people along the way.
      And alcohol is different how?

      ---------
      Lost count of how many lucid dreams I've had
      ---------

    17. #17
      Moo nsi dem oons ide kookyinc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      LD Count
      4
      Gender
      Location
      Moonside
      Posts
      529
      Likes
      118
      DJ Entries
      16
      It should be as legal as alcohol, I think. I don't want drivers to be drunk or stoned.
      I don't usually think, therefore I mostly am not.
      Quote Originally Posted by abicus View Post
      You can not convince the one with faith who needs not look for fact that the facts "prove them wrong".
      Likewise, you cant teach some one who looks for facts to have faith in the absence of facts.

    18. #18
      Sheep Counter horsey101's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      LD Count
      10 MILDS/WBTBS
      Gender
      Location
      Why do you want to know?
      Posts
      193
      Likes
      11
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      It should be legal because no matter what can be shown about any negative effect it has on a person's health, a person has a right to risk his health. It should not be the government's decision. Period.
      That's the exact reason I support legalization of all drugs. As long as you're over 18 and in your home, why should the government get to say what you are allowed to do?
      The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim
      Goals:
      10 Lucids [X]
      Look at my reflection [X]
      Dream sex [X] with climax [X]

    19. #19
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,674
      Likes
      200
      The question that I have in my mind is the line of demarkation between the individual and the state. Many people can safely own guns, and then again many cannot.

      Until such a time as it becomes realized that human freedom comes at the cost of human responsibility, I think that this is just another pointless question.

      One of the most important facts about human behavior is expressed in the simple statement "You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." This means that human freedom is proportional to mental ability--an idea which Plato once stated as Geometric Equality, i.e. an equality in proportion to a man's ability.

    20. #20
      Ad absurdum Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Spartiate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Block 4500-7000
      Posts
      4,825
      Likes
      1112
      Quote Originally Posted by horsey101 View Post
      That's the exact reason I support legalization of all drugs. As long as you're over 18 and in your home, why should the government get to say what you are allowed to do?
      A person on meth or PCP is a huge threat to others. Somebody OD-ing on heroine means one less ambulance available for real emergencies. Some drugs are worse than others. It's the government's duty to protect its citizens, think about how your actions could affect others.

    21. #21
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,674
      Likes
      200
      Quote Originally Posted by Spartiate View Post
      . It's the government's duty to protect its citizens..
      I disagree as all are citizens. As the mind of a man is to a man, as a governing body, so too governing agencies of social structures. And as one must learn and effect standards of personal behavior, so too it is up to governing bodies to learn and effect standards of behavior on a social scale--in such a way as to not violate the individuals own responsibility of the same.

      Many claim that freedom means freedom from function, when in fact it means freedom to function. The human mind has a well defined function in regard to the life of the body.
      Last edited by Philosopher8659; 06-22-2010 at 06:52 PM.

    22. #22
      Extreme Procrastinator Paraknight's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      247
      Likes
      20
      Quote Originally Posted by Philosopher8659 View Post
      I disagree as all are citizens. As the mind of a man is to a man, as a governing body, so too governing agencies of social structures. And as one must learn and effect standards of personal behavior, so too it is up to governing bodies to learn and effect standards of behavior on a social scale--in such a way as to not violate the individuals own responsibility of the same.
      [OFFTOPIC] Have you ever read "The Social Contract" by Rousseau? You seem keen on political philosophy. [/OFFTOPIC]

    23. #23
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,674
      Likes
      200
      I started to, but he was too simple and too much in error.

      However, the legalization or prohibition of anything for any reason resolves back to individual virtue, what and why it is. One must define the unit of discourse, even for social structures before one can claim any ability to manipulate the universe of discourse.

      Only when you clearly understand the individual, can you clearly understand if or if not anyone has any authority to impose their will upon you, for individual human freedom is the foundation of all social discourse. However, freedom to function is a great deal different, in fact opposed to, freedom from function, a philosophy now running rampant in our court systems.
      Last edited by Philosopher8659; 06-22-2010 at 07:21 PM.

    24. #24
      Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Deeply immersed in the present moment
      Posts
      1,450
      Likes
      137
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      Why in the jumping Jesus Christ on a pogo stick American society did not learn from that huge historical mistake is a gigantic psychological/sociological mystery.
      Because we are Americans. We don't Quit just because we're wrong, we just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right
      <Link Removed> - My website/tumblelog

      “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

    25. #25
      stellar flotsam <span class='glow_808080'>cygnus</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      LD Count
      lots
      Gender
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      1,217
      Likes
      92
      Quote Originally Posted by Spartiate View Post
      A person on meth or PCP is a huge threat to others. Somebody OD-ing on heroine means one less ambulance available for real emergencies. Some drugs are worse than others. It's the government's duty to protect its citizens, think about how your actions could affect others.
      - people will acquire meth or PCP regardless of its legal status
      - if synthetic drugs such as these were legal, users would actually know the strength of the dose and an OD would be much less likely
      - people are a threat to others even without drugs;
      your
      government probably prioritizes these things better than others, spart. have you heard about people getting extradited between US/Canada (for weed possession) and going from a fine to... like a decade in prison?
      Last edited by cygnus; 06-27-2010 at 06:15 AM.
      stabilization guides:
      foundations -=- DCs & coherence

    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Cannabis+LD
      By Sarin in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 37
      Last Post: 12-25-2011, 04:44 PM
    2. Replies: 24
      Last Post: 01-16-2009, 08:22 AM
    3. A researched argument for drug legalization
      By aceofspades in forum Extended Discussion
      Replies: 30
      Last Post: 09-02-2008, 08:42 PM
    4. cannabis
      By bigdreams in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: 05-06-2008, 05:30 AM
    5. Cannabis and dreaming
      By Quester in forum Sleep and Health
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 12-11-2007, 10:20 PM

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •