• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 6 of 6
    1. #1
      the angel of deaf Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV
      dodobird's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Gender
      Location
      under a leaf
      Posts
      1,475
      Likes
      14
      Here is an idea I just had for LD inducing capsule.
      What you do is use some kind of thick capsule that melts quite slowly in the intestines.
      You put in it stimulating stuff such as caffeine. You take it when doing WBTB, and when you are already asleep the capsule melts and the stimulants are released. stimulants increases cognitive activity and may help in getting you lucid ( if it doesn't wake you up ).

      What do you think?
      A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service
      and compassion are the things which renew humanity.

      Buddha
      ҉
      ҈҈My music҈҈


    2. #2
      Member Elastic Onion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Angkor Wat
      Posts
      104
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by dodobird View Post
      Here is an idea I just had for LD inducing capsule.
      What you do is use some kind of thick capsule that melts quite slowly in the intestines.
      You put in it stimulating stuff such as caffeine. You take it when doing WBTB, and when you are already asleep the capsule melts and the stimulants are released. stimulants increases cognitive activity and may help in getting you lucid ( if it doesn't wake you up ).

      What do you think?
      [/b]
      Sounds like a good idea... if we had proof that caffeine can induce lucid dreams... which seems a little far fetched. Does anyone here wanna try it?
      [broken link removed]

    3. #3
      the angel of deaf Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV
      dodobird's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Gender
      Location
      under a leaf
      Posts
      1,475
      Likes
      14
      Quote Originally Posted by Elastic View Post
      Sounds like a good idea... if we had proof that caffeine can induce lucid dreams... which seems a little far fetched. Does anyone here wanna try it?
      [/b]
      Well my logic is this: caffeine greatly stimulates cognitive processes which may help induce lucid dreams, and will also probably make the sleep less deep, which may also help. ( unless afcourse you are addicted to caffeine, in which case it will not have much of an effect )
      The problem is that you can't just drink coffee before going to bad because it will be too hard to fall a sleep, hence this idea.
      A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service
      and compassion are the things which renew humanity.

      Buddha
      ҉
      ҈҈My music҈҈


    4. #4
      Member Elastic Onion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Angkor Wat
      Posts
      104
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by dodobird View Post
      Well my logic is this: caffeine greatly stimulates cognitive processes which may help induce lucid dreams, and will also probably make the sleep less deep, which may also help. ( unless afcourse you are addicted to caffeine, in which case it will not have much of an effect )
      The problem is that you can't just drink coffee before going to bad because it will be too hard to fall a sleep, hence this idea.
      [/b]
      Well, it sounds logical. I'll have to try it sometime.
      [broken link removed]

    5. #5
      SKA
      SKA is offline
      Human Being SKA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Here, Now
      Posts
      2,469
      Likes
      66
      I gratefully use Caffe´ne and Te´ne(however it's spelled) to make me a little ''clearer'' in the early morning hours.

      However I by far prefer Tea over Coffe as Coffee makes me Energetic and Clear in a kind of Disturbing, stressed out way. Th more coffee the more stressy. But Tea seems to be able to calm me down more mentally and physically. While at the same time it makes my Mind wakefull and everything seem very clear.

      This is why I think Tea is more apropriate for teh MindState of Lucid Dreaming. The sudden release of Caffeine in your Dreaming state might cause a jolt of adrenalin waking you up right away. Also, as I experience with coffee, my stomach is usually never very gratefull with me and ''protests'' a little when I down this strong caffe´nated drink.
      Stomach cramps in the middle of the night might also wake you up, but also may lead to nightmares to the deeper sleepers amongst us.

      Maybe a Tea Extract would work somewhat better? Tea seems to make me generally calmer cuz Tea yields far less Caffe´ne than Coffee does + it also contains Te´ne, another Stimulant substance. Maybe a Tea Extract with a littlebit of Mugwort as a filler stuffed in a Capsule would do something interresting?

      Usually the time for Capsules, pills, mushrooms..etc anything you put in your stomach to be taken up into the bloodstream and it's effect becomming active is somewhere bewteen Half an hour to An hour after ingestion. If your Stomach's full it might take an hour or somewhat more, but at night when your stomach's empty it will start to have effect maybe within or just after half an hour has passed. So the best way for this to work would be RIGHT as you are a the start or in the middle of a Dream.

      I guess this would work best when you go to sleep at night and set your alarmclock to go off at 04:00. You wake up briefly, take a Couple of Tea-Extract/Mugwort Capsules wash them away with a glass (all must be pre-setup the night before) and then quickly drift back to sleep. Preferably with no Alarm Clocks or people waking you up but waking up naturally and gradually.
      Luminous Spacious Dream Masters That Holographically Communicate
      among other teachers taught me

      not to overestimate the Value of our Concrete Knowledge;"Common sense"/Rationality,
      for doing so would make us Blind for the unimaginable, unparalleled Capacity of and Wisdom contained within our Felt Knowledge;Subconscious Intuition.

    6. #6
      the angel of deaf Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV
      dodobird's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Gender
      Location
      under a leaf
      Posts
      1,475
      Likes
      14
      Thanks for the comment. It sounds like a good idea.
      A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service
      and compassion are the things which renew humanity.

      Buddha
      ҉
      ҈҈My music҈҈


    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •